Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 08/22/2012 04:10 PM CDT
>>That aligning I think is where the "The End" thing comes from. Sorcery doesn't trigger that kind of freak out, only Thanatology.

What I was trying to highlight is that no one (other than Necromancers) are literally walking personifications of sorcery. They're attuned to something that just should not be.

So, for all we know, what Moon Mages are interpreting when they look at Necromancers is a physical manifestation of what all sorcery results in, but since sorcery isn't normally people, it's not like they'd get that information when looking at something like Tangled Fate or Blackfire.

It could totally be Thanatology, too, but it's not like there's an obvious answer to what is meant by "The End". Just that it's "The End" and it doesn't seem fun.

That's not me saying "hey, it's not something to be scared of after all!," let alone that people shouldn't be horrified at all. It's just me saying that it's vague enough vision/message to not give a set answer as to why Necromancers turn into a glaring flare about the end of everything, and the only answers provided as to why that might be the case are essentially based on a confirmation bias that Necromancers are evil to begin with.

For example, if a Moon Mage looked at Barbarians and saw "The End," I'm sure that people could reasonably go "well, yeah, of course Barbarians are The End, what with how much Barbarians love fighting and all those dangerous battles and check out how crazy they get when they go berserk!" It doesn't actually answer how Barbarians are "The End," though. It would just be people filling in the blanks with generalized assumptions of who Barbarians are and how those assumptions would lead to that result.

>>I think the issue is degrees. Moon Mages and clerics do horrible things, yet neither of them seems to be associated the End of Everything.

Well, based on whatever crazed visions enter anyone's mind when they try to predict the future about it. Then again, who knows what would happen if a Moon Mage decided to check out the aura of Asketi, or The Hunger, or a Herald, or a dragon, etc...

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 08/22/2012 04:30 PM CDT
>>While we've never been explicit about it, DO does represent something more concrete than the Immortals' mood, though there's a causal relationship there. Consider ROC's messaging (and very existence).

But why don't Immortals just smite all those who dedicate themselves to a High Sorcery right off the bat?

>>Necromancers have been asking "Why me?" for a very long time. If they knew the answer to it they'd probably be a lot better off than they are now.
-Armifer

funny that = >
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 08/22/2012 04:31 PM CDT
It's an interesting argument, however there is one other oddity that is unique to aligning to Thanatology.

You pick up Necromantic taint.

That rather strongly implies that it's the necromancer/thanatology, and not the necromancer/sorcery issue.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 08/22/2012 04:47 PM CDT
>But why don't Immortals just smite all those who dedicate themselves to a High Sorcery right off the bat?

I figure its the cosmic equivalent of flipping off and running a red in front of a criminal investigation officer. He's not traffic (perhaps the clerics and hounds are), but he could still pull you over and give you a hard time if you really miffed him, but all in all he's got bigger things to deal with and figure no matter how hard you immortal wannabes strive to become uber evil you'll never amount to anywhere.
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 08/22/2012 04:49 PM CDT
>>It's an interesting argument, however there is one other oddity that is unique to aligning to Thanatology.

I really do hope someone posts about what a Moon Mage sees when doing that kind of alignment.

>>You pick up Necromantic taint.

True! But I do wonder why.

>>That rather strongly implies that it's the necromancer/thanatology, and not the necromancer/sorcery issue.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least, but the sum of what I was trying to highlight is that no one really knows what makes Necromancers "The End" (it could be sorcery, but it could be thanatology, but it could be divine outrage which can be caused by thanatology or other possible things), why that reason means "The End", or what "The End" actually means itself. My understanding of Moon Mage visions is that they're generally intentionally vague and very open to interpretation. To me, it feels like a lot of the interpretation is being quickly summarized based on the preface that "Well, Necromancers are bad so clearly The End means Necromancers do something bad!" And, ICly, that makes total sense, but you know.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 08/22/2012 05:03 PM CDT
>>I figure its the cosmic equivalent of flipping off and running a red in front of a criminal investigation officer. He's not traffic (perhaps the clerics and hounds are), but he could still pull you over and give you a hard time if you really miffed him, but all in all he's got bigger things to deal with and figure no matter how hard you immortal wannabes strive to become uber evil you'll never amount to anywhere.

I'm a fan of the theory that Immortals aren't as omnipotent as we like to imagine them to be.

Once you become favorless, you're off the grid up until the point where you really start sending out flares.

Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 08/22/2012 05:52 PM CDT
>>I really do hope someone posts about what a Moon Mage sees when doing that kind of alignment.

Pain! A concept erupts from the back of your mind, cold and crushing. For a few, sharp moments you experience The End -- the death of stars and the deconstruction of fate as a metaphysical force.
The death of the universe orbits... something. Some force or some entity. Something you cannot see; that you have an unconscious need not to.
It sees you.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 08/22/2012 05:56 PM CDT
>>It sees you.

That's just awesomely creepy. Kudos.

The Shard Sentinel nods to Alexii and says, "Yes, you may pass."
Alexii says, "Sucker!"
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 08/22/2012 06:23 PM CDT
I hope we get something interesting for the Inner Fire skill.

Fate punches you. Hard.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 08/22/2012 06:28 PM CDT
Hah, awesome. Thanks for sharing it.

Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 08/22/2012 07:09 PM CDT
Side Reel - Align Guild Specific Skill Time!

>align astrology
You see yourself seeing yourself seeing yourself seeing yourself...

>align Empathy
You're sad! But happy! But scared! But excited! But afraid! But lonely! But filled with love!

>align trading
Ayn Rand cackles in the distance

>align theurgy
The Gods laugh at your fate

>align Summoning
Fate is totally on fire!

>align Endurance
Did... you feel that? Huh, nevermind.
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 08/22/2012 07:12 PM CDT
>Fate punches you. Hard.

You focus internally and align yourself for a prediction on Inner Fire.
Pain! As if thousands of roundhouse kicks lodged into your face! For a few, sharp moments you experience The End.
You struggle in futility as you search the skies for portents and insights. The only you can sense, is... something. Some force or some entity. Something you cannot see; that you have an unconscious message deeply ingrained to your mind that: You do not find Chuck Norris.
Chuck Norris finds you.

Remember, Chuck Norris does not advance in circle. The rest of Elanthia just gets weaker.
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 08/22/2012 07:46 PM CDT
>>Beyondisbelief +1

Elvis has left the building.
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 08/22/2012 08:06 PM CDT
interesting. every time my MM has tried to align thanatology he ends up aligning empathy instead. :-(.

and aligning inner fire would presumably result in a alignment to PrimaryMagic <prototype>.

although trader inner magic <before they go lunar> should really be called "inner greed"

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 08/22/2012 09:04 PM CDT
>>interesting. every time my MM has tried to align thanatology he ends up aligning empathy instead. :-(.

Yeah, it got broken awhile back when we fixed a different bug. I've fixed it for prediction 3.0 but it's too enmeshed in other things right now to fix live.

So enjoy your ability to prediction "empathy" while it lasts, because it's going away again as intended.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 08/22/2012 09:18 PM CDT
>I remember having some great conversations with various Moon Mages and Clerics about this, and rather love the notion that the Immortals are actually fundamental aspects of reality that manifest in the form of living creatures.

I strongly recommend Douglas R. Hofstadter's "Gödel, Escher, Bach: an Eternal Golden Braid" for a profound exploration of such concepts. It won the Pulitzer for non-fiction in 1979, and delves into a lot more than just this subject, but it gets there by going from bottom to top, and looping back around, on similar topics.

I like to explain it as such: "What does a mildly myopic mirror see when it looks in a mirror." I can only say for sure what it does not see: it does not see an infinite regress or recursion, but rather a finite portion of what may, in fact, be an infinite regress manifesting "consciousness".

"4.116 Everything that can be thought at all can be thought clearly. Everything that can be said can be said clearly." ~Wittegenstein, 'Tractatus'
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers ::NUDGE:: 08/23/2012 09:54 AM CDT
We're drifting further and further away from the folder topic here, despite some hilarious ideas. Let's try and steer closer to Necromancers instead of other guilds.

Again, think evil cupcake.

Helje
DragonRealms Board Monitor

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MOD-Helje@play.net, Senior Board Monitor Sidatura at DR-Sidatura@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers ::NUDGE:: 08/23/2012 11:47 AM CDT
the guild has been more cookies than cupcakes, although there is that one recipe for elf cake.

That's the difference between the Necromancer guild and Keebler.

Keebler makes cookies "baked by elves".

Necromancers make cookies of "baked elves"....

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers ::NUDGE:: 08/23/2012 01:59 PM CDT

Love it when that happens.

I still just can't except that Necromancers could be considered "Good" by any means. Unless it's the Necro's own twisted view of things. So debate what "evil" is . But the subject is "Good" necromancers. So then , why would anyone want to play a "Good" Necromancer? That's the extent to my spiel .
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers ::NUDGE:: 08/23/2012 02:34 PM CDT
>why would anyone want to play a "Good" Necromancer?

Because it's difficult, and most things worth doing are difficult. What's the fun in being a stereotypical "death to all" evil necro? Who wants to join me in founding the Necro Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too??
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers ::NUDGE:: 08/23/2012 02:35 PM CDT
>>I still just can't except that Necromancers could be considered "Good" by any means.

That's half the fun of it.

I mean, how would someone respond if someone they think is good also ends up being a Necromancer? Or if they're saved by someone who ends up being a Necromancer? Or if they're saved through Necromancy itself! Do all those things result in the person still instantly written off as evil, or does the person have some hesitation over the matter? Are they going to risk the dangers of being associated with that person by not purging the Necromancer, or are they going to try to kill the person who just saved them, or try to find a way to not betray either side?

Fun times!

>>So then , why would anyone want to play a "Good" Necromancer?

I don't think I necessarily play a good one, but for all the reasons above: I just really enjoy the idea of causing that kind of character to character dynamic. The idea of characters being legitimately devastated because they don't know how to deal with the elephant in the room without going against everything they believe in versus an individual they sincerely like is kinda awesome to me.

Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers ::NUDGE:: 08/23/2012 02:59 PM CDT
>I mean, how would someone respond if someone they think is good also ends up being a Necromancer? Or if they're saved by someone who ends up being a Necromancer? Or if they're saved through Necromancy itself! Do all those things result in the person still instantly written off as evil, or does the person have some hesitation over the matter? Are they going to risk the dangers of being associated with that person by not purging the Necromancer, or are they going to try to kill the person who just saved them, or try to find a way to not betray either side?

>I don't think I necessarily play a good one, but for all the reasons above: I just really enjoy the idea of causing that kind of character to character dynamic. The idea of characters being legitimately devastated because they don't know how to deal with the elephant in the room without going against everything they believe in versus an individual they sincerely like is kinda awesome to me.

I can't resist but saying that reminds me of the typical Nice-Guy-Led-on-by-Girl-Who-Said-They're-Just-Friends-but-keep-saying-how-they're-special-making-him-struggle-over-does-that-mean-anything-should-he-get-his-hopes-up-what-should-he-do scenarios.

Oh dang, Purehand must be really a sadistic hot girl from next door behind that comp.
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers ::NUDGE:: 08/23/2012 03:01 PM CDT
>>I can't resist but saying that reminds me of the typical Nice-Guy-Led-on-by-Girl-Who-Said-They're-Just-Friends-but-keep-saying-how-they're-special-making-him-struggle-over-does-that-mean-anything-should-he-get-his-hopes-up-what-should-he-do scenarios.

WHY ARE ALL THE NICE HEROES REALLY JUST NECROMANCERS OUT TO DEVOUR MY SOUL.

STUPID DEATHZONED.

Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers ::NUDGE:: 08/23/2012 03:48 PM CDT
"at the end of the day it was all just a mask
and they'll feed you your puppy, just as twice as fast
by saving your skin to keep the heat off with-in
with-in , well with-in there's just lies a nice little emapth"

There are more options to make the guild difficult. Being a villain doesn't have to entail blasting everyone you see. And the "good" being talked about in the above posts don't appear "actual" good by intention. It's called leverage .
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 09/02/2012 07:42 PM CDT
>I would say that its inconclusive if the Immortals care or not about other cults of Necromancy. Its safer to say that the Immortals, for some unknown reason, don't seem to be doing something about those other Cults. It may be possible that Sidholt and his ilk have demonic or otherworldly protection keeping the Immortals from intervening.

Or that they're getting their collective NPC behinds kicked by the Immortals behind the curtain over the years, setting them back time and again (yet they still slowly progress). How long has Sidhlot been a Necromancer? Centuries? Millenia? That should be time enough to do just about anything that's going to be humanly (or elvenly, heh) possible.

Kaeta Airtag

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 09/02/2012 07:48 PM CDT
>>How long has Sidhlot been a Necromancer? Centuries? Millenia?

Millennia. He's older than what we've pegged as the average life span for dragons.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 09/02/2012 11:32 PM CDT
>>Or that they're getting their collective NPC behinds kicked by the Immortals behind the curtain over the years, setting them back time and again (yet they still slowly progress). How long has Sidhlot been a Necromancer? Centuries? Millenia? That should be time enough to do just about anything that's going to be humanly (or elvenly, heh) possible.

Wow , + 100 post. I wonder what you think of such a thing as a "Good" necromancer ?
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 09/03/2012 06:25 AM CDT
>I wonder what you think of such a thing as a "Good" necromancer ?

The same as the mainstream, I suppose. I actually answered this elsewhere I think in a thread something to do with population. But basically the ultimate goal of the Necromancer is something which is unnatural and innately selfish (Immortality of the self at least, if not the race) and therefore evil. No matter how nice guy the Necromancer is (and I would probably be a pretty nice and personable guy), a road to hell paved with good intentions is still a road to hell.

I think Damnation does not come from doing, I think it comes from when you tip over the event horizon and you refuse to acknowledge that what you are doing is WRONG. So even my 16th circle Necro who isn't even forsaken is already damned. And I don't even intend on making him forsaken. (I'm just going to level to 40 because I want to see the fireworks that is BLB).

That said, I am certain in predestination and think probably that if MM see "the End" when percieving a Necro, then eventually, sometime, somewhere, a Necro does go off, breaks through the divine system, and the universe unravels.

Top 4 Guilds I play, in circle order:
(Trader)
Moon Mage
Empath
Cleric

Kaeta Airtag

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 09/03/2012 06:58 AM CDT
Interesting post Kaeta, however. At 70th circle, I'm still unsullied and my character is wrestling with the pursuit of immortality. Eventually, he'll ease into madness and lose sight of the fact that what he's doing, and how he's doing it... is wrong.

Before you go after BLB, make sure you have a LOT of magic. It's a very difficult spell to cast. I have it, but couldn't cast it when I first got it, and haven't tried since. Vivisection is very nice.

Elvis has left the building.
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 09/04/2012 02:56 PM CDT
I thought of a good analogy. Elanthia is like the movie The Island. Everyone thinks that when you win the lottery and get to go to the Island, you're going to the last uncontaminated spot on the planet. But (spoiler alert!) you're really just going to be killed so that the person they cloned you from can use your organs. So in DR, we're all just food/resources to the Immortals, who put on a bit of misdirection to keep us from fighting back.
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 12/06/2012 06:50 AM CST
Yep. Thus the necromancers can think they are doing good when they perform preserve and other shtuff like that, and if all society would believe that gods are wrong, then they would welcome necros with open arms. However society is blinded, necromancers are "not" blinded in their choices, and there can be the "good" necros who can believe that even though it is wrong of the gods, it is their right as immortals. There can be the bad necros who wish to play god. There can be the philosophers who don't raise dead, but don't like the gods either.
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 12/06/2012 07:03 AM CST
>However society is blinded, necromancers are "not" blinded in their choices, and there can be the "good" necros

It's not really complete dogma that necromancers unravel the very fabric of the universe. They do. And their actions have a significant chance to bring about the end of everything in existence. It's real lore, not just 'people think that' lore.

So the necromancer hate? It's justified.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 12/06/2012 08:15 AM CST

>Thus the necromancers can think they are doing good when they perform preserve and other shtuff like that, and if all society would believe that gods are wrong, then they would welcome necros with open arms.

Performing Preserve isn't the equivalent of embalming someone so they look pretty at their funeral. Every ritual we do is a 'neccesary evil' along our path to the Great Work. While the Great Work can have good intentions ("I will bring Immortality to everyone! I will cure all disease! I will eliminate our need to eat! I will grant us all powers the Gods have denied us!"), the road getting there is paved with the lives of the innocent.

That's the point; any given guild may produce bad people, Barbs who murderize, Traders who turn their empires of profit on he backs of orphan coal miners, etc, but ONLY the Necromancer guild REQUIRES it of you. Your intentions may be good as a Necromancer, but make no mistake about it; by training Thanatology, you are practicing your craft by harming the innocent.

Remember this vision?
A crimson design etches across the air in front of you. Its origins are foreign, but a powerful desire accompanies it: it means everything you want, every possibility realized.
"You're forgetting something."
You stand in front of an iron table, scalpel in hand. Lying on the table is a half-naked Elf, unbound yet seemingly paralyzed. She stares up at you with wide, tear-brimmed eyes, while her breaths are accompanied with gasping, plaintive whines. Standing opposite of you is an elderly Human man in homespun clothes.
The Old Man says, "Glory. Immortality. Transcendence. Every promise that has been made is true. It's all hidden inside there," he looks down at the captive Elf, "Waiting for you to dig it out."
He returns a flat, expressionless gaze to you, "The moral dilemma isn't that necromancy demands a terrible price, but that you aren't the one that pays it. Are you worth her life?"
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 12/06/2012 08:37 AM CST
<<It's not really complete dogma that necromancers unravel the very fabric of the universe. They do. And their actions have a significant chance to bring about the end of everything in existence.<<

That is what Moon mages see when they perceive a particularly DO-laden necro <such as Lyras>

However ... there would be those who counter-argue the following : Sidhlot and other necromancers have been around for thousands of years, and the universe hasn't died YET from their doings. So as long as one doesn't align oneself with universe-ending type of demons like the hunger....

An arisen dummy zombie bellows, "You will all be ssslaughtered!"
>
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 12/06/2012 09:21 AM CST
>>Every ritual we do is a 'neccesary evil' along our path to the Great Work.

Keep in mind that although we players acknowledge that kind of stuff as necessary evils, it doesn't mean our characters necessarily see it as evil.

>>That's the point; any given guild may produce bad people ... ONLY the Necromancer guild REQUIRES it of you.

To me, the tricky part of playing a Necromancer is coming to terms with the character-side, where this is correct, and the player-side, where the concepts of good/bad are a bit more ambiguous and open for debate. It's entirely possible to play a "good" Necromancer. The only issue is that kind of view works well as a character profile, but that doesn't mean the game would necessarily care/respond to that character in a positive manner.

DR isn't as hard-ruled as AD&D, where Paladins must be Lawful Good and so on. There's no hard line "Necromancers must be on the evil spectrum" rule in DR. The only issue is that, despite being able to fall anywhere on the good/evil spectrum, that doesn't translate to an expectation that anyone in society would necessarily care.

>>Remember this vision?

I think it was Armifer who pointed it out, but think of that vision, and then think of every player who killed non-animal mobs with a rather blasé attitude. How many moon mages exploded louts on the way to their guild, how many times were madmen killed around Dirge/west of Crossing, etc. The heroes of DR society probably have an incredibly demented view on the world compared to the unheard/unwashed masses in the game.

>>That is what Moon mages see when they perceive a particularly DO-laden necro

Keep in mind that Moon Mage visions are heavily symbolic and, most likely, tainted by their own internal biases.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 12/06/2012 10:19 AM CST
In discussions like these it is important to keep the points of view clear:

DR society at large, the unwashed masses etc.:

Necromancers are just about the most evil thing possible. Half of what they know (maybe more) is utter rubbish, but they just don't care. Every other horror afflicted by necromancers aside Lyras was responsible for slaughtering something like 1/3rd of the entire population. And then raising them from the dead to attack their loved ones. We're talking horrors that dwarf anything Hitler and Stalin did combined.

PCs:

Whatever you want. You can have a PC who loves necromancers. You can be a necromancer who views himself as a savior, or a good guy, or just misunderstood. That's all fine, good RP even. Society isn't going to care... but, hey, it is what it is.

Players:

This is where we need to separate what your character believes and what you believe. Necromancers are never, ever, good guys. They just aren't. They can commit good acts, they can strive for redemption and so forth, but the things they do are fundamentally wrong and harmful to the IG universe and canonically Necromancers are all mass murders at best and at least somewhat insane. The process of becoming a necromancer fundamentally breaks you.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 12/06/2012 11:05 AM CST
I understand the point that what your character KNOWS is different from what is actually going on/you the player knows. So, I can accept the notion that a Necromancer thinks they're doing good deeds, and that hacking up those corpses is saving them, or their brethren later. I was responding to Lady-Mechanic who seemed to be implying (I may have read that wrong) that her Necromancer is a good guy, or at least, that it is possible for a Necromancer to be a good guy.

The moral dilemma of thinking that what you're doing is ultimately for good is what makes this guild so interesting; the Great Work might serve a greater good, and it might even be pursued because your character wants to bring a net 'good' to Elanthia. It just needs to be remembered that what you're doing to get there is distinctly 'not good'. The whole 'ends justify the means' thing.
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 12/06/2012 12:29 PM CST
Wow, I remember this conversation .
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 12/06/2012 12:52 PM CST
>>The process of becoming a necromancer fundamentally breaks you.

It would be nice to see this bubble up more often time to time.

Not to have this end up biting me in the butt, but I do feel that there's a notable lack of signs that you're fundamentally broken. My character's dealings with insanity are generally inflicted on her by my own accord.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Moved Discussion - Good Necromancers 12/06/2012 01:16 PM CST
"Though the nightmarish illusion seems to be fading somewhat, at the corners of your eyes you still occasionally glimpse cracks in the spaces between reality. With both anticipation and dread you realize that the way you view the world has forever been changed."

I was always under the impression that the biggest push to a necromancers sanity happened with the tuning . Which is somewhat more physical then spiritual.