By the light of the silvery.... 04/02/2021 08:02 PM CDT
> remove halo

Raising your hand above your head, you pause as a pinprick of orange light suddenly grows above your head. Slowly, it transforms into a carnelian Tilaok halo that grows large enough for you to pluck from the air.

> wear halo

You lift a carnelian Tilaok halo above your head and release it, which causes the halo to float above your head. It hovers there for several seconds, bathing you in orange light despite the fact that it seemingly shrinks until it is nothing more than a pinpoint of light that eventually disappears.

> look Thandiwe
You see GameMaster Thandiwe.
She appears to be a Nalfein Elf.
Dark, shadowy skeins pervade the orange aura that surrounds her, the waning light of Tilaok bathing her in lunar energy.
She is of average height. She appears to be very young. She has almond-shaped aquamarine eyes and alabaster skin. She has waist-length, wavy coppery red hair lifted into a high chignon and secured by a simply woven headband of red roses and creamy spider chrysanthemums. She has a dainty face, a small nose, and slightly upswept pointed ears.
She is in good shape.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
ASGM of Events
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/02/2021 08:36 PM CDT
I was asked some questions in Discord.

> How many are there?
Answer: 4, one for each moon.

> How do you get one?
Answer: You find them while taking part in Rings of Lumnis. They are "drops".

> Do you mean there are four total, or four varieties?
Answer: There are four (Liabo, Lornon, Tilaok, and Makiri)

> Is there more than one Liabo available, or is it unique?
Answer: There is one of each available this year.

>Do they do anything mechanical, or just look rad?
Answer: There isn't anything mechanical about them.

Tomorrow, I will post what it looks like during the day. Which prompted...

> It changes during the day?
Answer: It changes frequently.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
ASGM of Events
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/03/2021 03:17 AM CDT
Excitement intensifies!

>>https://gswiki.play.net/Rohese_Bayvel-Timsh'l
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/03/2021 09:16 AM CDT
I was asked some questions in Discord.

> How many are there?

> How do you get one?

> Are these permanent once you wear the halo? or they have a duration?
Answer: It is an item that you can remove and wear. There isn't a duration on it.

> Along the same lines, do they have any kind of "charges" (like the Necrotic Ring from EG has "charges" as you do AOTA)
Answer: There are no charges.

> Would there be an option to "lock it" to a certain color/customization if you find one you like, or maybe down the road, customizations for it? Like at EG or something?
Answer: These are not customizable as they are based on the moon they are from.

> Does it work with a functional hood? Like those climate wear stuff?
Answer: Yes

Here is a look at the day information:

She is bathed in a golden sheen of sunlight that mutes the light of Tilaok, causing her aura to shimmer with orange light.
She is of average height. She appears to be very young. She has almond-shaped aquamarine eyes and alabaster skin. She has waist-length, wavy coppery red hair lifted into a high chignon and secured by a simply woven headband of red roses and creamy spider chrysanthemums. She has a dainty face, a small nose, and slightly upswept pointed ears.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
ASGM of Events
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/03/2021 10:11 AM CDT
Okay, now THOSE look nifty. :)
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/03/2021 11:51 AM CDT
Oooh, fancy!

Head-worn? Pin-worn? ::curious!::

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Inquisitor of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/03/2021 01:19 PM CDT
Requesting one for Varin...

(hides)

--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/03/2021 02:14 PM CDT
Serious question this time!

Do the moon halos change with the rising/setting/phases of the moon?

Is this messaging when it changes viewable only to the wearer, or to everyone in the room?

--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/03/2021 02:25 PM CDT
Okay, questions update. I'm pasting them all here so that I'm sure none of them get missed.

> How many are there?

> How do you get one?

> Are these permanent once you wear the halo? or they have a duration?
Answer: It is an item that you can remove and wear. There isn't a duration on it.

> Along the same lines, do they have any kind of "charges" (like the Necrotic Ring from EG has "charges" as you do AOTA)
Answer: There are no charges.

> Would there be an option to "lock it" to a certain color/customization if you find one you like, or maybe down the road, customizations for it? Like at EG or something?
Answer: These are not customizable as they are based on the moon they are from.

> Does it work with a functional hood? Like those climate wear stuff?
Answer: Yes

Here is a look at the day information:

She is bathed in a golden sheen of sunlight that mutes the light of Tilaok, causing her aura to shimmer with orange light.

> Head-worn? Pin-worn?
Answer: Pin-worn, they float in the are above you.

> Do the moon halos change with the rising/setting/phases of the moon?
Answer: The halo changes based on phases, twilight, day, late afternoon (dusk-ish).

> Is this messaging when it changes viewable only to the wearer, or to everyone in the room?
Answer: It does not message the room. You have to look at the wearer.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
ASGM of Events
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/03/2021 02:28 PM CDT
>pin-worn

YAY! ::grabby hands::

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Inquisitor of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/03/2021 03:56 PM CDT

Shiny...
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/03/2021 08:44 PM CDT
Ah, if only it could be 'tilted rakishly'. . .

Doug
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/04/2021 10:08 AM CDT
Dude, it's a halo. How do you tilt a sphere? :)

(And if someone mentions "Earth", and seasons, I will smack them.)
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/04/2021 10:19 AM CDT
So...Mars...

- Andreas
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/04/2021 05:51 PM CDT
love love love

from Soliere's player :)
::hippity hop hop, hippity hop hop::
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/04/2021 06:23 PM CDT
>>Dude, it's a halo. How do you tilt a sphere? :)

ha·lo
/ˈhālō/
noun
a disk or circle of light shown surrounding or above the head of a saint or holy person to represent their holiness.
a circle of white or colored light around the sun, moon, or other luminous body caused by refraction through ice crystals in the atmosphere.

Always kicking the number 2, eh, Robert? 0;) (yep, that's the halo of innocence right there that is. Note the graceful non-spherical proportions.)

Although . . .

> remove halo
Raising your hand above your head, you pause as a pinprick of orange light suddenly grows above your head. Slowly, it transforms into a carnelian Tilaok halo that grows large enough for you to pluck from the air.
> wear halo
You lift a carnelian Tilaok halo above your head and release it, which causes the halo to float above your head. It hovers there for several seconds, bathing you in orange light despite the fact that it seemingly shrinks until it is nothing more than a pinpoint of light that eventually disappears.

. . . it appears as though 'rakish' would only apply in the robe / disrobe feature set. :(

Doug
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/19/2021 10:11 AM CDT
In the vein of full disclosure, the Makari halo that went out was "aventurine" and intended to have "viridian" light, not "orange". Tilaok is orange. This has been corrected.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
ASGM of Events
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/19/2021 01:07 PM CDT
We only have one halo left to go out. I just made an update, since the messaging was being missed, to hit the announcement window. It will only message you if you're on Ornath/Liabo.

Wyrom, PM
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/19/2021 09:26 PM CDT
All halos have gone out at this point.

I mentioned this on Discord, but worth repeating here. We didn't anticipate the level of participation this run that we had, so the halos were balanced around the last run. The event has already eclipsed the previous run's opening weekend by 3 times. Halos and possibly other items will return next year, and we'll try to balance it a bit better.

Wyrom, PM
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/19/2021 09:46 PM CDT

I feel you say we didn't anticipate the level of participation pretty much every event. Well at least over 2020 and till now. Not that it's a big deal, just pretty sure you have said that lol. I mean gemstone people go hard and they go long. What else do we have to do.
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/19/2021 10:12 PM CDT
Yes, we have had quite a bit of event growth, but last year's RoL was pretty exceptional, so we didn't think it would have another banner year.

Wyrom, PM
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/20/2021 06:51 AM CDT
Then I think congratulations are due...

Thank you for another fun and successful event! The halos were a great addition to RoL, and based off of the results you mentioned a great driver.

Creating new, limited/unique items that represent the event is always going to bring folks back. Finding the balance between unique/rare and appeasing the masses is the difficult part.

Here's hoping we continue to see new ideas in events and drops that are out of the box and unexpected vs recycled activities and prizes.

Thanks again!
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/20/2021 11:00 PM CDT
How about throwing a few random goodies in there to get us to the end of the event? Locker expansions, fixstats, fixskills, or the like would be fine.
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/20/2021 11:40 PM CDT
The update to the brooch was the difference. I get that maybe that update was last minute but surely staff could predict an increase in participation given the brooch update.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/21/2021 12:18 AM CDT
instead of 4 items per event with some crazy low drop rarity, and then the event exceeds expectations and they all get found in 3 days of the event start (like what happened here), has there been a consideration for alternative approaches. Such as unlimited amount of drops, but they happen once every 100k runs or something. That way if an event exceeds expectations, it scales to accommodate. Just a thought, but I am sure smarter minds than me have already thought of this.
Re: By the light of the silvery.... 04/24/2021 08:21 AM CDT

> it scales to accommodate

That's essentially how bandit caches at DR work. As I understand it, they get more likely to 'go off' the more runs that have been completed (not by an individual but across everyone doing that part of the event).