1 2 3 4 6 Next Next_page
Re: Soul hits- Interacting with Necromancers 01/22/2010 12:46 PM CST
I wouldn't call it a little negative considering how difficult it is to get soulstones.

Rev. Reene

You whisper to Kaedan, "OOC: CANT YOU SING LILT FOR ME IRL"
>
Kaedan whispers, "OOC: OOOOOH HODIERNA'S LILLLLLLLLLT"
>
Kaedan whispers, "OOC: ::guitar riff::"
Re: Soul hits- Interacting with Necromancers 01/22/2010 01:03 PM CST
Something change with getting soulstones?

Let Lyras win.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdaOeAxy0GU
Re: Soul hits- Interacting with Necromancers 01/22/2010 11:49 PM CST
Soulstones do still melt... you are left with a useless form of the soulstone... a charred and melted one.

what did change is that the soulstone nolonger completely disapeers and nolonger leaves you with a bleeding smoking hole in your hand.

Now... as for Soul-stone Imbued items... I am unsure what occurs... and do not care to find out with mine. In the tent where they were sold... it was expressly written out on a sign alerting to possible corruption of the item... and that no refunds would be made in such a case.

Thank you Silus for your input on the heretic title... I am inclined to agree that you cannot gain in soulstate while wearing the Heretic title...
Re: Soul hits- Interacting with Necromancers 01/23/2010 12:37 PM CST

>>Soulstones do still melt... you are left with a useless form of the soulstone... a charred and melted one.<<

Exhibit A:

>look at silus
You are Heretic Silus Ednus, Crusher of M'Riss, a S'Kra Mur Paladin.
You have a flexible ridged crest which follows the shape of your skull and slitted jade eyes, camouflage scales and a slender tail.
You are in good shape.

You are holding a smoky soulstone in your right hand.
You are wearing a black locust crossbow inlaid with mother-of-pearl, a pilgrim's badge, a silver kyanite gwethdesuan, a silver jadeite gwethdesuan, a sapphire clasp, an embossed leather holster, a polished mahogany double-stringed crossbow with a gleaming animite boltplate, a serrated belt knife, a heavy repeating crossbow constructed from sun-bleached mammoth bones, a wide leather Therengian war belt riveted with decorative pewter plates, an albredine crystal ring, some polished steel knuckles, a small animite ring, an enameled medal crafted to resemble the Isle of M'Riss, some gauntlets, a platinum-hued armor pack shot through with narrow strands of steelsilk, a gold medal affixed with a bright red ribbon, an azure-scaled poloh'izh hide cloak, an anloral lion pin, a ruby-eyed hound, a platinum ring bearing the crest of the Paladin Guild and a greatsword sheath.
>
Anabel says, "You don't have to chop my fricken leg off to give me a bleeder."
>
Kattena grins at Anabel.
>
Shakari just arrived.
>
Shakari went through an arched door.
>rub soul
You rub the soulstone...

The soulstone freezes your hand severely, writhing with a life of its own! Its glossy surface clouds over in deepest black which simply mirrors the corruption of your soul.

>give katt
You offer your smoky soulstone to Kattena, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Type CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.
>say rub it please
Kattena has accepted your offer and is now holding a smoky soulstone.
>
You say, "Rub it please."
>
Kattena rubs her soulstone, which gleams brightly with a pristine luminescence!
>
Kattena nods to you.
>
Kattena offers you a smoky soulstone. Enter ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.
>accept
You accept Kattena's offer and are now holding a smoky soulstone.
>
The bandages binding Anabel's left leg become useless and fall apart.
Anabel unwraps her bandages.
>
Kattena says, "Not broken at all."

I rest my case.

~Silus
Banner first, ask questions later.
Re: Soul hits- Interacting with Necromancers 01/23/2010 01:44 PM CST
<<Soulstones do still melt... you are left with a useless form of the soulstone... a charred and melted one.

Don't think so Phan. I'll look for the post that changed it.

Madigan

"le rage du paladine" Korsik
Re: Soul hits- Interacting with Necromancers 01/23/2010 02:01 PM CST
And, here we go.

- Soulstones no longer melt or cause damage to the user if the user has a black soul.

- Soulstones are now four times as likely to drop from tortured souls.

Live in all instances.

-Z

Madigan

"le rage du paladine" Korsik
Re: Soul hits- Interacting with Necromancers 01/23/2010 02:41 PM CST
Geez, Silus...couldn't you have done that like Madigan did instead of killing me to prove it? :P

~Kattena

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Soul hits- Interacting with Necromancers 01/23/2010 02:49 PM CST
>> Geez, Silus...couldn't you have done that like Madigan did instead of killing me to prove it? :P

Science demands sacrifice.

Rev. Reene

You whisper to Kaedan, "OOC: CANT YOU SING LILT FOR ME IRL"
>
Kaedan whispers, "OOC: OOOOOH HODIERNA'S LILLLLLLLLLT"
>
Kaedan whispers, "OOC: ::guitar riff::"
Re: Soul hits- Interacting with Necromancers 01/24/2010 09:13 AM CST
maybe you just weren't evil enough.

>get soulst
You get a charred and melted soulstone from inside your black pantherskin.
>rub soulst
You rub a charred and melted soulstone.
>

good to know soulstones don't become useless now though... I get edgumacated.
Re: Soul hits- Interacting with Necromancers 01/24/2010 09:43 AM CST
I had a charred and melted soulstone also, but it was a fluff item.

Soulstones don't melt anymore. They stay usable (thankfully)

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Soul hits- Interacting with Necromancers 01/24/2010 12:00 PM CST

>>maybe you just weren't evil enough.<<

My soul was a black as it gets. You are pulling out a soul stone that was torched before those changes that Madigan took the liberty of posting for you.

~Silus
Re: Soul hits- Interacting with Necromancers 01/24/2010 12:06 PM CST
I think those soulstones were a gimmick item from a fest. When you used to rub a soulstone it would simply disappear.

IM THE AUTHORITY ON THIS MATTER

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Soul hits- Interacting with Necromancers 01/24/2010 12:12 PM CST
>>I think those soulstones were a gimmick item from a fest. When you used to rub a soulstone it would simply disappear.<<

Key words in that sentence are "I think". The soulstone wouldn't disappear it would just melt and burn your hand, leaving behind the soulstone gunk.

~Silus
Re: Soul hits- Interacting with Necromancers 01/24/2010 12:25 PM CST
yep after Glemm's disentrigration magic was thwarted (the soulstone bug) for a shrot time you were lefted with a ruined soulstone. It seems now the soulstone will continue to work even after it has been rubbed by a dark soul.

I was conceeding to your evedent correctness. Thanks for clarifying.
Re: Soul hits- Interacting with Necromancers 01/24/2010 01:49 PM CST
Melting items with the soulstone was really one of the high points of my career.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Soul hits- Interacting with Necromancers 01/24/2010 02:21 PM CST
camo cloaks

Good times.

Let Lyras win.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdaOeAxy0GU
Soul question 01/30/2010 12:03 PM CST
Hello, thinking of making a Paladin character for the very first time.
I have one question. Do I always need to boost my soul? I mean does it only
get's tainted by your actions or it slowly get's tainted by not boosting it?

Thanks in advance
Re: Soul question 01/30/2010 12:09 PM CST
There is a drift toward neutral from whichever end of the spectrum it's on. I understand this drift doesn't occur from the extreme ends of it, though. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Soul question 04/22/2010 05:06 PM CDT
I've heard about such things, but never really seen it. I've almost always prayed to a badge, tended someone. Which are things that boost the soul.

So if it's there, it's never been a "big enough" issue to pull me in any direction.

--Profesie
1 2 3 4 6 Next Next_page