Re: War Stomp 01/28/2004 08:03 PM CST
<<MUst be nice to be spoiled. I'm still waiting on a 65th or higher perk/buff. I even worry when I get one it will be something fluffy like thrown voice or thug your fellow thief for wearing a OC title. Getting something with some use to it is one of those things I kinda forgot the meaning of. TDPS is about the onlyplus to circling in some guilds.>>

Yeah no kidding since our last dance ends at 60th circle.

Oh we got some roars... but after the real good ones, what is left? Slash the Shadows? rofl

Oh wait, I can look forward to stomp, the watered down version of Anger which nobody ever uses.

Stomp to me sounds like dual loading for barbarians - honestly now, how often do you actually wanna dance eagle just to fire two arrows when you could save that fire for berserking incase you get the odd stun?

-> barbarian.weapon.master

"I might never have liked you. Point in fact I despise you. But that doesn't suggest I don't respect you. Dying in our sleep is a luxury our kind is rarely afforded."
- Kill Bill
Re: War Stomp 01/28/2004 11:08 PM CST
>when you could save that fire for berserking incase you get the odd stun?

Funny thing is, you can dance while having a macro set up that is: dance stop/rberserk/r

With the new changes to balance/RNG, The shot that gets through to your defenses is more likely to be a one shot kill than a stun that denegrates into death.

Ambassador Genneron, of M'riss
Ask me about my Order
AIM: Genneron
Li Tumbra Mir: The Order of the Iron Circle
http://home.comcast.net/~fatherjarle/
Re: War Stomp 01/29/2004 05:15 AM CST
Funny thing is, you can dance while having a macro set up that is: dance stop/rberserk/r

You can do that while stunned? Interesting....

Mosk
Re: War Stomp 01/29/2004 08:40 AM CST
>Re: perspective on the MM 100th ability vs. War Stomp.

>Noted. I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks Skiori, gives me something to look forward to again :)

Tulkas

Time Development Points: 1337
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail64.html
Re: War Stomp 01/29/2004 08:58 AM CST
Can't dance stop while stunned, but when hunting in Adan'f, I just kept hitting the macro over and over. I berserked 4 out of 5 times when the stun wore off and it wasn't a vicous stun or worse.

Ask me about my Order
Re: War Stomp 01/29/2004 09:04 AM CST
>Can't dance stop while stunned, but when hunting in Adan'f, I just kept hitting the macro over and over. I berserked 4 out of 5 times when the stun wore off and it wasn't a vicous stun or worse.

If I have to survive the stun anyway, I'm probably not going to use Berserk, and just do a roar and quick combo to get back to somewhere around solid balance, then retreat and move rooms or switch to ranged. The entire appeal of Berserk to me is that it breaks a stun, waiting out a stun defeats that purpose.

-Mer
Re: War Stomp 01/29/2004 09:53 AM CST
I've tried that, but in Adan'f they are extremely harder to affect with roars because they are essentially undead, so even with 26 charisma I can't easily affect them.

Also, most roars are affected by balance as well so after a stun your balance is tanked so it's not as effective.

I enjoy bersek for the massive injection of vitality and balance and....well everything that it gives. I've gone from Near Death, extremely unbalanced, opponent overwhelming to the other side of the scale with Berserk. I love our current one and look forward to the changes if they are as good as the roars.

I hope they keep the original berserk and just add on to the others.

Ask me about my Order
Re: War Stomp 01/30/2004 01:53 AM CST
Not to be rude but please Soim, bitch about the lack of thief things in the thief folder.

~Lieutenant Ternith Sjomah
Mer'Kresh, Rissan Artillery Corp
____
Never underestimate the power of stupid people gathered together in large groups.
Re: War Stomp 01/31/2004 08:55 PM CST
<<Stomp to me sounds like dual loading for barbarians - honestly now, how often do you actually wanna dance eagle just to fire two arrows when you could save that fire for berserking incase you get the odd stun?>>

dual loading is like 10x better at least.. It's something that is very useful and about 90% of the time necessary in my training (when training bow) personally

<<Slash the Shadows? rofl>>

actually on a side note, ive noticed that slash's usefulness has gone up a lot for me
Re: War Stomp 01/31/2004 08:56 PM CST
<<Can't dance stop while stunned, but when hunting in Adan'f, I just kept hitting the macro over and over. I berserked 4 out of 5 times when the stun wore off and it wasn't a vicous stun or worse.>>

i only use berserk for trying to break the stun, or if im at near death...more often than not if i survive the stun, i'll survive w/o berserk
Re: War Stomp 02/01/2004 10:56 AM CST
I'd like to say that I have never used War Stomp in a combat situation. The inner fire hit is tramendous, and it benefits more to continue dancing than it does to cause a brief loss of balance to only creatures at melee.

It's a dead ability. Nice gesture, but dead ability.

I would not put it anywhere near on par with the usefullness of moon mages'.

Mad King Edgee
Re: War Stomp 02/01/2004 12:15 PM CST

Is there anything you can do to improve this War Stomp? I was sooo looking forward to getting it, Being its 100 circle ability and all. I am disapointed to hear how bad it is. I was hoping after 100 circles of training which for me is looking at about 5-6 years now. I would think it should effect critters at all ranges and have knock down capabilities, which surpass the roar anger.

Kerrakus
Re: War Stomp 02/01/2004 01:28 PM CST
Possibly creating an immobilization in addition to balance loss. Definitely decreasing the fire hit. Expand it to cover enemies facing but at missile. Decrease targets attack and or defense ability. Combination of any of these.

It's tough territory to tread on. Roars in some way or another cover all of them, and although less consistant, offer far less cost to the barb. Losing voice isn't a detriment to other fighting abilities as cutting dance time is.

I see no way of salvaging it to be a truly useful ability without making it unjustifiably overpowered.

Mad King Edgee
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 02/26/2004 01:30 PM CST
<<I would like to see barbarians get the same shield bonuses that paladins have, and think it makes sense as well. I fail to see the difference between paladins being proficient enough with parry (secondary skill set for them) to parry missile weapons, but barbarians not being proficient enough with shield (secondary skill set for us) to have the same shield bonuses. ~Bractos>>

Great insight Bractos. My hats.... er helms off to ye. And I hate shield.

~Wolfgryn
War Stomp's Future 07/03/2005 06:13 PM CDT
I had heard that a new 100th circle ability will be set in place of War Stomp from folks at Simucon which is a great idea and appreciated. In light of this, could you consider lowering the requirements for getting War Stomp for a Barbarian to around 30th circle or so? It's just another tool that a Barbarian might use and the idea has potential so we shouldn't necessarily scrap it for now.

In terms of the new 100th circle ability, I'm not really sure what it would be. My suggestions are to make it something new that the guild does not have (not an overlapping ability that Barbarians have access to) and something that puts the "WOW" for the guild, in general. Just tossing a few ideas for the new 100th circle ability:

* Being in such a frenzy that you cannot be AIMed or TARGETed.

* Something relating to new combat manuevers that have increased inner fire regeneration when used.

The list isn't that big right now off the top of my head, but I'm sure others will have some pretty good ideas.

- Simon

You hear the voice of Talorc ask, "Bah the man is a barbarian why do immortals talk to him of all people?"

You say, "We're the best. It happens."
Re: War Stomp's Future 07/05/2005 02:53 PM CDT
Probably much more inclined towards Paladin's spcialties but I always like the idea of thickened skin added more protection to the armor you are wearing. Perhaps not to the armor itself, but maybe stacked w/ the armor. Say some p/p/p added onto my combat leathers stats. I dunno, maybe its more of a berserk. Ever see a cop try and take down a perp hopped up on something w/ a gun? Sometimes they can just keep coming, where normally it would drop them. Wow, that was a bad analogy but its all I got at the moment, sue me. meh

~Sol/Kor
Re: War Stomp's Future 07/05/2005 05:32 PM CDT
>>I dunno, maybe its more of a berserk

I dunno, seems more like a dance or meditation to me, a state of mind rather than a frenzy.
Re: War Stomp's Future 07/06/2005 05:20 AM CDT
I think War Stomp should be relegated to a cute RP thingy and a real 100th circle ability given. Something on the par of the Moon Mage one.

My suggestion? For a barbarian, master of melee combat, all advances start at pole rather than Missle. If a 100th + circle barbarian wants to be at Missle, he can retreat. This already happens in specific areas (Spirit Dancers)!

Thoughts on this or other possible 100th cicle abilities?

Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss

www.play.net/dr/info/guilds/barb.asp

and I quote:
Weapon Forging
Anyone can forge a crude weapon, but only barbarians can produce legendary quality weapons sought after by all.
Re: War Stomp's Future 07/06/2005 10:54 AM CDT
"Thoughts on this or other possible 100th cicle abilities?" ~Coverg

Forgive my Youthful boldness:

Double Swing for 100th circle

Example: warrior holds a Broadsword in right arm and scim in left,
attack DS
warrior attacks with both weapons but only has the rt of the larger weapon.

PS. I never even found out what war stomp did, I just knew it was 100th circle
Re: War Stomp's Future 07/06/2005 01:13 PM CDT
100th ability etc etc.

No hangback penalty? stacking or roundtime related

ability to parry with fists/brawling weapons

snipe? haha jk

or

Change to Warstomps affects

light - throws target(s) off balance
heavy - brings target(s) to their knees
enormous - brings target(s) down and with % stun
Re: War Stomp's Future 07/06/2005 05:21 PM CDT
I'd like to see war stomp be able to destroy structures; for instance Fortress of Ice.

As for the intended 100th circle ability, I'd rather it be a combat manuever that is taught at that level. Some sort of leap attack that can be done and if success (based on the contest); bypass your enemy's parry and shield skills. Some form of combat manuever with a special effect to it like that.

- Simon

You hear the voice of Talorc ask, "Bah the man is a barbarian why do immortals talk to him of all people?"

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Frontpage.html <~~ Phii Shoots + Scores
Re: War Stomp's Future 07/06/2005 11:10 PM CDT
>>Some sort of leap attack that can be done and if success (based on the contest); bypass your enemy's parry and shield skills.

No, Simon, you cannot be Brad Pitt.

-Teeklin
Re: War Stomp's Future 07/06/2005 11:16 PM CDT
Brad Pitt's attack would be perfect for a 100th circle ability. Maybe have it drain a lot of inner fire to do a devastating charge and strike that works like backstab for thieves, ignoring parry and shields.
Re: War Stomp's Future 07/06/2005 11:25 PM CDT
With a savage howl of rage, Charak leaps at a retan dolomar!
Driving in like an unbeatable force, Charak charges his battle axe at a retan dolomar. A retan dolomar attempts to dodge, taking the full blow. The axe lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) that explodes the heart and lungs with a bone-shattering blow to the chest!
A retan dolomar slumps into a heap.

I am --- Navak

Valcer exclaims, "OMG I HAVE 40 AGILITY AND A GORBESH NEEDLE OF DOOM +12, WHY AM I GETTING 5 SECOND RT'S ON THIS CARDIGAN?!?"
Re: War Stomp's Future 07/07/2005 12:16 AM CDT
>No, Simon, you cannot be Brad Pitt.

Haha.. make it require the use of pike skill so that someone might want to actually use pikes...

Digressions, objections, delight in mockery, carefree mistrust are signs of health; everything unconditional belongs in pathology.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
(Dont feed the pathogens)
Re: War Stomp's Future 07/07/2005 12:19 AM CDT
>With a savage howl of rage, Charak leaps at a retan dolomar!
Driving in like an unbeatable force, Charak charges his battle axe at a retan dolomar. A retan dolomar attempts to dodge, taking the full blow. The axe lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) that explodes the heart and lungs with a bone-shattering blow to the chest!
A retan dolomar slumps into a heap.

Aww Navak, you know we can never aspire to do anything cool as well as an NPC... But hey, how about if with war stomp we could leap to different cities and travel like the Hulk?

Digressions, objections, delight in mockery, carefree mistrust are signs of health; everything unconditional belongs in pathology.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
(Dont feed the pathogens)
Re: War Stomp's Future 07/07/2005 05:12 PM CDT
<<No, Simon, you cannot be Brad Pitt.>>

Damn, someone figured the reference. :D

- Simon

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Frontpage.html <~~ Phii Shoots + Scores
Re: War Stomp's Future 07/07/2005 05:43 PM CDT
"Some sort of leap attack that..."

"no, simon, you cannot be Brad Pitt."

haha, loving it...

Tog strength means never having to say you're sorry, and never finding the right shoe size.
Re: War Stomp's Future 07/09/2005 09:08 PM CDT
Im lost...

Interview with a vampire?
Re: War Stomp's Future 07/09/2005 09:29 PM CDT
Maybe something from Troy, I dunno.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al
Re: War Stomp's Future 07/21/2005 05:49 PM CDT
>>Double Swing for 100th circle

Dual wielding is already planned for release to all guilds.

>>No hangback penalty? stacking or roundtime related

They're redoing engagement at some point anyway, and from what I understand, hangback won't have a roundtime if successful, while retreating will have one of some sort.

>>ability to parry with fists/brawling weapons

Already a planned brawling feat.

>>Maybe something from Troy, I dunno.

Yep, maybe if that movie had come out when Veyl was redoing weapon combos, we could have convinced him not to completely break pikes.

Auroch clamps his fist around your forearm and hauls you over for a merciless Barbarian greeting. Stifling a grimace, you wonder if you'll ever wield a weapon again.
Re: War Stomp's Future 07/22/2005 09:45 AM CDT
"Double Swing"

Yep, after I suggested that I read about Double wield in another string...(feeling foolish)

Maybe 100th circle could have something related to that fire breathing they were talking about?

Another Cool Idea might be a Brawling technique which disarms the enemy. by disarm I mean takes away their sword

Tog strength means never having to say you're sorry, and never finding the right shoe size.
Re: War Stomp's Future 07/22/2005 02:29 PM CDT
Agonar just arrived.
>
Kalika scowls at Agonar.
>
Agonar ponders.
>
Agonar smiles charmingly at Kalika. She is utterly disarmed.
>
Agonar just went south.
>
Kalika wobbles a bit.

Orpheus: "You've been powering this machine with a forsaken child?"
Venture: "What? It's not like I used the whole thing."
War Stomp suggestions 10/21/2005 01:42 AM CDT
Would be nice to stomp and send ice fortresses to the ground. I guess if war stomp is dead it might also be an interesting feature to add to anger the earth.
Re: War Stomp suggestions 12/10/2005 02:02 PM CST
1. Abilities use 50% IF from what they used to, or IF regens twice as fast.

I would rather have a passive gain, that helps everything.

2. Upon entering a room, Mages explode, paladins impode(leaving a tin-foil ball behind), and Rangers drown in regurgitation. (funny all those swimming ranks couldn't save them)

Codiax.

Why kill yourself, when you can kill others.
Re: War Stomp's Future 01/21/2006 11:43 AM CST
>>.Forgive my Youthful boldness:

Double Swing for 100th circle<<

Would be great. Been suggested before... GMs said something like it would take rewriting the combat system or something... if I recall...

Don't see what the problem is... would only take about ten million hours of time... ::cough:;

But seriously, too bad though

- Alemaster
Re: War Stomp's Future 03/19/2006 06:22 PM CST
::randomly reads boards::

it would be cool if war stomp was an attach that caused you to stomp someone at melee with you if they're lying down.

A brilliant stream of pure white light jumps from you to Relayer.
It lands a cataclysmic hit against his chest!
As the hammer-shaped light silently explodes, you could swear you hear a voice whisper the word "Justice".
Re: War Stomp's Future 03/22/2006 07:39 AM CST
You know, a cool add on for the barb 100th circle ability would be giving them the same kind of AE knockdown/unbalancing affect that Telga Moradu are said to have (and I think I witnessed it at the Arena fight). Sure, they can still stomp... but if some mage walks in and makes them crash to the ground, then the mage also also ends up on their butt for the effort ;) Just an idea.

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!
Re: War Stomp's Future 05/16/2006 01:45 PM CDT
<<Maybe a hint of the easter egg that wouldn't give it away, but possible point folks to the right direction can help out, if it were allowed Iayn.>>

Just reposting this here instead of the title folder so I can find it when I research past threads. That note is for war stomp, for those who did not read the Mage title type thread in the title folder.

- Simon

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Frontpage.html
Re: War Stomp's Future 05/16/2006 02:27 PM CDT
<<A small, cruel smile appears on Iayn's face. Deliberately raising his foot and lashing it down to the ground, he unleashes the full power of the War Stomp.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison