Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/10/2017 07:04 PM CDT
FURROWFOOT
That's 3.0247, not 3.0. #sigfigged

Correct, but it was provided in the same format as all previous results I've supplied in such comparisons.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/10/2017 08:11 PM CDT
<Sorcerers seem to be a perfect example, as backed up by non-anecdotal data.

How so? Sorcerers train in 2 lores mainly by your accounts. Demonology and Necro. Demonology provides defense bonus and strong RP bonus (summoning a specific demon). I would bet that most sorcerers don't go past around 50 ranks of demonology and put the rest in necromancy. This is due to the fact that a number of the spells affected by demonology stop at around 50 ranks. SO once you pass that mark you go from 3-4 spells being affected to 1 spell. Some people may start with demonology because it provides more defense ability. I didn't because I hate the implementation of demons. So much hassle for so little benefit (like going to jail because you have a brain fart). I can't think of another spell that requires massive guild training just to use in town, but I'm getting sidetracked.

Maybe I am way off and it really is just me. I've never made it to way past cap so maybe I am misunderstanding somethings about how lore works. As a wizard once I have 202 ranks in elemental lores could I train in necro lore still or is it 202 ranks for all lores total?

http://i.imgur.com/lsWPzG9.gif
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/10/2017 08:19 PM CDT
<Correct, but it was provided in the same format as all previous results I've supplied in such comparisons.

So the average is 4 casts not 3. So it is 3s vs 0s.

Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/10/2017 08:23 PM CDT
Also is that 3.02 casts of Hurl Boulder? Or 1 cast of Tremor and then 3.02 casts of Hurl Boulder? If its the last one that raises the amount of time to 4s on average.

Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/10/2017 08:25 PM CDT
>> Also is that 3.02 casts of Hurl Boulder? Or 1 cast of Tremor and then 3.02 casts of Hurl Boulder? If its the last one that raises the amount of time by 3s to 6s on average.

Not really since you can STOMP with no RT penalty a number of times after each cast/EVOKE of Tremors.

-- Robert
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/10/2017 08:33 PM CDT
>Not really since you can STOMP with no RT penalty a number of times after each cast/EVOKE of Tremors.

This and the other pures will use crowd control spells as well.
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/10/2017 08:57 PM CDT
<Not really since you can STOMP with no RT penalty a number of times after each cast/EVOKE of Tremors.

Interesting, I've yet you use that version since it is weaker than the main spell. I'll give it a shot.

Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/10/2017 09:00 PM CDT
<This and the other pures will use crowd control spells as well.

Do clerics and empaths use crowd control?

I know sorcerers sometimes do.

Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/10/2017 09:14 PM CDT
>Interesting, I've yet you use that version since it is weaker than the main spell. I'll give it a shot.

I find the self cast version of 909 to be very useful in 1v1 or 1v2+ situations where 909 works on the creatures.

If it's 1v1:
TAP (if holding a runestaff) or STOMP (stomps your foot) with an immediate follow up with 917 (squishy target) or 510 (well armored target) and then I go from there.

If it's 1v2+:
TAP (if holding a runestaff) or STOMP (stomps your foot) with an immediate follow up with 410. Now all (or almost all) targets should be down from 909 and in some kind of RT from 410. I'll open up from there with Hurl Boulder cast of 518 and see what needs to be done after that.

On creatures that are immune or resistant to 909 - what's the point? Hopefully 410 or 912 will work - if they don't....then you're left with hoping you can catch them with a cast of 512 to root.

Either way, I'm always using some sort of CC when facing a target with my wizard. I can't say the same about other pures (highest other pure I have is a level 18 empath followed by a level 10 sorcerer). If I can't CC a target in an effective manner, then I won't bother with bolting. It's just not an ideal situation to stand there slinging bolts every 1 second (if 515 is in use) or 3 seconds.

-Drumpel
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/10/2017 09:30 PM CDT
VEYTHORNE
What if there were a second creature in the room to pull up any creature hit by the tremor? That could increase the number of casts.

Not all creatures do that and presumably, you can knock down both. There's literally dozens of "what if" situations for any scenario, so you reduce it down largest common denominator. Also, even if a target stands/is pulled up, the EBP penalty from 909 is still active.

VEYTHORNE
I would also point out that spiritualists don't require a knock-down be used prior to every single cast. In the example you posted, every 8 uses you would need to recast 909, so the calculated casts per kill would increase. That's an additional 1250 casts.

No, as 909 can be refresh outside of combat while you're wandering around trying to find your next target. It's the same reason Fleurs doesn't claim 240+317/1117 kills in 2 casts, even though spiritualists have to recast 240 every 30 seconds.

MEKK1
So the average is 4 casts not 3. So it is 3s vs 0s.

No, the average is 3.0247. A majority of the time, it takes 3 casts or less to kill a triton radical under the stated scenario.

Drumpel
I find the self cast version of 909 to be very useful in 1v1 or 1v2+ situations where 909 works on the creatures.

Indeed. I ran the test with and without 909 and the difference was significant. If you can use it, you most certainly should.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/10/2017 10:18 PM CDT
>> Indeed. I ran the test with and without 909 and the difference was significant. If you can use it, you most certainly should.

I use this with my warmage... I never use it with Faulkil (pure wizard). I'll give it a try!

I remember trying self cast 909 when the spell first updated and things kept standing right back up which I found annoying and determined not to use the spell any further but maybe I'll notice and appreciate the EPB difference if I try it again.

It would be a more exciting (fun) effect if there was some sort of visible indicator that it was working... for example, what if there was a short message whenever the creature would have avoided the attack but due to the 909 effect it didn't? The indicator would give some sense that the spell was doing something AND a sense of how frequently.

Just some idle thoughts on making the spell more fun. Totally silent spells, while maybe mechanically effective, still leave something to be desired. Even passive defense spells still show up in the numbers.

-- Robert
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 07:48 AM CDT
>I use this with my warmage... I never use it with Faulkil (pure wizard). I'll give it a try!

>I remember trying self cast 909 when the spell first updated and things kept standing right back up which I found annoying and determined not to use the spell any further but maybe I'll notice and appreciate the EPB difference if I try it again.

I know when the spell initially released, there was a calculation bug that made the self cast version very pathetic and it wasn't good at putting almost any creature down (level 80 or 81 at the time and mongrel trolls - level 16 or so - only fell about half the time I used it). It was corrected really fast and I haven't had any issues with it since.

Using 909 with a follow up spell - there is that fraction of a second where a creature could possibly stand up before you get your cast off. Much like how wizards have that small chance of getting caught in offensive when stance dancing when casting bolt. It's rare I have this happen to me, but every now and then a creature will be back on its feet.

Just be sure the targets you're after fall to 909. If they do, the single cast version should always put down a like level creature for you without fail, I can't comment on creatures higher level since I don't overhunt at the moment.

-Drumpel
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 08:20 AM CDT
>there is that fraction of a second where a creature could possibly stand up before you get your cast off. Much like how wizards have that small chance of getting caught in offensive when stance dancing when casting bolt. It's rare I have this happen to me, but every now and then a creature will be back on its feet.

Even with a macro, it happens very often. The creature seems speedy and instant too. :\

>I can't comment on creatures higher level

It's fairly unreliable, and there are a lot of creatures that can't knock down as you move to capped hunting also.
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 08:35 AM CDT
You can still reduce their EBP though and that is one of the major shortcomings of bolts that have been pointed out.

Keith/Brinret/Eronderl

Keith is correct
-Wyrom, APM

Keith is correct.
-GameMaster Estild

Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 08:54 AM CDT
"What if there were a second creature in the room to pull up any creature hit by the tremor? That could increase the number of casts." -- Veythorne

Phrased the way I see things with my Mage:
"What if there were a second target in the room to be affected by the same activation of the Tremor? That could increase the number of targets affected by my splashy spells."

Estild was tasked with worrying about single targets at a time; this has been LadyFleurs' posited situation for months.

Multiple creatures in the room, means a different attack may be more optimal.
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 08:55 AM CDT
The Wiki says the EBP is only reduced if they knock down or if they're already prone and would otherwise have failed the knock down roll. Does this affect creatures that would never knock down (flying, already lying on their bellies)? Specifically asking about war griffins and rift crawlers.
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 09:34 AM CDT
Maybe I'm missing something or doing something wrong, but 909 stomp is doing nothing against any of these creatures Estild used in his data set. War griffins, rift crawlers, cerebralites... strike zero. So it doesn't address EBP for any of them. Meanwhile, 240+warding spell takes care of the entire problem in one boost.
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 09:46 AM CDT
>Maybe I'm missing something or doing something wrong, but 909 stomp is doing nothing against any of these creatures Estild used in his data set. War griffins, rift crawlers, cerebralites... strike zero. So it doesn't address EBP for any of them. Meanwhile, 240+warding spell takes care of the entire problem in one boost.

I wouldn't expect anything that flies to be bothered by 909.

Some things are immune or very resistant to 909/410/912. Stronghold critters, they don't give a rip about 909. 410 however, does work on them.

As the corridor snakes through the solid stone of the mountain, it grows more confined and chaotic. Large boulders are heaped to either side, protruding into the walkway here and there in stubborn feints. The walls are pocked and rough, giving little evidence of any pretense at conformity. You also see an Illoke mystic.
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast
>incant 909
Your hands glow with power as you invoke the phrase for Tremors...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
Faint ripples in the floor form beneath you for a moment.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
>
An Illoke mystic summons the wrath of his god as he gestures at you!
A massive stone hand appears in the air before you!
The huge fist clutches at you, but you avoid its crushing grasp!
An Illoke mystic looks weakened!
>
An Illoke mystic invokes the power of his god.
>tap
You tap your orase runestaff on the floor, unleashing a roiling wave of elemental power!
The ground begins to shake violently, making it hard to stand.
>incant 410
You trace a simple rune while intoning the mystical phrase for Elemental Wave...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at an Illoke mystic.
A wave of dark ethereal ripples moves outward from you.
An Illoke mystic is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves and is knocked to the ground.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>tap
You tap your orase runestaff on the floor, unleashing a roiling wave of elemental power!
The ground begins to shake violently, making it hard to stand.

As you can see, if the target is immune to 909, even when prone, the effects of 909 doesn't trigger on the creature. Even though on the gswiki it says "Prone targets that would have failed the knock-down roll also receive said penalty."

Prone targets that get hit with the EBP will "bounces along the dirt as the tremors shake". The mystic didn't in my snip you see above.

So, either the gswiki is wrong about EBP being applied to a prone target that would have failed the knock-down roll or the spell isn't working as intended....or the gswiki is just worded in poorly and it should indicate creatures immune to 909 won't have EBP reduction, even when prone.

-Drumpel
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 09:49 AM CDT
>> Maybe I'm missing something or doing something wrong, but 909 stomp is doing nothing against any of these creatures Estild used in his data set. War griffins, rift crawlers, cerebralites... strike zero.

I'm not entirely thrilled with the machanic either - I like the stomp ability as a warmage (I'm looking for DS reduction here primarily due to the knockdown) but as an EPB reducer it's feels 'bothersome' to have to use this as a setup for each creature, in addition to other disablers that will be needed, just to use bolts more effectively. STOMP is not an effective replacement for the other disabler spells that I use (Call Wind, Immolation) so it's yet another pre-action I need to take to get to the meat of the combat.

I've generally been hunting without it (as a pure) but if we agree that EPB is problematic for bolts I'd rather see a different / cleaner implementation to address this than having to go through numerous gyrations at the beginning of each battle. What about tying some of the bolt EPB benefit into our other disabler spells (Call Wind and Immolation)? Or revisiting bolt EPB modifiers for prone targets? Or failing that, considering the bolt EPB improvement spell I posted a few weeks back?

-- Robert
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 10:18 AM CDT

This might not be an issue for you, Robert, but jumping in here before the whole "another button to be pressed" thing gets thrown in, stomp/tap/pound are a free action, requiring no RT, hard or soft. It could be macro'd into something so as to keep that from being another action needed.
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 10:21 AM CDT
LADYFLEUR
It's fairly unreliable, and there are a lot of creatures that can't knock down as you move to capped hunting also.

Even against creatures that are 10 levels above the caster, manually activated 909 is pretty much guaranteed to work. The issue is against creatures that are either directly (liches) or indirectly (flying, can't be knock down, or magic immune) immune to the spell.

In the Scatter, liches, destroyers, crawlers, and cerebralites are immune, which admittedly, is most of the creatures.
In Old Ta'Faendryl, only war griffins and constructs are immune. All the Ithzir are susceptible.
In Nelemar, only spectral triton defenders are immune. All other tritons, sirens, and elementals are susceptible.
In the Sanctum of Scales, only the sidewinders are immune.
All elementals in the Elemental Confluence are immune.
All undead in the Settlement of Reim are susceptible.
All bandits are susceptible.
All Grimswarm are susceptible.

LADYFLEUR
The Wiki says the EBP is only reduced if they knock down or if they're already prone and would otherwise have failed the knock down roll. Does this affect creatures that would never knock down (flying, already lying on their bellies)? Specifically asking about war griffins and rift crawlers

It can affect creatures that are already prone, but will not affect creatures that resist or are otherwise immune to the spell (due to flying or not able to be knocked down (rift crawlers)).

GameMaster Estild
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 10:29 AM CDT
I can't read the Wizard 'help' file on Win7, because I haven't done <whatever it takes to read old .HLP files>.

But I remember in the old DOS front end, that we could daisy-chain commands & scripts & keystrokes. (So "F4 in set1 could trigger Shift+F9 in set3 which called ScriptX at some point", or whatever.)

Can the same thing be done in Wizard? Stormfront? (I assume) Lich?
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 10:32 AM CDT
The wiki has the help file for the wizard reproduced on it.

It is possible to call a WIZ script from a macro. Daisy chaining them together I haven't tried, but I'm going to guess no. Lich, yes. Easily.

Doug
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 10:33 AM CDT
>stomp/tap/pound are a free action, requiring no RT, hard or soft. It could be macro'd into something so as to keep that from being another action needed.

It is another button to press because requiring an extra action prevents one from stance dancing with the bolt macro. Or the claim that wizards are "never" in offensive is incorrect (which it is anyway).

>In the Scatter, liches, destroyers, crawlers, and cerebralites are immune, which admittedly, is most of the creatures.
>In Old Ta'Faendryl, only war griffins and constructs are immune. All the Ithzir are susceptible.

So only Ithzir champions are actually capped/post-cap and not immune?

>In Nelemar, only spectral triton defenders are immune. All other tritons, sirens, and elementals are susceptible.

Aren't sentries immune, too?

>All elementals in the Elemental Confluence are immune.

Why are elementals in the Confluence immune, but not elementals in Nelemar? Are all elementals not the same?

>All undead in the Settlement of Reim are susceptible.

I thought we don't balance around pay areas.

>All bandits are susceptible.

I've never claimed an inability to hunt bandits. They are hands down the easiest and quickest hunting around.

Part of the power ceiling I'm looking for is the ability to hunt these same post-cap/capped creatures in the above capped hunting grounds that the other pures can. Warding spells don't have to have a third boost to address any EBP issues (there are none), so this is part of the tedium I'm talking about. It's also ineffective on many creatures that players actually hunt or want to hunt, as you pointed out above.

>It can affect creatures that are already prone, but will not affect creatures that resist or are otherwise immune to the spell

Regardless of whether a creature is already prone or not, is it correct that the way we'll know it's affected is the bouncing along the ground line?
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 10:37 AM CDT
>>So only Ithzir champions are actually capped/post-cap and not immune?

No.

Doug
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 10:40 AM CDT
That's not what Estild's summary above about OTF says. There are no other creatures in OTF besides war griffins and Ithzir champions that are 100 or above.
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 10:49 AM CDT

>>It is another button to press because requiring an extra action prevents one from stance dancing with the bolt macro. Or the claim that wizards are "never" in offensive is incorrect (which it is anyway).

I'm guessing what I typed was either not understood or intentionally ignored. I shouldn't be surprised. It can be macro'd into another action, so no, it's not another button to press, if you set up the macro ahead of time, which is... you know, what macros require? You know, create a macro to stomp/tap/pound/flickboogers/whatever and follow it up with whatever your spell of choise is.
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 10:54 AM CDT
I'm still going to ask if looking into Elemental Overload as an option for 909 immune creatures is something worth pursuing. Given that it gives you a roughly 65% chance of a "fatal possible" crit (channeled, and assuming that it can hit the same location twice, better odds if it's guaranteed different) is it enough to adress the current concerns?
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 10:57 AM CDT
>>That's not what Estild's summary above about OTF says

Your quote included the Scatter. Since you purposefully chose to emphasize words to make your point, but those words applied to the Scatter - it was not your wish to limit the discussion to OTF.

Doug
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 11:06 AM CDT
>>That's not what Estild's summary above about OTF says. There are no other creatures in OTF besides war griffins and Ithzir champions that are 100 or above.

Web bolt knocks Griffins out of the air, you should get a web bolt sk item.

I'll trade you web bolt for 513 and 425. Or 909 for open cast web.
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 11:06 AM CDT
LADYFLEUR
So only Ithzir champions are actually capped/post-cap and not immune?

No, not even after you narrow down your criteria to creatures that level 100 or higher. More so, we don't use that criteria, as capped characters do plenty of hunting in ALL of those listed areas. A level 100 character, whether newly leveled or 15m experience, can hunt and advance in any of those areas. We don't balance around allowing specific professions the ability to solo in the Scatter.

LADYFLEUR
Aren't sentries immune, too?

My apology, yes, the sentries are immune too.

LADYFLEUR
Why are elementals in the Confluence immune, but not elementals in Nelemar? Are all elementals not the same?

No, greater elementals are not the same as huge elementals.

LADYFLEUR
I thought we don't balance around pay areas.

We don't balance around Duskruin.

LADYFLEUR
I've never claimed an inability to hunt bandits. They are hands down the easiest and quickest hunting around.

I'm pretty sure you never claimed the inability to hunt almost every hunting area I listed. That wasn't the criteria for my list.

LADYFLEUR
Part of the power ceiling I'm looking for is the ability to hunt these same post-cap/capped creatures in the above capped hunting grounds that the other pures can. Warding spells don't have to have a third boost to address any EBP issues (there are none), so this is part of the tedium I'm talking about. It's also ineffective on many creatures that players actually hunt or want to hunt, as you pointed out above.

Pretty much the only one that stands out is the Scatter and I already addressed that above.

LADYFLEUR
Regardless of whether a creature is already prone or not, is it correct that the way we'll know it's affected is the bouncing along the ground line?

Yes, "Creature bounces along the floor|ground as the tremors shake." is the messaging for an affected target that is already prone.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 11:14 AM CDT
>It can be macro'd into another action, so no, it's not another button to press, if you set up the macro ahead of time, which is... you know, what macros require? You know, create a macro to stomp/tap/pound/flickboogers/whatever and follow it up with whatever your spell of choise is.

Of course people set up macros ahead of time. It doesn't change the fact it's another button to press though because in the actual game, a Premium subscriber gets 2 type-ahead lines. It might be different for Platinum, I have no clue. A poor basic wizard only has 1 type ahead line.

For the non-scripter, this limits players to "stance offensive/bolt/stance defensive" if we're claiming no offensive time, as Dev suggests. That requires a separate macro/button to press to add in a stomp or other effect beforehand, unless one chooses to skip the stance dancing entirely.
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 11:17 AM CDT
If you're channeling your bolt spells for the increased critical chance, you wouldn't need the stance defensive.
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 11:19 AM CDT
>> If you're channeling your bolt spells for the increased critical chance, you wouldn't need the stance defensive.

The examples provided are for non-channel, since channel is 3 second hard RT and the scenario looked at is Rapid Fire, which you can't channel. That's where the 940 discussion comes in, since it's not intended to work with Rapid Fire, you can channel it without a time change (but with a small defensiveness change)
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 11:20 AM CDT
>No, not even after you narrow down your criteria to creatures that level 100 or higher.

I didn't quote/phrase that correctly, but I was asking the question in relation to the OTF line only.

>My apology, yes, the sentries are immune too.

>A level 100 character, whether newly leveled or 15m experience, can hunt and advance in any of those areas.
>Pretty much the only one that stands out is the Scatter and I already addressed that above.

I'm not looking at only creatures in the Scatter, which is why I mentioned the post-cap creatures in OTF, Nelemar, etc. Of course, a character can advance to infinity on bandits, but that is boring. Similarly, to me, underhunting is also boring. I could do all those things before I capped. This is why I asked the question about sentries and non-corporeal undead that don't stun or are immune to 909 stomp.

>No, greater elementals are not the same as huge elementals.

Huge elementals are OP! I want to become one!

>Yes, "Creature bounces along the floor|ground as the tremors shake." is the messaging for an affected target that is already prone.

Thanks for the clarification. Thanks also for the list, as it helps with my testing and will prevent me from wasting time building certain cases of data.
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 11:22 AM CDT
I, and many post-cap pure wizards, am never going to CHANNEL a single bolt/cycle in stance offensive for all the EBP/crit location/randomization lottery in one shot. CHANNELing a single bolt definitely never results in cast/kill or time/kill parity with the other pures.
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 11:26 AM CDT

>>It doesn't change the fact it's another button to press though because in the actual game,

It's a text based game. Pressing buttons is sort of the point. But... I expect that won't matter to you, because it's not something you want. And... you should be able to press buttons pretty quickly, since it's literally just one button. Let's do a quick test. See the 1, and the 2 buttons on your keyboard. Now, on the count of three, I want you to press them, first 1, then 2. Did that take more than .5 seconds? If no, what's the problem. If yes, you should probably look into some other options. I'd recommend talk to text. I recall someone saying that worked well for them.
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 11:45 AM CDT
While you're in here, Estild, the cerebralite barrier is still preventing the 513 scaling AS from functioning correctly. I believe I originally BUGed it at the release, but I just did so again.
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 11:45 AM CDT

>>I, and many post-cap pure wizards, am never going to CHANNEL a single bolt/cycle in stance offensive for all the EBP/crit location/randomization lottery in one shot. CHANNELing a single bolt definitely never results in cast/kill or time/kill parity with the other pures.

Wut? I Insta - kill war Griffins with channeled steam all the time.
Re: Another Reason Water Lore Should Also Unlock Minor Steam 05/11/2017 11:49 AM CDT
>>Huge elementals are OP! I want to become one!

Heh. I see a spec for spell 999 - Master Elemental, in the preliminary stages. Would be a hoot to be able to 'go Huge Elemental Water' and walk the Fire side of the Confluence (or visit the Landing ;). A risky hoot. . .

Doug