1 2 3 5 Next Next_page
Re: After a LONG absence.... 04/01/2010 08:23 PM CDT
I remember you! Welcome back you old dog.

~Valynn (ranger alter ego of Khestryl)

___

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition."

- Henry V, William Shakespeare
At long last... 08/13/2010 10:47 AM CDT
After being gone for about 6 years, I am now able to return :)

I found Honor, and Respect and know what they are. I rediscovered Roleplaying and am considered a master by those who play with me table-top :)

I hope to return and have a lot of fun, and ditch all those gift boxes. LoL.
Re: At long last... 08/13/2010 10:49 AM CDT
Woo-Hoo! Welcome back!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: At long last... 08/13/2010 11:27 AM CDT
No idea who you are but Welcome Back :P

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: At long last... 08/13/2010 03:17 PM CDT
Sircha Rankmere :), OOC: character created on February 16, 1996.
Re: At long last... 08/13/2010 04:22 PM CDT
>Sircha Rankmere :), OOC: character created on February 16, 1996.

Pretty sure you don't have to specify for the OOC on the forums ;) Welcome back! If you find my character in game, say hi.

Bella
>>There are 7 levels of hell, she said, & I think one of them is reserved for people who bring jello salads to every potluck they go to.
Re: At long last... 08/13/2010 04:31 PM CDT
Welcome back Sircha! :)
Re: At long last... 08/13/2010 05:54 PM CDT
Oh wow, I totally remember that name. You were like, uber when I was only 20th circle. Good to see you back.

__
~Leilond
Re: At long last... 08/13/2010 09:17 PM CDT
>>Oh wow, I totally remember that name. You were like, uber when I was only 20th circle. Good to see you back.

Only I think I was still rolled as a MM when I remember Sircha being an uber-Bard. When I couldn't predict what I was thinking at the present moment, they threw me to the Bard's guild.

- Terra
Raesh gives Terra wings. And then rips them off and beats her with them.
Re: At long last... 08/14/2010 12:00 AM CDT
Its great to see a familiar face return to us. Hope to catch you at the Guild sometime!

Regards,
Vteec
Re: At long last... 08/14/2010 02:23 AM CDT
I still possess the satchel.

* Malik was just struck down!
Re: At long last... 08/14/2010 04:15 AM CDT
Well after being in game for six hours, I have to say it's totally lost it's appeal. The game I knew and loved has died. The game that exists now is not as it was, and as such I have no place in it. :( Maybe I'll play for a little while longer, but surely not beyond the 1 month subscription. I am so very bitterly disapointed and sad with the direction development has taken.

Sincerely yours,
Sircha
Re: At long last... 08/14/2010 05:17 AM CDT

Hey there Sircha, lots of older players returning with the amazing changes in both gameplay and policy. Remember that things are a bit more stringent as far as roleplay goes, players are making more of an effort to maintain character and reminding each other that OOC is not tolerated on the gweth or in conversation. Add to that the fact that GMs are taking less of a "babysitting" approach to assists and it is really making the realms a place for real roleplay! Good to have you back and have fun!
Re: At long last... 08/14/2010 07:09 AM CDT
I'm very sorry to hear that.

If you don't mind would you be willing to discuss some of the development changes that have turned you off so fast? We can't work to address problems if they aren't identified.

-Raesh
Re: At long last... 08/14/2010 11:10 AM CDT
Eh, it's always weird to get back into the game when you've been gone awhile. You don't have any of the personal relationships that you had before you left, the mechanics are unfamiliar, etc. I think it's kind of misguided to say you don't like recent dev. Especially since the vast majority of everyone that's been playing thinks things are going in a very positive direction.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: At long last... 08/14/2010 11:36 AM CDT
I'd also be interested in knowing what the problems are.

I think maybe the biggest thing is all the change. Change is jarring, especially when you expect one thing and you come back to something else. But trust me, development has never been better and DR is going in such an amazing, positive direction and I think if you stick around you will agree.

It sounds like you had a very negative experience with a player to start things off, that can immediately stick a bad taste in your mouth of course. But just remember that those types of players have always been here and they always will, you can only do so much to stop them. The new PROFILE system allows players to choose their level of PvP interaction.

News 5 15
News 5 25
News 5 31

Those are all good reads regarding the PvP policy and your rights as a player. Hope you stay, some of the older players really keep the magic alive for me.

- Terra
Re: At long last... 08/14/2010 12:28 PM CDT
After witnessing the events at the NE gate last night (I don't wear gweths in Prime) my guess is this frustration is solely with social development, not technical development.

GENT
Re: At long last... 08/14/2010 12:57 PM CDT
Dear Raesh,

Favors, In the past it took me 4-5 hours of experience to earn each favor I had, especially after I had earned 20 favors.

Yet I get killed and lose 5 favors per death now.

I died three times last night to PK's, I had 26 favors when I first returned. By rights, I should have 23 favors now, but I only have about 10 left. At the current rate of loss I have 2 deaths left before I walk the starry road after all those experience sacrifices I made.
Re: At long last... 08/14/2010 12:59 PM CDT
You can't walk anymore.
Re: At long last... 08/14/2010 01:01 PM CDT
Pst. You can't walk anymore.

Necromancy brings out the Stupid in us all. -Armifer
Re: At long last... 08/14/2010 01:02 PM CDT
well, it only costs 2 favors to depart with your items.

and you cant walk anymore. but by all means, stay pvp open you'll make friends fast. :)

You turn a deep ebony lockpick case set with smooth onyx plates labeled "Graverobber" in the light, admiring it.
Re: At long last... 08/14/2010 01:07 PM CDT
>>Yet I get killed and lose 5 favors per death now.

If you just "depart," it still costs one favor. There are options on top of Depart that can make things easier at the cost of more favors. As I recall they are:
Depart Coins - Keep your coins, items go in grave. Costs 2 Favors.
Depart Items - Items come with you, coins are lost. Costs 2 Favors.
Depart All - Coins and items come with you. Costs 3 Favors.
If you get a Glyph of Warding, the favor cost is reduced by 1.

Walking the Starry Road does not happen any more. Instead there is a penalty (known as Death's Sting) to your skills and stats that follows you after coming back to life. The severity and duration depends on how many favors you have compared to your level. Try to maintain at least 1 Favor per 10 circles to keep the minimum death penalty.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

Faerie tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know dragons exist. Faerie tales tell children that dragons can be killed.
- G.K. Chesterton
Re: At long last... 08/14/2010 01:22 PM CDT
You shouldn't be losing 5 favors per depart in any case; That does sound like a very nasty bug. Have you assisted in the matter?

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: At long last... 08/14/2010 03:26 PM CDT
I really understand the hardships coming back. It's not only the changes to depart. I've been around for a little while and I'm still undecided on those. I understand why people would hate to lose their characters to death, on the other hand it somewhat cheapens death and that in itself affected the RP. To me however the most daunting change was the implemetation of TM into pretty much anything magical that causes damage (Just look at the pyre combustion aspect). I'm not looking to reopen that debate, just saying that I can relate.

Re: At long last... 08/14/2010 04:47 PM CDT
When you steal, as you did from someone at the NE gate, it automatically puts you to PVP Open. I'm sure you were unaware of this, but that is what happens now.

Also, I OOC whispered you to let you know that my character is not as nice as her player, but you didn't respond so I provided no further assistance. I don't think bossing around three players that are helping you get rezzed is the way to go when it comes to social matters. It completely put me off when you started telling me what enchantes to sing while you were getting healed, and it was even worse that you were completely wrong. Your character might be older than mine, but please. I know how to play my Bard.

And just so it's known, saying "He should be shot in the face with a shotgun" out loud in response to a PVP interaction with another character is entirely OOC (unless we have shotguns and I'm unaware...) and part of the reason why there was a crowd of PC's in hiding waiting to kill you as soon as you were rezzed.

I understand that coming back may be hard, and I'm sorry that your first experience back was not pleasant. In the future though, as I told you before in game, if you are not open to being killed, I would ignore those who goad you. There are plenty of ways to RP without dying if that's what you like to do. As a side note: don't carry coin on you while foraging or braiding at the NE gate unless you're open to losing it - it's a known stealing haven for thieves.

Bella
>>There are 7 levels of hell, she said, & I think one of them is reserved for people who bring jello salads to every potluck they go to.
Re: At long last... 08/14/2010 05:16 PM CDT
Props to the player of Belladulce for what looks like handling a horrible IG situation that bled out to the boards in a dignified, respectable manner. That not only takes a lot of patience, but it takes the bigger person to post in such a friendly, constructive manner.

Kudos!

- Terra
Re: At long last... 08/14/2010 05:23 PM CDT
Yes, kudos indeed.

__
~Leilond
Re: At long last... 08/14/2010 05:42 PM CDT
I met Belladuce the other night.

She has my tentative "Bard I Don't Hate" stamp of approval.

__
AIM: Ysselt
Re: At long last... 08/15/2010 12:28 AM CDT
>>She has my tentative "Bard I Don't Hate" stamp of approval.

Hehe, that is kind of funny.

Re: At long last... 08/15/2010 12:35 AM CDT
Hey now you said I was going to get the next stamp!

Of course that'd involve counting myself as a Bard. Hmmm.

-Raesh
Re: At long last... 08/15/2010 01:04 AM CDT
You totally get my special "Oh, God a LORE GM" stamp. That also includes a free drink at the next Simucon of your choice.

__
AIM: Ysselt
Re: At long last... 08/15/2010 09:51 PM CDT
I'm thinking Raesh gets free drinks from many of us if we ever meet :)
Re: At long last... 08/15/2010 11:28 PM CDT
Assuming I make the con next year I give myself 50/50 odds of dying from alcohol poisoning without ever buying myself a drink. The other half of the time I'm killed by a mob of angry Bards. We'll see.

-Raesh
I'm back... 10/16/2010 01:53 PM CDT
...so you can go ahead and release the Tentative Bard Spell List 3.0 now. Kthxbye!

-Evran
Re: I'm back... 10/16/2010 02:03 PM CDT
::LOL!:: Welcome back, Evran! And hold onto your hat: Bards are going on a wild ride!

Re: I'm back... 10/16/2010 02:28 PM CDT
LOL!

Welcome back!

If that's what they were waiting for...go ahead already!

~Faih

Three things that make a bard:
Playing of the lute
Knowledge of ancient lore
Poetic power.
- adapted from the Triads
Re: I'm back... 10/16/2010 03:23 PM CDT
Welcome back, brotha'.

__
~Leilond
Re: I'm back... 10/16/2010 03:29 PM CDT
Welcome back. Never known you personally, but it's great to see a recognizable name return.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
1 2 3 5 Next Next_page