Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/27/2017 02:35 PM CDT
This exact example of sigil was what was asked, and confirmed, that the combat system uses the old scale. 520 was then asked as well.

The combat system uses the old scale. No piece of gear or ability was intended to change efficacy in any way. There were bugs. If they persist, report them.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/27/2017 03:31 PM CDT
The updated scale is for merchant services on gear. That scale is translated into the old effect numbers when it comes time to calculate combat benefits. GoS sigils, mage armor, etc don't operate through gear, they continue to operate directly within the combat system. Their interactions with combat are unchanged.

Coase
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/27/2017 04:06 PM CDT
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/27/2017 04:13 PM CDT
>> Could we see a change to assessing or loresong that will show how far into a padding/weighting cycle an item is?

And because it has not been addressed yet:

Could we also please get either the loresinging or the assessing to report the correct temporary or not temporary status on padded/weighted gear, please?

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
;tune towncrier
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/27/2017 05:30 PM CDT
>>And because it has not been addressed yet

I missed the forum on this yesterday. The issue with assess not correctly identifying some weighting/padding items as temporary is corrected.

Zissu - Combat and Magic Systems Dev Lackey
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/27/2017 05:52 PM CDT
Abandoned inn crystal still isn't seeing it. :) Not to be a pest, but for Duskruin loot sorting, the AIC is my home boy.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/27/2017 05:54 PM CDT
Wyrom mentioned it is being updated and they are aware of it when it was reported the other night.

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/27/2017 06:10 PM CDT
Wonderful, thanks for the heads up. Sorry, my navigation skills are a bit lacking.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/27/2017 08:33 PM CDT
Hm. The WPS update has changed loresongs so WPS no longer appears as a "special ability" recognised in the third verse.

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/27/2017 11:42 PM CDT
I've had a few questions around the interaction of weighting/padding and the temporary item benefits. In all instances below, the sum of all weighting/padding types on the item is used to calculate the effectiveness.

1) Blessing weapons with weighting is reduced in potency by reducing the number of charges of bless the weapon holds. The more weighting on the item, the fewer swings you will receive when blessing it.

2) Temporary flares from eblade, holy water (bless), and guiding light will have the potency of the flare (how hard they hit) reduced by weighting/padding on the item. This is calculated on every flare, so the order in which the enhancements are placed on the item does not matter. This starts at 1 point of combat effectiveness, and essentially caps out at heavy (10) points of effectiveness. Trying to apply temp flares on something heavy or over will block it outright.

3) Eblade +AS bonus works in the same way, having the items +AS scale downwards with the amount of weighting, starting at 1 point of combat effectiveness and resulting at no bonus at heavily weighted.

4) Guiding Light from paladin bonding follows the same rules above. Guiding Light flares will automatically fall off the item some short time after it reaches heavy.

Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 10:24 AM CDT

Wyrom, your padding info looks off:

Additional Weighting Service (+5) 250,000 250,000 125,000 Added to currently weighted.
Fresh-slate Weighting Service (+10) 100,000 100,000 50,000 Weapons with no weighting.
Additional Padding Service (+5) 150,000 234,375 75,000 Added to currently padded.
Fresh-slate Padding Service (+10) 25,000 48,716 12,500 Armor with no padding.

starting and ending prices for april 2016

The main issue is the 25k fresh slate cert I think. That is what everyone is saying...we can't HCP for that amount now and certainly not at one event. Plus, even with the service being offered more, if there's a 60 day cooldown per item before the point counter resets, it won't be affordable in a practical manner to do quickly. You didn't lie exactly though, you said you would be able to get HCP at DR still, which you CAN, but NOT if it's not already padded some. So, because we had no concept of exactly how the system would work, that SEEMS like a lie. I know it wasn't meant to be, but it ended up being misinterpreted. Bottom line is we can't go from 0 to HCP in one event. If we could, it would not be remotely affordable on a strong enchant and up armor. Same goes for weighting and weapons. Personally, I see the long game here, and it's value. However, it would be a fair compromise to let us do 50 services per item on this event with minimal point penalty to ease the transition vs expectations.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 01:31 PM CDT

How will voln bless from a voln master work with weighted weapons? Will they be able to bless them? Thanks

Sentral.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 01:41 PM CDT
Hmm..

<You assess the knife for structural weaknesses and strengths.

Careful examination indicates the alloy hunting knife has a base strength of 30 and a base durability of 225. You also determine the current integrity of the alloy hunting knife to be at 100.0%.

Checking out the knife, it looks like it is somewhat weighted to inflict more damage.

Roundtime: 21 sec.

A wave of power flows outward from you towards a serrated alloy hunting knife.
A soft white glow surrounds the knife. Suddenly you are blinded by a brilliant flash of light as the knife is forcibly wrenched from your hand, sending it clattering to the ground where it returns to its original color.>

No.

If it makes you feel any better, I saw your item convert and I freaked a bit because I thought I had a bug...

Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 01:45 PM CDT
<<How will voln bless from a voln master work with weighted weapons? Will they be able to bless them?

You know the system is live, right? Try it. It's disappointing. The bless lasts a few swings at best.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 01:49 PM CDT

if staff is not willing to release the calculation of how many swings a cast of Bless will give, how about a way to detect swings on a weapon? Because counting swings is really tedious.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 01:59 PM CDT
Strange it didn't work on that light weighted knife.

I did GET also to make sure it updated.

If it makes you feel any better, I saw your item convert and I freaked a bit because I thought I had a bug...

Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 02:00 PM CDT
I want to reiterate that assess and lore singing need to provide more information now. With the spread, a single assessment on padding could mean a tremendously wide range. It was nice that we'd gotten away from claims like "amazing weighting!" because an assessment would at least now get you in a reasonable range. Now we're going to be back at it, with people claiming their masterful weighting is just a few points shy of superb... when the difference between the two is now larger than the difference in effort to get HCW to begin with.

This change also makes partial armor padding nearly worthless in the long run, as who would waste effort making that happen when they could just spend their coins on their main armor now? It won't make a big difference at first, but over time they will be basically worthless. I think the solution is to change from the formula taking the highest level of weighting if they are the same, to taking the highest level and adding half again what the lower one is.

I'm also left wondering how long it will be before you implement the same system for enchantment and TD?

Kerl
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 02:19 PM CDT
So, am I understanding right that with a combined 5,000 pt cap per item, instead of that final (old +5) crit weighting, I could instead pickup 1,500 points of damage weighting - ending with incredible crit weighting & expertly damage weighting (3,500 + 1,500), for reducing pricing due to the lower tiers and scale)?

Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 02:21 PM CDT
I was thinking it was 5000 for each so you could spend 50 years maxing both.

Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 02:23 PM CDT

I do believe I saw somewhere that the 5000 points is a combined total cap on both crit and damage wighting/padding.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 04:28 PM CDT

Still awaiting responses on the following question:

The changes means that there are in between values on the chart provided by Wyrom:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzDssp1gqgUaRThmWVpScVN3V1U

Lightly is now 10-20
Fairly is 30-40

1. What is 1-9 (how do they assess)? Am I correct in that the first 9 levels (services) are a "prerequisite" and combat ineffective? If so, should that maybe change to make the first service count, and then go granular from there?

2. Would lightly be 10-29, 10-20, or something else? making fairly 30-49 or 21-40, respectively, and does it follow that going down the chart?
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 04:33 PM CDT
I appear to be getting a second line of third-person messaging when successfully assessing an item with both types of weighting on it:

1st:
You accept Lofe's offer and are now holding an invar-tipped mithril troll-claw.
>assess my troll
You assess the troll-claw for structural weaknesses and strengths.

Careful examination indicates the mithril troll-claw has a base strength of 80 and a base durability of 225. You also determine the current integrity of the mithril troll-claw to be at 100.0%.

You heft the weapon a few times...but note nothing unusual about it.
Roundtime: 25 sec.
R>assess my troll

Careful examination indicates the mithril troll-claw has a base strength of 80 and a base durability of 225. You also determine the current integrity of the mithril troll-claw to be at 100.0%.

Checking out the troll-claw, it looks like it is temporarily fairly weighted to inflict more damage.

It also appears that it is temporarily fairly weighted to inflict more critical blows than a normal weapon of its type.

Roundtime: 25 sec.
R>assess my troll

Checking out the troll-claw, it looks like it is temporarily fairly weighted to inflict more damage.

It also appears that it is temporarily fairly weighted to inflict more critical blows than a normal weapon of its type.

Roundtime: 23 sec.

3rd:
Volmir has accepted your offer and is now holding an invar-tipped mithril troll-claw.
>
Volmir hefts the troll-claw a few times, getting a feel for it.
>
>

You slam your mithril spikestar into the slowly descending meteor!
A large piece of the meteor shatters, exposing an opening!
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 05:33 PM CDT
I second the idea that players should be able to tell the number of swings remaining on a bless or eblade.

Some options being letting clerics, paladins or elemental casters be able to assess or cast at weapons for specific numbers. Updating the "holy light" type descriptions when LOOKing at a blessed weapon for 10,20,30,40,50,etc charges left on your weapon to get a range for those that cannot get exact numbers.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 05:38 PM CDT

<< It appears the crystal at the abandoned inn needs some love in regards to reading weighting/sighting. >>

The Solhaven equivalent of the AI crystal needs fixing too. I believe those are the only two fixed locations in the lands. There are one or two portable AI crystals from auctions, if I am not mistaken.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 05:46 PM CDT
<There are one or two portable AI crystals from auctions, if I am not mistaken.>

There are, good call.

Where is the Solhaven AI?

Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 05:51 PM CDT

<< Where is the Solhaven AI? >>

In the alchemist shop. Take the stairs.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 06:19 PM CDT
The Ordim Dome!

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 06:31 PM CDT
I think it would just be best if the analyze gets updated with each service. 150/5000 or something along those lines. To help prevent fraud.

http://i.imgur.com/lsWPzG9.gif
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 06:33 PM CDT
>>So, am I understanding right that with a combined 5,000 pt cap per item, instead of that final (old +5) crit weighting, I could instead pickup 1,500 points of damage weighting - ending with incredible crit weighting & expertly damage weighting (3,500 + 1,500), for reducing pricing due to the lower tiers and scale)?

You can achieve the combination of weighting for more potency, but not for reduced pricing. A service of damage weighting will cost you more than a service of critical weighting because adding damage weighting will calculate the existing critical weighting as a surcharge. You will get more combat effectiveness on the weapon for a higher price.

Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 06:45 PM CDT
Hmm, thanks for the info.

I'll try quotes on that too once it is active.

Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 06:57 PM CDT
>I think it would just be best if the analyze gets updated with each service. 150/5000 or something along those lines. To help prevent fraud.

I would like to second this request.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 08:04 PM CDT
I suppose more than a few players now will be buying existing WPS gear to alter, rather than trying to improve their own vanilla gear. In the long term, it's probably better to recycle high-end gear and let new high-end gear manifest slowly over time. In the short term, the people who already own this gear and are willing to sell it stand to gain the most. It might be good PR to extend some kind of return policy for people who recently used PPs to update their gear.

Since wizards can now enchant WPS gear, hopefully merchant enchant can be scaled back. This should solve several of the issues with enchanting that have been discussed on and off since 925 was updated, and make wizards a lot more useful as a service profession.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 08:10 PM CDT
It was never explicitly stated whether having 1 point of padding of the other type on your armor would prevent halving of armour accessories.

Could a GM please confirm that if you had HCP + a minimum 1 point of damage padding (of the old scale), that if you put on an armour accessory that had either temp/perm exceptional damage padding that it would not cause halving of any kind?
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 09:14 PM CDT
@any gm that can answer,

How does this change affect the steel no-dachi released at the great auction last year?

From what I understand it had 10 pts of weighting under the old system and would flare to 15. Does this still work the same under the new system? Can it have more weighting added to it?

Can it be enchanted and ensorceled now?

Or is it still heavily restricted?

Also, how does a razern katana work under the new system?

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 10:33 PM CDT

Interaction question!

Are adv guild flares considered temporary grade or permanent grade? Do you get them at full potency on hcp gear? Can you even add them?
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 11:28 PM CDT
>>Interaction question #3736382193783!
Let this be a lesson to anyone who thinks its a good idea to mess with something named "The charts of CLARITY"

>>Are adv guild flares considered temporary grade or permanent grade? Do you get them at full potency on hcp gear? Can you even add them?
I'll have to get back to you on this one.

>>Could a GM please confirm that if you had HCP + a minimum 1 point of damage padding (of the old scale), that if you put on an armour accessory that had either temp/perm exceptional damage padding that it would not cause halving of any kind?

Think of each padding calculation separately. When calculating crit padding at a hit location with both torso and an accessory covering, the item with the higher level of crit padding is chosen. Then the unchosen item is checked for other attributes and if one is found, the crit padding is halved. Damage padding is treated as an item attribute when calculating crit padding, just like spikes, resistance, and flares. This calculation is largely unchanged with this update except for the addition of a new attribute to check against.

I hear the desire now that its possible to revisit, its something I'll discuss with others.

>>How does this change affect the steel no-dachi released at the great auction last year? From what I understand it had 10 pts of weighting under the old system and would flare to 15. Does this still work the same under the new system? Can it have more weighting added to it?

Still works the same, and unfortunately cannot be added to as those are managed by the script. The new system won't let any more be added due to this.

>>Can it be enchanted and ensorceled now? Or is it still heavily restricted?
I'm not positive about these. I did not change any specific restrictions on this item.

>>Also, how does a razern katana work under the new system?
These should generate with 12pts of combat effectiveness.

Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 11:49 PM CDT
How exactly does this work with permanent flares and weighting? There was mention of temporary, but is it the same case for permanent flares?

_ _ _
Wyrom gestures at you, causing you to explode.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/28/2017 11:52 PM CDT
Think of each padding calculation separately. When calculating crit padding at a hit location with both torso and an accessory covering, the item with the higher level of crit padding is chosen. Then the unchosen item is checked for other attributes and if one is found, the crit padding is halved. Damage padding is treated as an item attribute when calculating crit padding, just like spikes, resistance, and flares. This calculation is largely unchanged with this update except for the addition of a new attribute to check against.

tl;dr version:
yes padding is halved when you mix damage and crit padding accessories/armor even if you have both types of padding on the base armor.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 12:08 AM CDT
Low priority but the messaging when assessing Crit weighting over the natural HCW for Katanas is bugged:

>assess kat
You assess the katana for structural weaknesses and strengths.

Careful examination indicates the sleek ebon katana has a base strength of 80 and a base durability of 240. You also determine the current integrity of the sleek ebon katana to be at 100.0%.

Checking out the katana, it looks like it is superbly weighted to inflict more critical blows than a normal katana. You estimate that the katana is superbly weighted compared to normal weapons.

Roundtime: 20 sec.

This should read:

Checking out the katana, it looks like it is very heavily weighted to inflict more critical blows than a normal katnana. You estimate that the katana is superbly weighted compared to normal weapons.
Re: Weighting/Padding/Sighting Revamp! 08/29/2017 12:17 AM CDT
Since when have resistance or spikes halved padding levels? That's news to me. I can't recall seeing that anywhere. Guess adding spikes or resistance to crit padded armor is a giant waste?