1 2 3 4 6 Next Next_page
Re: 3.0 release 01/18/2013 05:25 PM CST
> Remember that to-hit calcs are also not as tied to damage calcs as they used to be, so accuracy itself is a great deal less important when determining damage.

Yeah i'm over it, just sucks going from a mechanical advantage, to disadvantage. Discipline already had so many good uses, whats another to make me woe my elvish undisciplined nature.

BTW I noticed on the <train disc> still showed discipline as increasing exp pool size, is that the case in 3.0, or was that part just not taken out? I know discipline was removed from exp calculations in 2.0 which is why I was asking.
Re: 3.0 release 01/18/2013 05:31 PM CST
>>I know discipline was removed from exp calculations in 2.0 which is why I was asking.

So I looked into this, and it was never taken out - It's not as significant as intelligence, but it definitely increases your pool size.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: 3.0 release 01/18/2013 05:38 PM CST
> So I looked into this, and it was never taken out - It's not as significant as intelligence, but it definitely increases your pool size.

Good to know, thanks for looking into that.

S'pose somebody should change the information on elanthipedia.
Re: 3.0 release 01/18/2013 06:22 PM CST
>S'pose somebody should change the information on elanthipedia.

Done.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: 3.0 release 01/18/2013 07:46 PM CST
>> So I looked into this, and it was never taken out - It's not as significant as intelligence, but it definitely increases your pool size.

I could swore people tested DISC exp effect. Assuming that increasing the pool size increases the amount drained, shouldn't we be able to tell the effect discipline has?
Re: 3.0 release 01/18/2013 08:34 PM CST
>>I'm very very displeased if this is the case,

The bonus from the second stat is quite minor. I'd not let it worry you too much.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: 3.0 release 01/18/2013 09:17 PM CST
Dragonrealms is a strange and mysterious beast.
Re: 3.0 release 01/18/2013 09:32 PM CST
I was just wondering, are we getting anything to commemorate this, like the web key so many years ago? Also, besides seeing scared animals has anyone heard any explanation for DR3 in game?

Ithyn
Re: 3.0 release 01/18/2013 09:33 PM CST
>> I was just wondering, are we getting anything to commemorate this, like the web key so many years ago? Also, besides seeing scared animals has anyone heard any explanation for DR3 in game?

Let's see... Some huge explosion just rocked the world and magic turned off. I have no idea whats going on as I'm on the Islands. A bunch of people just died too.
Re: 3.0 release 01/18/2013 09:36 PM CST
> I was just wondering, are we getting anything to commemorate this, like the web key so many years ago? Also, besides seeing scared animals has anyone heard any explanation for DR3 in game?

Those items are the exception rather than the rule. There was no 2.0 conversion 'item'. I don't think there has been anything like that since, well, web keys or badges. If I remember right, didn't 2.0 come with a massive war/event/thing? You could have commemorated it via that I guess.

There's an event going down right now that you could have something altered to match?

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: 3.0 release 01/18/2013 09:38 PM CST
<<Let's see... Some huge explosion just rocked the world and magic turned off. I have no idea whats going on as I'm on the Islands. A bunch of people just died too.>>

Oh thanks for posting that, of course I would be grocery shopping while it happened. : (

Now has anyone heard whether we might get a commemorative item? A sign reading "You are now entering the DR3 Twilight Zone" might be nice.

IIthyn
Re: 3.0 release 01/18/2013 09:40 PM CST
Cause of magical explosion?

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: 3.0 release 01/18/2013 09:41 PM CST
>>Cause of magical explosion?

Gnome.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: 3.0 release 01/18/2013 09:41 PM CST
That's always the answer. Apocalypse by gnome.
Re: 3.0 release 01/18/2013 09:54 PM CST
In case anyone missed it...

A white-hot light engulfs you, filling you with confusion. A few moments pass in which you can see nothing.

Reality itself seems to ring like a soundless bell, the fabric of the world vibrating around you. You are struck with the disquieting sensation that everything has been changed indelibly.

Suddenly, you are weightless, carried aloft by a massive wave of heat and force.

Consciousness flees.

P>
hide
You can't do much of anything at the moment.
P> stand
You're unconscious!
P>
You're unconscious!
P> say ,,
You attempt to say something, but it just comes out a mumble.
P> say ouch
You attempt to say something, but it just comes out a mumble.
P> say what is going on
You say, "What is going on."
P> l

> power
Strangely, you can sense absolutely nothing. It's as if magic didn't exist.

> prep bless
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
You begin chanting a prayer to invoke the Bless spell.
> cast
You gesture.
The spell fades as quickly as it forms, fizzling out into nothingness.
Re: 3.0 release 01/18/2013 10:54 PM CST
>>That's always the answer. Apocalypse by gnome.

My gnome necromancer will publicly blame the moon mages for this travesty while remaining secretly envious that he wasn't the cause of the magic-ocalypse.
Re: 3.0 release 01/19/2013 01:45 AM CST

So.....I was a little surprised to find that the magic disappeared before 3.0 rolled in at 8 a.m. tomorrow morning. I was hoping to achieve a few little things but losing magic means that anything that I do would risk an unrejuvenated death...and the loss of ranks before 3.0 rolls in.

Not the end of the world.....but a little unexpected and disappointing.
Re: 3.0 release 01/19/2013 02:15 AM CST
Hehe, and I am sure if we didn't hold a game-wide event to usher in the new age there would be people disappointed about that too :( Alas, can't win.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: 3.0 release 01/19/2013 02:29 AM CST

Oh certainly thats true...now if I can just find someone to teach me that .05 in magic tonight....
Re: 3.0 release 01/19/2013 07:44 AM CST
i was happy that i managed to circle one last time before 3.0 hit. nothing remarkable though, only 119th. But since i'll be down in tdps, I'm happy that i got to add to my stats now.

Schvartz's puppeteer.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: 3.0 release 01/19/2013 10:38 AM CST
Damn, all the good stuff always happens when I am sleeping or not able to access a computer. I really need to get my laptop fixed. Seriously trying to type on a Playstation vita is harder than it sounds.

>>Male Persona Non grata seeking Dead Female Pokemon
Re: 3.0 release 01/19/2013 02:14 PM CST
<<Damn, all the good stuff always happens when I am sleeping or not able to access a computer. I really need to get my laptop fixed. Seriously trying to type on a Playstation vita is harder than it sounds.>>

Yeah that's always my story too. I wish I had been there to see all the distruction. Out of curiosity, just what is involved in using your playstation vita I don't have one, obviously.

And just watch--The game will be up, with special commemorative stuff given out to those folks who logged in the first hour and I will be stuck grocery shopping and chauffering! Major : (

Zinaca and her fully-grown raccoon, Shadow
1 2 3 4 6 Next Next_page