1 2 4 Next Next_page
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/13/2011 05:51 PM CST
Just a check that I'm reading this correctly as I don't think anyone has asked yet... If AD gets the status effects recovery added, it'd function pretty much like Awaken only with the addition of reflex/balance? In that case, would there be a point in casting Awaken in addition to AD?

Also, adaptive curing... What is the difference between casting this spell and pre-prepping FP or CD before transfer? Will it pulse over time without needing to cast a FP/CD over and over again?

As for guardian spirit poll, I'm going with #3 also.

~ Player of Lyathe / Saslisena
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/13/2011 06:03 PM CST
AD/Awaken - AD only has a chance of eliminating those effects whereas Awaken always reduces the duration, so if AD doesn't kick in you'll still have a benefit. Also, AD is cyclic so AD gives options when using a different cyclic spell.

Adaptive Curing - This will have battle application.

-Evran

Gay, geeky, and a little bit cheeky.
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/13/2011 06:04 PM CST
erm... Awaken will give options, etc.

-Evran

Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/14/2011 10:36 AM CST
I've got a bit of a question about Regenerate. Right now, it heals one injury by a small amount every 5 seconds. Having cyclic spells gobble up mana every 5 seconds sounds pretty unplayable, though, so I'm assuming they'll pulse more slowly than that. Will it heal all of the caster's injuries by a small amount on each pulse, then? What sort if time between pulses are we looking at for cyclic spells?

Thanks,
-Death's Nemesis Karthor
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/17/2011 09:08 PM CST
Just one question from me.

If I cast another cyclic spell with an avenger up will the avenger poof or do I need to remember to tell him to fly away? The reverse situation?
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/17/2011 09:22 PM CST
If its like enchantes, which cyclic is modeled after, you'll have to manually stop one cyclic spell in order to cast another. That said, Bards have been requesting for ages that starting a second enchante would automatically replace the first. Hopefully this is how it will work.

-Evran

Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/20/2011 03:14 AM CST
>>>>In essence, if the CJ/links wear off, will the GS suddenly be weaker or will it stay the same strength as the initial cast?

>>Yes.

>>Melete

I think my brain just exploded. How do you answer a question involving an 'or' with a 'yes'?
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/20/2011 03:27 AM CST
Something tells me that since it's a cyclical spell (hopefully Off = to TM :) .. that the yes was to the former, not the latter.
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/20/2011 04:02 AM CST
You didn't read the whole post. The important part is at the bottom.

>>P.S. - Yes, it will boost the avenger on the initial cast, and no, it won't cause the avenger to return to normal strength when the CJ wears off. Sorry, that was just my homage to Royce.
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/20/2011 04:17 AM CST
>>You didn't read the whole post. The important part is at the bottom.

>>>>P.S. - Yes, it will boost the avenger on the initial cast, and no, it won't cause the avenger to return to normal strength when the CJ wears off. Sorry, that was just my homage to Royce.

Ahh, I guess that's what happens when you add PS after your signature. Clever, but not in best interests online. I see it now, but when I see your name, I really care less after that for the most part.
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/20/2011 05:05 AM CST
>>Ahh, I guess that's what happens when you add PS after your signature.

:psyduck:

>>I see it now, but when I see your name, I really care less after that for the most part.

Maybe this will teach you to read the whole post?

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/20/2011 05:29 AM CST
>>Fool

Not part of the post in my opinion. You can duck whatever you want.
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/20/2011 05:46 AM CST
>>Not part of the post...

Out of curiosity, what do you think PS is used for, and why wouldn't you consider it part of a post (or letter, or email, or book, or paper, etc).

>>...in my opinion.

Ah, here's the problem. Maybe you should try to confirm to the majority definition, instead of inventing your own? It might go along way into helping you understand things.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/20/2011 06:03 AM CST
Not trying to waste my time on a moron, but a signature is that... a signature. With how online works, everyone puts their meaningless crap after it, automatically most times. So PS is pretty much useless now-a-days, unless you would like to add it before your name. Hope you get a time machine to travel to where you belong. I am done.
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/20/2011 06:12 AM CST
I won't quote your post since my guess is it'll likely get pulled, but, people in glass houses...

I find it funny you seem to be bent on slighting my own intelligence, yet I can somehow manage to read a post in it's entirety.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/20/2011 06:16 AM CST
>>I find it funny you seem to be bent on slighting my own intelligence, yet I can somehow manage to read a post in it's entirety.

Maybe you should change your tone and not be condescending and maybe I wouldn't feel the need to attack your intelligence
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/20/2011 06:51 AM CST
>>Maybe you should change your tone and not be condescending and maybe I wouldn't feel the need to attack your intelligence

I tell you what, I'll make a deal with you.

You stop blaming other posters for your lack of understanding what they're posting (because you don't read the whole post), and I won't be condescending to you.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/20/2011 10:54 AM CST
Guys, as excited as I always am to see such passion in the Empath folders, it might be best to take this disagreement to one of the forum's many conflicts folders, as this seems to have little to do with the Empath guild.

Melete
[Turmis] I'm about to shoot beards in the face
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/20/2011 11:03 AM CST
Look what you started, Melete!

Hurray, a conflict! :-D
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/23/2011 07:42 AM CST
Pwned by the postscript. Nothing to see here.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/25/2011 02:03 PM CST
How will these spells affect Shocked Empaths?
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/25/2011 02:23 PM CST
>How will these spells affect Shocked Empaths?

With the shock re-write in place, the on-off switch is gone and it becomes increasing more difficult to cast the spells up to the point of Complete Insensitivity. At least that was the last statement made on the subject.
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/25/2011 04:09 PM CST
As a shockopath the only spells in my inventory that I'm unable to utilize are "Guardian Spirit" "Heart Link" and "Nissa's Binding"

Am I correct in assuming these will be the only spells affected by the rewrite, or will all empath spells be hindered with Shock?
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/25/2011 07:20 PM CST
>>Am I correct in assuming these will be the only spells affected by the rewrite, or will all empath spells be hindered with Shock?

https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=23&topic=2&message=4700

It hasn't been decided yet. But there are more spells, at least currently, that are affected by shock.

Melete
[Turmis] I'm about to shoot beards in the face
Re: Tentative Empath Magic 3.0 Spell List 02/25/2011 08:06 PM CST
I appreciate the prompt response.

My empath, oddly enough, is not much of a Healer.
The following is a list of his spells:

Vitality Healing
Heal Wounds
Heal Scars
Blood Staunching
Flush Poisons
Cure Disease
Refresh
Raise Power
Paralysis
Lethargy
Sphere of Protection
Innocence
Guardian Spirit
Heart Link
Nissa's Binding
Awaken
Aggressive Stance
Energy Bolt
Ease Burden
Strange Arrow

I've only recently started playing again, so pardon the Rust.

Of the spells posted, a Shockopath cannot utilize:
"Raise Power"
"Guardian Spirit"
"Nissa's Binding"
"Heart Link"
1 2 4 Next Next_page