Some stuff from back then. 04/01/2014 07:56 PM CDT
These boards don't seem as active as they used to be. But, whatever.

I have in my possession a number of things that I have no idea what they are worth anymore, and in some cases, how to even use them. Any assistance would be appreciated.

In no particular order:

a sigil-etched wide silver armband - I know it holds a gold ring. I have no idea how to use this thing.

>l armband
The armband bears a small circular slot fitted with a thick gold ring.

a beady-eyed blue crow charm

I'm pretty sure this is a messaging charm. It has some ambient scripts.

>Lifting its beak, a beady-eyed blue crow whistles a few soft, twittering notes before falling silent.

a tarnished suit of chain hauberk with dented links

20 lbs, 5x
Enhancive:
+5 Dodge ranks
+5 TWC ranks
+7 Thrown ranks

I'm concerned that with the release of fusion armor, this armor might not be worth what I paid for it. :(

a silver-chased mithglin warhelm with curved mithril horns

I know this was off the shelf and it was supposed to be padded, but I can't recall how much padding or what it's worth.

a gold-framed clear crystal lens

Found this in the Rift today. What is it and what is it worth? I've seen some in playershops, so I assume this is commonly known.

a pearlized crescent moon talisman

It has 9 charges of some spirit spell.

a dark glass alembic

No idea.

a green-tinged fat glass jar

Poison of some sort? How do I use this?

a slim-necked dark glaes vial

No idea.

a smooth glass vial

No idea.

a suede-wrapped silver hawk feather
a hawk's feather hair tie
a twisted silver hair tie

Scripted hair ties. You put them in your head and they do stuff to your appearance. Value?

a woven wire vultite charm bracelet

Clearly this is a charm bracelet. Value?

a pale silvery ruic longbow

>l longb

Two spherical depressions adorn the silvery ruic longbow, approximately the size and shape of a small gem. All of the gem chambers are currently empty.

No idea what this is. Wand eater bow?

a steel-clasped glossy mahogany case

In the glossy mahogany case you see a dirty thick wool cloth, a grainy midnight blue stone, a ribbon-twined fabric-topped stick, a small dark bronze hammer and a scarlet flask of oil.

This appears to be a weapon cleaning kit. If I recall, these are all scripted thingies. Any value? Also, how do you use these things?

a pale crystal shard

>l my shard
You see nothing unusual.

Nestled within the confines of the shard is a small sand elemental.

Completely untrained, unfinagled with sand elemental. I have no idea how to use it, though I recall something about sapphires, and I don't know its value.

a stained wyrwood long bow set with a thick leather grip

+ 24

Used to be, wyrwood was very rare and very expensive. I don't know if that's still the case.

an armor and weapon scriber

I haven't the foggiest idea. I'm pretty sure this isn't the same as an arrow scriber, but I could be wrong.

a silver-edged black prayer rug

I know it's scripted. I don't know what the scripts are, or if these are worth anything.

This list is huge! Should make up for the lack of activity over here, huh? ;-)

Seriously, though, I appreciate any feedback. (This post will triple in size if I ever get the courage to open my locker, but first things first).

Thanks again.

~ Bill, Coyote.
Re: Some stuff from back then. 04/01/2014 09:31 PM CDT

A few general suggestions first off. Analyze can very well help you with a number of questions. Also if you use SF then you might find out some of the verb activators for things like the gold ring holder but clicking on the item and looking at the dropdown menu.

>>a tarnished suit of chain hauberk with dented links

Fusion armor is great but it is also by and large two slots only where as your item has 3. Whether you benefit from all 3 enhancives at the same time is another question. The upside of your armor vs fusion is that your armor could handle a script. The Voln or Ithzir armor scripts are the only two that come to mind immediately. Fusion itself being a script excludes the possibility of using another one.

>>a silver-chased mithglin warhelm with curved mithril horns
Being padded is good, being crit padded would be great. Just takes a warrior with enough skill to assess.

>>a gold-framed clear crystal lens

Casts spell 1750 which..I've never had the skill to use personally. Sounds like a pretty exciting spell for a heavily magic trained pure. No clue as to playershop value.

>>a smooth glass vial

Possibly a Sister O... religious vial. Analyze it, think it has SF verbs in dropdown menu if it is what I'm thinking.

>>a pale silvery ruic longbow
>>Two spherical depressions adorn the silvery ruic longbow

The spherical depressions message is the sign of fusion, holds 2 fusion orbs. Have it loresong for enchant/sighting

>>an armor and weapon scriber

I think these had limited uses but you got to create a custom mark when you won it.

Another resource for you is https://www.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=005552035574010143046:p2knns7wgzm which I think Inurtia setup. A search engine of gemstone related sites. You'll quickly and easily find the prayer rug verb traps and messaging or info about the scriber. Also krakiipedia.org has a wealth of information. You'd learn all about fusion or spell 1750 there.
Hope that helps a bit.

Lochiven
Re: Some stuff from back then. 04/02/2014 12:40 AM CDT
<<a green-tinged fat glass jar>>

Poison powder from the Wavedancer. There should be green powder inside the jar that you could add to food, though I never played with it much. I believe it's different from the more common poisons that inflict a temporary scripted sickness, and may instead do HP damage.

<<a slim-necked dark glaes vial>>

Antidote to the aforementioned poisons that inflict temporary scripted sickness.

<<a smooth glass vial>>

Sister Olba's holy oil, first appeared at the 2006 Anfelt. They were sold off the rack in a locked version and could be unlocked to allow people to sprinkle holy oil on people, things and the area in general. The messaging other people saw if they received the holy oil varied depending on the user's convert status. There are a few other scripts as well, but none as functional.

<<a pale silvery ruic longbow>>

Fusion, not a wand eater. Wand eaters have a small opening near the grip.

<<a steel-clasped glossy mahogany case>>

Came from the 2006 Anfelt as a gift for all attendees. If you use them in a specific order, you might get a subtle emote about light glinting off of the weapon's edge or some sort. I believe it's to tap the weapon with the hammer, rub the weapon with the stone, tap it with the stick, rub it with the cloth, rub it with the oil, then rub it with the cloth.

<<a pale crystal shard>>

GSGuide to the rescue! http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Sand_Elementals

<<an armor and weapon scriber>>

Used for adding marks to weapons and armor, had about 25 uses and was permanently attuned to the person who first used it. They appeared at an EG one year, and my earliest log shows them in 2007. Instructions on use can be found here: http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/A_diamond-tipped_armor_and_weapon_scriber_(saved_post)

<<a silver-edged black prayer rug>>

If you use StormFront, there may be a list of verbs in the drop-down menu if you click on it. Otherwise, I do remember drop, kneel and pick up from the ground all have messaging. Breathe might be another if you're kneeling with it on the ground.

Gretchen

Visit the GSGuide wiki, now home to merchant shop inventory lists! http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/GSGuide_Wiki
Meeting Nilandia: http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Nilandia
AIM: Lady Nilandia
Re: Some stuff from back then. 04/02/2014 08:15 AM CDT
Ah, thanks for the responses.

That was the wrong bow. They look really similar! I had a friend pick me up the fusion bow from the CCF shop, I was just bleary and not thinking when I wrote up the post.

a pale golden ruic longbow carved with an ice-shard motif

>l my longb
You see nothing unusual besides a small opening along the grip that has a green glow surrounding it.

Now, I'm assuming THIS is the wand eater bow.

---

I'll have to look up those links; again, my thanks.
Re: Some stuff from back then. 04/02/2014 08:16 AM CDT
It is, indeed.

Doug
Re: Some stuff from back then. 04/02/2014 11:51 AM CDT
That is a wand bow, though I suspect it might be unlocked to take more than one type of wand. The design suggests that it would accept ice wands, but the green glow is possibly acid.

Gretchen

Visit the GSGuide wiki, now home to merchant shop inventory lists! http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/GSGuide_Wiki
Meeting Nilandia: http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Nilandia
AIM: Lady Nilandia