Re: Hmmm... 08/16/2006 07:51 AM CDT
Welcome back Siltoth! Now I can take you hunting and get you killed!

Robo

The mist flows out from where Roboson sat, wavers a moment, then disappears.
>
>"scuse me!
You exclaim, "scuse me!"
>blush
You blush a bright red color.
Re: Hmmm... 08/16/2006 09:48 AM CDT
Sure thing Roboson, though I'm ahead of you. Already went hunting near Shard. And about Silvy... well... that's a hard one - She's constantly buried in that desk of her, I need to actually catch her not reading all those scrolls before I can steal the hugs ;P

Siltoth

Stealer of Silvy's Hugs

Burhup says, "I still havn't thought of a good present for a theif"
You say to Burhup, "a Get out of jail free scroll"
Re: Hmmm... 08/16/2006 11:01 AM CDT
You went hunting?

Thanks,
Kleis
Re: Hmmm... 08/16/2006 02:23 PM CDT
>>You went hunting?

Would you believe it?

Siltoth

Stealer of Silvy's Hugs

Re: Hmmm... 08/16/2006 02:37 PM CDT
Nope never! By the way if your still hanging around Shard give a shout out. Kleis has been bounceing between there and Crossing.

Thanks,
Kleis
Re: Hmmm... 08/17/2006 12:05 AM CDT
I'm glad ya got back safe bud, I'd hate to come over there and raise hell cause they took my prank victim

The Bardic blunder
Re: Hmmm... And now the pictures 08/22/2006 02:41 PM CDT
Following link has a few pictures from the northern border of Israel during my latest reserve duty.
What you'll find there is pictures of the areas I've been to during the fighting plus a couple of pictures of me a few of the people I served with. Mostly it's scenery view taken with pocket cameras (That's what I prefered to photograph anyway).

What you WON'T find is pictures from South Lebanon itself (I'm assigned to artillery units, I didn't need to actually cross the border) or pictures of our vehicles. Not that there's anything secret about our vehicles or that you can't find them on the web with just a trifle of effort (Yes, it's out there if you want to find it) but I personally prefer not to include them with the rest of my public pictures. Call it slight paranoia ;P

Anyway if you're interested, enjoy.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/erezvish/album?.dir=/cf3escd&.src=ph&.tok=phJ5fYFBaHZ2D0uu

Siltoth

Stealer of Silvy's Hugs

Re: Hmmm... And now the pictures 08/26/2006 07:11 AM CDT
Wow, Sil. I'm... speechless...
Some news... 02/27/2007 07:53 AM CST
Hi everyone! I just found out last week that I'll be expecting a new addition to the family roughly 8 months from now. For those of you who know me, know that I have twin boys who are now almost 5. So, I'm hoping for a girl...and maybe only one this time around. But we've still got a long time ahead until we find those things out.

Anyways, I'm really excited and feeling good. No barfing yet! But I've been pretty hungry lately and a little tired, but I'm used to feeling that way when playing..hah.

~Yiara's player

Donalisa says to Gylee, "love stinks"

Margrethe says to Donalisa, "You should bury them further from your window, or upwind or something."
Re: Some news... 02/27/2007 07:58 AM CST
Congratulations! Best wishes to you and your family, and I hope it's a girl, too. (I know what raising boys is like).

- Useff

With a flambuoyant slash, a red bear orc raider manages to shred your ear into narrow strips of useless leather. He flings them to the ground with a muttered curse.
Re: Some news... 02/27/2007 08:26 AM CST
>>I'll be expecting a new addition to the family roughly
>>I have twin boys who are now almost 5.

Congratulations on the news! and god-bless you, as a father of 5 1/2 Year old twin boys I couldnt even imagine having more children anytime soon.. boys, girls, or monkeys.

Got Body Parts?
Re: Some news... 02/27/2007 11:42 AM CST
hmmm, not twins but 2 boys 13 months apart... 5&6... yeah know the feeling all too well.

Here is hoping for health, now and for the duration.

Me 'n Whispersoft
Re: Some news... 02/27/2007 12:46 PM CST
Congratulations!

Siltoth

Stealer of Silvy's Hugs

Re: Some news... 02/27/2007 12:56 PM CST
Congratulations. I hope you get your wish.
Re: Some news... 02/27/2007 01:00 PM CST
Congratulations! You will have your hands full!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Some news... 02/27/2007 04:56 PM CST
Congratulations, Yiara! I hope you get your girl, and I hope you stay feeling relatively healthy.

-Eleneri and her bardling
Re: Some news... 02/27/2007 07:51 PM CST
Congrats Yiara! My wife started to want a baby girl a few years ago, but since the rug rodent is more than a handful as it is... I let her have cats. We have 5 now. Someone shoot me please.

Robo

A dust bunny furtively tugs a label from Niteshiver's clothing that reads, "Closet Conservative".
Re: Some news... 02/27/2007 07:55 PM CST
Just wanted to add my congratulations!

~Micka
Re: Some news... 02/27/2007 11:38 PM CST
<<I let her have cats. We have 5 now. Someone shoot me please.>>

And they call you the cateater. Tsk tsk.

<grins>
Re: Some news... 02/28/2007 08:31 AM CST
Lol, 5 cats! We have 2, but they stay outside mostly. And one of them showed up with a pink collar on...ugly thing. I think he's been mooching off of several people in the neighborhood.

Thanks everyone for your congrats!

And wow, someone else with twin boys! I couldn't imagine having more kids when they were 3 and under. But once we got past the potty training and now they'll be starting school soon...I feel a little bit more able to handle things. I can't really speak for my husband though. And of course I say that and I'll probably be going nuts next year with 5 year olds and a baby, but here's hoping. :)

~Yiara

Margrethe says to Donalisa, "You should bury them further from your window, or upwind or something."
Re: Some news... 02/28/2007 11:13 AM CST
Congrats Yiara!

Not to try to top anyone, but I had triplets when my youngest son was 14 months old, though I only have 3 cats, though we had 4 for a while.

Adera

Life is the journey, not the destination.
Re: Some news... 02/28/2007 11:41 AM CST
>Not to try to top anyone, but I had triplets when my youngest son was 14 months old, though I only have 3 cats, though we had 4 for a while.

Oh man, that sounds like insanity. 2 cats + 1 dog of my own and 1 of my roommates... after a baby comes for a short visit with friends I need to hide in my bed and sleep off the chaos. I can't imagine LIVING with 4 kids, heh.
Re: Some news... 02/28/2007 01:38 PM CST
Note she said 'triplets when her youngest son was 14 months', implying that she had at least one other son at the time.

I was one of 5 kids (no multiple births, though) and it could definitely be chaos in our house when I was growing up. Me, I stopped after one. She's 15 now... I'm told the fun is just beginning :)

~Azimee

~~~
If you find yourself confronted by a group of armed guards, be warned that they will attack you in mass. No matter what you have been told by other sources, rest assured that they will not line up to attack you one by one. ~Handbook of Practical Heroics
Re: Some news... 02/28/2007 09:43 PM CST
>>Azi's post

Id take 10 boys over one teenage daughter in a heartbeat. Teenage girls are catty, viscious mean, moody, independant yet needy, and above all rude... never had a daughter but dated someone with a teenage daughter and I had a (1 year younger) sister. Boys just smell like goats and play video games.

Got Body Parts?
Re: Some news... 03/01/2007 06:33 AM CST
Congratulations lady!

Thanks,
Kleis
Re: Some news... 03/01/2007 02:49 PM CST
Congrats! Children are just fun whatever sort you have!

~Bardette Sasabee
Re: Some news... 03/01/2007 10:06 PM CST
Congrats!!

Prayers for a boring (i.e. no "exciting" problems/complications) and as-easy-as-possible pregnancy and delivery.

You will, of course, notify us of the birth as soon as they'll let you touch a laptop, right? :D (j/k!)

-Momma V.

"Reject me not, sweet sounds! oh, let me live,
Till doom espy my towers and scatter them.
A city spell-bound under the aging sun,
Music my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Re: Some news... 03/01/2007 10:09 PM CST
Depends on the girl. ;)

But I understand your point. There's a reason most of my friends were boys as I grew up.

-Momma V., hoping to have one of those exception-to-the-stereotype girls when Calla hits her teenage years

-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Re: Some news... 03/02/2007 08:29 AM CST
<<You will, of course, notify us of the birth as soon as they'll let you touch a laptop, right? :D (j/k!)

Haha, I will update of course when the time comes. Right now we've not even begun to think about whether we want to try for home birth or try a hospital (had bad experience last time with that). Seems like everyone I've been talking to is asking me all these questions that I don't really feel like thinking about yet! Why some people feel like you must know what birth plan, name, doctor, preschool, college...heh, that you're going to have for your baby that's not even the size of a pea yet...is beyond me.

Anyways, thanks for the congrats!

~Yia

Re: Some news... 03/04/2007 08:23 PM CST
and dont forget the diptep. You mean you dont have a diptep?! You've just gotta have a diptep!!

Got Body Parts?
Re: Some news... 03/08/2007 11:10 PM CST
<<Why some people feel like you must know [everything]...heh, that you're going to have for your baby that's not even the size of a pea yet...is beyond me.>>

I think we were happy just knowing where we planned to deliver, and where we were putting the kiddo after we got him/her home.

(I was far more panicked about living 45 mins-1 hour away from the hospital, needing to use a freeway that has been known to shut down due to accidents at spots where nooobody can get off - we've been stuck on that freeway for a few hours before. *Several times*. Thankfully, the drive was fine with both kiddos)

-Momma V.

-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Re: Some news... 03/09/2007 02:51 AM CST
<<(I was far more panicked about living 45 mins-1 hour away from the hospital, needing to use a freeway that has been known to shut down due to accidents at spots where nooobody can get off - we've been stuck on that freeway for a few hours before. *Several times*. Thankfully, the drive was fine with both kiddos)>>

And my EMT instructor got mad at me for bringing a catchers mitt to the OBGYN portion of the class.....I mean if I ever have to help deliver one, atleast I'll be prepared right?

The Bardic blunder
Wyndsol
Re: Some news... 03/12/2007 10:37 PM CDT
LOL. I've not had any shoot out, but I've heard of a couple of fast emergers before...

-V.

-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
The silly instruments we play... 06/09/2007 09:40 PM CDT
So, I'm bored this evening and I thought I'd post a couple of links to some videos on YouTube I did of my music -- some are even instruments you might find in game.

Tin Whistle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tw4DC-xWUQ -- just doing a couple of jigs.

Bodhran and Whistle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV71vzaww6I -- playing against myself.

Low Whistle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiDVopL14ZA -- an octave lower than a whistle, same fingerings. Sounds similar to a flute.

Pipes and Guitar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9FAji8pxzg -- just a note these aren't traditional highland pipes, rather these are Irish bagpipes called Uilleann (Ill-in) pipes.

Modern Snare Drum: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R_cXe5Col4 -- just putting this up for fun; not really a traditional instrument, but I'm the guy closest to the camera.

I also play Octave Mandolin which I'm looking to get a video up on at some point soon. I own a concertina, but I've not taken to it well, so I doubt I'll get something up with that anytime soon. But, if you guys have never seen some of these instruments, it's a cool couple of vids to watch.

aka Faethe
aka Mobyus

DR Script Repository: http://scripts.whistlethis.com/
DR Profiler: http://drp.whistlethis.com/
Crossroads of Elanthia: http://dr.warcry.com/
Re: The silly instruments we play... 06/09/2007 09:53 PM CDT
I love the sound of that music, it fits the DR genre well. Nice.
Doing sorta ok, here in Minnesota... 08/03/2007 06:15 PM CDT
I'm not really sure how many of you realize that I live in St. Paul, Minnesota, but I'm sure you've all heard about the bridge disaster by now.

It's been a traumatic week since it happened. I drive over that bridge every day, and I know so many people who barely managed to avoid being on it when the collapse happened. My co-worker's boyfriend was literally a dozen cars back from the ones that fell into the river.

It's a miracle that there weren't transit buses on the bridge when it happened. It's a miracle that so many people managed to walk away from such a massive collapse, and were able to swim to safety in the swift-running waters of the Mississippi River.

Like I didn't have enough anxiety driving here in the wintery ice already!

~Tahra, player of Tashya~
Re: Doing sorta ok, here in Minnesota... 08/03/2007 08:27 PM CDT
Many hugs, Tashya! That has got to have left you shaking. I've been following that story too.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Goin' to the chapel... 08/04/2007 09:53 AM CDT
..and I'm gonna get married!

Whoot! I'm getting married next July! I can't wait! I am telling everyone! Spread the word, Courtney is getting married!

Courtney, player of Cailei
Re: Doing sorta ok, here in Minnesota... 08/04/2007 02:27 PM CDT
I know you and Jessibel are up in that area. Happy to know you both were ok.

Robo

A dust bunny furtively tugs a label from Niteshiver's clothing that reads, "Closet Conservative".
Re: Goin' to the chapel... 08/04/2007 06:12 PM CDT
Woo-hoo! Congrats, Courtney!

Dawn, player of Draconita