Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/04/2021 03:08 AM CST
For any magic item use imbeds that contained Mass Colors and the item now contains Natural Colors, how do you EVOKE the item to cast Mass Colors?

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/04/2021 12:55 PM CST
Here you go for imbedding with 614.

>prep 614
You murmur a brief incantation for Imbue with a casual gesture...
Your spell is ready.
>cast at my stick
You gesture at a cracked stick.
Your body suddenly fills with a tingling sensation as you feel power from your surroundings channeling through your body and into the stick. After a few moments, the cracked stick begins to heat in your hand! Just before it becomes almost unbearable, you feel the surge of power end, leaving you drained. You feel the process has not been finished.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
>prep 614
>cast at my stick
Your spell is ready.
>
You gesture at a cracked stick.
Your body suddenly fills with a tingling sensation as you feel great power from your surroundings channeling through you and into the stick. Suddenly, there is a blinding flash of light! As the surge of power ends, you feel the stick has changed somehow.
>
>glance
You glance down to see a cracked wand in your right hand.
>prep 614
Your spell is ready.
>cast wand
You gesture at a cracked wand.
A murky haze forms a conduit between your hand and the cracked wand. As the connection resolves, you establish a deeper understanding of the artifact, but feel as if its true potential may not yet be realized.
[You prepare to imbue the cracked wand with up to 12 charges of Wild Entropy, for a cost of 36 mana. You may CAST at the wand once more to complete the process and permanently attune it to you.]
>prep 614
Your spell is ready.
>cast wand
You gesture at a cracked wand.
Redolent of petrichor and leaf mold, a murky haze seeps from your hands and envelops a cracked wand. The wand shrivels somewhat, slowly staining darker as it absorbs the earthy brume. When the haze clears, you are holding a withered dark wooden wand.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
R>glance
You glance down to see a withered dark wooden wand in your right hand.

- Andreas
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/04/2021 03:29 PM CST
<<For any magic item use imbeds that contained Mass Colors and the item now contains Natural Colors, how do you EVOKE the item to cast Mass Colors?

When you GET the item, it should automatically convert to an EVOKE type and start casting mass 601 if it previous had Mass Colors. This is automatic. If for some reason you have an item that doesn't auto-convert, please feel free to seek a referral for the item to be repaired.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/07/2021 09:09 PM CST
Any updates on the new 620?
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/09/2021 02:12 PM CST
Finally had a chance to play my ranger, and I'm really enjoying these changes.

603 is a fantastic opener, and with the recent Harness Power changes this is really viable.

I should have kept that 3 hours of Barkskin I had from the rollover :)

Thanks for all the hard work and some cool ideas.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/09/2021 02:14 PM CST
This is good to hear! I've been spending all my time getting my paladin figured out and settled so haven't had the opportunity to adjust yet for my ranger. Hopefully later this coming week!

-- Robert

>> Tarence stares at you.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/09/2021 04:58 PM CST
Do any spells outside of the Ranger circle synergize with the nature debuff?
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/09/2021 06:10 PM CST
>>Any updates on the new 620?

It's actively being coded and is my #1 priority project. It's not a right around the corner thing, though.

GameMaster Oscuro
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/10/2021 03:31 PM CST

Oscuro, can you make it so the new 620 works with armor accessories?

The old 620 was supposed to do that in an update, but it perpetually bugged
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/10/2021 03:51 PM CST
Finally found some time to start playing around with the Ranger updates. Found a potential bug with barkskin or I am misreading the release notes.

I am able to eternally refresh barkskin and / or re-cast immediately after it wears off on myself.

They way I read the release notes it sounds like there should be a 5 minute cooldown period? Or is that only if the Ranger is casting the spell on someone else?

Barkskin (605) - New short-duration utility spell that allows the Ranger to surround themselves with a thick layer of bark, which will absorb the next instance of a physical attack, SMRv2 maneuver, bolt spell, or warding spell that would have otherwise successfully struck them. On attacks that would have only moderately been successful, the bark has a 50 + (Blessings lore ranks / 2) % chance of enduring. Moderate success is defined as a successful endroll threshold of no more than 20 + (Ranger’s Survival skill / 10). The duration of the spell is a flat 60 seconds, and may be cast on others.

No target of the spell may receive the benefits of Barkskin more than once per 5 minutes. At 15 Blessings lore ranks, the Ranger may COMMUNE with nature to cast the spell while incapacitated (but not while in roundtime) once per hour. At 50 Blessings lore ranks, the spell may be EVOKEd to affect the Ranger’s entire group for 15 mana.

-- Robert

>> Tarence stares at you.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/10/2021 04:35 PM CST
>I am able to eternally refresh barkskin and / or re-cast immediately after it wears off on myself. -- Robert

Receiving the benefits in this case refers to Barkskin actually triggering and blocking damage for you. If that hasn't happened, the spell should still be applied.

-M.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/12/2021 09:04 PM CST
The following effects were added to SPELL ACTIVE and the Active Spells window:

Nature's Bounty Foraging Recovery
Barkskin Recovery
Barkskin Commune Recovery
Tangleweed Vigor
Breeze Archery Tailwind
Nature's Touch Physical Prowess
Nature's Touch Arcane Reflexes
Aspect of the [Aspect]

-M.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/13/2021 08:32 AM CST
Thank you for the great additions
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 01/13/2021 11:41 AM CST
Personally, I would find it handy to have Provoke/1235 discernable in SOME way.
- As the caster that would be handy in Spell Active, but not everyone is. (And if it is already active, trying to become "the caster" fails because the area is already Provoked.)
- Walking into the area could maybe gain some messaging?
- Having the spell effect be applied to "everyone in the area" for Spell Active, since... it is?

I have raised this before, in the Monk area, but with seeing these other changes from spells, this just reminded me.
Re: Ranger Spell Review Release. 03/15/2021 09:40 PM CDT
A couple of recent updates:

The beneficial Breeze (612) buff will no longer be considered harmful for the sake of CHANNELing dispels or prioritized listing in SPELL ACTIVE.

The Wild Entropy (603) damage over time effect should now be dispellable.

One feature that wasn't mentioned in the initial release was an update to all controlled creature types (not just animal companions), ensuring that they properly provide contribution credit to their owners when dealing damage to their targets.

-M.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page