1 3 Next Next_page
Re: Event vs. Event 02/08/2016 06:02 PM CST

It would be great if the raffle system could be reworked to allow someone to win while not in the game. I actually had planned on attending BMC, but had to work over the weekend.

Just an elf about town...
Re: Event vs. Event 02/08/2016 11:03 PM CST
I have a lot of feedback to give as a six year premium player but it takes forever to write posts and usually you never know if it will be ignored or considered with a response as there are way more posters than gms. For player feedback have you ever considered over the phone "open office" time? Might be a good way to get to know more players as well.
Re: Event vs. Event 02/10/2016 06:28 PM CST
>>Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting getting rid of live merchants, that's some fun stuff, but give other options that require less in-game time please.

Tamuz and I are discussing (perhaps brainstorming is more accurate) a lot of ideas for more automated systems. Doing things via a system like the alter scroll system, though, has cons as well as pros. For example, the back and forth between players and GMs (ie, Sadie) can take a long time if the request isn't simple (like an alter that's not allowed, an item that can't be worked on, rare materials, etc.). These types of things make live merchant alterations a lot more desirable for the masses. Plus, if you spent a fair amount of money on an event, would you want to wait a week... or two... or a month to get your alteration back? That could (and would) happen because of people's different schedules. When we do something like EG or BMC, staff blocks out chunks of Real Life Time to run their merchants and events. With all their other responsibilities IRL and in game, things like this would likely end up snowballing into super lengthy projects and potentially keep GMs from their other responsibilities. Anyway, like I said, we're working on several ideas for future events.

>>For player feedback have you ever considered over the phone "open office" time?

We prefer to keep game related discussions in game or on the boards. The exception is Simucon meetings.

~Liia
APM, Events & World Development

Dear My Favoritest Liia,
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my barbie-loving soul can reach... (even when you set me on fire)
~Issalya
Re: Event vs. Event 02/11/2016 09:44 AM CST
I think I received one service each at the last 3 or 4 events I attended but I don't begrudge the people who get 10 or 50. Problem with me is that if a raffle draws at 7pm on a Saturday and a friend calls me to get a beer at 6:50pm, I'm out the door.
Re: Event vs. Event 02/12/2016 11:15 PM CST
>>I think I received one service each at the last 3 or 4 events I attended but I don't begrudge the people who get 10 or 50. Problem with me is that if a raffle draws at 7pm on a Saturday and a friend calls me to get a beer at 6:50pm, I'm out the door.

That's the problem. You shouldn't have a life outside of GS.
Re: Event vs. Event 03/24/2016 09:15 AM CDT

People have to have jobs to pay for this stuff. If they want to keep making money they need to make the events friendly to people who have a life and can't live in GS. Also say a new player pays to go to an event. These things are set up for people who know what is going on. A new person is lost doesn't know what is going on how things work. Say they do go to an raffle or event and win something? Then they are asked for 10 million silver to pay for it? Do you think a person who is new has 10 million silver? Do you think this will make them want to keep playing GS after they are already paying 15$ a month and an extra 35$ for the event? In the mind of this person they just got told after paying 50 bucks this month, that because they have only been playing a few months that they can't win anything because they haven't been here since the beginning of time hording silver for events like this. I had a few people come play GS and out of 4 1 is still playing because of. 1. the prices in the simu shop 2. How events like BMC are set up. 3. People selling silver for real money and the effect it has on in game merchandise(Doesn't bother me but some people don't like it).I Know the need to get silver out of the games some how so inflation isn't crazy and to make money to employ people to run the game. Just would like to put in perspective how the game looks to the few new players that do come. A guy is new lvls to 55 sees his stats are not what they should be because he had no idea what they should be when he started. Now he needs to pay like 225$ to fix them? like a car payment? So he gets upset and quits.
Re: Event vs. Event 03/24/2016 12:18 PM CDT
> A new person is lost doesn't know what is going on how things work. Say they do go to an raffle or event and win something? Then they are asked for 10 million silver to pay for it?

My wife did fairly well at her first EG. I concede that getting around the festivals is not trivial if you're 100% new, but people set up shop lists and get maps out there, and while a lot of GM stuff is not scheduled, some of it is.

I know my experience with new players is they spend more time (and get more enjoyment out of) sniffing the roses and stuff. Everyone remembers the first merchant tents they ever went in right? How about the 5th one...any recollection? Probably not.

I may be mistaken, but most raffles that cost additional silvers are for gear upgrades, and it only costs 10m (or whatever outrageous price) if you already had good gear. The new player that's too poor to pay 10m for the 1x enchant they won in a raffle was by definition too poor to own the item that costed 10m to enchant, right?

My wife's first EG she got a fully unlocked hair bauble raffle, and some white ora choose-your-weapon raffle, and several other things. I recall the white ora one well, since she asked me for advice on which to choose. "If you want to sell it, the handaxe might be a good choice. If you want to use it, make it a dagger and have the coolest skinning / fletching knife zests ever." And so she has the latter.

True, I gave her 2m before the festival started and said "go have some fun" but she didn't spend nearly that much I don't think, and certainly not 10m, despite winning solid raffles.

The deathbot will come back eventually.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
1 3 Next Next_page