Prev_page Previous 1
Loresinging Updates 04/15/2016 12:23 PM CDT
Loresinging has received a number of general updates.
Updates include better identification and information on a number of staple item features including eblade, ensorcell, ranger resistances, paladin bonded weapons and their restrictions, warrior bonded weapons, alchemy jars, alchemy ingredients, cobbling leathers and adornments, tempering potions, and data on the precise internal dimensions of containers.

In addition to these previous updates, loresong has been rewritten to have more specific failure messages. Roundtimes for songs have been decreased by 30%. The maximum roundtime for any song is now capped at 15 seconds. Detection of duplicate songs has been improved.

Loresongs will only require the noun for the first verse. Additional stand alone verses will continue to target the item being sung to as long as it is still within your hand.

And bards can now type STOP LORESONG or STOP LORESING to clear out their current loresong.

-KEIOS
Keios is pretty amazing. ~Wyrom

Re: Loresinging Updates 04/15/2016 12:24 PM CDT
And in case some inquiring minds wish to know. The following aspects of loresinging have not been updated:

The calculation of item values.
The reported weight of items.

-KEIOS

Re: Loresinging Updates 04/15/2016 12:24 PM CDT
So excited! Keios for President!

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/15/2016 12:28 PM CDT
Thanks for this, but this part still does not work, particularly with items with nouns that are too short and require a reference adjective.

>Additional stand alone verses will continue to target the item being sung to as long as it is still within your hand.
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/15/2016 12:30 PM CDT
This makes me want to bail out of work so I can go home and sing to all the things.

---
With great effort you combine the value of your two bloodscrip, leaving you with a single parchment bloodscrip valued at 2112.
You think to yourself, "Another toy that helped destroy the elder race of man..."
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/15/2016 12:35 PM CDT

A faint rumbling sounds from above, as if the words of your song were somehow displeasing.

I keep getting that, but still get the loresong info.
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/15/2016 12:36 PM CDT
> A faint rumbling sounds from above, as if the words of your song were somehow displeasing.

> I keep getting that, but still get the loresong info.

It means the gods like what you're doing. Don't displease them by stopping!

~ Konacon
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/15/2016 12:44 PM CDT
>>Thanks for this, but this part still does not work, particularly with items with nouns that are too short and require a reference adjective.

If you could supply information on the item being sung to, the song you are singing, and the failure message you are receiving, that would be helpful.

-KEIOS

Re: Loresinging Updates 04/15/2016 01:07 PM CDT
>If you could supply information on the item being sung to, the song you are singing, and the failure message you are receiving, that would be helpful.

It looks like this is fixed if I insert the word "item" into the other verses of the song. Thanks.
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/15/2016 01:09 PM CDT
A faint rumbling sounds from above, as if the words of your song were somehow displeasing.
I keep getting that, but still get the loresong info.

>It means the gods like what you're doing. Don't displease them by stopping!

>~ Konacon

I'm rollin' here...

~ Haliste ~
The Forest Gnome of Silverwood Manor
ASGM, World Development
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/15/2016 01:14 PM CDT

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the jacket is as a wearable container of some kind with a maximum interior capacity of 160 pounds with room for any number of items.

I LOVE THIS. No more filling up containers with junk to get their capacity. Yay!
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/15/2016 01:31 PM CDT
These are awesome updates!

-- Robert

Raggler squeakily says, "Muffins are also known to be one of the most healthiest foods in the world."

Raggler squeakily says, "It's a fact."
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/15/2016 01:38 PM CDT
Yes, these are great updates. Less tedium, more fun!
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/15/2016 02:05 PM CDT

>Roundtimes ... have been decreased by 30%

Let's make this a trend
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/15/2016 03:15 PM CDT
Hmm. Looks like I missed a few from my list.

Loresing will also now reveal plinite extraction difficulties, spell properties of magical food, more precise gold ring destination information, holy receptacle gem details, and the properties of cores extracted from plinites.

-KEIOS

Re: Loresinging Updates 04/15/2016 03:36 PM CDT

Keios for President!!!

~Palvella
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/15/2016 03:46 PM CDT
Wow! Nice update. And continued expansion.

Thanks! Back to singing. . .

Doug
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/15/2016 07:28 PM CDT
I second the "Wow!" -- these are awesome and make me feel all warm & fuzzy inside :) Thank you for the very nice updates!

/seo, wheels and skulls department/
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/16/2016 02:14 AM CDT
I don't think I saw it on the list, but any chance of it also telling you about script-related flares? Snake flares and mechanical flares come to mind in particular. Previously you'd get something about a special ability in the 3rd verse, but then in the 4th it'd not reveal any further information. Based off that I'd assume script-related flares or something, so I'd analyze and/or go test it out.
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/16/2016 03:31 PM CDT
From a set of armor on my mage;

The first thing that strikes you about the leather is the weight, which is about 8 pounds. In your best estimation, it's worth about 11,750,000 silvers. You can also tell that the full leather is predominantly crafted of leather.

You sense a faint aura of magic surrounding the leather. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the leather is as some type of defensive garment.

It has a bonus of +25 from a normal leather, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it is soft leather armor.The full leather seems to have some sort of unusual protection against damage.

As your song penetrates the full leather, you determine that it is incredibly resistant to puncturing attacks and incredibly resistant to fiery attacks.

Notice how the temp. warrior and temp. ranger resistance aren't detected as temporary.

Also funny, sang to my sonic runestaff and got 12, 13, 13, 14 seconds RT but no messaging.
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/17/2016 07:17 PM CDT
Can we please add knockout flares, ithzir flares (including trees), chronomage daggers, nervestaves, and refilling ale/wine vessels to the list of visible flares on loresong?

I did notice some of these have information on analyze (ex: ithzir) so thanks for that!
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/18/2016 10:30 PM CDT
I sang to a paladin bonded weapon last night ... and while the weapon CLEARLY knew who it was bonded to, it seems to me it should have sung that to me and shared the information and all.

:)
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/18/2016 10:48 PM CDT
>>Can we please add knockout flares, ithzir flares (including trees), chronomage daggers, nervestaves, and refilling ale/wine vessels to the list of visible flares on loresong?

I can look into these, but as they are scripted items, I cannot guarantee a timeframe, if any.

-KEIOS

Re: Loresinging Updates 04/18/2016 11:05 PM CDT
>>I sang to a paladin bonded weapon last night ... and while the weapon CLEARLY knew who it was bonded to, it seems to me it should have sung that to me and shared the information and all.

I just tried this out... and it seems to work. Can you give me more information on what you saw?

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the eonake longsword in your hand...

The harmonics generated tell you that the longsword has been sanctified for use by a Cleric or Paladin in the fight against the undead.
The longsword has been bound to Keios via the spell Sanctify.

The longsword hums clearly, indicating that the restriction's conditions are as follows:
This item is restricted to use by Keios.

-KEIOS

Re: Loresinging Updates 04/18/2016 11:07 PM CDT
>>I don't think I saw it on the list, but any chance of it also telling you about script-related flares? Snake flares and mechanical flares come to mind in particular. Previously you'd get something about a special ability in the 3rd verse, but then in the 4th it'd not reveal any further information. Based off that I'd assume script-related flares or something, so I'd analyze and/or go test it out.

These, unfortunately, have to be handled in the scripts themselves. I can ask and see, but I can't make guarantees.

-KEIOS

Re: Loresinging Updates 04/19/2016 08:43 AM CDT
>>Notice how the temp. warrior and temp. ranger resistance aren't detected as temporary.

This should now be working properly. Please give it a try and let me know if it is displaying properly for you now.

>>Also funny, sang to my sonic runestaff and got 12, 13, 13, 14 seconds RT but no messaging.

Tell your runestaff to stop being so sensitive. ;)
I take a look into that.

-KEIOS

Re: Loresinging Updates 04/19/2016 09:56 AM CDT

A big thank you for the update and the quick responses about looking into things. I'd like to make sure everyone knows the update is super appreciated, even if it might look like we're just asking for more/different in response.
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/19/2016 12:26 PM CDT
Best updates for bards in ages. huzzah and kudos.

GBB
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/19/2016 12:58 PM CDT
Scrolls, mech weapons, and knockout weapons should all have more descriptive loresongs now.

-KEIOS

Re: Loresinging Updates 04/19/2016 02:17 PM CDT
This could use some clarity:

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the thin gold ring in your hand...

The ring is attuned to somewhere, but you are uncertain where.
You concentrate on the faint harmonics emitted by the ring but do not sense any obvious foes.
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/19/2016 02:43 PM CDT
>> Scrolls, mech weapons, and knockout weapons should all have more descriptive loresongs now.

Wow, it's like Christmas every day this week here! :)

So, about the unknown paladin:

The song to the backsword told me:

The harmonics generated tell you that the backsword has been permanently infused with a divine flaming substance and has been sanctified for use by a Cleric or Paladin in the fight against the undead.
The backsword has been bound, but you are unable to determine exactly whom, via the spell Sanctify.

(Might need an extra 'to' in there, as well...)

~L.
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/19/2016 02:48 PM CDT

>>The ring is attuned to somewhere, but you are uncertain where.

>>The song to the backsword told me:

If these two items could be BUGGED in game, I can take a look and see what the issues may be.

-KEIOS

Re: Loresinging Updates 04/19/2016 04:51 PM CDT
>If these two items could be BUGGED in game, I can take a look and see what the issues may be.

I'll bug it when I can.

As for the scrolls, is this normal? This seems exceptionally vague.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the torn scroll in your hand...

The black inked runes along the surface of the scroll pulse in tune to your song, resonating with a power that is neither fully spiritual nor elemental, as if from a different school of magic altogether.
As you scan the text, you notice:
The first line of ink is growing faint.
The second line of ink is dark.

As you bring your refrain to a close, you notice the ink has permeated through the scroll, as if indelibly set.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the torn scroll in your hand...

Delving deeper into the magic surrounding the torn scroll, your senses are flooded with waves of dread and horror.
Before your concentration breaks off, the two lines of ink blur beneath the rhythm of your song, and you notice that the second line pulses with extra power.
Re: Loresinging Updates 04/19/2016 04:58 PM CDT
>>As for the scrolls, is this normal? This seems exceptionally vague.

Yes, that looks normal.

-KEIOS

Re: Loresinging Updates 04/19/2016 08:33 PM CDT
>>The ring is attuned to somewhere, but you are uncertain where.

I've BUGITEMed this in game.
Re: Loresinging Updates 05/18/2016 11:12 PM CDT
Ever since this change went down in Loresinging, I have been completely unable to determine the number of charges in items with spells.

Even spells I know.

Even items I imbedded myself.

Has it been removed, or did the requirements get bumped up to capped bards or something?!

Luxelle, the level 61 can't get the number of charges for squat, bardess.
Re: Loresinging Updates 05/19/2016 01:08 AM CDT
102 imbed: This is a magical item, which casts spells from the Spirit sphere. It has a few charges.

Gold coin: This is a magical item, which casts spells from the Arcane sphere. It has 1 charge.

Small statue: This is a magical item, which casts spells from the Arcane sphere. It has 4 charges.

Gold wand: This is a wavable item, which casts spells from the Elemental sphere. It has 8 charges.

Minotaur tongue (whispering willow): This is an edible item, which casts spells from the Spirit sphere. It has 6 bites.

Out of all of those I'm unsure why I can see the whispering willow but not the airwall... but it looks like I can still see most things. I'm also curious why rub activators aren't mentioned as being what they are when edible and wavable are explicitly stated.

Tal.
Re: Loresinging Updates 05/19/2016 11:03 AM CDT

... Well, so it is still there.

:(

Can someone confirm if it an intended thing that it now takes so many more levels, please?
Re: Loresinging Updates 05/19/2016 11:26 AM CDT
I've a level 20 bard, 22 bard songs.

I grabbed a ring that contains spell 107 - he couldn't get the number of charges
>As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the alexandrite ring in your hand...
T>his is a tappable item, which casts spells from the Spirit sphere. It has a few charges.

I grabbed a silver wand that contains 901 - he found it contains 7 charges
>As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the silver wand in your hand...
>This is a wavable item, which casts spells from the Elemental sphere. It has 7 charges.

Using the AI crystal, I can tell that the ring gives a HIGH piercing note and based on the gswiki, it holds 17-32 charges. I couldn't find any concrete info on what "a few charges" means from loresinging. I've seen some posts about people saying as low as 9 to as much as 19 charges, but nothing is listed on the gswiki.

The ability is still there, I just don't know what goes into the success of it. # of bard spells known, level, some kind of skills and character INF?? Plus the spell you're detecting, if it's in a known circle or an unknown circle???

-Drumpel
Re: Loresinging Updates 05/19/2016 11:37 AM CDT
It likely takes MIU, just as scrolls take AS to determine what's on them.
Prev_page Previous 1