1 3 Next Next_page
Re: Important information! 03/27/2019 10:52 AM CDT
I'd be so happy to see Summit Academy offerings! Gimme all the character customizations.

https://gswiki.play.net/Avawren
Re: Important information! 03/27/2019 11:30 AM CDT
How many hours am I going to have to grind just to get enough Rachi to buy anything at this festival? Grinding is not my idea of fun for a festival. I have just returned after several years and I gave these new currencies a chance but I have found that they have become grindfests instead of fun events. EG was lacking for me and I've already decided I won't be doing DR again because it was more of a chore for me than anything else. If a new currency has to be introduced, can you still let silvers be an option to purchase items from the fest still? I know it won't really make you any money but I won't be purchasing extra tickets just to grind anyway. As much as I'd probably enjoy this event, based on the idea that it has Erithian culture, I'd probably pass if I have to grind to get this new currency. I would rather spend my time enjoying the event if there will be any lore or storylines around it. I'm just that type of player.

Speaking softly to Raelee, Kilthal says, "Many things would be different if people listened to ye."

Speaking to Kilthal, Raelee says, "Believe me. I am painfully aware of that."
Re: Important information! 03/27/2019 01:20 PM CDT
One way they could have eliminated the need for these currencies is, count how many times you achieved the event objectives (which is how you gain currency currently), and the number of times you succeed in the events = how much silver you're allowed to spend at the event. This gives you access to shops, and such. Once you spend silvers on items, the total count is reduced based on the amount of silvers you've spent.

This way participation in the event is mandatory, but the currency used to buy items is still silvers. The devil is in the details, and this is an extremely high-level proposal, but it gates the rewards via the content without allowing people to just buy out everything at the start of the event by "hoarding" their silvers.

Another side to this strategy is that the time spent completing event activities is unable to be pooled (farmed out), which is positive to the more casual player, but punishes those who want to use their multiple accounts to pool their total winnings into a single pile for big returns. However, not being able to farm events across multiple accounts does allow for prices to be more reasonable for the majority playerbase.
Re: Important information! 03/27/2019 01:55 PM CDT
>One way they could have eliminated the need for these currencies is, count how many times you achieved the event objectives (which is how you gain currency currently), and the number of times you succeed in the events = how much silver you're allowed to spend at the event. This gives you access to shops, and such. Once you spend silvers on items, the total count is reduced based on the amount of silvers you've spent.

>This way participation in the event is mandatory, but the currency used to buy items is still silvers. The devil is in the details, and this is an extremely high-level proposal, but it gates the rewards via the content without allowing people to just buy out everything at the start of the event by "hoarding" their silvers.

This is actually a pretty great idea. I have little doubt that it'll never happen. :(

~ Methais
Re: Important information! 03/27/2019 07:10 PM CDT

>EG was lacking for me...

:: Askip mutters something about seashells ::

Nod.

:D
Re: Important information! 03/27/2019 08:40 PM CDT

Yes between dsd and not being one of the very few that didn't win that had enough seashells for the jackpot chest Eg wasn't that great. I had a few decent wins and I did get a jackpot gown :( lol

I still love the fishing, am kind of dreading and having some anticipation towards next year with the changes.
Re: Important information! 03/28/2019 03:24 PM CDT

Full disclosure: I could care less about new currency or costs to participate, IF I HAD MORE MONEY. LOL. Whether or not I will in May remains to be seen though. I'm still chasing some things IG I want, you know, solutions to problems that certain items can solve for me. Maybe they will be achievable for me at this event. Who knows.

As for other people's complaints, I say, "Come on, man!", we don't have many hard details yet, relax. What if they were like, "5 bucks a ticket buys unlimited runs for the event."? You don't know! What if the currency is actually Arshwikk's toe nail clippings!? How AMAZING would that be!? You could collect them, box them up, and I might even autograph a label for you if I'm feeling generous!

On any account, too late for all you people who opted out. I'm sending over documents to the legal department now banning you - and all your alts - from this event henceforth! So, Nuadjha, you can't show up with your little mini-ranger, Googleyboo, and participate. Sorry. Actually, if you did have another ranger with that name they CAN participate, because that would be AMAZING and you would need rewarded for such vision.

On a serious note. Naw, forget that, I don't feel like it. Let's just see what else they say about the event though.

- Arshwikk Powa~!
Re: Important information! 03/28/2019 03:52 PM CDT
I'm going to call that a "sunny, optimistic attitude."

Now if you could bottle THAT... you'd have a market. :)
Re: Important information! 03/28/2019 03:57 PM CDT
I think I want to toe clippings *runs away...far away*

- Akanah
Re: Important information! 03/29/2019 03:30 PM CDT
>>I think I want to toe clippings *runs away...far away*

As in the "aaahh! Real Monsters" currency?

Wyrom, PM
1 3 Next Next_page