Prev_page Previous 1
Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/29/2020 09:24 PM CST
Introduction

After reviewing some of the results of the player survey about Rangers, one of the goals that we wanted to achieve was encouraging archetypes, specifically centered on ranged/melee combat vs. the more spell-heavy "druid" style of Ranger. When we started thinking about Ascension ideas along this vein, we realized that it would require a review over the Ranger spell circle itself before we could continue.

A lot of this is based around the expansion of "Nature" damage that was introduced years ago with Resist Nature (620), and creating synergies between spells and physical combat to encourage a more dynamic attack style that takes advantage of both. Other changes are more for quality of life and the modernization of mechanics.

Spell Updates

Natural Colors (601) - The spell may now be cast on others. At 11 Ranger spell ranks, Natural Colors may be EVOKEd to affect the Ranger’s group.

Resist Elements (602) - The spell will provide DS against Minor Steam (1707) in addition to the existing elemental bolt spells.

Wild Entropy (603) - New CS-based attack spell. Deals initial disintegration-based Nature damage followed by 4 additional cycles of minor damage spaced 2 seconds apart. Each instance of damage inflicts a negative Nature resistance effect with a magnitude of 10 + 1 per Summoning lore seed 1. This debuff stacks with diminishing returns equal to half of the previous magnitude (10 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 0 ...). The duration of the debuff is a refreshable 30 seconds. On a successful cast of the spell at a target that is already affected by Wild Entropy, any remaining damage cycles will immediately fire.

Nature's Bounty (604) - A combination of the previous spells Foraging (603) and Skinning (604). Duration to be updated to a standard 1200 + 60s per Ranger spell rank. At 30 ranks of Blessings lore, the Ranger unlocks the ability to EVOKE the spell once an hour to fully restore forage slots in a room.

Barkskin (605) - New short-duration utility spell that allows the Ranger to surround themselves with a thick layer of bark, which will absorb the next instance of a physical attack, SMRv2 maneuver, bolt spell, or warding spell that would have otherwise successfully struck them. On attacks that would have only moderately been successful, the bark has a 50 + (Blessings lore ranks / 2) % chance of enduring. Moderate success is defined as a successful endroll threshold of no more than 20 + (Ranger’s Survival skill / 10). The duration of the spell is a flat 60 seconds, and may be cast on others.

No target of the spell may receive the benefits of Barkskin more than once per 5 minutes. At 15 Blessings lore ranks, the Ranger may COMMUNE with nature to cast the spell while incapacitated (but not while in roundtime) once per hour. At 50 Blessings lore ranks, the spell may be EVOKEd to affect the Ranger’s entire group for 15 mana.

The existing benefits of Whispering Willow will become an inherent Ranger ability, and will allow the Ranger to always be able to reach their recipient, regardless of whether or not the target is visible, indoors, in the same realm, locateable, or Unpresenced. Additionally, recipients of remote whispers will receive the ability to respond to the Ranger for up to 3 minutes after being contacted.

Sounds (607) - The spell will additionally inflict a SMRv2 defense penalty equal to half the DS modifier.

Camouflage (608) - Will additionally bestow +30 bolt spell AS/+18 CS when an offensive spell is cast out of Camouflage (PREPARE will be updated for everyone to be usable while in hiding). At 20 Blessings lore ranks, Camouflage will also apply to the Ranger’s active companion when it is in the same room, providing a SMRv2 bonus of +30 to its next attack when it is able to attack from hiding in that room. At ranks 4 and 5 of Shadow Mastery, the casting roundtime of Camouflage is reduced by 1 second each (minimum 1).

Sunburst (609) - The current single-target debuff is to be implemented as a mass spell when Sunburst is open cast. A new single-target version will do moderate fire damage in addition to existing debuff effects, and is considered Nature damage. When the target is affected by Moonbeam, Sunburst consumes the lucent energy (ending the immobilization effect) and inflicts moderate plasma damage to the target.

Tangle Weed (610) - Converted to SMRv2, with success modified by Summoning lore. The spell’s firing rate will be increased from every 10 seconds to every 8 seconds. The strength drain debuff will always apply on a successful hit, with a magnitude that scales with the result of the maneuver roll (up to -25 AS). At 10 ranks of Blessings lore, the strength drained from the target is granted to the Ranger in the form of a general AS boost equal in magnitude to the debuff, and a spiritual CS boost equal to 60% of the debuff. The duration of the effect is a flat 2 minutes, refreshable (highest magnitude applies).

Moonbeam (611) - New SMRv2 attack spell, primary success based on Ranger spell ranks. The Ranger calls down a pale beam of light to encase their target in a lucent beam, binding the target’s movements for up to 60 seconds based on success.

The Ranger may also focus the beam into bolt spell attack via EVOKE, chilling the target with cold Nature damage. Upon a successful hit, the bolt has a (30 + (Summoning ranks / 2) +/- (level differential)^2)) % chance to flare with an SMRv2 roll (same factors as the standard CAST version) to immobilize the target for up to 6 seconds. If the target is disoriented by Sunburst, the flare chance is increased by 50%. On a successful flare, another instance of immobilization will automatically be applied 6 seconds later for a flat 4-second duration. Training in Blessings lore will cause this effect to recur every 6 seconds at a rate of 1 bonus cycle per 30 ranks of lore.

Moonbeam Bolt DF: .515 .410 .315 .280 .185
Moonbeam Bolt AvD: 68,68,68,68 58,57,56,55 49,47,45,43 41,38,35,32 34,30,26,22

Summoning lore dictates DF increase, per standard bolt spell mechanics.

Breeze (612) - No longer scatters the caster's or caster allies' summoned events (swarms, clouds, etc.). Gale force effect to be converted to SMRv2, with success modified by Summoning lore. Roundtime inflicted upon targets scales based on the maneuver roll, ranging from 3-6 seconds. The spell no longer blows objects around unless EVOKEd.

New self-cast version of the spell bestows the Ranger’s physical attacks with a standard flare chance to inflict roundtime on the target (random 2-4 seconds). When the flare triggers for a ranged weapon attack, it additionally reduces the roundtime of ranged weapon combat by 1 second, for a duration of 10 + 1 second per 12 Blessings lore ranks. The latter effect may not occur more than once per minute, and will not reduce roundtime to lower than 3 seconds.

Imbue (614) - At 5 Blessings lore ranks, the Ranger may cast the spell at an imbued wand or rod that they created to imbed it with Wild Entropy, for the full cost of the charges added. The wand/rod will only be usable by its creator. At 40 Blessings lore ranks, the Ranger receives double the Magic Item Use benefits for any magic item that they create via Imbue.

Spike Thorn (616) - Converted to SMRv2.

Mass Calm (619) - Update to skip targets that are already calmed.

Nature's Touch (625) - Additionally bestows a standard flare chance that applies a maximized Wild Entropy debuff (based on training) on all physical and magical attacks. When the flare originates from a physical attack, the next offensive Ranger spell cast after the flare (within 30 seconds) will incur only 1 second of cast roundtime. When the flare originates from a magical attack, the next physical attack made after the flare (within 30 seconds) will be made with an AS boost of 10 + 1 per Blessings lore seed 1.

Animal Companion (630) - The level cap on animal companions will be increased to equal the Ranger’s level (up from Ranger level - 2). Attacks made by companions are considered Nature damage. GUARD rescaled to no longer reduce AS, and rescaled DS to cap at +25. Removed Broken Lands/Shadow Valley/Rift realm restrictions. ATTACK, GUARD, RETURN, and CEASE may now be used in roundtime. Greatly reduced summoning time. ATTACK and GUARD are now performed immediately when the companion has not recently taken a combat action.

Assume Aspect (650) - May be EVOKEd with a single aspect for the full duration of the spell, at half magnitude. ASSUMEing while in this form will be equivalent to EVOKEing the new aspect, at the full mana cost.

Fluff Updates

Druid Titles - Total combined Blessings and Summoning skill will allow Rangers to unlock the Druid (180 skill) and Archdruid (280 skill) titles, without the existing deity or Mana Control requirement.

Credits

Design Estild, Oscuro, Ixix, Naijin, Viduus, Zissu, Contemplar, Gyres, Ivry, Meraki, Yusri
QC Naijin, Zissu, Ixix, Isten
Spell/Memento Messaging Gyres
Storyline Xayle, Xynwen, Naionna, Annanasi

Thanks to the entire Dev team for their insights and design direction for the review.

A special shout out to the storyline group, who were wonderful collaborators in tying our updates together.

-M.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/29/2020 09:28 PM CST

608(camo) not working for imbeds,self mana, or sk,at least not the cs portion
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/29/2020 10:00 PM CST
Will there be a new Fixskill released for these changes?
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/29/2020 10:05 PM CST
This is all awesome.

Few things I'm noticing early:

- 616 (Spike Thorn) seems to be much less powerful for me, as a ranger without any Lores. As I adjust to the new changes I may add some Lores, but for now it seems to have lost much of its appeal.
- 612 (Breeze) looks like a neat buff; in my short testing with a ranged weapon it noticeably assisted with my RT on several occasions
- 625 (Nature's Touch) feels like it flares constantly. I mean it -- every other attack felt like it was flaring. I don't know if this is because most of the time I wasn't able to consume the flare (as an archer I don't cast much once combat begins), or if it was just observation bias in a short test, but it felt very 'flarey'.
- 611 (Moonbeam) was neat and I could see it getting added to the arsenal.
- 605 (Barkskin) didn't come up as I was so loaded with spells and underhunting, but it looks very promising.

Haven't tested Tangle Weed yet, but very concerned with how it will be affected, based on what I saw from Spike Thorn. More to follow.

Overall, very excited by the changes! Thank you to the GMs who participated in the review -- I know there's a lot of rangers looking to make a run as druids!

-Mnar's player
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 01:14 AM CST
I love how there's also the unmentioned bonus of a bunch of new animal companion messaging. They seem so much more vibrant and lovable now!

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara_(prime)
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 03:12 AM CST
Random things from my hunting partner who doesn't use the forums much.

605: What is the syntax for this for self cast while stunned? They have 30 ranks of blessing lore. When trying to 'commune bark' while stunned they got messaging they don't have enough ranks to affect the group. Is there something else to get it to work on just themselves? Also is there a cool-down timer for the once per hour part that shows up in stormfront?

612: Can the evoke version be made to not need a player/critter target? They use it to clean up junk left in rooms and there isn't always someone to cast it at.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 08:34 AM CST

Heeeeeckkkk, yeeeeaaaaahhhhh!

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 08:46 AM CST

While many of these changes are appealing, I'm not sure I understand the changes to Assume Aspect surrounding the verb Evoke. I've not been able to reproduce the intended result, without recasting and reassuming the aspect for the extended duration. Could this be clarified? I've recently returned and am EVOKE challenged.

I've noticed a decrease lethality in spike thorn, which I typically do when group hunting. That's fine, I'll end up doing more ambushing. This complicates matters when leading a group and using 608. Could a quality of life change be instituted to not drop group when using 608? Or perhaps I'm doing it wrong?

Thank you.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 08:49 AM CST
My immediate thoughts:
- Moonbeam: "The Ranger may also focus the beam into bolt spell attack via EVOKE"
* Since 'evoke' is the new AoE verb... should this not be in 'channel' instead?

- Sunburst: "A new single-target version will do moderate fire damage in addition to existing debuff effects, and is considered Nature damage."
* Presumably single-target is 'cast', and AoE is now 'evoke'?

- Sunburst: "When the target is affected by Moonbeam, Sunburst consumes the lucent energy (ending the immobilization effect) and inflicts moderate plasma damage to the target."
* They get the plasma damage also, in addition to the cycle of fire damage from above?

- Nature's Touch: Wild Entropy flare.
* The only thing needed for this is, "I have the spell running"? And then "I make an attack [physical or magical]"? And then periodically, because of those, I get this benefit?
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 09:32 AM CST
<- Moonbeam: "The Ranger may also focus the beam into bolt spell attack via EVOKE">
<* Since 'evoke' is the new AoE verb... should this not be in 'channel' instead?>

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that EVOKE was used because Moonbeam is essentially a ranger version of Web, which uses EVOKE to cast its bolt version.

705 also uses EVOKE for it's bolt version, so there's pretty decent precedent for it.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 10:23 AM CST
> - Moonbeam: "The Ranger may also focus the beam into bolt spell attack via EVOKE"
> * Since 'evoke' is the new AoE verb... should this not be in 'channel' instead?

Even if there's precedent for evoke, as Starchitin pointed out, I'd prefer to see things standardized across GS as much as possible. I've been playing for a decade and even I can't keep all this stuff straight. Imagine how confused a new player might be. So count this as another vote for channel.

Juspera's Good Ole GS4 page: https://juspera.github.io/
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 10:35 AM CST
<Even if there's precedent for evoke, as Starchitin pointed out, I'd prefer to see things standardized across GS as much as possible. I've been playing for a decade and even I can't keep all this stuff straight. Imagine how confused a new player might be. So count this as another vote for channel.>

If Moonbeam had an AoE version I could see this argument, but you're suggesting having it work differently then other spells that behave the same way it does. That's the opposite of standardization.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 11:15 AM CST
Oh, and did I say thank you everyone for working to make our game even better. :)

Juspera's Good Ole GS4 page: https://juspera.github.io/
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 02:12 PM CST
>608(camo) not working for imbeds,self mana, or sk,at least not the cs portion -NEIMANZ

I'm not seeing this issue. If you have some particulars regarding what item is not behaving properly or what you're doing to see the problem, I can investigate further.

-M.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 03:40 PM CST

Hey!

Try ASSUME STORE - store your preferred form with that command that 650 will assume it when cast.

I'd also suggest INCANT SET EVOKE 650 so just incanting evokes.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 03:44 PM CST
>605: What is the syntax for this for self cast while stunned? They have 30 ranks of blessing lore. When trying to 'commune bark' while stunned they got messaging they don't have enough ranks to affect the group. Is there something else to get it to work on just themselves? Also is there a cool-down timer for the once per hour part that shows up in stormfront?

COMMUNE BARKSKIN/605 should work, but it sounds like there might be an issue if they have INCANT SET EVOKE 605 set and don't have the 50 Blessings ranks. For the time being, make sure it's toggled to CAST.

>612: Can the evoke version be made to not need a player/critter target? They use it to clean up junk left in rooms and there isn't always someone to cast it at. -TANDL

Yeah, that should be deployed later tonight.

-M.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 04:05 PM CST
>While many of these changes are appealing, I'm not sure I understand the changes to Assume Aspect surrounding the verb Evoke. I've not been able to reproduce the intended result, without recasting and reassuming the aspect for the extended duration. Could this be clarified? I've recently returned and am EVOKE challenged.

You can either INCANT 650 EVOKE or INCANT SET EVOKE 650 and incant it normally. Either way, ASSUME STORE will allow your default aspect to be used.

>This complicates matters when leading a group and using 608. Could a quality of life change be instituted to not drop group when using 608? Or perhaps I'm doing it wrong? -CLOVER13

Generally hiding while leading a group will break the group. Anything that changes that behavior would have be part of a bigger stealth review.

-M.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 04:28 PM CST
For anyone who may have missed out on the release event ( http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/GemStone%20IV%20Announcements/Important%20Announcements/view/3744 ), the portal to the temple grounds can be found in TSSW in Prime or the Kraken's Fall market in Plat. There are three wings to the temple, each ending in a font of energy. You should be able to GET ENERGY to receive a memento corresponding to the wing, but only one of the three. The portals should be available until the end of the week.

-M.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 05:21 PM CST
>>* Since 'evoke' is the new AoE verb... should this not be in 'channel' instead?

All bolt spells have both a soft RT version (used via CAST or EVOKE, depending on if it's the main use of the spell or a secondary version) and a hard RT version with the CHANNEL, which has a greater chance to hit lethal locations. We couldn't only use CHANNEL for the moonbeam bolt.

GameMaster Oscuro
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 05:38 PM CST
I had 101 lore ranks with 8 mill, so I feel like you are way overstating the EXP need for 80 lore ranks (40 in each).
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 05:40 PM CST
>>My only gripe with this is I still think the Druid title requirements are a tad steep. Level 79 [minus enhancives?] for Druid, and what... 20mil EXP for Arch? Yay for being the first profession with a Ascension title, I suppose.

>>Unless I'm completely missing something...

It's looking for the sum of the skill bonus for the two lores. So if you go with the fewest number of ranks total, if you have 20 ranks (40 total ranks, 90 skill bonus + 90 skill bonus = 180 skill bonus) each of Blessings and Summoning, you can get the Druid title, and if you have 40 ranks each (80 total ranks, 140 skill bonus + 140 skill bonus = 280 skill bonus), you can get the Archdruid title. There are other combinations to get there, too, but those are the earliest possible ways.

GameMaster Oscuro
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 05:41 PM CST
So, basically, the understanding of EVOKE should be that on an AoE spell it means player-unsafe and on a single-target spell it means a fundamentally different mode of the spell--as with 118 (bolt instead of CS), 705 (bolt instead of CS), 306 (plasma instead of holy water and different DFs), 309 (all cycles at once and burns a charge), and the new version of 1615 (extra damage but no knockdown).

Seems clear enough to me, though it's interesting that this setup does mean there's no room to create different modes of an AoE spell if that ever became desirable.

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara_(prime)
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 09:59 PM CST
Thanks for these changes. They look well-researched.

I was nervous, because I have like fifty (50) soaps you have to rub for what was 603 (old-skool Foraging). I worried I'd have to eat soap, but this is already changed to 604 and it looks like no stone will be unturned.

Nice work, GMs!
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 10:25 PM CST
Alright, so, playing around some more, with Wild Entropy (603) this time. And, um...

I'm not sure what the point of this spell is? Here's me casting at a creature 59 levels below me.

You gesture at a mongrel hobgoblin.
Dusty, discolored flecks bloom on a mongrel hobgoblin and ripen the air with the redolence of decay.
CS: +246 - TD: +15 + CvA: +17 + d100: +68 == +316
Warding failed!
The rot takes root and spreads, hastening a mongrel hobgoblin toward decomposition.
... 30 points of damage!
Strike to left forearm strips away skin, exposing bleached bone and useless tendons!
The mongrel hobgoblin is stunned!
An earthy, sweet aroma clings to a mongrel hobgoblin in a murky haze, accompanied by soot brown specks of leaf mold.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
Patches of discolored rot spread further, eating away at a mongrel hobgoblin!
The murky haze surrounding a mongrel hobgoblin seems to accelerate the violent decay!
... 5 points of damage!
Blast creates interesting designs on torso, but little damage.
The earthy, sweet aroma clinging to a mongrel hobgoblin grows more pervasive.
>
Patches of discolored rot spread further, eroding a mongrel hobgoblin before your eyes.
The murky haze surrounding a mongrel hobgoblin seems to accelerate the violent decay!
... 10 points of damage!
Small patches of left forearm disappear into red mist.
>
Patches of discolored rot spread further, hastening a mongrel hobgoblin toward decomposition.
... 5 points of damage!
Unpleasant wound to right arm!
>
Patches of discolored rot spread further, hastening a mongrel hobgoblin toward decomposition.
... 5 points of damage!
Blast creates interesting designs on torso, but little damage.

And... that's it. When I tried casting at like-level mobs (by which I mean several levels below me), I was routinely hitting for... 5 damage. Plus another few damage per cycle.

As best I can tell, Lores don't affect the initial damage, which is most of the damage. Am I missing something? What's the use case for this spell? Even with 200+ mana I would still run out of mana before killing a like-level mob with this spell.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/30/2020 10:45 PM CST

Its also a setup spell. Cast that then try 609 611 or 616. It will lower natural resistance.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/31/2020 07:25 AM CST
Got everything working on our end, thank you Mestys!

Tal.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 12/31/2020 09:05 AM CST

I wish I would have spent more time on the Test server after the last push and before release. I think my biggest concern after several hunts and trying to figure out the best way forward with my ranged ranger is my companion, who shined so brightly on TEST after the first release, is back to being less than stellar. At the moment, since I dropped hiding, I am considering whether she is best to just be my permanent GUARD.

How do others feel their companions are performing? I usually lead out my fights with 603 to get the nature debuff up as soon as possible. I'll even wait to command my companion to hunt after I hit the critter with 610 or 607 to give as high of a bonus as possible. I still think her damage is sub-par with all those advantages.

I think companion damage initially was maybe too high so I understand the correction but she is no longer as valuable as a fighting companion in my eyes after this last correction.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/01/2021 12:52 PM CST

My animal companion isn't hiding when I cast 608 even though I have the requisite lore ranks, I'm in combat, and it's set to attack. Can only certain types hide (mine's a bird)?
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/02/2021 01:12 AM CST

"the Ranger may COMMUNE with nature to cast the spell while incapacitated (but not while in roundtime)"

Haven't had time to try it when webbed, but will this work? Bandit nets and some other incapacitating manuvers don't allow this.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/02/2021 06:15 AM CST

Some oddities today -

First with 608. I have 5 ranks of SMASTERY so I thought that granted me 1 second cast times with 608 (it did yesterday). I logged in today and its now 2 seconds unless smastery is active?

>608
[voodoo]>incant 608
You make a simple motion, quietly invoking the Camouflage spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You blend into invisibility among the surroundings.
Cast Roundtime 2 Seconds.
H>unhid
You feel your ambush opportunity slip away.
You do not believe anyone noticed you slip out of hiding.
>cman smastery
You focus your mind on the shadows and gird your body for stealth.
>
[ Shadow Mastery: +0:03:07, 0:03:07 remaining. ]
>608
[voodoo]>incant 608
You make a simple motion, quietly invoking the Camouflage spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You blend into invisibility among the surroundings.
Cast Roundtime 1 Second.
H>cman info
Charlet, your Combat Maneuvers are as follows:

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks

Shadow Mastery smastery 5

Next concern is with 610 -

I was hunting undead earlier and my 610 didn't seem to be giving me the AS boost (I have 15 blessing lore). Is that intentional it isn't draining strength from the undead?
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/02/2021 11:05 AM CST
JASON13828
First with 608. I have 5 ranks of SMASTERY so I thought that granted me 1 second cast times with 608 (it did yesterday). I logged in today and its now 2 seconds unless smastery is active?

This was a bug fix. The benefit is intended to match how hiding works with Shadow Mastery, which is 2 seconds of RT at rank 5, unless Shadow Mastery is active, then it's 1 second.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/02/2021 12:09 PM CST
Just wanted to say a Huge THANK YOU to the whole Dev Team and everyone responsible for the release of these spells - they are absolutely superb. Also big thanks for all the changes and work in general in 2020. Happy New Year - Great Work!!

Eleftheros
Discord: Eleftheros #1024
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/02/2021 01:18 PM CST
Agreed. I'm running a baby ranger, full pure, bolting and CS spells, hunting undead, and with only some use of wands, I can fry with little difficulty at 15 trains. Going to make a couple of those 603 wands to be even more self sufficient.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/02/2021 04:08 PM CST

any chance rangers can get rank 1 shadow dance?
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/02/2021 05:44 PM CST

I would love this, since we lack access to any armor or shield skills.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/03/2021 02:03 AM CST
>I was hunting undead earlier and my 610 didn't seem to be giving me the AS boost (I have 15 blessing lore). Is that intentional it isn't draining strength from the undead? -JASON13828

Creatures that do not bleed are immune to the strength drain effect of 610.

-M.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/03/2021 08:48 AM CST

There are at least some magical self cast items containing 611, which has now changed from defense to attack. This needs fixing.. I'm doing an assist to request a referral but I was wondering if there is a plan for these items.

Also, while I'm here, I haven't checked it yet but I have a whispering willow wand, will that still work? did you move it to like the 1900s spell circle like old paladin spells?
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/03/2021 04:27 PM CST

Wondering if anyone has embeded an imbued rod yet? Not sure how to do that.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/03/2021 11:50 PM CST
>There are at least some magical self cast items containing 611, which has now changed from defense to attack.

I have a list of affected creatures and am working through them.

>Also, while I'm here, I haven't checked it yet but I have a whispering willow wand, will that still work? did you move it to like the 1900s spell circle like old paladin spells? -ASPEN

Old Whispering Willow should convert to new Whispering Willow (1905).

-M.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/03/2021 11:59 PM CST
>Wondering if anyone has embeded an imbued rod yet? Not sure how to do that. -PRENTICE1

Imbedding 603 just requires CASTing Imbue at the wand/rod, assuming you have the requisite 5 Blessing ranks and it's one that you have made.

-M.
Prev_page Previous 1