Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 12:21 AM CDT

They don't half or reduce That piece. Only when you layer. If you have padded resistance spiked armor with no accessories, everything is full
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 12:24 AM CDT
Yep, what he said, even a blessed helm is bad from what I recall. Any armor accessory enhancements, other than like to like type padding in which case the greater is taken.

Luckily we don't have padded base armor!

If it makes you feel any better, I saw your item convert and I freaked a bit because I thought I had a bug...

Zissu - Combat and Magic Systems Dev Lackey
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 01:13 AM CDT
Spikes reduce your crit padding by half?

http://i.imgur.com/lsWPzG9.gif
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 06:52 AM CDT

Potentially ignorant and slightly off topic follow-up - enhancive armor accessories effect padding values too if spiked/flaring accessories do?
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 06:59 AM CDT
>Potentially ignorant and slightly off topic follow-up - enhancive armor accessories effect padding values too if spiked/flaring accessories do?

Enhancive properties on armor accessories should not halve the underlying armor's properties. Pretty certain of that, as I chased down that answer before. It's resistances, flares, spikes, and padding that get other properties nerfed.

!>tell child to be quiet
The child cries, "I don't wanna!"
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 07:17 AM CDT

This is probably in the wrong place. I also bug item'd it.

Morphing armor is assessing at the smithy as a 'combat script', costing the same as Voln, for example.

It is NOT a combat script.

It is armor that is otherwise PLAIN, save for an aesthetic (fluff) script. It turns into clothing. Said clothing even has the same weight. Therefore, the benefit is ONLY aesthetic.

Please fix this? :(
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 08:02 AM CDT
Somebody should check if the identifying sheaths work with the new system. I would check it myself, but I don't have a weighted weapon.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 08:18 AM CDT
>> Somebody should check if the identifying sheaths work with the new system. I would check it myself, but I don't have a weighted weapon.

It's been reported that identifying items got borked over, but they are intended to be fixed. If anybody finds one that isn't working, bug it.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 09:46 AM CDT
"Think of each padding calculation separately. When calculating crit padding at a hit location with both torso and an accessory covering, the item with the higher level of crit padding is chosen. Then the unchosen item is checked for other attributes and if one is found, the crit padding is halved. Damage padding is treated as an item attribute when calculating crit padding, just like spikes, resistance, and flares. This calculation is largely unchanged with this update except for the addition of a new attribute to check against." -- Zissu, #241

"Armor items that have BOTH crit and damage padding on them do not see the padding values halved.
If you are stacking a damage padding accessory over crit padded torso armor at the hit location, these values will be halved." -- Zissu, #155

These seem to be contradictory.

1) Here we have JoeFighter, wearing his 10-point 'Heavily' crit-padded armor (from PremiumPoints). He finds and decides to wear this 30-point 'Expertly' crit-padded helm. He gets hit in the head.
The location says the highest bonus available is 'Expert', and because these are both 'crit padding' there is no halving.
Accurate?

2) JoeFighter wearing some alternate, 10-point 'Heavily' damage-padded armor (from PremiumPoints). Same 30-point 'Expertly' crit-padded helm. He gets hit in the head.
Location says highest bonus is 30-point 'Expert', but because crit-padded helm <> damage-padded armor, bonus is halved to 15 'Exceptionally' for this hit.
Accurate?

3) JoeFighter wearing that same 10-point 'Heavily' damage-padded armor, and 30-point 'Expert' crit-padded helm, wanders into the smithy at Duskruin and plonks down enough bloodscrip to get 10 B(ought services), 10 'New' points on the Zissu chart, adding +1 T(ier) of crit-padding to his damage-padded armor because this is now allowed.
And he gets hit in the head again.
Location says highest bonus is 30-point 'Expert' crit vs. 1-point 'Lightly' crit, 30 points wins.
Helm says 'crit' == armor says 'damage and also crit', so there is NO HALVING.
30 points of benefit is applied.
Accurate?

How to say "Oh my god! There's an axe in my head" in various languages...

English Oh my god! There's an axe in my head.
Bosnian Boze moj! sjekira mi je u glavi.
French Mon dieu! Il y a une hache dans ma tete.
Visigothic Meina guth, Ikgastaldan aqizi-wunds meina haubida
Swedish Ah, Herregud! Jag har en yxa i huvudet!
Dutch O, mijn God! Er zit een bijl in mijn hoofd.
Latin Deus Meus! Securis in capite meo est.
German Oh mein Gott! Ich habe eine Axt im Kopf!
Japanese ahh, kamisama! watashi no atama ni ono ga arimasu.
Norwegian Herre Gud! Jeg har en aks i hodet!
Spanish Dios mio! Hay una hacha en mi cabeza!
Hungarian Jaj Istenem, de fejsze van a fejemben!!
Middle Egyptian in Amun! iw minb m tp-i!
Greek hristo mou! eho ena maheri sto kefali mou!
Tagalog Ay Dios ko! May palakol sa ulo ko!
Danish Oh min gud! Der er en oekse i mit hoved.
Afrikaans O God! Daar's 'n byl in my kop!
Polish O Moj Boze! Mam siekiere w glowie!
Maori Ave Te Ariki! He toki ki roto taku mahuna!
Italian Dio mio! C'e' un' ascia nella mia testa!
Portuguese Meu Deus! Tenho um machado na cabeca!
Klingon ghay'cha'! nachwIjDaq betleH tu'lu'!
Bengali Oh Allah! Amar mathar upor bash poreche.
Finnish Voi Luoja! Paassani on kirves!
Icelandic Gud minn godur! Thad er o:xi i ho:fdinu a mer.
Ancient Greek O Theos mou! Echo ten labrida en te mou kephale!
Babylonian iliya pashu ina reshiya bashu
Assyrian iliya pashum ina reshimi bashu
Welsh A nuw! Mae bywell yn fy mhen i!
Alsatian Lever Gott! Es esch a Axe en miner Kopf!
Swahili Siyo! (Huko) Shoka yangu kichwanil!
Slovenian Moj Bog! Sekiro imam v glavi.
Irish Mo Dhia! Ta' tua sa mo cheann.
Esperanto Mia Dio! Hakilo estas en mia kapo!
Marathi Aray Devaa! Majhyaa dokyaat kurhaad aahay.
Hindi Hay Bhagwaan! Mere sar mein kulhaadi hain.
Russian Bozhe moi! Eto topor v moyei golove!
Hebrew Eloi! Yesh'li ca-sheel ba-rosh sheh-li!
Malayalam Entey Deiwame, entey thalayil oru kodali undei.
Latvian Ak Dievs! Man ir cirvis galva!

Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 09:50 AM CDT
I believe all 3 of those examples are wrong.

He gets hit in the head. It finds the better of the two (Expertly). It then says "is there another special" and the answer is yes, so it halves.

There is NO CHANGE to the halfing for any existing use case.

All that is being said is that if you have crit and damage on ONE PIECE, that piece won't half itself. That's the only thing you should take away from any of this. Layered armor still gets cut in half just as frequently as before.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 09:51 AM CDT
OOH! While we're asking about items that play with the new system...

I've lost track of who the current owner may be--and I'm pretty sure it's "Not Me", though not 100% positive--but there was a (maybe several?) suit(s) of armor (chain & plate, I think, maybe?) from one of the Auctions (maybe 1998? 2000?) that you could activate (rub?) and it would change between crit- and damage-padded. I think it pulsed green for one and blue for the other, or something?

Could this be retcon'd to be "always both"?
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 09:55 AM CDT
ON ONE PIECE.

Okay, I can grok that.

And I realized I did my Maths wrong in the third example, too. Since the item already had 10 points on it, the cost to step up to 1 on the other side is delta from 10 -> 11, so 180 - 150 == +30 B(ought services) required, not merely +25.

Still may be worth paying (in this example) +100 B(ought services) to go to T(ier) 31 on the helm, with 30 crit/1 damage, just to avoid the halving....
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 09:59 AM CDT
>>Still may be worth paying (in this example) +100 B(ought services) to go to T(ier) 31 on the helm, with 30 crit/1 damage, just to avoid the halving....

yeah. in general, once you start down the piecemeal armor path, you should probably treat your base armor as just a vehicle for enchant bonus, and keep all your padding in your accessories.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 10:39 AM CDT
This halving business is too hard to follow. I call shenanigans on the Chart of Clarity! It's not clear at all!

Padding up a bunch of partial armors makes no sense. Trust me, I've spent PPs padding partial armors. It made a tiny amount of sense before, (and post cap, what else can you go after but the tiny improvements), but doing it now is crazy, since you can just do your main armor and not deal with halving. At least I don't THINK you would have to deal with halving, but since what triggers halving and where that trigger is, is too complicated to understand, (missing from the so-called chart of clarity!) I am having a hard time figuring out best course of action. For now, the best course might be to do nothing, and strip the padding off my helm, which from what I'm gathering is just reducing the effectiveness of my resistances on head shots.

Kerl
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 10:59 AM CDT
<- If your item started at 45/'Incredibly', and you apply all 25 B(ought services), you are now at 3525 'New' on Zissu's chart. Unfortunately, you need to be at 4000 to go to the next T(ier) 46/'Incredibly', so you only need 475 B(ought services) more to get there....>

In this case, I believe each point is every 300 services to get to 50. So 2.5 years if doing 20 services every 60 days to go from 45 to 46, the first point of wondrous for example. Another decade after that for the max 50. I'm not going to add up the costs again because today is a new day, but they should be divided by 10 or 20 due to the very sizable limiting factor of the sheer amount of service or points (time) within the scale :/

He wasn't kidding earlier either about the additional surcharge of picking up damage weighting on a crit weighted item! I was at 292,135 bloodscrip per 25 services (X60).

If it makes you feel any better, I saw your item convert and I freaked a bit because I thought I had a bug...

Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 11:17 AM CDT
"I was at 292,135 bloodscrip per 25 services (X60)." -- Roblar

Sssooooo... Saturday? :)

<flee!>
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 11:52 AM CDT
"I'm pretty sure it's "Not Me", though not 100% positive--but there was a (maybe several?) suit(s) of armor (chain & plate, I think, maybe?) from one of the Auctions (maybe 1998? 2000?) that you could activate (rub?) and it would change between crit- and damage-padded." -- Me, #260

And the answer is, it was a Foehn's Promise item:

Category The Marketplace (10)
Topic Armor (2)
Message a veil iron chain hauberk - reversible crit/damage padding (842)
By RICHARDR
On May 9, 2000 at 17:25

a veil iron chain hauberk - +25 somewhat crit/damage padded 35 pounds and 99/445 first 22.5m (down from 30m) takes this unique armor.

Links of dwarven-forged metal fall together to form a protective barrier between the hauberk's wearer and harm. The design is simple and elegant, unmarked by anything other than exceptional craftsmanship. You also notice a small enchanter's mark.

rub my haub You run your hand over your hauberk, a chill ripple of blue light following in the wake of your fingers. (crit padding - low resonant note)

rub my haub You run your hand over your hauberk, a chill ripple of green light following in the wake of your fingers. (damage padding - deep bass note)

This was an auction item from the first pay airship auction. Lookin fer coin only. I paid 7.5m + an item I was offered 25m fer, total 32.5m for this hauberk. Maybe I overpaid but I dun think so. How many reversible padded armors are out der? 22.5m fer dis is a steal.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 01:41 PM CDT
Krakii I don't know where the confusion is. The way weighting/damage padding is calculated is fairly exhaustively laid out step-by-step by GM Zissu.
I even shortened it to tl;dr version pfft you should just trust in everything I say instead of getting confuzzled.

Btw don't worry about the changes, just gimmie all your bloodscrip, it doesn't do anything for you, truuuuuuuuuuust meeeeee!
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 01:45 PM CDT
A question that was prompted by a discussion in the platchat Discord, which may change my plans for an item:

If I have permanent flares added to an item with large amounts of weighting, will the potency and frequency of the flare be significantly diminished, or are diminishing returns on flares solely for temporary ones?

You slam your mithril spikestar into the slowly descending meteor!
A large piece of the meteor shatters, exposing an opening!
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 01:51 PM CDT
I suppose I should probably ask about script-based flares, too. Greater impact flares on a claidhmore, for example. How are those going to be effected?

You slam your mithril spikestar into the slowly descending meteor!
A large piece of the meteor shatters, exposing an opening!
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 02:33 PM CDT
>>Morphing armor is assessing at the smithy as a 'combat script', costing the same as Voln, for example.

This should be fixed.

~Zoelle~
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 03:18 PM CDT
Diminished flare potency is only on temporary flares. Permenant item flares will still be full strength since you "pay" for that ability in the servicing costs.

Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 03:27 PM CDT
>>>>Morphing armor is assessing at the smithy as a 'combat script', costing the same as Voln, for example.

>>This should be fixed.

>>~Zoelle~

Still seeing the same pricing as this morning on my morphing armor. Hoping that it's still broken instead of just being this way.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "You will now be known as Blade Durakar, the Palestra."
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 04:15 PM CDT
>>Still seeing the same pricing as this morning on my morphing armor. Hoping that it's still broken instead of just being this way.

Sorry I made a minor mistake and just corrected it. This should be fixed.

~Zoelle~
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 07:08 PM CDT
>>>>Still seeing the same pricing as this morning on my morphing armor. Hoping that it's still broken instead of just being this way.
>>Sorry I made a minor mistake and just corrected it. This should be fixed.
>>~Zoelle~

Nope, still seeing the exact same appraisals on it now as 13 hours ago.

8x grapple flaring, T3 ensorcelled, fusion, 30% fire resist, 30% lightning resist, morphing platemail
|
Summary
|
Item: some blackened incarnadine platemail sculpted with rippling musculature
Modified Padding Type: Damage
Current Service Window Count: 0
Service Window Reset: 0d 0h 0m
Estimated Costs:
Next Service: 645 bloodscrip
Next 5 Services: 3225 bloodscrip
Next 10 Services: 7256 bloodscrip
Next 15 Services: 16,931 bloodscrip
Next 20 Services: 28,218 bloodscrip
Next 25 Services: 63,693 bloodscrip
|
|
|
Summary
|
Item: some blackened incarnadine platemail sculpted with rippling musculature
Modified Padding Type: Critical
Current Service Window Count: 0
Service Window Reset: 0d 0h 0m
Estimated Costs:
Next Service: 709 bloodscrip
Next 5 Services: 3547 bloodscrip
Next 10 Services: 7981 bloodscrip
Next 15 Services: 18,624 bloodscrip
Next 20 Services: 31,040 bloodscrip
Next 25 Services: 70,063 bloodscrip
|
|

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "You will now be known as Blade Durakar, the Palestra."
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! - Claid Bug 08/29/2017 10:42 PM CDT
Just sold a claid to the pawn for 35k, which loresang at 2.5m. Regular 0x claid. I even had it assessed to check. Looks like the weighting revamp has thrown the claid prices off at the pawnshop.

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! - Claid Bug 08/29/2017 10:44 PM CDT
I had the same thing, a steel claid. Not enhancive or any other properties but a 2.5M loresong and 800K pawn appraisal.

Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 10:58 PM CDT

>I'd also like to second the poster who requested that warrior assessment show more information. As much as the numbers are OOC, I'd like assessment to now provide exact numbers. With the greatly expanded spread, the current assessment language no longer provides adequate information.

>Kerl

Very much this. We need a way to know the exact number and assessing padding and weighting has always been a character defining trait for warriors. With the vast new spread I also can't see but that warriors should now get IN ADDITION TO the old classification scheme (because the breakpoints for what was light, heavy, masterful etc are still in place), but the exact number of new "Service" points on an item. There has to be a way to keep track. Bottom line is we need a way to track these numbers. I guess another option would be to add this feature to the NPC appraisal but...that would basically be rendering one of warriors' few character defining abilities obsolete.

Mohrgan glances between Mohrgan and Mohrgan.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 11:06 PM CDT

>Bottom line is we need a way to track these numbers.

+1
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 11:21 PM CDT
I liked the analyze getting updated, but I doubt that is able to be automated.

http://i.imgur.com/lsWPzG9.gif
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/30/2017 02:01 AM CDT

I love the changes. just one small request. some paladins choose to bond to a weighted weapon vs a non-weighted to avoid the negative affects of things like gas pockets in the bowels with plasma flares. can we maybe channel 1604 at the weapon to turn on/off the guiding light flares, since we get them on weighted weapons now too whether we want to or not?
Thanks
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/30/2017 02:09 AM CDT
@GM Zissu
<Diminished flare potency is only on temporary flares. Permenant item flares will still be full strength since you "pay" for that ability in the servicing costs.

Are yall considering making 1604 flares gained through 1625 sanctify count as permanent flares without the reduced potency and flare rate?

In my opinion sanctify requires a decent time investment to bond with the weapon, it's only on one dedicated weapon, and many folks might invest heavily in lores to improve the flares. Also, the flare is pretty much permanent as long as the paladin is bonded with the weapon.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/30/2017 06:56 AM CDT
Hm. So, weird issue. I have some 10x hcp t5 augmented chain. I added damage padding for 1 point, and now it only assesses and sings as damage padded. Is that just a limitation in the assess/loresing?

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/30/2017 07:57 AM CDT
Add another vote to allowing more information to be seen via warrior assess.

!>tell child to be quiet
The child cries, "I don't wanna!"
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/30/2017 01:01 PM CDT
Add another vote here, as an assessing warrior. People are wanting to know more specifics now. They need to know when they are going to hit exactly 150 services and no more, for things like flaring, blessing, enchanting, etc. We now need to be able to discern that. It's just true.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/31/2017 08:00 AM CDT
Just adding my voice to the "players need to be able to detect exact w/p/s"-crowd. Also would be great if that info showed up when a customer gets the item in a player shop.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/31/2017 11:40 AM CDT

How can anyone be mad at this update? I've got 4 items now in the process of now getting upgraded padding/weighting where before it was just wishful thinking.

In 14 months when they're all (hopefully) done, i'm buying everyone lunch.

I hope everyone can get over the outrage of not being able to throw their armor in the microwave and pull it out 30 seconds later with a high level of padding. A little patience goes a long way, and if people think about it 1 year from now you'll probably find you've spent a lot less on padding/weighting more items than if you had just bought a couple weighting/padding tickets.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/31/2017 02:26 PM CDT

looking for some clarification of pricing across events, besides my other outstanding questions:

Outstanding:
http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Hunting%20and%20Combat/Weighting%20and%20Padding/view/224 (;tldr ASSESS is wrong)

What I understand as fact:
*The current exchange rate of silver:bloodscrip is 750:1, but this may change after re-evaluation by dev staff according to Wyrom on Slack.
*The minimum service cost at this run of Duskruin is 110 bloodscrip, which would equate to 82,500 silvers if that were an option.

Questions:
1. What is the likelihood of the exchange rate changing?
2. I haven't seen, or don't recall seeing, an exact statement as to whether the base price for services 1-5 will be consistent from event to event. Can you please clarify that aspect?
3. Does the price scaling (tax) stay consistent from event to event for services 6-10, 11-15, etc?

Right now costs of adding services are being made on the assumption that service prices/scaling remain consistent, but if they do not, then players truly have no way to determine how much doing anything to any item will cost over multiple events.

If everything is consistent, I think it would be good to add a permanent estimating NPC (in silvers) to all major towns.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/31/2017 03:32 PM CDT
>If everything is consistent, I think it would be good to add a permanent estimating NPC (in silvers) to all major towns.

I would love to see this happen - for planning purposes. Please consider giving each town smith an assistant or apprentice who can do this.

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/31/2017 03:46 PM CDT
Any kind of estimating would be rife with errors, and require too many assumptions on value and conversion. We'd be left with a very hedged set of numbers in order to avoid taking market forces into consideration. I'd much prefer to just let things flow for a while and see what people are willing to pay for. I'm hopeful that the promise of more regular availability comes through at a price that's reasonably affordable, but who knows? I'd rather take my chances with the market than some pricing structure that is rigid.

What we really need is to be able to see the info on exact level of WPS upon assessment, that way people can make educated decisions when someone offers to sell them something that could potentially have a broad range of level of padding within a given current assessment description. How are you to know what you're getting if someone is offering to sell you a superbly padded set of armor? Currently, you don't, at a scale that far exceeds what it was a week ago.

Ker