Rings of Lumnis: Brooch Upgrade 04/15/2021 09:08 PM CDT
Starting tomorrow, Rings of Lumnis participants will be able to unlock an upgrade to their quintuple orb brooch by visiting the lithe giantkin monk. Simply ASK MONK ABOUT UPGRADE. For the cost 1,000,000 silver, your brooch will be unlocked for these new benefits:

1) You will able to change the selected orb (benefit) from anywhere and at anytime.
2) The previous orb bonus capped at 1,000. Additional runs will now continue to add to it at the rate of +1 per 10. i.e. you will be able to instant absorb more than 1,000 experience, boost your field experience pool by more than 1,000, earn more than 1,000 bonus bounty points, etc. The increased bonus doesn't apply to the Elemental orb since it's a percent chance for an additional roll when performing Adventurer's Guild tasks and caps at 100%.
3) The normal brooch calculates its uses per day by taking the total of all runs across all the orbs in the brooch. By upgrading it, you get a separate cooldown and uses per day for each orb (benefit). So if have 500 runs in Planar and 750 runs in Spiritual, you can use your brooch 3 times per day for the Planar benefit AND 4 times per day for the Spiritual benefit.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Rings of Lumnis: Brooch Upgrade 04/15/2021 10:32 PM CDT
Thanks for this!

Even though if I elect to do it (I will), I lose an x/day use of spiritual, I appreciate that:

1. Not another item to remember or wear. Letting the single item be more functional is best rather than getting a new one.
2. Optional as an upgrade with a slight silver drain. So those who elect not to don't lose x/day benefits for entries they paid for and maintaining max uses a day on their primary ring. Between this choice and migrating ranks from one ring to another there is more flexibility on a custom path for those that have run it or plan to.
3. The bonuses >1,000 I'm sure are appreciated too (if possibly tricky to use) though that will be a long time before I hit that.
Re: Rings of Lumnis: Brooch Upgrade 04/15/2021 10:34 PM CDT
This update is amazing and I love everything about it. Can't wait until tomorrow!

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara_(prime)
Re: Rings of Lumnis: Brooch Upgrade 04/16/2021 02:45 AM CDT
I like everything about this except the price. Why a million? It's not like a million's easy to earn!
Re: Rings of Lumnis: Brooch Upgrade 04/16/2021 09:01 AM CDT
This is a fantastic change!

I was about to completely ignore RoL since I was at a content spot with my brooch but now I'm highly tempted to get a few of the other rings now.

Making a request for you all to consider - can you allow stacking of some of the effects?

For example - the +field bucket experience, isn't of having it be say, +500 bucket for 30 minutes per rub, you can choose to rub 3x for a +1500 bucket for 30 minutes or something else.

Similarly, for the +bounty, either increase the amount or maybe make the times stacking.

I think this can go a real long ways to help those people who don't have say 4 hours per day (i.e. a 8x +bucket brooch) everyday to be able to finish it.
Re: Rings of Lumnis: Brooch Upgrade 04/16/2021 12:07 PM CDT

Making a request for you all to consider - can you allow stacking of some of the effects?

For example - the +field bucket experience, isn't of having it be say, +500 bucket for 30 minutes per rub, you can choose to rub 3x for a +1500 bucket for 30 minutes or something else.

Similarly, for the +bounty, either increase the amount or maybe make the times stacking.

~~~

THIS. I accidentally rubbed my brooch twice in succession, and went "No big deal I'll just run it for an hour instead of having a break between." No dice. The second use was totally wasted. I would LOVE to be able to just power-bounty for half an hour instead of twice. Or for an hour in case I do it again. Either way is better than wasting a use.

Wee Sleepy Gnomette's player

From nearby, you hear Vyrshkana yell, "Why I's still drunkifyinged!"
Zicune yells, "Phenomenal cosmic liquir!"
Zicune yells, "Itty bitty drinker!"
Re: Rings of Lumnis: Brooch Upgrade 04/16/2021 12:51 PM CDT
Think Estild just said he at least made it not let you waste it if you used it too quickly like this.
Re: Rings of Lumnis: Brooch Upgrade 04/16/2021 01:31 PM CDT
>Making a request for you all to consider - can you allow stacking of some of the effects?

++

As it stands I reckon the field bucket is a good use for 1x/day and bad if the brooch has any more uses than 1x/day. When I wanted the experience of the other riddles, I paid to have my runs shifted to the bucket while I was still at 1x, and then I paid again to shift them all to instant absorb once I hit 2x.

I reckon the upgrade is good for adding 1x worth to the bucket again, but that it would need something like this stacking option to make more than 1x in the bucket worthwhile.

Instant absorb does stack and this is what makes it so much better than other rings once the brooch has multiple uses.
Re: Rings of Lumnis: Brooch Upgrade 04/18/2021 04:29 PM CDT
The persistent effects from all the orbs except Spiritual will now stack in duration (instead of blocking the brooch from activating). However, if Chaos is activated (which will typically have a different bonus than the other orbs), it will always use the lowest bonus.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Rings of Lumnis: Brooch Upgrade 04/18/2021 10:59 PM CDT
With all these changes, can we get a price break on moving between rings? I put way too much all in spiritual last year because there was no point in having it in multiple rings. Now that has changed and i regret that decision but that is how it worked at the time.

To exchange 500 between rings costs 25m (50k per). That is incredibly expensive especially with how much we invested in these to start with to get the runs themselves. Since we weren't aware of all these changes before this run, i personally consider it fair if there was a one time exchange grace period at something like 1/10th of that cost.

Thank you in advance for the consideration.