Prev_page Previous 1
Could we have this back please? 01/03/2019 01:03 PM CST
Could we have a return of Summit Academy please? I love the body alts especially but also a great number of the offered scripts. Really looking forward to seeing this again.
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/03/2019 01:28 PM CST
+100

--Jen
>Darcena says, "But I cannot give my heart to someone else, when I no longer own it."
>Balley nods, "I hope you will find your heart and heal one day."
>Darcena admits, "I think he ate it."
>Balley's jaw drops, "Really. Men are jerks at times."
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/03/2019 07:31 PM CST
I would love to see Summit return as a regular annual festival. I'm actually really disappointed it wasn't the December event for 2018 like it was the year beforehand. It was the perfect way to have a casual pay event that could be easily accessed around holiday commitments and travel plans.

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/03/2019 09:34 PM CST
> It was the perfect way to have a casual pay event that could be easily accessed around holiday commitments and travel plans.

I said that a couple times, too, praising our GS Staff for brilliant planning there! I was pretty disappointed that it did not come back again in December.

I noted that it was on the list of things that will not be stand alone events, though. I hope they can find a way to make the Summit pay for itself. It's got such an incredible potential for character customizations!

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/05/2019 12:00 AM CST
I would love to see this back again, too.
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/05/2019 01:24 PM CST
I'm looking forward to when (and I'm confident it's "when!") it's back too.

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/06/2019 04:24 PM CST
Would you want this refreshed or would you want it as is?

Wyrom, PM
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/06/2019 06:00 PM CST
I wasn't around for the last one and I have a "shopping list" a mile long from what was there so I'd be fine for as is, personally.

Even for those who were around for the last one, there are always new alts.

https://gswiki.play.net/Avawren
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/06/2019 07:11 PM CST
More options are always better, but I'm also fine with it being done as is. Repeated options are way better than no options!

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/06/2019 07:59 PM CST
I'd want a refresh myself for--well, for multiple reasons, but the most important one to me is a fear that there are too many people like me who threw tons of money at Summit Academy last time but would spend almost nothing next time because they already got 90%+ of what they want. I don't want Summit to do poorly because it was all old material, then have that turned into an excuse to bring it back very rarely.

Second most important is that last time it felt like the GMs were just starting to get into a groove of being creative with personalizing the spell preps to characters' skin color and eye color, which was an absolutely amazing trend I'd love to see continue.

(Third most important? I'll never be happy until I see the build that Kylistra (GM merchant) uses on sale, so at very least I need a refresh of one new item. ;P )

Re: Could we have this back please? 01/06/2019 08:17 PM CST
> GMs were just starting to get into a groove of being creative with personalizing the spell preps to characters' skin color and eye color

It might be fun if they played with hair, too.

> Person gestures wildly, her hands getting tangled in her <length, color> hair. She wrests them free just in time to finish her incantation...
>As Person prepares her spell, motes of <eye color> light (or skin color flecks) coat around her <color> hair.
>Person laces her fingers through the air and ephemeral <hair color> strands follow in the wake her gestures.

Off the cuff suggestions, but there is room for much more!
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/06/2019 08:44 PM CST
The reason I ask is if the current inventory is what is desired. Sounds like old + new is the goal rather than retire + refresh.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/06/2019 09:30 PM CST
>It might be fun if they played with hair, too.

Love it!

>The reason I ask is if the current inventory is what is desired. Sounds like old + new is the goal rather than retire + refresh.

I'm guessing that's what most people would want, ideally.
There's always that recently-resurrected website poll option to get the pulse of the community too. ;)

Re: Could we have this back please? 01/06/2019 09:48 PM CST
Will the ELANS system be returning with Summit Academy?
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/06/2019 10:05 PM CST
>>Will the ELANS system be returning with Summit Academy?

Not at this time.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/06/2019 10:08 PM CST
I am primarily interested in the body alts available in Summit Academy and also the scripted entrances/departures. For myself I would love to see it return as it was and (if time permits) to perhaps add a few more shops. Would be awesome (and I think in theme with an Academy) to add a shop where you could buy writable books. I know that these days there isn't all that much demand anymore for "toys" but they are some of the coolest things and could easily fit into the academy theme. Not expecting a lot of new and if time doesn't permit I'd be more than happy to just see Summit Academy return with perhaps a raffle table or two to get custom body alts or custom scripted entrances/departures (again if not too much of a burden and as time permits).
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/06/2019 10:55 PM CST
>>Will the ELANS system be returning with Summit Academy?

>Not at this time.

Ah shucks, I'd like to see some even if it's for simple storage expansion.
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/06/2019 11:37 PM CST
Just to throw it out there as well, the Academy seems a fitting place to feature more of the new flare customizations :D

Re: Could we have this back please? 01/07/2019 12:57 AM CST
>The reason I ask is if the current inventory is what is desired. Sounds like old + new is the goal rather than retire + refresh.

I would like to see it with old + new options over retire + refresh, but I agree that repeating the options it had before is better than not having it!

Ideally, I would like to see it be open regularly and treated more like the cash shops for mounts and outfits and so on that MMOs have. New items are sometimes added a few times a year, but it is regularly available, if not necessarily always. So it would produce a small, but steady source of income rather than intermittent chunks.
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/07/2019 02:49 AM CST
>>The reason I ask is if the current inventory is what is desired. Sounds like old + new is the goal rather than retire + refresh.

I would definitely like it either way, but having the old stuff as options is always good. Also new stuff is great, but definitely more Summit so body builds can exist since the existence otherwise is very rare. Also all the other cool customization stuff.

_ _ _
Myasara says, "Raining rocks down on my city was not the best course of action."
- - -
Nishima put a group of five partially frozen corpses in the Nishima disk.
Several frozen limbs peek out of the disk in a macabre fashion.
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/07/2019 08:52 AM CST
I'd love to see this event return.

All of the old + some new would be perfect. There are a whole lot of lovely things in it already, and replacing everything would take much, much more work, and more time, than adding a bit and reopening it.

TBH, I'd be very happy to see it even if nobody has time to add anything new to it right now.

~E
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/07/2019 05:06 PM CST

Would it be possible to have a flare merchant, enchantment merchant, or a ensorcell merchant?
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/07/2019 05:44 PM CST
I'd also like to see the old offerings stay and new ones be added periodically, rather than retire anything. Access to the existing offerings benefits alts, new and returning players, and those who may not have picked up every single thing on their wish list in a given run. There is significant value, I feel, in retaining old content when it comes to character customizations that aren't easily altered.
---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/07/2019 08:49 PM CST
> I'd also like to see the old offerings stay and new ones be added periodically, rather than retire anything. Access to the existing offerings benefits alts, new and returning players, and those who may not have picked up every single thing on their wish list in a given run. There is significant value, I feel, in retaining old content when it comes to character customizations that aren't easily altered.

Tossing in a firm "ditto" for good measure.
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/08/2019 11:38 AM CST
>Would it be possible to have a flare merchant, enchantment merchant, or a ensorcell merchant?

Not at this event. Ensorcell will probably never be a merchant-provided service.

~ Haliste ~
SGM, Events
Auntie H, Forever
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/08/2019 01:08 PM CST
>I'd also like to see the old offerings stay and new ones be added periodically, rather than retire anything. Access to the existing offerings benefits alts, new and returning players, and those who may not have picked up every single thing on their wish list in a given run. There is significant value, I feel, in retaining old content when it comes to character customizations that aren't easily altered.

Seconding all of this.

I'm actually kind of surprised that retiring inventory was even a possibility for a fluff event with Simucoin-based purchases!

Re: Could we have this back please? 01/08/2019 02:14 PM CST
>>I'm actually kind of surprised that retiring inventory was even a possibility for a fluff event with Simucoin-based purchases!

Well the situation is a bit more complex than a fluff event. First thing though is, are the desires for the event to come back for pre-existing inventory and services or new content with the same theme. The former is established but the latter takes a lot of creativity and QC to make hundreds of new options. The second thing is the amount of text that are stored in the services at Summit Academy, which makes the back end of the shops a bit more cumbersome. We've been hitting the characters limits in a lot of cases on shop mechanics (Duskruin had some issues with a relic due to the creation string being too long). So keeping the old content would impose some restraints on how much new content would come in.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/08/2019 02:27 PM CST
I'd be very happy to see this event, even if you do not have time to add a single new thing to it, tbh. Any characters rolled up since Summit's last run probably would be happy to buy some things. Maybe during a month when you guys are bogged down prepping something else, since this is baked wouldn't require too much ingame effort beyond a corruption walk prior to opening.

~E
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/08/2019 02:48 PM CST
(Duskruin had some issues with a relic due to the creation string being too long).

Would that be my relic that I BUGITEMd and is still broken last I checked? Heh.

--Jen
>Darcena says, "But I cannot give my heart to someone else, when I no longer own it."
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/08/2019 02:50 PM CST
Regarding Summit, I've said this before and I apologize for repeating it. I'm still lightly annoyed that the SimuCon 2017 bags weren't released for months after SimuCon.By then, I'd closed my account. When I came back a few months later, half the "goodies" were for Summit Academy and I haven't been able to use them at all. They're taking up locker slots, plus I really like the event itself and want a chance at it.

--Jen
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/08/2019 03:44 PM CST
>>Any characters rolled up since Summit's last run probably would be happy to buy some things.

This. Some new additions would be nice, but the summit.xlsx file on my desktop has 31 rows :D (and that's just for one character)

Re: Could we have this back please? 01/08/2019 04:23 PM CST
I would like to see Summit come back so that the Fusion shaman could be visited again.
(Calendar 2018 had precisely zero opportunities to make Fusion orbs, since Summit was in Dec of 2017.)

And with that said...

I would like for management to re-consider their stance on orb degradation, such that it ONLY STARTS once the orb has actually been put into a Fusion item.
As it stands, someone planning ahead (like finding several of those "+15 or +16 to Climbing/PF!" items to turn into orbs for when they're heading into the Confluence... eventually) gets boned if they take too long, and take the orbs out of their locker as only +7 or +8.
Which, admittedly, is better than "not having any +7 or +8 orbs at all", had they not spent the silvers to make the orbs.

But still. Seems pretty punitive.

Thanks!
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/08/2019 07:32 PM CST
I'd be happy just to see it come back as it was at the end of 2017. That said, if keeping the old (which people seem to want along with some new) is problematic, could the existing content be further split out into new shops/rooms to make for easier additions in the future?
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/09/2019 06:17 AM CST
>Would that be my relic that I BUGITEMd and is still broken last I checked? Heh.

If you have a broken relic, you'll need to ASSIST to get that looked at. BUGITEM, in this case, alerts us to an issue and we fix ones that already sold. In some cases, script fixes will address issues with items without you having to do anything else, but for this item it won't work that way. Your physical item needs to be fixed.

~ Haliste ~
SGM, Events
Auntie H, Forever
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/09/2019 09:28 AM CST
Haliste
If you have a broken relic, you'll need to ASSIST to get that looked at. BUGITEM, in this case, alerts us to an issue and we fix ones that already sold. In some cases, script fixes will address issues with items without you having to do anything else, but for this item it won't work that way. Your physical item needs to be fixed.

Alright. I will do that.

Whoever made it, it's one of my favorite things ever. I did also find out yesterday that it has more problems than I thought it did. I already knew the SHORT and LONG was showing as the SHOW and that it couldn't be hidden/unhidden, but apparently it also displays to males that the kohl is covering "his" face instead of hers. This sort of cracks me up but also makes me want to get it fixed pronto. :D

--Jen
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/09/2019 10:46 AM CST
Have you logged in lately? I'm pretty sure I put notes on anyone's account who purchased one so that when you did, we'd know to check things out and get it fixed.

Anyway, if you'll give me a nudge when you're on (Discord is good), I can pop down and fix your item right up.

~ Haliste ~
SGM, Events
Auntie H, Forever
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/09/2019 02:29 PM CST
I log in every day and play for at least an hour ~90% of the time. Thanks for making me admit that publicly. I am shamed.

... :)

I'll drop you a note. Thanks.

--Jen
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/09/2019 03:31 PM CST
Shame!
<clang bell>

Shame!
<clang bell>

Shame!
<clang bell>
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/09/2019 07:13 PM CST
I would be extremely happy even if this were to return with the same choices available as the last time. Anything new would be a pleasant bonus, but for those of us who are in the habit of making new alts all the time (me!) even a carbon copy of the last Summit would be amazing.

~You remove a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses from in your ebon linen vest. You unfold the earpieces of your spectacles. You put on a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses. You think to yourself, "Deal with it."
Re: Could we have this back please? 01/10/2019 07:14 AM CST
Please bring this back even if it's just old stuff. I wasn't around for the earlier run(s) and I've made a shopping list based on the wiki offerings. :)

Of course, new options are great, too!

Glimmin Goodhand
Prev_page Previous 1