Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 09/30/2003 04:37 PM CDT
<<Dragon is not the be all end all of combat boosts any longer.-Steinn->>

Dami's comment was that dragon was the single most powerful combat boost in the game. This comment on the surface appears fantastic for barbs until you consider all the nonmost-powerful boosts that can be stacked on top of each other.

starkad
____
In that song, "You're so Vain" is he really that vain? I mean the song IS about him...
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 09/30/2003 05:10 PM CDT
Oh lord, here we go again. I'm not talking about sparring. He can take me sparring because he's 60+ warmie and I just made 50th though I can give him a hard time. I mean literally I tell him spell up then I dance, I attacked him while he's prepping spells and I can't touch him I get 6 rt misses for 1 rt jab attacks with my sabre all my stats and all combat skills are significantly higher than his. Also this is a guy that hunts in bristleblack peccary area in Rossman's Landing and juggles while he has pecs on him. Yet me with far more combat skill have to fight for my life in there.

War Hawk Catullus

http://www.legends-end.com/Tourney/LE-DR-FBC.htm
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 09/30/2003 05:52 PM CDT
You cant juggle at melee.

http://www.houseofownzing.com/logs/drachstar.html

http://www.legends-end.com/Tourney/
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 09/30/2003 05:57 PM CDT
<<Yes, but those three spells do their thing much better than Dragon does its thing. Dragon is not the be all end all of combat boosts any longer.>>

This would be true if solely a big defensive bonus was dragon dances "thing". It's not. I should certainly hope 2 seperate, solely defensive abilities and a third, seperate balance booster can outweigh the defensive bonus of a single boosting ability that raises many, many seperate things across the board - NOT just defense.

What, do you think DD should be a globally capped bonus to every skill you have?

<<Oh lord, here we go again. I'm not talking about sparring. He can take me sparring because he's 60+ warmie and I just made 50th though I can give him a hard time.>>

So what you really mean is, you don't have dragon dance yet, and don't have a first hand awareness of what it does. Instead, you're basing an argument about dragon dance on whatever lower level dances you currently have.
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 09/30/2003 06:02 PM CDT
Let me rephrase wasn't worded properly he juggles all the time there when 1 or 2 or even 3 how he can handle 3 with like 130 MO and someone with 200 can't is because of the spells he has going in. anyway, he juggles, when they reached melee and his rt is over he gets his sabre out and attacks/cast. I have never seen anyone in there hanging out juggling and chillin. Not to put him down, he's da man if he can do that. I wish I could do that too. <kneels down and begins to pray>.

War Hawk Catullus

http://www.legends-end.com/Tourney/LE-DR-FBC.htm
Thread Nudge - Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 09/30/2003 06:35 PM CDT
Greetings,

This thread is starting to drift from it's original intent (and the topic of the folder). Lets try to keep it on target, please.

Thanks,

Imrielle

Send all questions and comments to Mod-Imrielle@play.net, DR-Redryn@play.net, or DR-Cecco@play.net.

"We have received intelligence of an enslaved gnome at your place of residence. Whether you have come across this gentle woodland creature through deliberate actions or innocent ignorance, we care not...It is now in a better place."
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 11/04/2003 12:25 PM CST
There was a question about abilities someone mentiond a few post back stating that 3 guilds get bonus to skills and barbs get none.

While they are three guilds with inherent bonus' to skill it isn't ranger, thief, paladin.

Rangers and Thieves get a bonus to survival, not every survival just some and they don't work in certain locations.

Clerics get a bonus to power perception aslong as their devotion is high enough however many abilities a cleric uses waste devotion and it must be maintained. its a bonus to only one skill and it does not boost mana it only boost power perception.

Paladins do not get a bonus to armor ranks they have a bonus to the percentage they can reduce the hinderence to at low ranks a paladin is as equally hindered in plate as lets say a cleric or warrior mage. However towards mid-low ranks when most guilds are tappering off their hinderences paladins continue to work off their armor. Paladins are also hindered in using leathers.

Barbarians have an equal bonus to using leathers as Paladins have in using plate/chain.

if you count the paladin bonus then indeed barbarians do have an innate bonus to armor

--The light is blinding and purges all in its path, leaving only shadows behind, but long after the light has dwindled the shadows will remain to rise and swallow the ruins in darkness
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 11/04/2003 12:28 PM CST
<<Paladins are also hindered in using leathers.>>

Wrong.

<<Barbarians have an equal bonus to using leathers as Paladins have in using plate/chain.>>

Wrong.

Drongol's Player
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 11/04/2003 01:40 PM CST
Paladins have the lowest hindrance of all the Guilds in any armor, including leather. Guild hindrances changed awhile back.

Paladins have an inherent bonus to shield protection (and this shows up on appraisals).

Paladins have Divine Armor. <Cries> I want DA bad.. especially on a shield..

Paladins work off ALL multi armor hindrance at 30th circle <cries more>.

Clerics get a PP bonus.

Empaths get a FA bonus. (Do Paladins get a FA bonus? For some reason I recall that they did.)

Empaths get a guild only lore skill.

Bards get a guild only lore skill.

Bards get all kinda of music bonuses, like half the RT of others and stuff.

Bards and Empaths get guild only origami patterns for learning their primaries better. =(

Rangers and Thieves bonus blah blah survival skills blah blah blah.

Rangers and Thieves get their own guild only survival skills.

Rangers and Thieves can hide at melee.

Moon Mages get a guild only lore skill.

Traders get a guild only lore skill.

Traders get an appraisal bonus.

Lalala.. ok I'm done. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Dragoonseal
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 11/04/2003 01:51 PM CST
>>Paladins have an inherent bonus to shield protection (and this shows up on appraisals).

Paladins have Divine Armor. <Cries> I want DA bad.. especially on a shield..

>>Paladins work off ALL multi armor hindrance at 30th circle <cries more>.

okay so I didn't know about those two...hmm and I'd rather have the warrior mages YS personally, it boost absorbtion and lowers hinderence. DA only boost protection and absorbtion but if you have capped armor then it won't boost it past what it already is at, good on shields though.

SOL gives clerics a boost to shield ranks vs undead.

everything thats left besides the fa, app boost, and music boost are all boons not boost to actual skills.

--The light is blinding and purges all in its path, leaving only shadows behind, but long after the light has dwindled the shadows will remain to rise and swallow the ruins in darkness
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 11/04/2003 01:54 PM CST
who has a music boost?

Greyfall/Thyw

Poodles can fly, too. They just can't land. ~~ Qreyq
If you don't find death death will find you.
The gene pool needs cleansing and I am the minister of chlorine.
Solch ist lebens
Zu jedem besitzt seiner ist

Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 11/04/2003 02:00 PM CST
<<who has a music boost?>>

I do.

You sing:

"Beans, beans, the magical fruit.
The more ya eat
The more ya toot!"

<bows>

Ruffles Scourge of the Seas

"Smack." Points and pauses for everyone to laugh and applaud. "The funny thing is, is that everyone knew who I meant." - Solomon
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 11/04/2003 04:51 PM CST
>You sing:

>"Beans, beans, the magical fruit.
>The more ya eat
>The more ya toot!"

><bows>

>Ruffles Scourge of the Seas

Funny - I remember it being Beans, beans, good for your heart...
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 11/04/2003 06:09 PM CST
Need 4 lines to train vocals don't you?

Steel.

YOU HAVE <insert ability here>!! YOU ARE OVERPOWERED!! DIE GUILD DIE!!!

It has a dragonrealms section so I can spam it! Go me!
http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/steelflash
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 11/04/2003 07:17 PM CST
>okay so I didn't know about those two...hmm and I'd rather have the warrior mages YS personally, it boost absorbtion and lowers hinderence. DA only boost protection and absorbtion but if you have capped armor then it won't boost it past what it already is at, good on shields though.

YS doesn't boost past capped armor stats either, and if I recall correctly, it doesn't boost as much as DA (though I could be wrong).

Nester
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 11/04/2003 09:44 PM CST
yes but when your wandering around in capped armor, you'll see no difference between an armor with DA on then one without, YS will however still lower its hinderence.

Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 11/05/2003 12:03 AM CST
Wow. *War stomp* has the effects of DA and YS? ::smirks::

~A tired Viptorian

Jeladric says, "And cheer up, this is not a death sentence."

Jeladric says, "Viptorian you will always be young at heart and that is a good thing."
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 11/05/2003 02:41 AM CST
Viptorian put it nicely. Back on topic, please.

GM Jaedren
Events Team &
Team Barbarian
Interim Liaison
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 11/06/2003 01:17 PM CST
<other guilds abilities/bonuses>

And we have dances, new roars and soon to be new berserks.

"Everything I know I learned by killing smart people and eating their brains"
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 11/06/2003 01:41 PM CST
><other guilds abilities/bonuses>

>And we have dances, new roars and soon to be new berserks.

And they have Enchantes, magic, khri, more magic, enchanting, lead, more magic..

I wasn't listing abilities like that. Just bonuses. Dances, roars, and berserks are not bonuses to our primary skill set (even if some of them directly effect skills in it, thats what abilities usually do).

You can't mix up abilities with bonuses, abilities are temporary, and can effect things that often have nothing to do with a guild's primary skill set. A good deal of them aren't even really guild specific.

Bonuses are just there, always on, and almost always to a guild's primary skill set.

Dragoonseal
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 11/06/2003 01:55 PM CST
You have BMR.
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 11/06/2003 02:08 PM CST
In exchange for being pretty much locked out of the magic skillset. And don't give me that stuff about how we can train it, there are penalties, or will be.

Dragoonseal
Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 11/06/2003 02:11 PM CST
>In exchange for being pretty much locked out of the magic skillset. And don't give me that stuff about how we can train it, there are penalties, or will be.

This was not an discussion about how those bonuses/perks are justified. You just wanted to list them.
Thread Nudge - Re: Some questions about War Stomp (100th ability) 11/06/2003 04:41 PM CST
Ahem.

I do believe that there has already been two requests to direct this thread back onto it's original topic, that being the War Stomp ability. Please take any additional thoughts to their appropriate folders.

Thanks,

Imrielle

Send questions or comments to Mod-Imrielle@play.net, DR-Redryn@play.net, or DR-Cecco@play.net.

"We have received intelligence of an enslaved gnome at your place of residence. Whether you have come across this gentle woodland creature through deliberate actions or innocent ignorance, we care not...It is now in a better place."
War Stomp 01/26/2004 09:10 PM CST
A previous post got me curious about Stomp and it's effects. Out of the posting Barbarians who have War Stomp, how do you all feel about it? Specifically:

1. Do you see War Stomp as a useful 100th circle guild ability?

2. How often do you use it?

3. When/If you do use it, do you notice any obvious advantages it has over Anger Earth?

I'm just wondering if it's something I should look forward to getting. Thanks in advance.
Re: War Stomp 01/27/2004 03:27 AM CST
<<1. Do you see War Stomp as a useful 100th circle guild ability?>>

Affraid not. I like the idea of stomp... It would be good if it worked better from non melee range and had the possibility of knocking people down like tremor does.

<<2. How often do you use it?>>

Never. My IF is better spent dancing.

<<3. When/If you do use it, do you notice any obvious advantages it has over Anger Earth?>>

No. Other then the negative effect of draining IF.

-- Aegeus TF
Re: War Stomp 01/27/2004 05:30 AM CST
<<A previous post got me curious about Stomp and it's effects. Out of the posting Barbarians who have War Stomp, how do you all feel about it? Specifically:>>

Ha. And that post you are referring to got pulled for being unconstructive...getting people thinking about things is never unconstructive, despite heavy handed censorship :D.

I will now try to be constructive:

How much arguing did you guys do to Veyl regarding the balance changes in combat being as we have 1 dance, 2 roars and our 100th circle ability designed around balance in combat? If you did, were you over-ruled on this decision?

Will our affected abilities be re-examined and possibly tweaked for effectiveness with the combat balance change?

Do you feel war stomp is on par with other guilds 100th circle abilities?

Is there a way that you can set up a counter and see how many people are actually using War Stomp?

Is Damissak or Maelona ever coming back?

Regards
Starkad
Re: War Stomp 01/27/2004 06:49 AM CST
Its public knowledge that Damnissak was fired. Thats what everyone told me at least. Nothing is known to me about Maelona. Extensive vacation perhaps?
Re: War Stomp 01/27/2004 11:02 AM CST
<<Its public knowledge that Damnissak was fired. Thats what everyone told me at least.>>

His resignation letter was on several websites since it was pulled off the DR boards.

<<Nothing is known to me about Maelona. Extensive vacation perhaps?>>

Leave of absence is the official term.

Actually that last question of mine was more of a smartypants question since the work they did in the whole Magic 2.0/BMR has been pissed away via pathways (not to mention the stress they suffered on the mages boards).

Starkad
Re: War Stomp 01/27/2004 11:19 AM CST
He tried to resign but was fired. He was told...you can't resign...yer fired. I know from a good source it wasn't a resignation heh
Re: War Stomp 01/27/2004 11:50 AM CST
<<He tried to resign but was fired. He was told...you can't resign...yer fired. I know from a good source it wasn't a resignation heh>>

I have heard both sides of the story from Solomon and Damissak (hear both sides of the story and the truth lies somewhere in between). I guess they must have been lying since you have a good source though. At the end of the day it was silliness between two stubborn men that has left the realms a little less brighter.

Cheers
Starkad

P.S. To quote Damissak's resignation letter "I'ld imagine lots of other rumors will abound."
Re: War Stomp 01/27/2004 11:51 AM CST
What the truth exactly is he is gone and its in the past. I don't really care anymore cuz I am not paid to care. Just telling you what I heard. Whether its truth or not remains to be seen. Prolly best not to discuss this either.
Re: War Stomp 01/27/2004 02:47 PM CST
<<A previous post got me curious about Stomp and it's effects. Out of the posting Barbarians who have War Stomp, how do you all feel about it? Specifically:

1. Do you see War Stomp as a useful 100th circle guild ability?>>

Definately not, sorry to say.

<<2. How often do you use it?>>

Never. Anger the earth is much more effective without draining fire.

<<3. When/If you do use it, do you notice any obvious advantages it has over Anger Earth?>>

No advantages. Disadvantages are that it drains inner fire, doesn't effect anything at missle.

I'm just wondering if it's something I should look forward to getting. Thanks in advance. >>

X-Sassy (still Susie)
Re: War Stomp 01/28/2004 01:43 PM CST
>>Will our affected abilities be re-examined and possibly tweaked for effectiveness with the combat balance change?

Not at the moment.

>>Do you feel war stomp is on par with other guilds 100th circle abilities?

Good question. The proposed 100th abilities for Paladins and Warrior Mages (that I know of) haven't been created. The teleporting ability for 100th MMs certainly seems similar in power. Offhand I'm unaware of others.

>>Is Damissak or Maelona ever coming back?

I don't believe we'll see Damissak back. When Maelona has more time, I expect we'll see her back.

Keep in mind that War Stomp wasn't something that was planned for a long time for Barbs. It isn't part of a line of abilities. It barely involves anything resembling a quest to gain the ability. It ALWAYS works, though to varying degrees. It was something that Damissak said to me, "Hey, there was this neat idea posted on the boards that I think could be cool to make for a 100th level ability. See what you can do." and so I did.

Painbringer Skiori
__
Not liking an answer you're given doesn't mean one wasn't given.

__
Re: War Stomp 01/28/2004 01:56 PM CST
>The teleporting ability for 100th MMs certainly seems similar in power.

Afraid I have to disagree with you there, the MM ability is something very useful and can be very helpful.

Our ability drains a portion of our IF for something that is very limited in power and has now been even more reduced in effectiveness by the recent combat changes.

It's a cool thing, don't get me wrong. I just don't ever see it as something I'll use if and when I make it to 100th.

Ambassador Genneron, of M'riss
Ask me about my Order
AIM: Genneron
Li Tumbra Mir: The Order of the Iron Circle
http://home.comcast.net/~fatherjarle/
Re: War Stomp 01/28/2004 05:02 PM CST
Playing a 100+ MM as well as a 100+ barb I can tell you that the MM uses his teleport ability all the time compared to the barb who has only used it testing or demonstrating it for others.
Re: War Stomp 01/28/2004 05:13 PM CST
>>>The teleporting ability for 100th MMs certainly seems similar in power.

Huh? I don't remember anyone letting slip THAT info.

Blue Fire
Re: War Stomp 01/28/2004 05:14 PM CST
<<The teleporting ability for 100th MMs certainly seems similar in power. >>

No way.. With the changes to shift moonbeam, a 100+ MM can go anywhere he/she wants to in a matter of minutes (Considering theres moons out to use)

Where as I never see a barb using the war stomp ability.... I did try using it when i was dancing w/ 4 war mammoths though like you suggested...the help it gave (if any) was minimal...
Re: War Stomp 01/28/2004 05:17 PM CST
Re: perspective on the MM 100th ability vs. War Stomp.

Noted. I'll keep it in mind.

Painbringer Skiori
__
Not liking an answer you're given doesn't mean one wasn't given.

__
Re: War Stomp 01/28/2004 05:51 PM CST
MUst be nice to be spoiled. I'm still waiting on a 65th or higher perk/buff. I even worry when I get one it will be something fluffy like thrown voice or thug your fellow thief for wearing a OC title. Getting something with some use to it is one of those things I kinda forgot the meaning of. TDPS is about the onlyplus to circling in some guilds.

" GOT BEER "