Fireworks wand 11/01/2013 03:25 PM CDT
Anyone know how to recharge this fireworks wand i found digging at EG? I read through the loresong for any clues and didn't find any. It hasn't recharged itself. I'm going to have a mage look at it to see if they can recharge it. Any thoughts?

You glance down to see a lacquered ebonwood wand in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

Crafted from a single piece of ebonwood, the wand has been lacquered to a beautiful, dark sheen. Encircling the bottom of the wand is a thick, golvern ring, with a lattice appearing on the metal. A white streak runs through the lustrous wood and capping the wand is a tiny crystal flame etched with great detail.

You wave your ebonwood wand in the air before you...
Roundtime: 15 sec.

Numerous flashes pierce the air, sending streaks of white sparks crisscrossing each other, weaving an immense lattice before you.
(this smaller version still seems to work)

>raise wand
Your ebonwood wand shudders for a moment, then stops. It looks to be out of charges. (these are the sky filling ones that are out of charges)

I had a wizard cast 405 at it, she said it wouldn't tell her anything and she didn't think it was mage rechargeable.

Any one with any brilliant ideas...feel free to enlighten me.

Thanks!
Kiske's player

'She's mad but she's magic. There's no lie in her fire." - Charles Bukowski
Re: Fireworks wand 11/01/2013 03:43 PM CDT
Try casting a fire spell at the wand.

-- Robert

A yellow canary suddenly jumps up and lands flat on its back!
>
A dwarven female points at the canary and shrieks, "Everyone run, the canary is dead!" The woman runs off screaming.
Re: Fireworks wand 11/01/2013 05:06 PM CDT
Tried that...

>prep 111
You utter a light chant and raise your hands, beckoning the lesser spirits to aid you with the Fire Spirit spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cast my wand
You gesture at a lacquered ebonwood wand.
You launch a flare at a lacquered ebonwood wand!
The ebonwood wand grows warm to the touch then quickly cools off.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

>rai wand
Your ebonwood wand shudders for a moment, then stops. It looks to be out of charges.

Still no go...(thanks for the idea though!) I tried casting it a few times as well. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Kiske's player

Re: Fireworks wand 11/01/2013 05:37 PM CDT

Have a bard or bardess sing to it. You may get some clues there.

-- Robert
Re: Fireworks wand 11/01/2013 07:43 PM CDT

I believe they have two different timers, one being for a local firework and the other being for a realm wide firework. I want to say it was perhaps a day for the local timer and possibly 7 days for the realm wide version. I can't remember the discussion on the forums after EG last year but I vaguely remember the item was intended to not be something that could be spammed but perhaps something instead you'd use for a single special occasion once per week. (realm version)

Arpelli won one last year and here is what she posted about her copied word for word from the PC,

>look wand
Crafted from a single piece of ebonwood, the wand has been lacquered to a beautiful, dark sheen. Encircling the bottom of the wand is a thick, golvern ring, with a spider appearing on the metal. A multi-colored streak runs through the lustrous wood and capping the wand is a tiny crystal flame etched with great detail.

>turn wand
You turn the golvern ring on your ebonwood wand and a heart appears on the metal.
(there's 26 different designs, including "nothing of note")

>rub wand
You rub your ebonwood wand and a faint colorless streak appears across the wand.
(there's 11 different colors)

>wave wand
You wave your ebonwood wand in the air before you...
Roundtime: 15 sec.

A small fireball roars to life and sends streams of yellow sparks raining upon the ground, flowing like the cascades of a flaming waterfall.

>raise wand
You raise your ebonwood wand into the air, and a shimmering orb shoots upward into the sky...
Roundtime: 30 sec.

The night sky roars to life with a loud explosion that sends streams of multi-colored sparks raining down from the heavens, like the powerful cascades of an ethereal waterfall.

Others not in the same room see:

The night sky roars to life with a loud explosion that sends streams of multi-colored sparks raining down from the heavens, like the powerful cascades of an ethereal waterfall.

I don't know how far the range is on that. However, when I was playing with it on the Midway, someone saw the fireworks from the Graveyard.

Very cool.

Also - it has a really nifty loresong.
Re: Fireworks wand 11/01/2013 08:15 PM CDT
Ohhhh....that's great! You are amazing, thank you!

Kiske's player