Prev_page Previous 1 3 4 5 9
Moon Mage titles 07/20/2010 06:55 PM CDT
It seems I have lost access to my Sect title with this title change, intentional?

-Raven
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/20/2010 07:12 PM CDT
Potentially.

Each sect has 5 new titles as well as the 2 old titles. You should certainly still qualify for the first tier sect title but it's entirely possible you will not qualify for any/all of the others. More details on that particular quirk later.

Please let me know if you do not at least have the first tier sect title and I'll investigate.

For reference by 1st tier I mean:
Celestian
Sophister
Fateweaver
G'nar Pethian
Nomad
Tezirite
Heritage Keeper

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 01:44 AM CDT
Actually, I'm not seeing the G'nar Peth tier 1 title.

> title pre list moonmage

The following titles of the Moonmage category are available to you:

Initiate Moon Mage, Apprentice Moon Mage, Journeyman Moon Mage, Moon Mage, Expert Moon Mage, Master Moon Mage, Grand Master Moon Mage, Soothsayer, Augur, Contemplator, Hypnotist, Traveler, Visionist, Mesmerist, Medium, Ascendant, Telepath, Illusionist, Novus, Fatebound, Fatalist, Auspex, Enthraller, Garden Seeker, Occultist, Mystic Artisan, Mathematician, Geometer, Dissident, Mystic Blade, Hex

> title pre choose moonmage g'nar pethian
I could not find that title.

> title pre choose sect g'nar pethian
I could not find that category.

I can get the title set if I go back to the tent.

> ask prophet about title
A blind prophet leans close and speaks to you. "I can offer you the title of 'G'nar Pethian Itron Spelluck of the Prophets' for your outstanding efforts as a representative of this sect. All you must do is ask me again, and it shall be yours."

> ask prophet about title
A blind prophet takes on proud look and announces, "From this day forth, Itron shall be known as a G'nar Pethian. Congratulations, Itron."

>look Itron
You are G'nar Pethian Itron Spelluck, an Elothean.

But it still isn't in my list for Moon Mage
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 01:47 AM CDT
Uh... guys. The new titles aren't in prime yet.

The reasons you don't see the first tier on your list right now is the same reason you've never done so - they're handled under kinda weird mechanics. After the update they'll be handled under normal title mechanics (though post titles will still need to be issued from the sect rep).

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 08:18 AM CDT
Using title pre list, I used to have a sect catagory, now it is missing.
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 09:20 AM CDT
The sect category has gone away (that was a mechanics update).

Unfortunately, my updates to fix the high number of titles issue caused that to appear in Prime before the MM table got put into Prime. That will be fixed in a few minutes.

-GM Obseden
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."
"Anything's possible. Especially since I'm rewriting the system."
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 09:58 AM CDT
Are we going to have some kind of list put up as to what the requirements are for most of the new titles?

Necromancy brings out the Stupid in us all. -Armifer
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 10:07 AM CDT
>>Are we going to have some kind of list put up as to what the requirements are for most of the new titles?

It is still under discussion, but I think the title requirements will be more open than they have been in the past. Some titles may be left to PAFO, but I hope most of the requirements can be published.
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 10:15 AM CDT
IMO PAFO doesn't really work for titles. You can play and get them sometime and wonder what caused you to get it but unless you check your titles every time you rank, and sometimes not even then due to multiple reqs, you never really "find out".
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 10:29 AM CDT
I agree. I hate PAFO with titles. I use titles as goal markers, I like to know what I need for them and then just go for it but you have all these mystery titles floating out there for no good reason. I can see having a couple of PAFO titles but a good portion of them are, especially in the survival categories.

- Terra
Raesh gives Terra wings. And then rips them off and beats her with them.
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 10:33 AM CDT
<<IMO PAFO doesn't really work for titles. You can play and get them sometime and wonder what caused you to get it but unless you check your titles every time you rank, and sometimes not even then due to multiple reqs, you never really "find out".

QFT.

Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 10:40 AM CDT
I hate PAFO in general, but even more so with titles.

Player of Drevid and Jhaval

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 11:09 AM CDT
> I agree. I hate PAFO with titles. I use titles as goal markers, I like to know what I need for them and then just go for it but you have all these mystery titles floating out there for no good reason. I can see having a couple of PAFO titles but a good portion of them are, especially in the survival categories.

Not that I know what PAFO stands for but I'm making the assumption it has something to do with us being stuck with having to figure out why things work on a starship. In other words, if we want the title, figure it out ourselves and if you're lucky to train the right skill enough times, you may get it. Personally, I think that's always been stupid. I can understand some in-game secrets, but titles? Come on. I'd think differently on this if perks came with titles. Example: Safe Cracker. Maybe if by qualifying for the title you'd find you have some small added boost to lockpicking and or carving lockpicks, which is kinda ridiculous, then I would find keeping some titles reqs secret to have some meaning. Otherwise they're a pain in the arse.
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 11:11 AM CDT
PAFO: Play and Find Out.

Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 11:13 AM CDT
>>Not that I know what PAFO stands for but I'm making the assumption it has something to do with us being stuck with having to figure out why things work on a starship. In other words, if we want the title, figure it out ourselves and if you're lucky to train the right skill enough times, you may get it. Personally, I think that's always been stupid. I can understand some in-game secrets, but titles? Come on. I'd think differently on this if perks came with titles. Example: Safe Cracker. Maybe if by qualifying for the title you'd find you have some small added boost to lockpicking and or carving lockpicks, which is kinda ridiculous, then I would find keeping some titles reqs secret to have some meaning. Otherwise they're a pain in the arse.

PAFO means Play and Find out. Also, I agree.
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 11:45 AM CDT
Thanks should go out to a lot of people. Most notably Obseden, Armifer, Bursaal, Solomon and all the former GMs slain by this project. Also to everyone who submitted titles - regardless of if they made the cut.

Requirements - As Bursaal said this is still under discussion. I know I'm fairly new on the GM scene, but hopefully I've demonstrated a willingness to be as open with you guys as I can, and I intended to keep that policy with these. For now please go ahead and enjoy a period of exploration. I know it's not for everyone, but some people enjoy the puzzle and the discovery.

I will, however, give you this for now:
10 Circle (These are the same every guild gets)
32 Magic
37 Prediction/Astro
16 Lore
13 Survival
29 Combat
49 Sect
10 Ability
27 TF Only

Of the old titles:
40 have the same reqs as before
44 had their reqs adjusted in some way. Usually the reqs did not change much and were just moved to help space things out better or otherwise clean things up. Stargazer is the main exception of a title that is now dramatically lower than it was.

Also when I listed titles that were removed I forgot about Shadebringer and Scion. They may return at some point, but we're not at that point (Though close variants of both exist).

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 11:55 AM CDT
Indeed, a huge thanks to all of you. I am enjoying seeing the nifty new titles I have.

Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 12:03 PM CDT
>>For now please go ahead and enjoy a period of exploration. I know it's not for everyone, but some people enjoy the puzzle and the discovery.

I can understand and respect that. Maybe the web team can split the Title page, or have an option for spoilers. That way people who like pulling their hair, I mean figuring out title reqs can do that and those who just want to know can too.
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 12:52 PM CDT
> Maybe the web team can split the Title page, or have an option for spoilers. That way people who like pulling their hair, I mean figuring out title reqs can do that and those who just want to know can too.

On one hand I seconded this, but on the other I see it as potentially making more work for whoever would be responsible to do it. So unless someone would be willing go that far, I say do away with the guess work for players. Just post the reqs and dump the stupid secrecy part of it.
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 01:03 PM CDT
>>On one hand I seconded this, but on the other I see it as potentially making more work for whoever would be responsible to do it. So unless someone would be willing go that far, I say do away with the guess work for players. Just post the reqs and dump the stupid secrecy part of it.

Or what shouldn't take a lot of extra work is doing a typical spoiler text on the same page, put the reqs black on black so you have to highlight it to see.
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 01:08 PM CDT
>>Uh... guys. The new titles aren't in prime yet.

Duh. That, and coupled with

>>Unfortunately, my updates to fix the high number of titles issue caused that to appear in Prime before the MM table got put into Prime. That will be fixed in a few minutes.

From Obseden is what threw me for a loop.

But I do have a question about the Chaomancer title. Having it as a G'nar-Peth... And then promptly googling it... It sounds like it would be more akin to the Nomads.
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 01:19 PM CDT
I use titles as goals too. I don't think they should be PAFO either.

btw is Austromancy suppose to be Austromancer?
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 01:37 PM CDT
Let's go back to focusing on Titles and less on the PAFO aspect.

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/DragonRealms/60215414412
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 02:17 PM CDT
>>I still have an Astrology category, which still includes the Enchanter title.

>>Intended for now?

Hmm. No.

>>btw is Austromancy suppose to be Austromancer?

Yup. Looks like a bad copy/paste on my part. I had to turn a lot of -mancys into -mancers.

Not at home right now - so I cannot address either issue, but I'll look into them this evening.

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 02:25 PM CDT
>> But I do have a question about the Chaomancer title.

chaomancy
Divination, or presages, by observing and interpreting confusion or disorder; observed in clouds, airborne apparitions, aerial visions, or comets.

Emphasis on the first part.

Some of the -mancers might seem a little odd. There are conflicting definitions out there for a number of them, and frankly some of the divination techniques IG don't match up as nice as you might like to the literally 100s of -mancies out there.

For example at one point I had a title listed for both Nomads and Tezzies and it wasn't until later I realized I had doubled it up since it had two totally different meanings, each of which fit nicely with the respective sect.

Hopefully I can clarify any that don't make sense to you. Many of them can be found at:

http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index/info/view_unit/2725

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 03:52 PM CDT
The title Sage seems to be gone, its also not listed in the for the ones already posted.

Does this mean Sage is no longer a moon mage title?

Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 03:53 PM CDT
<<Does this mean Sage is no longer a moon mage title?>>

It's in the Astrology category.

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/DragonRealms/60215414412
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 03:55 PM CDT
>>It's in the Astrology category.

Astrology category is going away so I wasn't counting it. Especially since almost every title in the Astrology category is also available under moon mage.

Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 04:05 PM CDT
I'll look into it tonight with the others. If it was removed it was not intentionally done so.

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 04:11 PM CDT
OOps. Not being a fequent visitor to these boards I accidently posted in the wrong folder I think.

Anyways..

Thank you for the new titles. Never been huge on them but I always enjoy new things.

You are Mystic Aegis Vahlissa Rexem'lor, Shadow of Fate, an Elf.
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 05:34 PM CDT
Sage is definitely missing, it's the only Astrology title other than Enchanter not currently found somewhere in the new Moon Mage list. Unless the new requirements are insane.

~ Kougen

Vorasus says, "There will be blood."

Vorasus drinks your milkshake.
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 05:44 PM CDT
I would like to humbly request that the "Telekinetic Fury" title be split to give Rakash and Prydean the option of "Telekinetic Furry".

Thank you for your consideration.

-Serc

"We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves"
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 06:19 PM CDT
Yeah, there's no reason for Sage to be gone Kougen. When I get home in a few hours I'll figure out why it's missing (I suspect I just lost it in the shuffle) while looking into the other issues that have been mentioned.

>Serc

No. Just no.

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 07:06 PM CDT
>>Stargazer is the main exception of a title that is now dramatically lower than it was.

Thank you so much for this.

I'm a little sad none of my suggested titles seem to have made it, but oh well. Thanks for all the work! :)
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 07:08 PM CDT
Well, here's my attempt to get the ball rolling on figuring stuff out, since the only other way is to gain a whole bunch of ranks and painstakingly track them.

>10 Circle (These are the same every guild gets)

Initiate Moon Mage, Apprentice Moon Mage, Journeyman Moon Mage, Moon Mage, Expert Moon Mage, Master Moon Mage, Grand Master Moon Mage, Legendary Moon Mage, Transcendent Moon Mage

This is only nine. Unless you secretly confirmed a plan to raise the circle cap to 200 I don't see where you're getting 10 from.

>32 Magic

Stargazer, Medium, Contemplator, Mentalist, Mesmerist, Dreamer, Lunar Mage, Lunar Magician, Ascendant, Psychic, Dreamweaver, Illusionist, Novus, Occultist, Spectromancer, Puppet Master, Manipulator, Auspex, Enthraller, Astronomer, Lunarian, Wild Card, Astrologist, Lightcrafter, Luminary, Scion of Yavash, Scion of Xibar, Scion of Katamba

Looks like I have 28/32 of these. Lightcrafter and Luminary previously required 850 PP and 550 Astrology, this is my list with 1128 PP and 726 Astrology.

Known missing: Scion of Grazhir, Illuminated

>37 Prediction/Astro

Lucky, Palm Reader, Austromancy, Chiromancer, Soothsayer, Luckbringer, Daydreamer, Augur, Fortuneteller, Visionist, Doomsayer, Dowser, Mystic, Predictor, Determinist, Diviner, Mantic, Seer, Fatebound, Aura Reader, Prophet, Omen, Ill Omen, Forecaster, Prescient, Portent Seeker, Omen Speaker, Forerunner, Portent, Far Seer, Precursor, Harbinger

32/37. Harbinger require(s/d) 600 Astrology, 1000 PP, 400 scholarship and 10,000(?) predictions.

Known missing: Sage?, Fateshaper, Fateshackled, Alda Pelan (1000 Astrology according to previous hints)

>16 Lore

Pupil, Cold Reader, Meteorologist, Docent, Mathematician, Extrapolator, Philosopher, Geometer, Numinist, Logician, Fatalist, Cosmologist, Enlightened Geometer, Prognosticator

14/16. No point trying to figure these out until more info is posted.

Known missing: Alda Remoren (1000 scholarship according to previous hints)

>13 Survival

Duskwalker, Fade, Shadow of Fate, Observer, Clairaudient, Clairvoyant, Discerner, Moromancer

Only 8/13. Hrm.

Known missing: Shadow Magician (600? hiding/stalking?), Goldcap Aspirant (800 hiding/stalking), Charlatan, Pseudomancer? (Is this the right spot?)

>29 Combat

Dissident, Mystic Blade, Fate Blade, Psychokinetic, Telekinetic Warrior, Lightwielder, Mindflayer, Steelstorm, Shadow Reaver, Light Weaver, Shadow Mage, Sliver Slinger, Hex, Displacer, Fate Reaver, Telekinetic Fury, Battlefield Scribe, Battlefield Scholar, Stalwart Scholar, Mystic Aegis, Geometric Warder, Spellbreaker, Spellbane, Astral Guardian, Nemesis, Prophetic Warrior

26/29. Looks like several of these should also have specific spell reqs. Apparently Blade Dancer became Psychokinetic.

Known missing: Precognitive Soldier, Y'Shai Aspirant (800 weapon/armor, 1000 TM?)

>49 Sect

Celestian, Politician, Advisor, Academic, Grazhirean, Horoscopist, Genethlialogist

Obviously I only get seven. Genethlialogy: The department of Astrology which deals with the birth of individuals, whereby one forms a judgment of the characteristics of a person from a map of the heavens cast for his given birth moment.

>10 Ability

Traveler, Telepath, Hypnotist, Psionic, Witness, Astral Traveler, All-Seeing, Transducer, Untethered

Known missing: Planeswalker? No guess at the reqs, since the only abilities I'm missing are Darkness and Shadow Web. Ultra-high PP maybe? Lots of Disc/concentration?

~ Kougen

Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 07:15 PM CDT
>>chaomancy
>>Divination, or presages, by observing and interpreting confusion or disorder; observed in clouds, airborne apparitions, aerial visions, or comets.

Oh god. I was hoping for this title so badly. Is it really Pethian only? :'(
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 07:28 PM CDT
<<Known missing: Shadow Magician (600? hiding/stalking?)

I have it with 535 hiding and 555 stalking.

Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 07:45 PM CDT
>>Known missing: Shadow Magician (600? hiding/stalking?)
>I have it with 535 hiding and 555 stalking.

I have more than that so it must be something else.

Do you have Darkness and/or Shadow Web permanently memorized?

~ Kougen

Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 07:48 PM CDT
I have Darkness.

Re: Moon Mage titles 07/21/2010 09:13 PM CDT
Austromancy has been properly beaten into title form.

The Sage title has been found hiding under the sofa, sternly lectured, and put back into place.

Also the Astrology category issue should be resolved.

Thanks to Obseden for helping with all of thse.

-Raesh
Prev_page Previous 1 3 4 5 9