Longsword enhansive appraisal 10/10/2015 03:51 AM CDT
Any thoughts on the value of a +23 AS, +4 MOp's Glaes-tipped vaalorn longsword?
Re: Longsword enhansive appraisal 10/10/2015 09:48 AM CDT
Probably just about 35K to 50K, and in today's environment most folks would probably advise you sell it to the pawnshop.

If you know anyone with a shop that you can ask to consign it with, or if you have the patience to list it for sale for a period of time, you might get a bit more for it. I doubt it would be much more, though.

Doug
Re: Longsword enhansive appraisal 10/10/2015 10:05 PM CDT
>>Probably just about 35K to 50K, and in today's environment most folks would probably advise you sell it to the pawnshop.<<

Doug, old boy, what have you been smoking?

Vaalorn has an innate +18 weapon AS. This sword adds +23 to that. Unless my math is totally off, that's +41 AS total, or a little better than an 8x weapon. Add +4 ranks of MOC on top of that, and you have a damned expensive OHE.
Re: Longsword enhansive appraisal 10/10/2015 10:16 PM CDT
Or did you mean that the weapon's total AS is only 23? The original post made it sound like the 23 was additional to that of the material. If in fact the total AS is only 23, then Doug is probably close to the mark.
Re: Longsword enhansive appraisal 10/11/2015 01:16 AM CDT
>>Doug, old boy, what have you been smoking?

Great question! I certainly took it as a +23 total (vaalorn plus 1 enchant to 23), but you're right to ask about the meaning and difference between the materials and the 'AS'. I suppose it could even be a (very) high end Arcane Symbols, which again changes the picture. I would have expected to see a 1HE enhancive note, if it were a +41 type weapon.

I wouldn't be a good judge if it is Arcane Symbols - 23 in that case should be somewhere between 5 and 10 million silver, I would guestimate. That question would better be left to an auction style format, probably better answered in the PC marketplace.

Doug
Re: Longsword enhansive appraisal 10/11/2015 01:33 AM CDT
No way is that thing +18 AND +18 OHE/6CM and 4 MOC. Come on Throgg.
Re: Longsword enhansive appraisal 10/11/2015 09:16 PM CDT
It would certainly be an unusual find, I agree. But the way the description reads, I can't tell which is meant. Simply taking it out into the field and trying it out would resolve the question within minutes.