Re: Goin' to the chapel... 08/04/2007 07:31 PM CDT
Congratulations! Happy Wedding Day!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Goin' to the chapel... 08/10/2007 03:39 PM CDT
Congratulations, Courtney!

May your marriage be a source of joy, peace, strength, and a loving refuge.

-V.

"Reject me not, sweet sounds! oh, let me live,
Till doom espy my towers and scatter them.
A city spell-bound under the aging sun,
Music my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Re: Doing sorta ok, here in Minnesota... 08/10/2007 03:40 PM CDT
Glad to hear y'all are okay!

That was just plain scary to hear about down here - I can't imagine what it would be like to live and drive in the area.

-V.

-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Hmmmm... Maybe? 09/08/2007 05:18 AM CDT
I could be.

I might be.

Possibly be?

Aw, [CENSORED}].

I'm back!

(I think.)

Daerri; the player of,

I divide my time as follows: half the time I sleep, the other half I dream. I never dream when I sleep, for that would be a pity, for sleeping is the highest accomplishment of genius.
--- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Hmmmm... Maybe? 09/08/2007 07:11 AM CDT
Welcome back.

__
~Leilond
Re: Hmmmm... Maybe? 09/08/2007 03:15 PM CDT
Voluntarily? Or court ordered?

Robo

The internet? Is that thing still around?

-Homer Simpson
Re: Hmmmm... Maybe? 09/08/2007 03:45 PM CDT
Yeah, I can see it now...

In light of the severity of your crimes, you are hereby sentenced to 5 years of being forced to listen to the Crossing gweth. If still given the opportunity, I would sentence you to 10 years of listening to the Ratha gweth, but the Supreme Court held that as being an unconstitutionally cruel and unusual punishment.

Daerri; the player of,

I divide my time as follows: half the time I sleep, the other half I dream. I never dream when I sleep, for that would be a pity, for sleeping is the highest accomplishment of genius.
--- Soren Kierkegaard
Happy Holidays... 12/21/2008 06:01 PM CST
Whichever holiday you celebrate at this time of year, I hope you find it an enjoyable one, and that you'll have peace and prosperity in the coming new year.

Thank you for making this such an enjoyable group to work for, and for your support for me as I try to figure out just how to take the reins, code, break things, etc.

-Vaeldriil

-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Re: Happy Holidays... 12/21/2008 06:17 PM CST
Happy Holidays V!

Terra

~ The song that is irresistable ~
Re: Happy Holidays... 12/21/2008 11:54 PM CST
Happy Holidays everyone!

Dawn, the soul behind Aesthete Draconita
Re: Happy Holidays... 12/24/2008 08:34 PM CST
Happy Holidays / Merry Christmas, everyone!

Dawn, aka Aesthete Draconita
Re: Happy Holidays... 12/29/2008 06:54 AM CST
Well, a tad late but hope everyone is having a great holiday. Remind me that going on vacation for a week and ignoring the boards the whole week is painful to come back too next time! I got a wonderful new toy of a fancy smancy sewing machine and my sister has decided to break me in using it by sewing my nephew's christening gown and it has to be done in 2 weeks. However, this time while I hibernate working on that and learning to use this new machine, I won't forget to read the boards. haha Hope Santa was good to all the bards!

~Eoworfinia~
Maxwell Smart: Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
The Chief: I don't know. Were you thinking, "Holy **, holy **, a swordfish almost went through my head"? If so, then yes.
After a LONG absence.... 03/26/2010 03:50 PM CDT
I seem to be back here in Elanthia, and in awe of all the changes since I left...in 2003! I don't even know if anyone remembers Blaayd at this point.

I just wanted to say hi, and I'll be kicking around trying to remember how to play - I'm really confused at the moment since I am now 37th circle...was our skills reset at some point? :P I'm pretty sure I was higher than that.

It is just amazing that DR is still going strong, I'm really glad to be back and hope to see you all in game.

Blaayd Halfhaind (Joel)
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/26/2010 04:00 PM CDT
I'm pretty sure almost every guild has had a reqs change since 2003. There was also the music lore split that happened sometime around then. Instead of music lore you have Strings, Percussion, Winds and Vocals and bards have Musical Theory to boot.
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/26/2010 04:00 PM CDT
Oh, and welcome back! :D
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/26/2010 05:13 PM CDT
Heyo, welcome back. Having only played my bard since 2004, your name doesn't ring a bell, but I hope you like all the stuff that's changed since then. As far as trying to remember how to play, try not to! So much is different now that it might be more healthy to just pretend like you know nothing and learn from scratch.
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/26/2010 08:03 PM CDT
Gods, just getting through 500+ pages of the forums is a chore :P Amazing changes though and most for the better.

It must be that sometime in the past there was a skill re-vamp, I seem to remember being about 40 circles higher :P Then again I'm not complaining, it gives me more room to grow!

I think they were just changing the music lore when I was last here in 2003, so that makes sense to me. Heh, Recall was new! We had barely started using it, now there is this Mojo as well...aiya. :P
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/26/2010 08:14 PM CDT
The biggest change since then was probably screams. Also, the AP spells. You learn those automatically the first time you perceive. I think SIRE is pretty major too (the new spawn boosting enchante). SIRE is on preview right now, you should check it out.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/26/2010 08:27 PM CDT
You wouldn't have gone down in circles you would have just had to backtrain to circle again.
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/26/2010 09:40 PM CDT
Welcome back Blaayd.

-Dihm
AKA Danner
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/26/2010 10:19 PM CDT
Yes, welcome back. I was pretty new at being a bard but do recall your name and face. Though maybe it was as my empath that I remember your name. Either way, yes, lots has changed since then! Give a shout if you need help and I'm sure any of us bards can help ya out. Glad you're back!

~Eoworfinia~
Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen. Homer Simpson

Get the facts first and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/27/2010 11:21 AM CDT
> I seem to be back here in Elanthia...

Welcome back stranger.

- Useff
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/27/2010 06:57 PM CDT
Hey everyone! People I remember :P

Ok so thoroughly confused now...and there is nobody in Riverhaven to ask dumb questions to, so I thought I would post here.

Enchantes - it says I can learn 16 but I cannot seem to learn anything from Ezruh, is he just being stubborn? I have 0 enchantes. :(

Boxes - I have about 10 boxes from 7 years ago that now don't seem to want to be disarmed or unlocked..any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I get the "there doesn't seem to be anything to do to this box" type of message. Stumped on what to do...are they too old?

weapon and armor skills around 105-110 each, and got destroyed in Unyns, Barghests and several other 100-125 range hunting areas so far...am I shooting too high? of course I have no enchantes right now, so am at a disadvantage.

And so much more...play is totally different, there are these screams...do I have to learn them? etc.

Even worse I have 12 ranks of primary weapon to catch up on and 11 ranks of wind! <grumble>

Blaayd
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/27/2010 07:37 PM CDT
What are you asking? If you aren't, ASK GUILDLEADER ABOUT MAGIC and see if that helps.

Boxes went through a change, those are junk you can pitch them.

Not really sure on your hunting, you're around silver leucro level, but there are other options on the mainland too.

Screams are an ability, and IIRC you can learn them by ASK GUILDLEADER ABOUT ABILITY

It's been a while on those though.

Nice to have you back.

Ysselt

__
Ferdahl Aemmin just arrived.
Huldah says, "Sup Fivehead. How you doin'?"
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/27/2010 07:42 PM CDT
Ezruh definitely teaches enchantes. I believe the syntax to learn about which enchantes you can get is ASK EZRUH ABOUT MAGIC, and then to choose it's CHOOSE <name> ENCHANTE. It's been a while since I circled though.

I can't really help with the creature ladder so much (maybe crocs?) but if someone hasn't pointed you to elanthipedia, then you should definitely check it out:

http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Try clicking on Bestiary (left menu) then Bestiary Level List.

-- Player of Niieth
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/27/2010 08:00 PM CDT
Sometimes capitalization matters for choosing spells. The easiest thing to do is copy what the guildleader says and paste it on the command line.

>choose <full enchante name pasted here> enchante

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/27/2010 08:33 PM CDT
Thank you! Capitalizing and adding "enchante" after each did the trick. There was NO way I would have figured that out on my own. :P

I thought the boxes might be bunk but wanted to ask before tossing them out. :)

Back to it! Thanks for the help!
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/27/2010 08:38 PM CDT
If you didn't have the enchante at the end that was probably your main problem. Capitalization might or might not have been needed but you definitely need enchante. Just as all the other magic users need to put spell at the end. Valid abbreviations work too like choose lilt enchante
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/27/2010 08:53 PM CDT
When it comes to combat, don't just jump into whatever you were fighting before, or what any "what to hunt" list shows is on-level for you. You've been gone long enough, and there have been so many changes to combat, that you definitely want to start lower on the ladder until you get the hang of how the system works for you now.

And welcome back, old timer.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

Faerie tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know dragons exist. Faerie tales tell children that dragons can be killed.
- G.K. Chesterton
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/27/2010 09:38 PM CDT
You could if you chose to go to a locksmith like Ragge, or Ss'Thran, or one of the others, by putting it on their counters.

It'll work with the older boxes.

Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/28/2010 02:15 AM CDT
Yeah...figuring that out! :P Gargs, Swamp Trolls, Thugs, Footpads, Ogres, Pirates...all stuff I used to hunt and now out of my league. I've only died once but had some close calls!

Question, can we unlearn enchantes?I'm guessing we can, but I picked one or two enchantes I probably shouldn't have bothered with...I was just so excited about getting syntax correct :)

Oh and can I say I am just amazed at the number of people I recognize around here? Wow...it is great to see all of you still here!
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/28/2010 04:06 AM CDT
Welcome back! If you ever see me around in game, definitely don't hesitate to ask if you need anything! Also, feel free to IM me at ZanderTirade on AIM if you have any need to know right now kind of questions.

-=Issus=-
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/28/2010 09:26 AM CDT
You can unlearn 1 spell for free every 180 days. If you do another within 90 days it costs tdps and coin but if you wait 90 days it'll just cost coin. So you can erase one for free right now but if you want to erase both it'll cost TDPs and coin for the second one. You can read more about it here.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Spell_Library
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/28/2010 10:40 AM CDT
Another voice, from a more recent past...
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/28/2010 04:28 PM CDT
Wow, yet another thing I wouldn't have known about, thanks for the link. :) I'm thinking I might only need to erase one and just wait for more circles to grab the other Enchantes I missed.

I love that Elanthipedia!

Was it just me, or was Eye of Kertigen not there?
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/28/2010 05:25 PM CDT
Welcome back, y'all!

-V.

-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/29/2010 12:05 AM CDT
>>Was it just me, or was Eye of Kertigen not there?

Eye of Kertigen is there, it's just not an early song to get any more.
Complete requirements are: 10th Circle, Nexus, Sanctuary.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

Faerie tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know dragons exist. Faerie tales tell children that dragons can be killed.
- G.K. Chesterton
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/29/2010 02:52 AM CDT
Elanthipedia says the prereqs are Sanctuary and Misdirection... Which require 10th circle and Nexus. I hadn't noticed that change. It's kind of insane that an enchante like Eye of Kertigen even needs a prerequisite at all.

-=Issus=-
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/29/2010 12:27 PM CDT
Welcome back!

You may not remember me, but I was a young cleric when you were last around. These days I lurk more than I play, though.

Ryeka and the Brood

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: After a LONG absence.... 03/31/2010 07:45 AM CDT
I would suggest Silver Leucros on Ratha or Vines and Creepers outside Theren.