Re: Moon Mage titles 07/27/2010 06:34 PM CDT
Yeah, so. Mindflayer. Let's figure that one out.
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/27/2010 06:39 PM CDT
>Try again once or twice if you don't mind. It WILL work.

I tried sending mine again today and got another return to your play.net address.
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/27/2010 06:48 PM CDT
>Alda Remoren is probably 1000 scholarship exactly, as I have it with 1015.

Great news; only 178 to go. I'm planning to get there in 2013 (unless the Mayans were right).

Artificer Nilassa
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/27/2010 07:21 PM CDT
>>>Try again once or twice if you don't mind. It WILL work.

>>I tried sending mine again today and got another return to your play.net address.

It worked on my third try. They were all sent in pretty quick succession.

__
* Sahfra was just struck down!
Tachid smugly says, "I'm telling Lyras. We should replace you.
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/27/2010 07:56 PM CDT
>Add in 1000 TM as a req.

Right. I even included that the second to last time I referenced the title but missed it in the master list. Thanks for the catch.

>Also, Alda Remoren is probably 1000 scholarship exactly, as I have it with 1015. Similarly, Alda Pelan is most likely 1000 astrology, as I have it with 1059.

Mhm. I thought it was 1000 exactly but technically the clue we got was "quadruple digit". Probably the insane magic reqs got lowered to make room for the "real" insane magic titles.

>It worked on my third try. They were all sent in pretty quick succession.

I'm pretty sure I got everything sent to me, including yours. Thanks! Still working on seeing what hard info I can get out of the four samples I have so far.

I still want to seriously encourage people to post their "I did X and got Y title" experiences as we go along, too. It only reveals one req per title but it's priceless.

~ Kougen

Vorasus says, "There will be blood."

Vorasus drinks your milkshake.
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/27/2010 08:00 PM CDT
If there's a corset burning here I demand pureblade be involved because when he uses those verbs it scares me

-Strk
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/27/2010 08:10 PM CDT
The Alda's no longer perfectly mirror one another, though Armifer's statement that Alda Pelan requires "Quad digit astro and no scholar" and Alda Remoren "Quad digit scholar and no astro" remains true.

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/28/2010 12:14 AM CDT
>>If anyone had argued to me that it is more hurtful to have an inequality in number of titles, then I'd happily step down. As it was, I asked about it and no one (except Kougen) mentioned anything about being unhappy. Granted, maybe that discussion took place in the past -- being ignorant of it, I asked.

Discussions such as the one your attempting had always dissolved into conflict, I'm guessing many people myself included decided to stay mostly out of it. I even deleted my post in response to you question because of it.

However, as Armifer had pointed out your argument is appears hypocritical and disingenuous.

Your argument had no philosophical meaning or anecdote to it. It was purely self indulgent. I have a good deal more to say on the subject, but I refuse simply for the same reason I deleted my post in response to you originally.

If anyone was intending to be hostile rather than disagree with you the words would have been much harsher. But you must understand a great deal more people would be "hurt" and offended by your solution than the current situation.
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/28/2010 12:16 AM CDT
I demand access to female-only titles. That's sexist! What if I decide to roleplay the concept of a transgendered individual, a social construct that did not exist in mainstream European or American culture until the twenty-first century, in a medieval society?

Right now the Moon Mage place on the "combat pet totem pole" is the part that's sunk into the earth to lower the pole's center of gravity.
-Armifer de Dragonrealms
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/28/2010 12:22 AM CDT
It appears we need to be a little more blunt.

The topic of titles and gender in this thread is done. Any further posts on it will be removed. Period.

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/28/2010 12:26 AM CDT
Some info that you may have figured out already, but Psionic doesn't require 700 PP anymore. I have it and only have 671 PP.

Also the Wild Card may have a TM req as I have it, but one of the other posters doesn't. The main difference between us is TM(400 vs ~270). Our other magics are close, and so is astro.

__
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/28/2010 06:20 AM CDT
>I still want to seriously encourage people to post their "I did X and got Y title" experiences as we go along, too. It only reveals one req per title but it's priceless.

I noticed our lists almost agree except I have Charlatan and you do not.

Artificer Nilassa
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/29/2010 12:18 PM CDT
I raised a bunch of my stats and I now have "Manipulator".

I wasn't thinking about titles so I didn't check after each point though. My guess is it was taking Charisma from 30 to 40.

__
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/29/2010 03:03 PM CDT
>Some info that you may have figured out already, but Psionic doesn't require 700 PP anymore. I have it and only have 671 PP.

Noted.

>Also the Wild Card may have a TM req as I have it, but one of the other posters doesn't. The main difference between us is TM(400 vs ~270). Our other magics are close, and so is astro.

To be honest it's more likely that it requires 350 Astrology based on the "category" trend and position of the title. Other wise it could still be any number of things.

>I noticed our lists almost agree except I have Charlatan and you do not.

This actually doesn't help much without knowing at least your survival skills. Of note, Kougen's only low survivals are Stealing and Escaping, and right now my data supports Charlatan having a low (probably 50 ranks) Stealing requirement.

>I raised a bunch of my stats and I now have "Manipulator". My guess is it was taking Charisma from 30 to 40.

Noted, thanks.

~ Kougen

"I, too, routinely compare DragonRealms to being maimed by a sandpaper-wielding sadist." -Armifer
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/29/2010 08:43 PM CDT
"Seer" has more of a neutral general quality, Sibyl, suggests historically more of a religious connotation to the term. Therefore, it should almost be a Cleric title to my mind. Perhaps it should at least have some kind of religious qualifications.

One case I think where male terminology being gender neutral is good, and has been used successfully is "GameMaster". Having GameMistresses as well would be confusing and unclear. Likewise, to the mind of some Knight or Sir denotes more respect than "Madame or Ma'am". Lady carries about the same degree of respect as the aforementioned masculine titles, I think, although some would disagree.

Entraller carries a much stronger message than "Enchantress" with regard to responses, or results. To enchant is to delight, to enthrall is to make a slave of person or subject.

I think for some this is more a critique of culture, society, history, or their personal experiences than it is an issue with a title, a text game, or even nuances of languages, which reinforce those deeper issues.
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/29/2010 09:10 PM CDT
>Likewise, to the mind of some Knight or Sir denotes more respect than "Madame or Ma'am". Lady carries about the same degree of respect as the aforementioned masculine titles, I think, although some would disagree.

A female knight is a Dame. Which is a title.

~ Kougen

"I, too, routinely compare DragonRealms to being maimed by a sandpaper-wielding sadist." -Armifer
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/29/2010 09:33 PM CDT
>Also the Wild Card may have a TM req as I have it, but one of the other posters doesn't. The main difference between us is TM(400 vs ~270). Our other magics are close, and so is astro.

To be honest it's more likely that it requires 350 Astrology based on the "category" trend and position of the title. Other wise it could still be any number of things.

I'm assuming It is around 350 Astro, and I will check, I have 345 astro right now and don't have the title. Also I have mid 500's TM and Arcana and all other magics around the 700 range so magic isn't a problem.
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/29/2010 11:20 PM CDT
I'm fairly sure we already ended this thread wrt gender and titles.

But just to be sure:

This topic wrt gender and titles is CLOSED.

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/30/2010 06:38 AM CDT
>This actually doesn't help much without knowing at least your survival skills. Of note, Kougen's only low survivals are Stealing and Escaping, and right now my data supports Charlatan having a low (probably 50 ranks) Stealing requirement.

If it's really that low then I suppose there is no need to share my ranks.

Artificer Nilassa
Re: Moon Mage titles 07/30/2010 08:21 AM CDT
I can confirm at the moment that Pseudomancer and Manipulator have a 40 charisma req.

Re: Moon Mage titles 07/30/2010 10:19 AM CDT
>If it's really that low then I suppose there is no need to share my ranks.

Well you brought my attention to it, and that's when I looked and confirmed that two people with Stealing in the 90's had it but two people with Stealing below 30 didn't, all four of whom were circle 80+. So in this case just mentioning it was enough. ;)

>I can confirm at the moment that Pseudomancer and Manipulator have a 40 charisma req.

Gotcha. Thanks.

~ Kougen

Re: Moon Mage titles 07/31/2010 11:33 AM CDT
As a side note, the title "Fade" requires refractive field.

Re: Moon Mage titles 08/01/2010 01:05 PM CDT
i got enlightened geometer when i hit 500 scholarship. and NOTHING new when i hit 350 astro
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/01/2010 02:34 PM CDT
>NOTHING new when i hit 350 astro

I just double checked - this has to be a case of you not meeting the other reqs.

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/01/2010 03:38 PM CDT
>and NOTHING new when i hit 350 astro

What's your PP?

~ Kougen

Re: Moon Mage titles 08/01/2010 03:44 PM CDT
>>and NOTHING new when i hit 350 astro
>What's your PP?

Nevermind, I just looked it up and you definitely have enough, there must be a third req on the 350 Astro title(s).

~ Kougen

Re: Moon Mage titles 08/01/2010 04:05 PM CDT
Only one "astrology" title has a PP req now.

Most titles with PP reqs were categorized as "magic".

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/01/2010 04:30 PM CDT
>Yeah, so. Mindflayer. Let's figure that one out.

I need someone higher than 106th/200's combats w/o this title and/or someone below 150th/500's combat with this title to post or send info to narrow this down. I don't even have a starting point to figure it out yet, other than probably requiring Mental Blast and some other combat reqs.

~ Kougen

Re: Moon Mage titles 08/01/2010 04:50 PM CDT
<<Yeah, so. Mindflayer. Let's figure that one out.

<<I need someone higher than 106th/200's combats w/o this title and/or someone below 150th/500's combat with this title to post or send info to narrow this down.

Only 104th 300-350s weapons, 400s evasion and don't have that title.

Player of Drevid and Jhaval

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/01/2010 05:07 PM CDT
>>I don't even have a starting point to figure it out yet, other than probably requiring Mental Blast and some other combat reqs.

At 125th and 350s combats I fit right in that range (and have the title), don't have SET, TF, Ripple, DO, or SHMO.

It may just require Thoughtcast.
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/01/2010 06:22 PM CDT
>It may just require Thoughtcast.

I can't rule it out, but I have a couple 100+ people with Thoughtcast who don't have the title.

>Only 104th 300-350s weapons, 400s evasion and don't have that title.
>At 125th and 350s combats I fit right in that range (and have the title),

Hmm. If you both have 350 in highest weapon and armor then I'm looking at stats. Charisma specifically, because I already have someone with 60+ Disc/Int/Wis without the title.

~ Kougen

Re: Moon Mage titles 08/01/2010 06:22 PM CDT
125th with MB 800+ PM/harness 450+ evasion 350+ medium edge 450+ TM

not sure if that helps but i have the title
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/01/2010 06:32 PM CDT
Mindflayer is a relatively low combat title, but it requires a spell many people do not pick up early.

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/01/2010 06:33 PM CDT
<<If you both have 350 in highest weapon and armor then I'm looking at stats.

Well my highest non-magic weapon is 343. I do have Thoughtcast and my charisma is only 45. I'll have to check back in a couple days when my ME hits 350.

Re: Moon Mage titles 08/01/2010 06:39 PM CDT
Unfortunately the entire Combat category is still a bit of a mystery at the moment. All I'm sure of right now is that most, if not all of them, have an additional spell requirement.

However, when I say "combats" - as a starting point I'm looking at highest weapon/armor and TM, and then at other additional stuff like stats.

~ Kougen

Re: Moon Mage titles 08/01/2010 06:49 PM CDT
7 'combat' titles do not have at least one spell preq.

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/01/2010 07:22 PM CDT
>Mindflayer is a relatively low combat title, but it requires a spell many people do not pick up early.

My sample diversity is still inadequate. They have the spell list covered, but they all have less than 200 weapon.

>Well my highest non-magic weapon is 343. I do have Thoughtcast and my charisma is only 45. I'll have to check back in a couple days when my ME hits 350.

Before then, what spells are you missing?

~ Kougen

Re: Moon Mage titles 08/01/2010 07:30 PM CDT
<<Before then, what spells are you missing?
I do not have...

Tenebrous Sense
Shear
Whole Displacement
Contingency
Riftal Summons
Shadewatch Mirror
Starlight Sphere
Darkness
Shadow Web

Re: Moon Mage titles 08/01/2010 07:42 PM CDT
I have the mindflayer title. Highest nonmagic weapon is 201, armor 212 (shield). Of the spells you list I do not have Tenebrous sense, Riftal Summons, Darkness so eliminate those three. My guess of the spells remaining on your list would be Shear since it attacks the mind of anyone casting on you.

Wildluck
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/01/2010 07:55 PM CDT
>>My guess of the spells remaining on your list would be Shear since it attacks the mind of anyone casting on you.

That's the one that jumped out of me based on Jhaval's lack of it.