1 2 3 4 6 Next Next_page
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/31/2017 04:10 PM CDT

I added 25 services of damage padding to my HCP drama armor and the HCP seems to have dissapeared from assess and loresong. used bugitem in game, just want to make people aware of the bug.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/31/2017 04:51 PM CDT
<I added 25 services of damage padding to my HCP drama armor and the HCP seems to have dissapeared from assess and loresong. used bugitem in game, just want to make people aware of the bug.>

"So we just went ahead and fixed the glitch."

-Office Space

If it makes you feel any better, I saw your item convert and I freaked a bit because I thought I had a bug...

Zissu - Combat and Magic Systems Dev Lackey
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/31/2017 05:22 PM CDT

>Any kind of estimating would be rife with errors, and require too many assumptions on value and conversion. We'd be left with a very hedged set of numbers in order to avoid taking market forces into consideration. I'd much prefer to just let things flow for a while and see what people are willing to pay for. I'm hopeful that the promise of more regular availability comes through at a price that's reasonably affordable, but who knows? I'd rather take my chances with the market than some pricing structure that is rigid. ~Kerl

Here's what made me consider this issue:

In Coase's post he says:

>we have designed the system such that if you want to to gradually improve your 5x weapon from 0 to heavy weighting over a few years, you can do it for less than 12k bloodscrip (and will be able to break up part of that cost into silvers too) or for around 9m if you go the all-silvers route (silvers is the primary currency that we designed this for, BTW, not scrip or any other alternate currency).

As this is the release of the system, are those quoted costs remaining? These estimates are intended for the price to be paid out over several years. Some of the responses from other GMs indicated that the service (besides the obvious currency) will not be the same at each appearance in a number of factors, so I'm wondering if that includes price.

>What we really need is to be able to see the info on exact level of WPS upon assessment, that way people can make educated decisions when someone offers to sell them something that could potentially have a broad range of level of padding within a given current assessment description. How are you to know what you're getting if someone is offering to sell you a superbly padded set of armor? Currently, you don't, at a scale that far exceeds what it was a week ago. ~Kerl

Certainly don't disagree and have requested it myself in about a dozen places. What is dismaying is not a single response of "we're looking at it" after so many requests from so many different people, especially with the ASSESS issues.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/31/2017 07:43 PM CDT
The trouble with estimates is that we, the players take them as gospel. I'd rather GMs feel there's more flexibility in how they deliver this service and what it costs. I do think that behind the scenes they should have a guideline, but that's not the same as a public estimating service.

As for updating assessment and lore singing, Zissu did say "It's something I'd like to do." I'm going to say that's encouraging, and with the overwhelming support of the peanut gallery, maybe it will happen sooner than later.

Kerl
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/31/2017 07:51 PM CDT

>Zissu did say "It's something I'd like to do."

except we have the situation where the assessments are completely wrong. it needs to be upped in priority
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/31/2017 10:43 PM CDT

From the hits i'm taking in arena, it looks like the HCP is ACTUALLY gone from my armor, not just in the loresong and assess. can i get some GM love please? crit padding is a big part of my build and i'm afraid my arena performance is suffering.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/31/2017 11:18 PM CDT

>From the hits i'm taking in arena, it looks like the HCP is ACTUALLY gone from my armor, not just in the loresong and assess. can i get some GM love please? crit padding is a big part of my build and i'm afraid my arena performance is suffering.

The drama doesn't end with drama armor!

did you try bugitem? assisting?
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/01/2017 12:00 AM CDT
I spent more mental energy than I should have trying to figure out if drama armor was a script I wasn't aware of or not. Please assist if you haven't already so we can look at it. If the assisting GM can't help, a bugitem will make sure I know what to look for.

>>assess and more information
I'll be doing this shortly. This and item identification mechanisms like the AI crystal are my short list after the final bugs I have to wrap up.

>>assess values
Assess moved over to using scale values and because of that, the gaps in between in between two assess ranks go to the higher reading even though the combat effectiveness has not moved up yet. I'll address this with my assess changes.

Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/01/2017 12:19 AM CDT

>I spent more mental energy than I should have trying to figure out if drama armor was a script I wasn't aware of or not.

searching for drama armor on the wiki will bring you to the appropriate place now.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/01/2017 12:24 AM CDT
Now I'm wondering if somebody will MAKE a drama armor script... When you die, your character launches into a 5 minute long death speech, which cannot be interrupted or stopped through any mechanism...
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/01/2017 05:16 AM CDT
Now I'm wondering if somebody will MAKE a drama armor script... When you die, your character launches into a 5 minute long death speech, which cannot be interrupted or stopped through any mechanism...

Sounds like something some of those pompous elves might do... hrm....

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/01/2017 05:46 AM CDT

For what it's worth, I, and many others, think you have done a fantastic job. Thank you for making GS4 what it is today. I am a 78 year old player and that in itself says something of the game...anytime you can keep the attention of old folks like me! Thanks again for all you do!
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/03/2017 02:59 PM CDT

"While you might think I'm just pressing buttons and creating cash grabs, I'm actually dedicating all my time and energy to this game..."

Hey Wyrom, I can write you a simple loop script for that. Don't fall asleep though or you get a crushing exp penalty, you can't play any games at EG or do the special quests, AND you can't even open the boxes at Reim as a side effect...although - "working as intended!"

I mean, that's what I hear anyway...
because, <---angel

Seriously though, I'm sure some of this has been suggested and is already being looked at, but very specifically:

- Warriors should be able to see exact points of padding (this is the one I am sure everyone is onto)

- Bards should now be able to see general padding messages such as "lightly, decent, heavy", etc...on padding because as long as point one happens it does not take food off warrior's tables

The following is because it still seems we cannot enchant items with TD properties:

- IF TD is in the flare slot, maybe, like some flares, make a pre-temper for TD...a t'deneh potion perhaps (Pulled out all the creative stops on that one!)

- on the above point my idea is to use the padding scale to directly translate difficulty for TD...like lets say 1 TD=lightly and 10 TD=expertly (for purposes of increasing difficulty as it relates to enchanting)...so +8 td enchanting is as hard as enchanting masterful padding. I know TD is essentially a magic resistance, it is not, however, a magic impossibility on a level like krodera or something, so why not? Likewise, this would stack WITH padding. You're not going to get an enchant off on masterful armor with +10 TD. I feel like this opens possibilities while maintaining reasonable balance.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/04/2017 07:04 AM CDT
This won't be popular (when have my ideas ever been?) but I would advocate we just allow everyone to see every detail about a particular item, vs. having to cart it around to 2-3 people in order to get all the properties assessed. In a game where very little (nearly zero) items are actually bound to the character or account, the game should be much more friendly to item exchange which would include an "item card" that is visible to anyone that wants to see it. I can think of no other product, except for D&D and its derivatives, where item details cannot be identified and viewed by the player. (Diablo has identification, but once you identify the item, you know exactly what it is.)

And yes, I'll see a lot of "OMG! You are making my <xyz class> obsolete!", but if that's the only reason you have xyz class, you're missing a lot of the game experience.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/04/2017 08:15 AM CDT

Not unpopular at all
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/04/2017 09:05 AM CDT
Frankly I think 405 should tell you everything about an item with enough spell ranks or lore. I'm with Erek though, enough tedium.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/04/2017 09:10 AM CDT
>> Diablo has identification, but once you identify the item, you know exactly what it is.

Personally this is where I would strike the balance. A new item requires that it be sung to or 405 cast on it or a warrior assess it to bring out properties. Once that is done then the information remains 'known'. Helps keep a sense of wonder / excitement around newly found items but then offers convenience / less tedium around already discovered items.

My two silvers worth on the subject.

-- Robert

You gesture at a colossal glaes-covered meteor.
The scream of tortured metal echoes around you as the lightning bolt strikes a colossal glaes-covered meteor.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/04/2017 10:37 AM CDT
It boils down to a core shift in profession "turf", especially for Bards. I'm personally fine with it, but it should also come with a commensurate perk being given to professions where one of their defining traits loses value.

!>tell child to be quiet
The child cries, "I don't wanna!"
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/04/2017 01:55 PM CDT
Loresinging was the reason I originally became a bard, and one of my favorite things about the game.

Just dumping it would be horrible.

Fyonn's player
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/04/2017 02:10 PM CDT
> Loresinging was the reason I originally became a bard, and one of my favorite things about the game. ~Fyonn

+1million

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
;tune towncrier
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/04/2017 02:19 PM CDT

Gads it's an awful system
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/04/2017 05:37 PM CDT
The other side of the coin is when there's one of these stories built into the Loresong...
...and you get no actual information about the item. (I just recently sang to an Auction item, and sure, the story was great and all. How about telling me something about the #*&@#$&@^ing item, while you're at it?!?!)

I'm all for history and story-telling and so on. Great! Write that stuff up! Stick it in LoreSongs.
And meanwhile, the simple fact of activating <this tier of information> clears the access to InfoCard Tier1 on the item. Presto! No more mystery when the item is on somebody's PlayerShop cabinet.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/04/2017 08:40 PM CDT
I like the idea of having it checkable once known as suggested, like how player shops work. If it's sung to or assessed or whatnot, it'll show up. Maybe it could be included in either appraise or analyze, especially since the latter works on items in rooms now and all.

_ _ _
Wyrom gestures at you, causing you to explode.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/05/2017 09:27 AM CDT
I looked through this whole thread, but I can't see what I'm missing.

Armor Stats: +15, Decent Crit Padding (permanent), Moderate resistance to crushing attacks (permanent), moderate resistance to Vacuum attacks (temporary)

Checking it...

>prep 925, cast ::armor::
>You gesture at ::armor::
>A muted glow instantly surrounds the ::armor::, flickering slightly, and fades a moment later.
>Assuming ::armor:: can be tempered somehow...You are more likely than not to succeed on your cast, but you will need some luck.

Trying to pour a normal duqnuru potion:
>The liquid bubbles slightly as it touches the surface of the leather corselet, but then merely evaporates without effect.

In principle, padding and resistance do not require any special tempers. What's going on here?! Is the temporary vacuum resistance preventing me from enchanting this? Wow that would change a slightly useful feature into a major downside.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/05/2017 11:22 AM CDT

> Is the temporary vacuum resistance preventing me from enchanting this? Wow that would change a slightly useful feature into a major downside.

Yes. They're a pain.

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/05/2017 12:46 PM CDT
>> Is the temporary vacuum resistance preventing me from enchanting this? Wow that would change a slightly useful feature into a major downside.

>Yes. They're a pain.

Is casting Tonis Bolt repeatedly while an empath heals to remove temporary resistance a violation of policy? I'm sure it probably is but one could make a reasonable argument.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/05/2017 12:49 PM CDT
"Is casting Tonis Bolt repeatedly while an empath heals to remove temporary resistance a violation of policy? I'm sure it probably is but one could make a reasonable argument.-Daid"

Just get a GOS master and eat herbs every 3 seconds. Shouldn't be that much longer.

GBB
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/05/2017 04:00 PM CDT
>eat herbs every 3 seconds

LOL. Now we know where that 65m a month to NPC shops that Wyrom mentioned comes from!
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/08/2017 12:11 PM CDT
Out of curiosity, with the revamp to WPS, is there a reason that katanas are still being singled out as a restricted item for things like enchanting services? General katanas should just be at 150 services worth of weighting under the new scale, right?

You slam your mithril spikestar into the slowly descending meteor!
A large piece of the meteor shatters, exposing an opening!
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/08/2017 01:56 PM CDT
For sure, lets see some love for katanas.

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 09/08/2017 03:08 PM CDT
Yeah allowing weighting up to heavy/150 service points but disallowing katanas is ridiculous.

Keith/Brinret/Eronderl

Keith is correct
-Wyrom, APM

Keith is correct.
-GameMaster Estild

Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 11/04/2017 07:09 AM CDT
Trying to understand the following...

I have a handaxe that was assessed by a capped warrior as DCW.
It was enchanted once, and then reassessed by a lower level warrior without edged weapon training.

Checking out the handaxe, it looks like it is weighted to inflict more critical blows than a normal weapon of its type.

[A glistening glaes handaxe has a combat effectiveness rating of 6 points of Critical weighting. It has 0 of 20 services towards the next full rank of combat effectiveness.]

Roundtime: 21 sec.

Will the OOC messaging be "wrong" without appropriate weapons training for that weapon type? I'm trying to understand why the capped warrior would see DCW but the lower level would see SWCW.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 11/04/2017 09:28 AM CDT

>>I'm trying to understand why the capped warrior would see DCW but the lower level would see SWCW.

There may be a random component to what the warrior see's. Clunk has had the messaging about what he sees vary from one message to the next, so usually checks two or three times, and holds entire conversations with folks about what he 'thinks' about his assessment.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 11/04/2017 09:43 AM CDT
I'm surprised a warrior got a read at all without any training in the weapon type. My recommendation is to find a properly trained warrior.

There were also known flaws in the cut off points on the wiki that should be gradually worked out in the coming months. The new system for WPS is going go take some getting used to.

As for wrong messages, I don't recall ever getting it flat out wrong, but there's always a chance you will get no read or a partial read. Like Clunk, I usually check 3x.

Kerl
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 11/04/2017 11:48 AM CDT
Assess will not report incorrect information, either in the IC or OOC line. Lack of skill may show no information at all, or limited information (like your line) where the IC amount is not shown.

Was the first assessment before the new WPS system, or after?

Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 11/04/2017 12:02 PM CDT
The first assessment was done on 8-29-17 by Ardwen.

Ardwen whispers, "Decently."

Did assessment previously give incorrect information? I'm trying to figure out how this handaxe went from DCW to SWCW.

I thought it might be a bug that I can see the OOC information without weapon skill during an assessment. It's a nice feature if it's not a bug, although sometimes it can take 10-20 assessments to get the reading.

I started to question all of the information that I have logged about my weapons after the handaxe appeared to somehow change in weighting.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 11/04/2017 01:34 PM CDT
Found it. Items between 60 and 70 services were reporting 'decently' rather than 'somewhat'. This is fixed now.

Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 11/05/2017 02:22 PM CST
>>Found it. Items between 60 and 70 services were reporting 'decently' rather than 'somewhat'. This is fixed now.

so? is there no random or completeness component in the assess?

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 11/05/2017 02:42 PM CST
>> so? is there no random or completeness component in the assess?

If you get a read, it is accurate. The only random component is that you may have to make multiple attempts before getting a reading.

-- Robert

Damp deeply exclaims, "It's a wizard's locked project!"
1 2 3 4 6 Next Next_page