several suits of armor 10/28/2015 03:45 AM CDT
I was going over the various armors I have, and was curious to get appraisals of their potential value.

1) A set of the original FGB, unaltered.

2) A set of brigandine enchanted to 6x, then HCP added (basically improved FGB) and description then altered to "matte black brigandine emblazoned with runes of protection".

3) Black vultite chain hauberk, also enchanted to 6x and given HCP.

4) "Some shapely lunar-embossed leathers" ... double leather, female only, enchanted to 6x and HCP added, and zested with four actions: wear, pull, rub and tap commands.

5) 6x dark cuirbolli leather with HCP added.
Re: several suits of armor 10/28/2015 02:18 PM CDT

damn how you get some many sets of armor with such high padding? took me 4 years of premium points to have my plain 4x full playe made HCP , Yet yiu have lots and 6x HCP ones
Re: several suits of armor 10/28/2015 02:34 PM CDT
>>damn how you get some many sets of armor with such high padding? took me 4 years of premium points to have my plain 4x full playe made HCP , Yet yiu have lots and 6x HCP ones<<

I have a wizard to do the enchants on normal unpadded armor, then add HCP via premium points. The reason I have no 7x padded armor is that I wanted to keep both enchanting time and premium point use down as much as possible, and I figured that the loss of +5 DS would not be that significant. The description alteration on the one set of brigandine was due to being chosen at a random merchant; sheer luck I was there. The zests on the female double leather were present when I bought it, but it was not enchanted or padded at all at the time.

Re the padding: I have been playing for 20 years; that's a lot of premium points. I think I still have enough left to pad one more set of 6x armor.

Isn't HCP on full plate armor a bit redundant? Might have been better off with damage padding, although that depends to an extent on race and HP total.
Re: several suits of armor 10/28/2015 02:41 PM CDT
>> Isn't HCP on full plate armor a bit redundant? Might have been better off with damage padding, although that depends to an extent on race and HP total.

It isn't redundant but a lot of people would argue that you'll get more mileage with HDP.

My paladin uses HCP full plate and I find it quite servicable. I can't recall the last time I died due to loss of health. My infrequent deaths are generally instant death due to some horrible injury. HCP will make it harder for these injuries to achieve the required crit level to achieve a death result.

-- Robert

Bazzelwyn says, "Maul maul maul maul maul maul maul."
Bazzelwyn says, "The answer is maul."
Re: several suits of armor 10/28/2015 03:32 PM CDT
>Isn't HCP on full plate armor a bit redundant? Might have been better off with damage padding, although that depends to an extent on race and HP total.

At low level (maybe sub 70) I think it is, but at high level a lot of the danger comes from crits that bypass plate's armor divisor. Get swung at by a lance and plate helps, get charged and it doesn't.
Re: several suits of armor 10/28/2015 04:09 PM CDT
"I have been playing for 20 years; that's a lot of premium points." -- Throgg

18. Premium points would only go back to mid-1997, unless you took advantage of the ability--at the time of Premium Homes, up until Points were released--to back-pay (even to months before Premium was possible).
Re: several suits of armor 10/28/2015 04:23 PM CDT
>> "I have been playing for 20 years; that's a lot of premium points." -- Throgg

>> 18. Premium points would only go back to mid-1997, unless you took advantage of the ability--at the time of Premium Homes, up until Points were released--to back-pay (even to months before Premium was possible). ~Krakii

The original statement is still accurate even if premium points had only been available for the past 15 years...

-- Robert

Re: several suits of armor 10/28/2015 05:17 PM CDT
>>My paladin uses HCP full plate and I find it quite servicable. I can't recall the last time I died due to loss of health.<<

That's why I added the "race" proviso. People do play warriors with races other than giantkin/dwarf/HK. Gnome or halfling types won't have all that much health total to play around with.
Re: several suits of armor 10/28/2015 05:29 PM CDT
I play a human and they have pretty decent health as well.

If I was playing a gnome/halfling warrior... I still think HCP Plate would be a good choice but HDP plate might be more attractive to me than it is now. I'd have to see what the cause of most of my deaths were and then make the decision from the information I had.

-- Robert

Re: several suits of armor 10/28/2015 08:05 PM CDT
I believe there are certain limitations, but you can have HDP added to most sets of armor via the Adventurer's Guild. Temp, obviously, but still worth considering as an option if you're actually considering using Premium Points to add damage padding to armor.
Re: several suits of armor 10/29/2015 08:15 AM CDT
>I believe there are certain limitations, but you can have HDP added to most sets of armor via the Adventurer's Guild. Temp, obviously, but still worth considering as an option if you're actually considering using Premium Points to add damage padding to armor.

I use this a lot on lower level casting characters. They don't get hit much, but tend to be hit hard if they are hit, so it lasts a long time and gives value when it does get used.
Re: several suits of armor 11/01/2015 09:11 PM CST

I'd say 8-10m on the FGB and 15-20m on the other sets of armor would be a good starting place.
Re: several suits of armor 11/05/2015 02:01 AM CST
Heh; inflation strikes. I got the FGB off the shelf at a merchant when it first was sold, for 700K. OK, thanks.