1 3 Next Next_page
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 12/04/2016 05:23 PM CST
>Yeah-- there was a really cool alteration mechanic during a GS3 fest. You took a basic item and you could apply different prefixes and suffixes to the item automatically. It would be great if this could be done in DR, but on any item, perhaps any item without complex verbs or atmos at first.

A system similar to this exists in Rossman's keep, for creating pike/halberd swappable weapons. It's interesting, but the weapons are pretty lackluster and it takes like a week.
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 12/06/2016 01:45 AM CST
>IMO it's also that the problem is rarely a need to lock faster, but a need to drain faster.

Locking faster (at least, much faster. I don't know that "10X" is appropriate for Mech, but even say it was 3X faster) means that you can stop training a skill and go train more skills. If it didn't take me 30 minutes to train forging AND THEN 25 minutes to train outfitting, I'd probably throw in Engineering. As it is, by the time I lock forge->scholar/play->outfit->climb/outdoor, I'm already clear in forging. This is in the Crossing/Riverhaven area though, in my actual battleground area I can't train athletics or outfitting, and tert combats drain much slower than primary lores.

>I think that your proposed price is several orders of magnitude too low.

I wouldn't say orders of magnitude, but definitely low. IIRC, weren't sessions with KEishalae sold for RMT for something on the order of ~3000 plat each? And even that provoked too high of a response. Although to be fair, Keishalae is a bit of a higher-end alterer. I'd think 3k for a general alterer to 5k would be more reasonable.

That said, could start more or less at your absurd pricing scheme and then bring the cost down until enough alterations are occurring to warrant a stable price by judging how occupied GMs are. If they're being flooded, then raise the price, if they're not, lower the price.

But come on, 100k-1000k plat? That's as stupid as Denoces' gwethings about trying to sell an old antiquated piece of armor for 500k.

>why do you think they only offer customized properties in very limited numbers?

Because those properties are different than an alteration. They're actually affecting the landscape. They have to be accounted for all the time, and they're a lot of work more than an alteration, or even 10 alterations. They're what, 3 rooms of total customization? Plus some amenities added on?

I'd rather see a million alterations than even a hundred of those things.

>T6 (is that the 95 hardness level?)

T5 is 95 hardness level
T6 is 99 hardness

Kaeta Airtag

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Shop Pricing and Player-made goods 12/06/2016 05:13 AM CST
>>T5 is 95 hardness level<<

That one. Also, good post.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
1 3 Next Next_page