When is it coming back? 01/05/2019 10:49 AM CST

I saw on discord that this was unlikely to return “as a stand-alone event” but sounds like it could still return as part of a larger event.

Any hints about if it’s back this year?

Also, a new newsletter on the wiki about what happened last year and what’s to come would be awesome. It it was a Creating Adventure? Be a great place to drop hints about when/how this could come back!
Re: When is it coming back? 01/09/2019 11:47 PM CST
>>Any hints about if it’s back this year?

Like Summit Academy the question comes with "would you want it as is or all new?" This event is a lot harder to add to it, and while the reward has a lot of benefits, it's something we likely have to tweak to make it more appealing overall. Plus adding new puzzles is a bit challenging.

>>Also, a new newsletter on the wiki about what happened last year and what’s to come would be awesome. It it was a Creating Adventure? Be a great place to drop hints about when/how this could come back!

Yeah, I usually get this put together before the end of January.

Wyrom, PM
Re: When is it coming back? 01/10/2019 12:13 PM CST
No new content/puzzles is fine with me, but yeah, I think either the brooch or the per-puzzle rewards need some adjustment. There are too many natural stopping points on the brooch that people would be very reluctant to go past for the sake of the brooch itself (though exactly which stopping point is "the end" depends on the player), and I think there was too much of a flood of L/D notes for them to be a motivator to continue again.

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara
Re: When is it coming back? 01/10/2019 03:48 PM CST
I paced myself on the assumption it was going to run several times.
It was a nice place to hang out too, never mind the puzzles.
Re: When is it coming back? 01/10/2019 06:07 PM CST

I would want it back as-is. I, too, paced myself on the assumption of multiple runs. And because the brooches are account attuned, I will always have new FTP characters who need their own.

I’m also fine with same puzzles. Reward might need tweaking, as l/d notes flooded market, but I’d be OK with stripping out the l/d anyway. The original intent was to give a bigger reward for solving the puzzles, but because the puzzle solutions are now widely known, I don’t think we need a juiced-up reward. The exp gain was enough.
Re: When is it coming back? 01/12/2019 03:30 PM CST
And let me be a contrary voice to the others: keeping in some of the L/D certificates may still be welcome, particularly to folks who, say, didn't get to go the last time....
Re: When is it coming back? 01/12/2019 05:35 PM CST
I would also be happy to get more L/D notes.
Re: When is it coming back? 01/13/2019 06:59 PM CST
I loved getting the notes, I vote to keep as is.
Re: When is it coming back? 01/17/2019 02:57 PM CST
Rings of Lumnis was my vote for most 'fun' event last year, though it wasnt the most lucrative in terms of rewards.

Leaving rewards mostly aside for the moment, opening it up so I could do any of the spheres puzzles and get a reward for the sphere I wanted to work on would go a long way to keeping things 'fresh', since I only really saw the Spiritual Sphere puzzles and didnt get a chance to try the others. I think this simple change would make a difference, as those who wanted to just run the 'known' stuff for the guaranteed benefit could, while those of us who wanted to try our hand at the puzzles we havent before could do so without 'wasting' a run.

When it does come to rewards, perhaps something more than L/D notes...as honestly Ive little use for them. The RPA orbs were nice, but I understand those are very rare and I'd be against making them more common. So, I am honestly not sure what would be a good offering to incentivize and reward successful puzzle completion.

GM Naionna at 11:41 PM
Whick is so pretty. it's a shame he has to talk.