Puzzle "bugs"... 04/19/2020 11:24 AM CDT
Beware using 3rd party scripts when participating in this event. I've seen many bug reports come in for issues that are completely unrelated to the GS-side scripts running these puzzles/games. Messages like, "Waiting for next quest..." or similar are not issues on our end. These are issues with whatever script you're running to solve these puzzles.

If you encounter a bug that is identified to be on our end, we will replace your entry after fixing the issue. If you have to forfeit or have issues that are deemed to be because of a script that you are running, you will not receive a replacement entry.

Please note: this post is in no way endorsing or encouraging use of 3rd party scripts for this event.

~ Haliste ~
SGM, Events
Auntie H, Forever
Re: Puzzle "bugs"... 04/19/2020 02:30 PM CDT
Uhhh... wouldn't submission of those as 'bugs' be proof positive of scripting, so they should be booted from (that ticket use of) the event?

Shouldn't repeated notices be proof positive of persistent scripting, so they would be Warned then Banned?

Just sayin'.
Re: Puzzle "bugs"... 04/19/2020 02:49 PM CDT
They need to be afk as scripting by itself isn't against policy, so it isn't proof positive.

But I assume it could serve as probable cause to watch more closely and to use other tools to see if present or not.
Re: Puzzle "bugs"... 04/19/2020 02:50 PM CDT
It's not against policy to use a script. It's against policy to go AFK while using a script. Big difference. Very likely the people reporting this are not AFK scripting. So nothing should be warned or banned here from what I'm seeing. More just Haliste trying to tell people that hey, you're using a 3rd-party, unofficially supported script and that script is what is bugging out, nothing they can nor will do to assist on that.
Re: Puzzle "bugs"... 04/19/2020 03:56 PM CDT
Yeah, this isn't a POLICY 18 infraction. But there seems to be an issue with some sort of script that a lot of people are running and using BUG to report it.

Wyrom, PM