Prev_page Previous 1 3 4 5 6
Awesome on the 3.0 release 01/13/2013 08:19 PM CST
looking forward to the 3.0 release. although with as much work you guys are doing and have done, it already feels like 3.1425
Re: Awesome on the 3.0 release 01/13/2013 08:20 PM CST
I love pie...

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: Awesome on the 3.0 release 01/13/2013 08:23 PM CST
I'm going to assume that up until the old game is closed and DR 3.0 is up and officially running, it'll be safe to get totally, utterly slaughtered in TEST. Though will there be any more reloading character data in TEST from this point on?
Re: Awesome on the 3.0 release 01/13/2013 08:30 PM CST
>>Though will there be any more reloading character data in TEST from this point on?

Yep, I hope to have a refresh tomorrow to make sure everybody's fresh

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Awesome on the 3.0 release 01/13/2013 08:32 PM CST
Great news about the impending release.

It has been asked for before, but would it be possible to have a more detailed breakdown on what each stat covers in 3.0 so that if we do want to respec we are making an informed decision.

Many thanks

Words Words Words .. in the end thats all it is
Re: Awesome on the 3.0 release 01/13/2013 08:38 PM CST
Yeah I'll make sure something is posted by the time things go live.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Awesome on the 3.0 release 01/13/2013 08:41 PM CST
>Yep, I hope to have a refresh tomorrow to make sure everybody's fresh

Doh! I just scraped a bunch of bone that I was gonna let bleach overnight so I could mess with bone carving tomorrow. sigh

~Minstrel Ascot, Bladesinger of M'riss
Re: Awesome on the 3.0 release 01/13/2013 08:43 PM CST
If you email me I can come down and give you some to make up for it :)

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Awesome on the 3.0 release 01/13/2013 09:08 PM CST
Really excited, and just wanted to thank the GMs for all their hard work and bug checking.
Re: Awesome on the 3.0 release 01/13/2013 09:15 PM CST
Per your request, cross-posted from "Discussions with DragonRealms Staff and Players"

>>Could you post them in the 3.0 forums? We're not aware of any major game-breaking bugs in test.

All the below have already been listed in the 3.0 folders, with no indication that they've been resolved.

People are still reporting failure to grandfather. This SCREAMS game-breaking.
Necro Zombies eating thrown weapons - major item loss potential
Starter skills not applied correctly for some guilds

I also intentionally didn't use the term "game-breaking". I think lower impact bugs then game breaking should to be resolved prior to turning it on in Live. Things like more than one guilds who have some core abilities that don't work (thieves - ambush, khri combos, traders getting POC out of stable) Offhand not being learned for thrown weapons. Stancing to 0 attack and being able to learn weapons from low level mobs. Stancing to 0 defenses making you invulnerable to certain attacks (spells IIRC). (These last too could conceivably fall in the game-breaking section, depending on your POV).

Additionally while not bugs, there have been discussions about things that really need to be in prior to 3.0 going live, that haven't really been answered (as in if they go in afterwards, it's really not useful). Ex: Being able to turn off the bonus pools.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Awesome on the 3.0 release 01/13/2013 09:25 PM CST
I remember when everyone was like oh boohoo this Fang Cove release look at it just for Premium. Just check this release for Prime, for everyone. Looks great.

Few things I've heard that seem a little different from the BIG announcement.

Stat Respec, somewhere in all these posts it was from what I recall, there would be two respecs available, one available if the respec was done immediately, and another about a month after release of the 3.0 into prime. Has this changed, have I miss remembered?

Thanks also for the suggestion that development else-where will start after 3.0 is released I am excited.

I'm also excited that maybe I'll get through a Riot II without dieing after 3.0 is released, its one of my short term objectives.

Also Duneplay mentioned that she'd like to say goodbye to DR2.0 so I may be trying to have a small semi ooc ceremony beforehand on Saturday, if I can wing in.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Awesome on the 3.0 release 01/13/2013 09:38 PM CST
>>thieves - ambush, khri combos

Although I don't think I've posted on ambush yet, I am currently working through Thief related issues. Both of these issues should be resolved prior to release.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Awesome on the 3.0 release 01/13/2013 09:39 PM CST
>>People are still reporting failure to grandfather. This SCREAMS game-breaking.

We are monitoring this and have ways to address it if it occurs.

>>Necro Zombies eating thrown weapons - major item loss potential

News to me, but should be easy to solve.

>>Starter skills not applied correctly for some guilds

Also a simple fix, but which Guilds and what skills?

>>Things like more than one guilds who have some core abilities that don't work (thieves - ambush, khri combos, traders getting POC out of stable)

I am still working on the stealth system and it will get fixed up in time. Khri mechanics were not touched for 3.0 (only some #s dictating what skills and how much to bonus), so I'm not sure what is failing to work there?

>>traders getting POC out of stable)

Specific to Test. Test wasn't designed for POCs.

>>Offhand not being learned for thrown weapons.

I intentionally removed this. We'll see if it makes sense to add back in once I get to expanding offhand into its own system.

>>Stancing to 0 attack and being able to learn weapons from low level mobs.

A known issue and a fix is in the works.

>>Stancing to 0 defenses making you invulnerable to certain attacks (spells IIRC). (These last too could conceivably fall in the game-breaking section, depending on your POV).

Also a known issue with fixes in the works.

Anyhow, it isn't like we plan to release it and vanish. If something looks like its causing big issues we'll devote our resources to it and get it resolved very quickly.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Awesome on the 3.0 release 01/13/2013 09:42 PM CST
>>Also a simple fix, but which Guilds and what skills?

I do know Paladins were learning stealth and thievery in their starter skills. And Traders were getting very large amounts of ranks in theirs (ie like 12-15 ranks in Trading). Whether these have been fixed or not I do not know.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: Awesome on the 3.0 release 01/13/2013 10:07 PM CST
Note my Grandfathering issue was resolved. It was not an issue with Grandfathering, it was an issue with a one-of character copy. I will report back after tomorrow's copy, but for what it's worth it took them all of 20 seconds to fix.
Re: Awesome on the 3.0 release 01/13/2013 10:16 PM CST
>Khri mechanics were not touched for 3.0 (only some #s dictating what skills and how much to bonus)

Interesting. Does that mean khri safe was adjusted to have a larger boost since it now only boost one skill rather than two? I've been meaning to ask about that but keep forgetting.

>so I'm not sure what is failing to work there?

Gonif says she's not having this problem in Plat so it might just be an issue with Test but I'm not sure.

Basically what's happening is certain khri combos aren't activating their combo effects. Specifically if you put up khri cunning you don't get the added boost from the combo. Same with secure.

You can read more about it in the Thief 3.0 folder if you're interested although I know Ricinus has taken an interest as well.

~Minstrel Ascot, Bladesinger of M'riss
Re: Awesome on the 3.0 release 01/13/2013 10:27 PM CST
>>People are still reporting failure to grandfather. This SCREAMS game-breaking.

This just popped up this morning and I haven't updated the thread yet. I talked to the guy reporting it and we discovered that it was the result of a manual copy, not the normal conversion process.

>>Necro Zombies eating thrown weapons - major item loss potential

Yep, this is known. We'll take care of it before release.

>>Starter skills not applied correctly for some guilds

Working on a consistent repro of this, should be fixed soon.

All in all, these aren't major bugs - They're significant in impact, but they don't speak to a fundamental flaw in the code that has far-reaching consequences. They're on my list of bugs to fix before Saturday, though.

>>Additionally while not bugs, there have been discussions about things that really need to be in prior to 3.0 going live, that haven't really been answered (as in if they go in afterwards, it's really not useful). Ex: Being able to turn off the bonus pools.

If we end up having time for those requests, we'll fulfill them. If not, we won't - There wasn't anything promised about how bonus pools are getting taken care of.

>>Respec, somewhere in all these posts it was from what I recall, there would be two respecs available, one available if the respec was done immediately, and another about a month after release of the 3.0 into prime. Has this changed, have I miss remembered?

Nah this is still the case. I didn't want to get too in-detail in that post, it was big enough already. The old plan, where you get two respecs usable within 6 months of release if you get converted within those 6 months and if you get converted after, you get a respec usable within 30 days of your conversion, is still in place.

>>Anyhow, it isn't like we plan to release it and vanish. If something looks like its causing big issues we'll devote our resources to it and get it resolved very quickly.

This is something I hope everybody keeps in mind. We're not going to release it and then all go on a cruise to the Caribbean. That'd be nice, but it would be very uncool.

--

3.0 release 01/13/2013 11:31 PM CST
Will that latest tweaks be rolled into Plat when this thing goes live? I know there were some we've been waiting for unless they got synced in the last few days.

~The Prydaen~
Re: 3.0 release 01/13/2013 11:40 PM CST

including discern verb. we're still not seeing that in plat.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: 3.0 release 01/13/2013 11:42 PM CST
DISCERN is still being tested, once it's ready it'll go to Plat.

In general, all of the changes that have happened in Test will go out to Plat soon (before the Prime release).

--

Re: 3.0 release 01/14/2013 02:08 AM CST
>>In general, all of the changes that have happened in Test will go out to Plat soon (before the Prime release).

Excellent. Thank you.

~The Prydaen~
Re: 3.0 release 01/14/2013 11:39 AM CST

It's been a long time coming. I'm pumped to try it out!
Re: 3.0 release 01/14/2013 01:57 PM CST
Could have sworn I read something about an event that would introduce 3.0 and semi-explain why everyone forgot all their spells, why some spells are gone and some do different things. Is the event not going to happen anymore? Or will it just happen after 3.0 goes live?
Re: 3.0 release 01/14/2013 02:06 PM CST
>>Is the event not going to happen anymore? Or will it just happen after 3.0 goes live?

I think it's already in progress.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: 3.0 release 01/14/2013 03:21 PM CST
Yeah some critters were lose in towns...................................
Re: 3.0 release 01/14/2013 04:30 PM CST
Read the Events folder in the regular DR forums.
Re: 3.0 release 01/14/2013 08:39 PM CST
I tried out the test a few times but when I tried asking Esuin about magic he kept saying you arent eligible to learn any spells at this time. And I couldnt really figure out how to cast the different spells. Will we need special items to use magic when its live or is there a way you can like put out a "Using Magic in 3.0 for Dummies" section to your website or something? Not all of us have the time or attention span to go over hundreds of posts requarding all the 3.0 questions and answers plus for people who are newer or have just returned and have no idea where to even start looking for information. To be honest, all the different information is kinda confusing and it doesnt help that people go spreading rumors about everything.

Just a thought.

>>Male Persona Non grata seeking Dead Female Pokemon
Re: 3.0 release 01/14/2013 08:43 PM CST
All spells are on preview and can be cast without picking.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: 3.0 release 01/14/2013 08:53 PM CST
>>is there a way you can like put out a "Using Magic in 3.0 for Dummies" section to your website or something?

Read through the post, there is a bunch of Q&A about magic stuff. Also, follow the links there, they'll lead you to some good summaries of the information.

--

Re: 3.0 release 01/14/2013 09:05 PM CST
>I tried out the test a few times but when I tried asking Esuin about magic he kept saying you arent eligible to learn any spells at this time.

The loud one mentioned it, but, all spells for all guilds (excepting barbs) are on preview. You have access to every spell that's live. Try typing spell or magic. While the preview system is engaged, you cannot choose any spells. You can, however, use spell slots on magic feats, which I recommend.

>To be honest, all the different information is kinda confusing and it doesnt help that people go spreading rumors about everything.

Who are the phantom 'rumor spreaders' you mention in every topic? The official, Simu-sanctioned, source for 3.0 information is Elanthipedia. If the giant glowing 'DR 3.0' post on several topics, and the front page, didn't clue you in, what with the million specific elanthipedia links, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Go to elanthipedia.org, and then in the search box type in guildnamehere 3.0, and it will take you to the 3.0 section for each guild, with the new spell lists, etc. All the 3.0 information has been collected and colated there.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: 3.0 release 01/14/2013 10:44 PM CST
I was in test today with someone who was absolutely ignorant of nearly everything in 3.0. Every single question posed had a quick and simple answer that could literally be answered with 5s of epedia searching at worst, but mostly was simply present on the LINKED GUILD PAGE in the 3.0 announcement.

DR players; I am disappoint in your ability to adjust to change. Did it honestly not occur to you to type SPELL when trying to figure out what SPELLS you had available?
Re: 3.0 release 01/14/2013 10:54 PM CST
I think we need to come to terms with the fact that the next 2-3 weeks after this weekend there will be no end to complaints and ignorant questions (ignorant in the sense that the info has been available for a while now) from the folks who have been oblivious to everything going on. DR still has 400-700+ players that Ive seen on busy nights... Ive seen maybe 100 or so different posters on the forums with any regularity. That tells me that this is gonna sweep a lot of people by surprise.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: 3.0 release 01/14/2013 10:59 PM CST
>I think we need to come to terms with the fact that the next 2-3 weeks after this weekend there will be no end to complaints and ignorant questions (ignorant in the sense that the info has been available for a while now) from the folks who have been oblivious to everything going on. DR still has 400-700+ players that Ive seen on busy nights... Ive seen maybe 100 or so different posters on the forums with any regularity. That tells me that this is gonna sweep a lot of people by surprise.

Send them to Epedia. I'm gonna be annoyed if all our efforts are wasted because people are too lazy to click a link. :/

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: 3.0 release 01/14/2013 11:02 PM CST
I think you're right. Maybe, as a suggestion to the GMs, logging in can include the announcement of 'We highly recommend you check out elanthipedia.org'
Re: 3.0 release 01/14/2013 11:03 PM CST
>>That tells me that this is gonna sweep a lot of people by surprise.

Yeah, there's gonna be some news items and stuff but you're right, there's going to be a LOT of people needing guidance. I'm meeting with the mentors on Wednesday to give as much support as I can, but the truth of it is that we'll be whispering epedia links to people for the next several weeks regardless of how much information we splatter them with.

--

Re: 3.0 release 01/14/2013 11:05 PM CST
>>Send them to Epedia. I'm gonna be annoyed if all our efforts are wasted because people are too lazy to click a link. :/

Oh believe me so will I especially after going through all that time to fill nearly (lazy Bards not giving me their lists yet!) every spell in the game out. And I do attempt to push folks to it... but you can only lead a horse to water.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: 3.0 release 01/14/2013 11:09 PM CST
>> there's gonna be some news items

I suppose this is a perfect time to mention that it may be time for you guys to look into a new way of doing this. Ill be totally honest that I see that big yellow NEW NEWS ITEMS flash on my screen every time I log on and I never check it. I checked it finally to make it go away last week and there were news items I hadnt looked at since 2010 in there. Im a forum junkie so I get all my info here but it still goes to show that maybe the NEWS could use a revamp somehow.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: 3.0 release 01/14/2013 11:12 PM CST
And the forum...
Re: 3.0 release 01/14/2013 11:54 PM CST

Woah guys, with the attitude.

No matter how much reading anyone does, this is going to be a MAJOR SHOCK to people. The game that existed for the last decade and a half no longer exists when it comes to combat and magic. If you don't like it, then don't be a mentor, don't help people, and don't answer questions.

Jeeze.
Re: 3.0 release 01/15/2013 12:05 AM CST
>>Woah guys, with the attitude.

Ill be honest on two parts here.

1) This has been known for YEARS that its coming. Its been known for MONTHS that its coming in real world, not simu version soon. And for people to still be jumping on the forums to throw tantrums about it changing because they just now found out. Or for folks to be totally oblivious to the massive knowledge base that is Elanthipedia, which many of us have been furiously upgrading with every ounce of info we can find to answer any possible questions. Or the forums in which we have been seeing a totally crazy amount of candid info from GMs as opposed to the old norm of PAFO. Well Ill be upfront.. Im terribly disappointed in the lack of attention folks have shown.

2) ALL THAT ASIDE I still fully intend to help folks where I can and point them in the right directions for info. But at this point if anyone asks me why they suddenly have every spell on preview, cant snap cast a spell, or why they cant one shot kill everything... well they should expect an amount of snark as I answer their questions.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Prev_page Previous 1 3 4 5 6