Prev_page Previous 1 3
Wealth of the Common People. 01/09/2011 01:20 AM CST
Note entirely sure if this is the correct place to ask but it seemed the best bet.

A player and I got into a debate about the common folk of Elanthia. When I role play I try to remember the fact that Elanthia is thriving with life other than actual PC players. People such as teamsters, porters, cobblers, carpenters, hunters, farmers, and so on and so forth.

This player and I began talking about the wealth of so man and he mentioned how a hundred platinum is not worth much these days. I made the off remark that there are most certainly thousands of people who never see a hundred platinum in their lifetime.
(insert long debate)

So I was wondering if there were any recorded documents or such that would give an idea of how much these people common folk make. In my mind I had imagine between 5 to 20 silver a week depending on whatever job one might hold and imagine it highly unlike they would make anything like even 50 silver a week.

Anywho, I was just curious and was hoping someone might have the answer.
Re: Wealth of the Common People. 01/09/2011 11:25 AM CST
5 silver a week wouldn't be that far off. Probably closer to one.

You could take bar prices for food and assume that's a mark up, and then double it and multiply by days in a week and you probably have a rough estimate.
Re: Wealth of the Common People. 10/02/2013 09:44 AM CDT
Have the crafting societies mechanics and the hunting slowdown from 3.0 had an effect on the pricing for player-produced goods yet, or is 'this is the pricing we've always used' still dominating the day in terms of price-setting?

--Wryhk

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." ~Dwight D. Eisenhower
Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/02/2013 09:47 AM CDT
Guess I should have changed the subject before posting...

Have the crafting societies mechanics and the hunting slowdown from 3.0 had an effect on the pricing for player-produced goods yet, or is 'this is the pricing we've always used' still dominating the day in terms of price-setting?

--Wryhk

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." ~Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/02/2013 05:29 PM CDT
The economy has not changed that much because of 3.0, so neither have prices. People still have way too much, so prices not that bad. On top of that, the availability of rare metals has not changed with 3.0. So those prices have not changed.

Abison/Rystien
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/02/2013 09:23 PM CDT
>>Have the crafting societies mechanics and the hunting slowdown from 3.0 had an effect on the pricing for player-produced goods yet, or is 'this is the pricing we've always used' still dominating the day in terms of price-setting?

My shop prices mostly follow "the price I've always used" guidelines. In general though, inflation continues to increase, and the conversion from DR Plat price to RL $ price keeps going down. So if anything, shop prices would be expected to go up, not down.

Apu
_
Respect. Integrity. World Domination.
https://sites.google.com/site/apucorpdr/
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/03/2013 11:10 AM CDT
I find that interesting, as the supply side should be sky-rocketting while the rate of inflation (Delta [delta value of plats / delta time] / delta time) should be decreasing (unless workorder payout is creating more plats than the hunting slowdown removed... or inflation was so rampant that we never even came close to hitting a stable equilibrium... both of which are entirely possible).

--Wryhk

Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/03/2013 03:46 PM CDT
It's a bit much to expect a game economy to behave rationally!

Although I additionally I doubt there's been a significant increase in the number of players interested in providing supply. Anecdotally I feel prices are still increasing.
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/03/2013 04:49 PM CDT
>>or inflation was so rampant that we never even came close to hitting a stable equilibrium

This. 3.0 may have slowed the serious plat farmers down a little bit, but it has in no way halted the economy as people acted like it would. I don't keep track of what I make but I know I can still fill 2 gem pouches up in 8-10 hours of hunting resuscitants and they sell for ~80 plat lirum on average. That is at level for me also, not killing quickly to farm.
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/03/2013 04:51 PM CDT
I will be amazed if prices ever go down on a collective level, even if the rate plats are generated decrease.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/03/2013 10:23 PM CDT
>>inflation was so rampant that we never even came close to hitting a stable equilibrium..

As mentioned above, it is this.

You can slow down plat generation all you want, but there is nothing to buy in this game that drains plats from the game. You can buy items from Simu for $$ (either in the microtrans shop or for payquest prizes), or you can buy expensive items from other players and pass plats around. There is nothing that takes significant amounts of platinum out of the game, so inflation will always continue

Apu
_
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/03/2013 11:48 PM CDT
Nothing... except the gem box!

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/03/2013 11:59 PM CDT
>>Nothing... except the gem box!

The gem box is awesome don't get me wrong, but it does not drain a significant # of plats when it only exists a couple weeks out of the year

Apu
_
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/04/2013 06:04 AM CDT
>>Nothing... except the gem box!

Is the gem box going to be at this year's HE Fest?

"If swords ever cross, the Barbarian shall be the one left standing." - Guild Leader Agonar
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/20/2013 05:47 AM CDT
My estimates based on studying the history of over a decade of auctions and the DRSales plat-dollar exchange rate was that I assumed a yearly 50% inflation rate.

That is a tremendous inflation rate.

>Nothing... except the gem box!

The gem box does not count because it is entirely voluntary and the winner of the prize gets more out of it than was put into it in terms of marketable value items. Last year's prize was absurd and easily worth the hundreds of thousands of plats invested.

The same with auctions.

There is nothing to stop "Hrm, I need X amount of money to "be competitive" in the next auction." X will continue to get bigger and bigger until either it's so high only one person can reach it, there's no one left playing the game, or the game crashes from the stupidly high value of X.

Alright, I'll come out and say it. Yearly wealth removal, percentage-based.

Kaeta Airtag

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/20/2013 11:19 AM CDT
Seeing the number of zeros thrown around in auctions is just flat out discouraging to a newer/lower level player like myself.

Of course it's a very good thing for them to exist, since they remove a large amount of money from the system, but I know there won't be any point in attending for years to come. The coolest stuff is largely reserved for people with many alts and lots of money.
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/20/2013 04:51 PM CDT
>>The coolest stuff is largely reserved for people with many alts and lots of money.

Alts have almost nothing to do with it. You can make much more by running one character than you can running alts.

Abison/Rystien
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/20/2013 05:29 PM CDT
>>The coolest stuff is largely reserved for people with many alts and lots of money.

There was recently a raffle with amazing (auction level) prizes and relatively low buy-ins (50 to 500 plats I think).

I've also seen a few auction-level items go out at the regular (free) raffles at HE. And prizes for the death games can be pretty amazing too (they just require you to risk death).

I'm not disputing you that it can be discouraging, but there are a few other methods for lowbies to find their way into neat stuff. Feel free to IM me at Eyuve or find me in game and I'd be happy to help you strategize how to get the stuff you really want. :)

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/20/2013 09:26 PM CDT
The REAL driving issue on auction prices also isn't purely the amount of money one can obtain IG. There is the marketing of plats for RL currency that allows the most-driven PLAYERS (not characters) to obtain the vast quantities of plats needed to enjoy high-end auctions and less driven players to pick up some extra pocket cash. This is something I do not personally like, though it certainly has it's merits. I think it is detrimental to the game, but I'm in no position to do anything about it, nor would it necessarily be proper even if I were. I guess at the end of the day, my trader did drop some pieces into the cleric's donation box which my nec decided to abscond with, so I imagine my rights to even complain about it are quite limited.

At the end of the day, you are either able to produce insane amounts of plats, you are willing and able to BUY insane amounts of plats from other players for dollars, or you aren't going to take part in the auctions. I, like you, have always been in the third category.

That, however, really doesn't take a great deal away from the game itself. A great many of the things in those auctions end up collecting virtual dust in someone's vault and only see the light of day when they are exchanged for even-more exorbitant sums. They end up being more like someone's private collection of Picasso than real combat advantages. Case in point - ever seen any of the Katanas (I believe a few were added in more recent auctions)? How about the Masamunes (I think 2 exist.. I could be wrong)? They are probably under a mountain of textdust. No one actually fights with them.

--Wryhk

Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/21/2013 12:10 AM CDT
>>They are probably under a mountain of textdust. No one actually fights with them.

For what it's worth, I have one auction item (a luckstone), and a friend has one (a chipper weapon), and they both get used constantly.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/21/2013 07:24 AM CDT
I almost almost almost almost had enough for the multi-language crown last year (of course it was Grey Haven Scrip not Platinum Dokora) I really hope they have multi-currency stuff for the auction this year, and start doing that for the Guild Festival too.

And as far as the multi-language stuff goes, I would have used it, I make regular use of other language assisting things on my characters and I wish I had more.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/21/2013 10:00 AM CDT
>> And as far as the multi-language stuff goes, I would have used it

Just out of curiosities sake, what is a multi-language crown and what does it do?
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/21/2013 10:06 AM CDT
>> And as far as the multi-language stuff goes, I would have used it

>Just out of curiosities sake, what is a multi-language crown and what does it do

Probably talking about something like this :

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Item:Delicate_platinum_diadem_set_with_glittering_black_opals

"Allows you to understand (and speak) all languages. Can use it for 3 minutes every 48 hours.
Use LANGUAGE command to change the spoken language."

Salute a drowned sailor? You ought to brush up on your protocol, Kasto.
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/21/2013 04:28 PM CDT

Let's drop the comparison to RL currency here.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/21/2013 09:05 PM CDT
Yes something like the Diadem

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Item:Simple_crystalline_crown_set_with_sapphires_surrounding_a_ruby

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/22/2013 09:47 PM CDT
<<Alts have almost nothing to do with it. You can make much more by running one character than you can running alts.>>

Well, you can make the most money by running a bunch of HLC alts. That's what the top DR farmers do at least. It's also why HLCs that have the best quick kill for loot abilities; trade for the most money.
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/22/2013 10:54 PM CDT
>>Well, you can make the most money by running a bunch of HLC alts. That's what the top DR farmers do at least.

That's no so much "alts" as just having a bunch of accounts. Generally an "alt" is a lower level character on the same account. But yeah, tomayto tomahto, and the point is there are people out there who control multiple bought 150+ level characters and can farm insane amounts of plats if they want to.

Apu
_
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/23/2013 03:54 PM CDT
faucets without sinks = inflation.

where are out faucets?
mobs - they drop cash/gems/items/armor/weapons
crafting - you make more than it costs to craft items for work orders
trading - 'fake' items are transported from point a to point b, and you're paid

where are the sinks?

repair - when done in a shop or when purchasing the tools to do so
death - coin drops
travel - nominal ferry charges
crime - fees for commiting crimes
attribute training - it costs to increase attributes
citizenship - debt accrues over time

what are the limits of the sinks?

repair-
-based on 'out dated' appraisal value of items. an item can appraise for 1 plat, but be 'worth' 50 to players
death-
-only effects coins on the person, and depart all/depart coin can keep them
travel-
-20 lirums is less than a pair of goblins would drop. it's so low as to be of no consequence, and can be bypassed by most 'older' characters entirely.
crime-
-fines are similarly messed up to travel and appraisal, the fees are too low
attribute training-
-i don't even remember the last time I even THOUGHT about the coin cost to train an attribute.
citizenship-
-entirely voluntary

ways to improve those limits:

repair-
-appraisal prices need to adjust to match what players will pay for items
-repair of rare material items should require a small amount of the primary rare material
death-
-if it doesn't already, should cause significant damage to all worn repairable items
travel-
-could adjust based on the appraisal value of a persons worn items (walking up to a ferry wearing 30k plats worth of stuff should get you over charged by the ferryman
crime-
-fines based on the crime, and modified by characters local bank account + carried coin value (if yer rich in crossings, don't steal there)
attribute training-
-scale by attribute, modified by characters TOTAL bank accounts (costs a little more if you're rich)
citizenship-
-should be required to have a bank account above x, and should increase vault storage limit by modest amount

-all hinges on one big thing: appraisal values.

all items have a few tags(non-all inclusive); weapon, weapon-type, material (weapon tags should include it's 'stats' as a weapon (heavy slice/high durability))

when an item is sold for more than 10% different from it's appraisal value, the 'value' assigned to the tags should adjust as well

ie: a steel scimitar is appraised at 1 plat, but sells on a trader table or by 'barter' for 10 plat.
it's tags are weapon, SE, steel, high slice
those tags should all have a 'value' - which is modified due to the item selling for 10 times it's appraisal. the new appraisal should shift 1/100th closer to the trader table selling price.

encourage the use of 'barter' - allow it to train the appraisal skill, decently, but with a timer (same item gives no skill for 2 days, barter in general gives appraisal skill only once every hour with the same person, allowing barters to different people to still train)
barter should (if it doesn't) train trading for traders

appraisal values compared to craft hall 'stocks' effects the actual sell price of materials at the crafting hall, as well as purchase price of those materials (when selling TO the hall) allowing players to supply the crafting halls

could also open up allowing traders to 'finance' crafting halls - if the trader wants x number of y quality z material items, they can 'finance' the craft hall, and then later go pick up the orders. they'll always get the materials the hall asked for, but now instead of a coin faucet, it's just moving the money from the trader to the crafter, from the crafter to the miner, from the miner to the repairman, from the repairman to the sink of repair materials purchasing.

i'm going to go ahead and post this before it gets TOO TOO TOO long...

feel free to rip it up, it's more a stream of consciousness post anyway

>The shadowling exclaims, "Mana neeto!"
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/27/2013 07:56 AM CDT
>feel free to rip it up

Ok.

>where are out faucets?

OUR faucets. (that's probably about as critical of this as I'll be)

>List 'o sinks.

You forgot non-POS shopping. Voluntary, true, but buying stuff at fests and 24/7 shops does sink money. (Although truthfully, I don't buy ANYTHING from 24/7 shops these days. There's nothing I buy in 24/7 shops that I can't steal for free. Although some things I need in such quantities that I probably SHOULD buy because I'm hampered in how fast I can steal how many I need. Need dozens of gweth chains. Keyblanks can only steal like 7 at a time.

>-i don't even remember the last time I even THOUGHT about the coin cost to train an attribute.

Remember it's 2xTDP cost. and I'm SURE you think about TDP costs, A LOT.

>attribute training-
>-scale by attribute, modified by characters TOTAL bank accounts (costs a little more if you're rich)

This should probably be done. A linear sink is no sink at all when character power/wealth/TDP is on exponential gain.

I've got a 150th MM with 10k TDP, that's only 2 plat or about 15 skins.

>-repair of rare material items should require a small amount of the primary rare material

Now this I'll disagree with on the principle of how are you going to GET tyrium, or diamondhide leather? Keep in mind that there's nothing smaller than 1vol. You need 1 volume of tyrium to fix a 4 volume stabbing sword?

I think the bigger problem is that they set repair prices too low. At the time they were tweaking and retweaking NPC shop repair costs/times, we were desperate for ANYTHING better than the old system of "it got a bit of acid, get it repaired in 60 seconds or it's GONE" and "It'll take 4 hours and 90 kronar to repair that". I think the TIME is ok, (10 minutes is a bit of a wait, but you can do something to amuse yourself that long without getting frustrated) but the price is too cheap by a factor of 2-3.

I wore a full set of moonsilver cloth to the damage cap (which for those who don't know is WAY beyond "battered and practically destroyed", that's probably only about 40% the way there) to see how bad the repair bill was on such expensive gear. The repair time/cost was to be, well:

Randal says, "It will cost 196486 Kronars and take 10 roisaen to repair some quilted Elven silk gloves decorated with blued moonsilver, a target shield, a quilted Elven silk hood crisscrossed with blued moonsilver and a quilted Elven silk hauberk shimmering with blued moonsilver.

I took the time to train up tailoring to get repair techs, and it wound up being about 85 seconds per item and practically free to repair that myself with needle and thread and slickstone.

But 20 plat after hours and hours over a week of hunting in armor worth in excess of 3000 plat? In that time I've killed hundreds of plat worth of critters.

In contrast, more common sense appraisal value items like nightmare leather sets and such are only a few gold or maybe up to 2-3 plat.

>travel-could adjust based on the appraisal value of a persons worn items (walking up to a ferry wearing 30k plats worth of stuff should get you over charged by the ferryman
>-appraisal prices need to adjust to match what players will pay for items

The big problem I have with your proposal though, is that it hinges on checking appraisal value by item. Is that per ITEM, or per UNIQUE item? Like if 50 nightmare leathers get traded back and forth for 3k plat each by other people who I may not even know, does that jack up the value of the nightmare leathers I've owned for the last 2 years and never left my body?

Also, there would be a lot of system resources eaten up by these checks. And THEN you're going to have to change EVERY item that's now changing a value. That cannot be a trivial system change, given how RARELY they change appraisal values on items. Does it include altered items that are now no longer a generic "nightmare leathers" (just picking it as a commonly available item that sells for far more than its appraisal due to the non-IG reasons for its price).

Furthermore, an issue of scaling. There are (presumably) rather cash-strapped characters wearing rather valuable stuff that's "free" from questing, and there's characters wearing identical gear that would think nothing of dropping 10k plat in repairs. The latter are going to "crowd out" the former by being more willing to pay higher repair bills and other "maintenance" costs.

Further cons are that it is a disincentive to wear "common" gear. Although this is kind of offset by the desire to wear "uncommon" gear, like the immense pile of "not quite as good as the best, so no one takes it" stuff that infests so many of the quest loot lists on Elanthipedia. That would be probably be a plus, really, it'd get everyone to stop wearing the same damned armor because it's the best statistically.

Kaeta Airtag

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/27/2013 09:56 PM CDT
A high-powered but expensive alchemy catalyst available only from the society shop (possibly available tied to reknown) could feasibly sink a lot of coins.. particularly if said catalyst had a very low toxicity. This could allow it to replace empath healing with alchemical products, which would be particularly desirable on the islands and would act as a significant coin sink.

--Wryhk

Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/27/2013 10:33 PM CDT
only temporarily;

unless inflation is controlled in a dynamic way, inflation will ALWAYS eventually overcome any steps put in place. if the 'rules' to overcome inflation are static, they'll either not be sufficient, or they won't be used, because it'll be too expensive

yes, this would bring the total coin in game down... until someone complains that the only GOOD catalyst is WAY over priced, and QA forgets WHY it's so expensive, so it's changed, and inflation starts to rise again.

(option to let this idea still work - that uber-catalyst, let at least this one item to by dynamically priced based on the total coin in the realms ; devils advocate, someone will realize this, stockpile it while it's reasonably low, and then sell it while it's high, reducing it's effectiveness as an anti-inflation device)

Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/28/2013 01:59 PM CDT
The reason for using an alchemical catalyst is because alchemy produces expendable products, so there can be a large, constant demand. That will generate a constant coin-sink.

High-cost NPC moon mages that can get people to and from the island for awad plats might help with both mobility and coin-sinking a bit. A 'sales tax' on trader shops may also be useful in coin-sinking. If 10% of all trader sales were collected in 'tax', that would drain a substantial amount of money from the system as well. It would be inflationary by nature, but would also damage production, which is a part of the goal in this case. I would expect that to be atrociously unpopular, but it would help... A lot.

--Wryhk

Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/28/2013 02:07 PM CDT
It could, of course, also be mitigated by making direct player-to-player trades... Good old rule of unintended consequences. Still, it would have an impact.

--Wryhk

Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/28/2013 06:47 PM CDT
the player-to-player trades would only be able to occur while the trader is online.. those times the store is open, but the trader is not there would force the trader to deal with the tax...

this would also be dynamic, though in a slightly more limited fashion... ok, i like the idea.
-the more coin the trader demands for their products, the more the system removes from circulation...the less money is floating around in elanthia, the lower overall prices SHOULD get... and it's not so much punishing the trader, since if the trader charges somewhat more, the person purchasing the item can be seen to have paid some/part/all of the tax themselves, depending on how much of an extra markup the trader applies.

-maybe, while on the topic of stores, allow traders to put 'purchase' orders up as well (can't remember if i actually posted this idea, or if it was in one of the posts i decided sounded more like a rant and subsequently deleted)

a purchase order for something like a 'deed for 200 volume pure steel, quality 99 or better' - or to show the difference, a 'deed for at least 100 volume 95% pure steel, quality 80 or better'
-this could be filled with the same deed as the first suggestion, or with 'a deed showing 100 volume, 95%steel, 5% other, quality 80'. the benifit to the trader is they place the order for the second option, with the same payout for that or the first suggestion, meaning they put down the coin for the minimum they'll accept, and pay just as much for that or for something better, if the seller doesn't mind selling a better deed that they MIGHT find another trader willing to pay more for.

Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/28/2013 11:43 PM CDT
Whole bunch of ideas going on in this thread that aren't necessarily bad, but would annoy lots of people and not even put a dent in inflation. You aren't going to fix anything with mandatory plat sinks or % based taxes on stuff that everyone uses, when the amount of money that various characters can earn per day varies by orders of magnitude.

This game has insane inflation for one simple reason - there is nothing worth buying for in-game coins. Every cool new item is either sold for RL$$ or is part of a lottery-style event where everyone gets equal opportunity (with the exception of two 1-hour auctions per calendar year). If you want to reduce inflation, sell cool items for massive amounts of plats. It's not complicated. I've been saying the same thing since 1998, and it's still the exact same problem, exact same solution that Simu has no interest in addressing.

Apu
_
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/28/2013 11:51 PM CDT
They always seem worried about making stuff available for plats leading to uncontrolled inflation of 'cool stuff.'

What's cool but should be common?
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 10/29/2013 12:14 AM CDT
>>They always seem worried about making stuff available for plats leading to uncontrolled inflation of 'cool stuff.'

Well I don't think it's so much this, but that it cuts into the profits they can make on payquests and microtransactions.

You don't need to release any more "cool stuff" than they already release into the game. If you took all the quest prizes and RL$$ bonding potions and sold them for plats, at the same limited quantity that they are already released at, inflation would be gone instantly. Simutronics' revenue and the game's viability might also be gone though, I don't really know. They don't even attempt to strike any semblance of balance though - nearly 100% of new items are sold for $$ except for two auctions per year

Apu
_
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 11/21/2016 12:43 PM CST
>>You don't need to release any more "cool stuff" than they already release into the game. If you took all the quest prizes and RL$$ bonding potions and sold them for plats, at the same limited quantity that they are already released at, inflation would be gone instantly. Simutronics' revenue and the game's viability might also be gone though, I don't really know. They don't even attempt to strike any semblance of balance though - nearly 100% of new items are sold for $$ except for two auctions per year.

Agree..it's been very disappointing so far.

+Gidske
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 11/23/2016 05:48 AM CST
It would be nice if they had those material grab bags at HE fest (that were purchaseable for tickets) also available for plats. Even if they did something like 250 plat dokoras a bag, it'd suck an obscene amount of coin out of the system. I think one of those per major fest would do the trick. We had a fest in each currency this past year. Having a table with coin grab bags post auctions would do the trick, IMO.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 11/23/2016 09:39 AM CST
Yes, but I'd suggest the bags would need to have one of those, each person that grabs the bag increases the price-tag for their character and/or account by 10%. Not game wide (wonder if that price style increase has been done before).

However maybe with the RNG the 250 platinum dokoras would be enough.

---
DR-SOCHARIS

---
"Phelim, what have I wrought?"
GM NaOHHI
---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 S.V.o.L.t.R
Prev_page Previous 1 3