Prev_page Previous 1 3
Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/18/2007 04:19 AM CDT
The change to encumbrance is great, but how does it work exactly?

1. Is the racial worn enc. modifier changed to be the same for all as well now? If so is it based off humans?

2. Some races benfitted more from either strength or stamina, how is this handled now? Are both strength and stamina of equal effect now for all races?

Thank you.
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/18/2007 11:29 AM CDT
I've been wondering this as well but didn't get around to posting yet. Clarification or player testing would be helpful.
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/18/2007 08:24 PM CDT
Training costs are the only real racial difference now, as far as encumbrance is concerned. Assuming stats are identical, a Gnome and a Gor'Tog will have exactly the same encumbrance. All other modifiers are gone.

- Ogoh

System Announcement: In order to simplify our mythology for newer players, all gods have been renamed after the Little Rascals. Henceforth, Urrem'tier will be known as "Spanky."
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/18/2007 08:49 PM CDT
I think the question was what are those new standard weights? Did they all get set to the old human ones? I haven't tested since me as a Gnome didn't care beyond that I could carry a bit more. The old ones for human were a base 3 pounds per strength and 2 pounds per stamina, with a step capacity of 6 pounds.

To the OP, it'd be an easy enough thing to test using coins and a newly generated character. Just make sure to log out and back in before checking new numbers to avoid the training bug. I may get around to it myself if I don't have anything else crop up tonight. Heck, if I feel really frisky I may even do a cross-race comparison just to check that things are indeed equal, stat for stat.

-Evran

<<It is important to remember that the one single and solitary common thing that is shared by the myraid of things that annoy you and tick you off and make you upset...is you. --Solomon
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/18/2007 09:06 PM CDT
>I think the question was what are those new standard weights? Did they all get set to the old human ones?

Probably. Since all races now have the same burden-pre-strength(etc. stats). Which would, generally, mean that the racial bonus present for either way (positive or negative) was removed. Which would mean each class was 'human' in stat bonus terms.
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/19/2007 08:59 AM CDT
Anyone run any tests on str vs stam for any of the races?
It will really have an effect on my stat training choices.
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/19/2007 01:41 PM CDT
Is there a burden calculator somewhere? Maybe this will help....

>enc
Encumbrance: None
>withdraw 1 copper
The clerk counts out 1 copper Dokoras and hands them over, making a notation in her ledger.
>enc
Encumbrance: Light Burden
>weal
You have:
10880 copper Dokoras.

Kaldar
42 strength
37 stamina
30 discipline

~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor
Keeper of the CEC
http://www.kynevon.info/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/20/2007 10:32 PM CDT
I'm still kinda upset I had to get rid of a lot of the things I carry, because I became squished after the change. (grumbles)
Tiso
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/21/2007 08:01 AM CDT
>I'm still kinda upset I had to get rid of a lot of the things I carry, because I became squished after the change. (grumbles)

Isn't Tiso a gnome, shouldn't you have been able to carry more?

I'll ask again, was there a burden calculator anywhere? Does anyone else have coin data to post like I did?

Keeper of the CEC
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/21/2007 09:37 AM CDT
I know of no burden calculator, but next time I'm IG I'll repeat what you did with my characters.
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/21/2007 10:02 AM CDT
Race: Elf
Strength : 23
Stamina : 25
5200 copper Lirums.

Race: Gnome
Strength : 15
Stamina : 18
2930 copper Dokoras.
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/23/2007 12:15 PM CDT
Does discipline affect burden?

By the way when I plotted Str+Stam (y axis) v. Coins to Light (x axis) for Hanryu and MELEAGRIS's characters I got a straight line. Of course it's only 3 points.... so yea not exactly helpful for crating a burden calculator but it's good evidence of a simple linear formula.

Keeper of the CEC
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/23/2007 01:16 PM CDT
>i

You have nothing.
>encumbrance

>withdraw 1 copper
encumbrance

The clerk counts out 1 copper Kronars and hands them over, making a notation in her ledger.
>
>wealth

You have:
4470 copper Kronars.

Gnome, 20 strength, 30 stamina
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/23/2007 01:37 PM CDT
>i

You have nothing.

>enc

>weal

You have:
5999 copper Kronars.

>with 1 copper

The clerk counts out 1 copper Kronars and hands them over, making a notation in her ledger.
>enc

>wealth

You have:
6000 copper Kronars.

STR: 25
STA: 25
Race: Rakash

Sadeia.

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/23/2007 06:01 PM CDT
Yes a gnome. Should be able to carry more you would think. My strength is 29 and stamina is 33. I was light burdened before the change and tottering after. So just got rid of the things I really didn't use and back to light again. :(

Tiso
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/23/2007 06:04 PM CDT
Okay today I seem to be burdenless. Hee! Go figure. Guess what ever it was fixed itself overnight. (dances)
Tiso
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 10:01 AM CDT
Some more information I gathered.

Confirmed that 5 copper coins = 1 stone.

Training discipline 1 time allowed Hanryu to carry 2 more stones before reaching light burden. Those of you that have posted info, can I get your Discipline also? If anyone is interested in doing so, this is the data I've been collecting...
Kaldar 42 str, 37 stam, 30 disc 42 str, 37 stam, 31 disc
light 10880 10890
somewhat 12680 12690
burdened 14480 14490
heavy 16280 16290
very heavy 18080 18090
overburdened 19930 19940
very over 21730 21740

Keeper of the CEC
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 10:07 AM CDT
My gnome's discipline is 19, and my elf's discipline is 29.
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 11:03 AM CDT
72 discipline for my gnome
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 12:33 PM CDT
OK, so something isn't quite right. Comparing my kaldar cleric with MELEAGRIS's elf...

Elf 23 25 29 5200
Kaldar 22 16 14 5250

She's worse in every stat, yet can still carry 5 more stones before hitting light burden. I thought the point of the change was all races were supposed to be the same?

Keeper of the CEC
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 12:44 PM CDT
I just doubled checked to make sure I didn't screw up and I still got 5200.
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 01:24 PM CDT
>I just doubled checked to make sure I didn't screw up and I still got 5200.

Thanks!

So I pose the question to the GMs, is the system working as intended? Are "stronger" races still supposed to be getting a carrying bonus, all else equal?

Keeper of the CEC
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 01:45 PM CDT
>So I pose the question to the GMs, is the system working as intended? Are "stronger" races still supposed to be getting a carrying bonus, all else equal?

Sounds like another case where PAFO just doesn't cut it.
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 03:31 PM CDT
How wide is the variance (albeit I doubt you yet have enough data to say one way or the other)? Could it perhaps be a random factor?

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 04:56 PM CDT
Due to the encumbrance panel updates in Plat, the update was not fully rolled into Prime. I have modified the scripts and everything is in prime now. You'll notice a change in burden and the amount you can carry.

-Ssra

"He had a lot to say. He had a lot of nothing to say."
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 05:04 PM CDT
>Could it perhaps be a random factor?

There has never been a random factor to encumbrance. Most likely there was a mistake when converting the races to the new encumbrance calculations.
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 05:16 PM CDT
...and Ssra posts a minute before me. Any chance TF is using incorrect values as well?
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 05:37 PM CDT
>Due to the encumbrance panel updates in Plat, the update was not fully rolled into Prime. I have modified the scripts and everything is in prime now. You'll notice a change in burden and the amount you can carry.

Does this include the panel updated into prime?

Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 06:18 PM CDT
Thanks Ssra.

Here is my new data Hanryu. I'm reposting the stats too because they changed on my gnome.

Race: Elf
Strength: 23
Stamina: 25
Discipline: 29
Weight: 5800 copper Lirums.

Race: Gnome
Strength: 17
Stamina: 18
Discipline: 19
Weight: 4180

Made a slight difference my elf (80 stones), and big difference with my gnome (250 stones). I love the change.
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 06:51 PM CDT
Okay, just checked again with the same results. Sorry about not posting discipline, I didn't know it affected burden.

>enc

>with 1 copper

>enc

>weal

You have:
6000 copper Kronars.

Race: Rakash
Strength: 25
Stamina: 25
Discipline: 25

Sadeia.

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 08:20 PM CDT
Well, wearing all my gear as I normally would for hunting, I used to be just slightly over "Light Burden", and am now at "None" (not sure how far). With all my armor off and in my haversack, I used to be "Burdened" and am now only at "Light Burden". My vault is in Theren, and too full for me to do the naked coin test, but its definately better now than it used to be. This is with an Elothean. Ill check next time I get arrested.

-Master Ndin, off to get arrested.
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 08:30 PM CDT
<<Does this include the panel updated into prime?>>

No, I need to make improvements to the panel. I'm actively working on enhancing the entire SF interface (Point and Click). I just really suck at art so it's a slow process.

<<Live in TF>>

Yes.

-Ssra

Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 09:08 PM CDT
>No, I need to make improvements to the panel. I'm actively working on enhancing the entire SF interface (Point and Click). I just really suck at art so it's a slow process.

I love you. :D
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 09:14 PM CDT
You have:
7679 copper Kronars.

>enc

>inv

You have nothing.
>
with 1 copper
>
>enc

>weal

You have:
7680 copper Kronars.

Str: 34
Stam: 30
Disc: 30
---
>enc

>weal

You have:
7779 copper Kronars.
>with 1 copper

>enc

>weal

You have:
7780 copper Kronars.

Str: 35
Stam: 30
---
enc

>weal

You have:
7929 copper Kronars.
>with 1 copper

>enc

>weal

You have:
7930 copper Kronars.

Str: 35
Stam: 31
---

All tests done as an Elothean, less than 10 minutes from start to finish, include stat trainings. Strength from 34 to 35 gave me an extra 100 coppers, while Stamina from 30 to 31 gave me 150 extra coppers. This is after Ssra's posting about the burden changes.
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 09:20 PM CDT
>>working on enhancing the entire SF interface

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.
_

Moon Magic 101:
"A lethal spell is defined as a spell which, by itself, can cause the death of anyone other than the caster." --GM Armifer
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/24/2007 09:28 PM CDT
Thanks Ssra.

What was the formula you were using, Hanryu?
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/25/2007 06:56 AM CDT
Please, just give us the formula Ssra?

> What was the formula you were using, Hanryu?

Haven't figured it out yet. I figure it's best to start with a linear model though.

# coins to light = (A x Str) + (B x Stam) + (C x Disc) + Y

>Strength from 34 to 35 gave me an extra 100 coppers, while Stamina from 30 to 31 gave me 150 extra coppers.

That leads me to think that A = 100 and B = 150. Now I need someone to check discipline (I'm out of TDPs) and double check A and B on a non-eloth.

Keeper of the CEC
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/25/2007 07:00 AM CDT
<<Please, just give us the formula Ssra?>>

What's the fun in that? [grin]

Seriously though .. maybe. Doubt it. I have to think about it.

It's not hard to figure out really - it's pretty static.

-Ssra

Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/25/2007 07:08 AM CDT
So I played with the formulas some and the model works quite well... but I still have an issue.

# coins to light = (100 x Str) + (150 x Stam) + (2 x Disc) + Y

Where Y is a baseline modifier.

Y for rakash = -300
Y for eloths = -280
Y for gnomes = -258

So, it seems the bigger the race, the less coins they can carry before reaching light burden all else equal. That's strange, right? I need more data points.

I will admit it is kind of fun. But, if say we haven't figured this out in a week, can you think real hard about giving us the formula?

Keeper of the CEC
Re: Specifics of new encumbrance? 09/25/2007 07:17 AM CDT
<<So, it seems the bigger the race, the less coins they can carry before reaching light burden all else equal. That's strange, right? I need more data points.>>

There shouldn't be a difference if the stats are the same. I'll check it when I get home from work -- it's possible I missed something.

-Ssra

"There is always a bigger fish."
Prev_page Previous 1 3