Illthorn runestaff 03/02/2013 02:16 AM CST
I found a burled illthorn runestaff the other day that I haven't had a chance to find a bard to sing to. I'm assuming it's 5x due to the material, it also increases the INF bonus by 1 and Spell Aiming by 4 (not sure if that's the bonus or ranks it increases). Is it worth carting this thing to the Landing to get it sung to and attempt to sell it or should I just take what the pawnshop's offering?

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Illthorn runestaff 03/02/2013 07:04 AM CST
Depends on what you call worth it. Assuming it's a find and not a disarm, you're looking at a potential 2-4mil sale. I would NOT sell it in game as you'll short yourself anywhere from 50-80%, probably. Sell it on the PC or have someone sell it for you there. 5x and +4 to spell aim (bonus I hope) should net at least 500k per point in SA and the enchant makes it somewhat more desirable, too. At time you can clear a mil per point of SA, depending on the market.

~Galenok
Re: Illthorn runestaff 03/02/2013 08:56 AM CST
I'm guessing 1.5 mil, assuming it persists

~Moredin
Re: Illthorn runestaff 03/03/2013 01:30 AM CST
<Assuming it's a find and not a disarm,>

Oh, it's a find... there's nothing that disarms in the area I found it in. Thanks to both of you for the info, I've never been much of a merchant. I usually just give away finds I can't use to those that can use them, but I rarely find something this nice. Maybe I'll find a wizard willing to bring my dagger (or one of them anyway) up to 7x in exchange for it....

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Illthorn runestaff 03/03/2013 09:27 PM CST
Finally found a bard to sing to it, for those that are interested, here's what the bard told me:

"2 lbs, 950k, +25, a bonus of 5 to Mana Recovery (30 trains), a bonus of 4 to Spell Aiming Ranks (20 trains), a bonus of 1 to Influence Bonus (2 trains) a lot of charges.. persists."

Now I get to figure out a way to sell it...

Starchitin

Re: Illthorn runestaff 03/12/2013 10:21 AM CDT
Finally found a bard to sing to it, for those that are interested, here's what the bard told me:

"2 lbs, 950k, +25, a bonus of 5 to Mana Recovery (30 trains), a bonus of 4 to Spell Aiming Ranks (20 trains), a bonus of 1 to Influence Bonus (2 trains) a lot of charges.. persists."

Now I get to figure out a way to sell it...

Starchitin

Well, I certainly would be interested in making a deal with you for that! Sadly, I just bought myself a fireleaf runestaff recently and don't quite have a mound a silver. I could probably drum up enough for it if the price is reasonable, as I am sorely lacking in any real enhancement boost gear.

Though being a wizard, I can certainly offer my enchanting service for your dagger(s) provided that they aren't anything too extraordinary that would make it cost prohibitive to enchant up to 7x. What enchant are they? Have they been enchanted by someone else?

I am not currently working on a major enchant, so I could get started right away once I know some of the details of dagger(s). If not, do you have a price figured out for it yet?

--Zizzle
Re: Illthorn runestaff 03/12/2013 10:37 AM CDT
>Though being a wizard, I can certainly offer my enchanting service for your dagger(s) provided that they aren't anything too extraordinary that would make it cost prohibitive to enchant up to 7x. What enchant are they? Have they been enchanted by someone else? -- Zizzle

The increased difficulty factor enchanting an item that had been previously enchanted by another wizard no longer exists.

Mark
Re: Illthorn runestaff 03/12/2013 10:45 AM CDT
The increased difficulty factor enchanting an item that had been previously enchanted by another wizard no longer exists.

Mark

Man, I feel old! Next, I think am going to go to the AI workshop and start infusing mana... hehe (I know we no longer have to do that!). Thanks for that! I didn't recall that that was changed.

--Zizzle