Prev_page Previous 1
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/09/2010 11:18 AM CDT
Well, I can tell you that the problem isn't a lack of Dev Applicants.

I submitted an application approximately a month ago. Since then I have sent a few emails just looking for acknowledgement that my application had been received and a timeline. I haven't received a single response.

At this point I've withdrawn my application. It's ashame because I have a masters in computer science and professional experience and I was just looking to donate my time to enhance our community. I thought I would be filling a dire need, but based on my experiences no one on staff is feeling any pressure to bring in new developers.

If this isn't falling through the cracks I don't know what is. I've seen the posts about GM classes and cycles, which would make complete sense for a larger operation with already sufficient manpower. GS in not in that situation. There aren't enough people in the community for there to be a constant flood of new dev applications. At least have someone glance at the pool of new ones once a week or so. Failing that, read their emails.

The people offering their time presumably have other things they could be doing with the time they are offering. Demanding time commitments and then leaving applicants with no feedback is essentially asking them to put that time on hold in the hopes that it will be required. Waiting around for a decision without any feedback at all is not enjoyable and creates uncertainty when making other plans. I could only convince myself that someone would be reviewing my application real soon now for so long.
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/09/2010 12:09 PM CDT
I've seen the posts about GM classes and cycles, which would make complete sense for a larger operation with already sufficient manpower.

You've got some of the facts right, but came to some of the wrong conclusions.

Regardless of the size of the organization, Simu has some of the same needs and problems of a much larger organization.

In case you haven't noticed, there's a large turnover rate of GMs,at least when you're considering the turnover over the entire 20+ year lifetime of GS. The biggest factor there is time constraints -- GMs tend to put in lots of hours because they enjoy it. This isn't easy to sustain when you also have a full time job and a family. The offspring increase, the hours available drop, and the GMs move on.

But the 'corporate knowledge' that keeps GS running has to be preserved, so they have a pretty robust and detailed training process (rather impressive IMHO for such a small organization.) As you would expect, some of the more senior and experienced GMs do the training. This training is extensive and time consuming. If they did this constantly, it would tie up a lot of GM time. So it's done only periodically.

So, yeah, there's cycles, and they bake new GMs in fairly large batches as they tend to lose a few during the training, or shortly afterwards. Also, they want to maximize the bang for the buck they get from those dozen or so hours every week (for months) the GMs are investing into training the new folks.

As a game, GS is the antithesis of today's instant-gratification gaming: everything is pretty long term here by comparison.

The GM hiring process is the same. They're looking at the long-term needs rather than reacting to every short term issue. Short term thinking like that would lead to fairly significant training inefficiencies. The bottom line is that to keep GS running, they're thinking long-term (as in years). That gets them the most GMs for the training effort invested.
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/09/2010 12:51 PM CDT
So, yeah, there's cycles, and they bake new GMs in fairly large batches as they tend to lose a few during the training, or shortly afterwards. Also, they want to maximize the bang for the buck they get from those dozen or so hours every week (for months) the GMs are investing into training the new folks.
As a game, GS is the antithesis of today's instant-gratification gaming: everything is pretty long term here by comparison.
The GM hiring process is the same. They're looking at the long-term needs rather than reacting to every short term issue. Short term thinking like that would lead to fairly significant training inefficiencies. The bottom line is that to keep GS running, they're thinking long-term (as in years). That gets them the most GMs for the training effort invested.

Without addressing the other unrelated points, focusing on the long-term does not preclude taking effective intermediate measures.

Training GMs in batches in no way teaches against expending minimal effort to retain applicants. That might be the case if quality development applicants were an unlimited resource, or even an abundant one. Unfortunately, they are not.
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/09/2010 01:51 PM CDT
Training GMs in batches in no way teaches against expending minimal effort to retain applicants.

I absolutely, positively, 100% agree.

While they may only actually hire on very long cycles (mostly due to the length of the process, as far as I know), there's little excuse for the "black-hole" feedback paradigm for applicants and it's incredibly counter-productive, as you point out. IMHO they certainly have room for improvement there. Something as simple as a quarterly email saying your application is still in the system might go a long way. I wouldn't go as far as suggesting that they infer when the next class will be hired since then people would hold them to those 'promises' and get upset if the dates slip.

Then again, who knows, maybe it's this way on purpose because it's some sort of test of the applicant's patience? ::grin::

That being said, at least they're up front and honest about it in that they do tell you not to expect to hear anything from them until and unless such a time comes when they decide your application warrants further evaluation.
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/09/2010 02:07 PM CDT
The new system is infinitely better than the old at least. Now you have actual confirmation your application is in. You can update it without rebuilding it entirely. There's even a place for feedback from the person that reviewed the application.

Anyone with even a basic experience with Simu knows they do almost nothing "fast." I wouldn't expect the hiring process to be a fast one either.

- Andreas

EES Website: http://www.gsranger.net/
Foraging Galore: http://www.gsranger.net/guides/foraging/
PRO Resources: http://www.gsmeetinghalls.com/

Don't feed the troll, it only makes him worse.
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/09/2010 04:15 PM CDT
>I submitted an application approximately a month ago. Since then I have sent a few emails just looking for acknowledgement that my application had been received and a timeline. I haven't received a single response.
DARKDEED

The no-confirmation email thing has been brought up several times and ignored. Despite several players like yourself saying a simple email with, 'Thanks, we got your application and will review it', nobody on staff seems to think it necessary (or even directly comment on it).

Why that is, your guess is as good as mine.

-farmer

That's just what we want, criss-crossing furrows all over the town streets from someone wandering through with their animated plow super buddy.
-Strath

Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/09/2010 04:21 PM CDT
I thought it has been mentioned that on the new application there is a way for seeing if your application has been reviewed, or atleast processed in some way.
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/09/2010 04:41 PM CDT
Yes, there should be a way for you to check to see if it's been reviewed, etc. I do agree that a confirmation email would be a good addition to the system.

I submitted several applications (in the old system) before I was tapped. That happened out of the blue, but the rewards of being a GM more than outweigh any pains of having to wait for that chance. ;)

GM Scribes
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/09/2010 05:45 PM CDT
A few thoughts from someone that hires for a team.

I'd personally love to give each applicant a review of their application. The best I have time for would be a couple of form letters. I'm not going to insult anyone with that.

As has been stated we need to think long term. Don't doubt that I'd love to hire some people right this minute and have them working in a week. It doesn't work that way, though.

I'm not singling anyone out here, but if you can't hang in through the application/review/hiring process, you're probably not a good fit. Speaking for my team, CE Systems, we have a very lengthy training process. Basic GM training, Events training, referral training and GSL training. I need people that are in it for the long haul, not short term burnouts.

Maybe I'm missing something on the confirmation email issue from the player side. Once you submit your application, can't you look at it? That would seem like confirmation to me.

SGM Sleken
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/09/2010 06:22 PM CDT
>Maybe I'm missing something on the confirmation email issue from the player side. Once you submit your application, can't you look at it? That would seem like confirmation to me.

SGM Sleken

Wouldn't you like to receive an email confirmation upon submitting an application (to anything)? Yes, the website can give you a form of confirmation, but, to me, that's just saying 'Yes, you're a number in our system. Kthxbai'.

To me, an emailed response says, 'Hey, we appreciate you applying and wanting to become a larger part of Gemstone'. I think it'd be a nice, simple gesture that indicates you're more than just a number in some automated system. (Plus it can alleviate those of us that distrust automated systems, and prefer to know that someone knows we applied.)

-farmer

That's just what we want, criss-crossing furrows all over the town streets from someone wandering through with their animated plow super buddy.
-Strath

Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/09/2010 07:25 PM CDT
I'm not singling anyone out here, but if you can't hang in through the application/review/hiring process, you're probably not a good fit.

I completely agree that I would not be a good fit if the system works in the same manner internally. I imagine that most efficient coders would fall into the same category. That might be why hiring practices within the software industry are so different.

Training is a normal part of the process. It generally takes people a little while to start contributing effectively everywhere. I doubt anyone expects to work at full efficiency from day one. Given that GSL isn't published, that would be completely unrealistic.

What I was looking for was confirmation that my application would be reviewed and a timeline. Really, anything that would let me plan. This problem could probably be solved by making an announcement before opening a class to solicit applications.

Unfortunately the current system is, as people have mentioned, a black hole. People submit applications and either never hear back or hear back at some later point after essentially a random period of time. It's essentially designed to frustrate candidates by offering as little feedback as possible.

It's understandable that you can't give extensive feedback for every application. Not responding at all, however, is not. Form letters aren't an insult, they're the compromise between an unrealistic amount of feedback and none at all. They aren't just to communicate the rejection, responding shows that you reviewed the material they worked on. It lets people know that they weren't just completely wasting their time. More importantly for you, that you weren't just completely wasting their time.

I don't think that is applicable in my case. I would be very surprised if my application was even glanced at, let alone reviewed. I'm hoping that someone can learn something from my experience. Maybe knowing that competent coders aren't getting the opportunity to help advance the game can motivate some change.
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/09/2010 08:06 PM CDT
<<This problem could probably be solved by making an announcement before opening a class to solicit applications.

We do this with CE and Dev focused GameMaster hiring classes as well as when we're looking for new GameHosts.

Itzel

Team Plat
Forest Gnome Guru
Elven Nations Guru

Jaired says, "Stop standing in the way of the artistic picture that I am trying to paint through WORDS."
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/09/2010 08:50 PM CDT
<<We do this with CE and Dev focused GameMaster hiring classes as well as when we're looking for new GameHosts.

I'm suggesting that the current ability to submit applications at any time be removed. Instead, the system would be open for submissions only while applications were being solicited.

That's assuming there is no possibility of changing the review policy instead.
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/09/2010 09:43 PM CDT
<<Maybe I'm missing something on the confirmation email issue from the player side. Once you submit your application, can't you look at it? That would seem like confirmation to me.>>

How are we supposed to know what that means though, really? How are we able to judge whether or not it's been received, and will be reviewed? A simple email that says "we got your application, thanks, we'll be in touch," and, as suggested, quarterly similar emails along the lines of 'it's still in the system, no news yet.' would go a lonnnnngggg way. These threads pop up without fail, there's clearly something missing.

I think this sums it up best:

<<Form letters aren't an insult, they're the compromise between an unrealistic amount of feedback and none at all.>>

Form letters aren't great - but they're definitive.

-Keleborrn.
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/10/2010 12:43 PM CDT
"I'm not singling anyone out here, but if you can't hang in through the application/review/hiring process, you're probably not a good fit." -- Sleken

I've been trying to become a member of staff (host/gm/mod) since the late 90's and I've yet to have someone come out and outright say: you aren't going to become one, you're wasting your time.

How much more hanging in am I supposed to be doing?
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/10/2010 12:45 PM CDT
"Form letters aren't great - but they're definitive." -- Keleborrn

..and can be used to provide a timestamp when you're trying to contact someone about it.
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/13/2010 10:42 PM CDT
>> What I was looking for was confirmation that my application would be reviewed and a timeline. Really, anything that would let me plan.

This caught my eye. I am curious as to what exactly you would need to plan for?

--
Naos

I'm immune to fire! Now with more banhammer! You sense the bond between you and your grey cat grow stronger.
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/13/2010 10:58 PM CDT
Naturally he would have to factor it in to his time line for world domination.

Duh.

Hugs,

~Jay

"Seriously, when I see "Uninvited" cartoon hearts flutter around my head."
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 04:19 AM CDT
This caught my eye. I am curious as to what exactly you would need to plan for?

--
Naos

I'm not him, but I can think of dozens of things to plan for.

Anytime I take on a new job I make it a point to not plan any vacations in the next 6 months. I try to get them out of my system before being hired. Maybe he has a ton of free time and wants to fill it up this summer, so he could spend it GMing or working at a summer camp, or agreeing to volunteer for X amount of hours. Maybe he takes projects from rentacoder to fill his free time and doesn't want to do take on another if he'll need that time to train. Maybe it's a choice between GMing and invading Poland.

Dgry
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 09:10 AM CDT
"Maybe it's a choice between GMing and invading Poland." -- Dgry

France'd be easier. Just sayin'.
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 09:35 AM CDT
Depends on the era, Robert... France never fell in World War 1. Granted, Poland fell quickly, too, in 1939. Sending horses against tanks will lend to that...
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 09:48 AM CDT
<<Depends on the era, Robert... France never fell in World War 1. Granted, Poland fell quickly, too, in 1939. Sending horses against tanks will lend to that...>>

You know, mention of the Polish invasion reminds me of an article on a website that's quickly becoming an addiction of mine. The writing style is rather brash and sometimes crude, but it suits the theme quite well.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/hussars.html

(And I don't mean that link as a particular response to you, Scott. It's just how the guy starts the article.)

Gretchen

Meeting Nilandia: http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Nilandia
Nilandia's GS4 Info Repository: http://www.nilandia.com
AIM: Lady Nilandia
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 09:58 AM CDT
>> This caught my eye. I am curious as to what exactly you would need to plan for?

GRYPES was essentially correct. I have some more free time this summer and wanted to do something productive. I also need to know what I can commit to when people ask me if I'll be free.

I volunteered a lot of hours for someone who is working full time. It isn't just time I would spend playing in the meantime.

Maybe GMing isn't as large a commitment as I thought and I should not have assumed that I would need to plan around it.
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 11:18 AM CDT
>GRYPES was essentially correct. I have some more free time this summer and wanted to do something productive. I also need to know what I can commit to when people ask me if I'll be free.

>I volunteered a lot of hours for someone who is working full time. It isn't just time I would spend playing in the meantime.

>Maybe GMing isn't as large a commitment as I thought and I should not have assumed that I would need to plan around it.

Being a GameMaster does represent a significant time commitment, but the real effort for it comes in consistency. We have had people who have tried to make it work with an otherwise packed schedule, going to great lengths to reorganize their time during training, but it's my personal experience that you do need at least a semi-consistent level of free time to succeed as a GM.

I'd say if it's a matter of being only seasonally available, that might be too narrow of a time frame to really contribute as a GameMaster. After all, it sometimes takes a couple of seasons to even complete all of the necessary training.

Auchand

It's funnier in Enochian.
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 11:28 AM CDT
The difficulty is, we never know quite when we're going to hire during the year, and then we never know quite how long the hiring process will take, and then we never know quite how long each new GM will take to clear training. So, planning is going to be a little difficult.

The other thing to keep in mind is that although training is time intensive, you pretty much need the same amount of time each month throughout the year to GM at a level that keeps you ticking over as an AGM/FGM. I mean, I certainly didn't plan anything around being hired, in fact I think I applied in the middle of Grad School for some crazy reason, so being hired then would have been a nightmare!

I know the waiting sucks, but it is totally worth it. I know from personal experience that waiting a couple of years after applying was not super fun, but it was totally worth it! <3

~Izzea
ASGM Towns & Communities
Mentor Guru
Forum Manager
Famous in Norway
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 11:40 AM CDT
>> I'd say if it's a matter of being only seasonally available, that might be too narrow of a time frame to really contribute as a GameMaster. After all, it sometimes takes a couple of seasons to even complete all of the necessary training.

If this is directed at me I'm not sure why you are making these assumptions. My availability isn't seasonal. That's why I used more free time instead of just free time. I didn't volunteer time I don't have.

I'm actually surprised by the multiple comments I have seen from GMs about my suitability as a candidate. My application and subsequent emails answered all of these questions. But even if they didn't, it does not matter anymore.

Whether or not I would be a good candidate is moot because I withdrew my application before coming to the forum. Based on my experiences I was no longer interested. I didn't post earlier because I knew that would essentially disqualify me as a candidate.
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 11:58 AM CDT
>If this is directed at me I'm not sure why you are making these assumptions. My availability isn't seasonal. That's why I used more free time instead of just free time. I didn't volunteer time I don't have.

It was clearly not directed at you. The specific statement I was talking to, though:

>Maybe he has a ton of free time and wants to fill it up this summer, so he could spend it GMing or working at a summer camp, or agreeing to volunteer for X amount of hours.

I was just clarifying that GMing really isn't a summer job sort of deal. That is all.

Auchand

Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 12:51 PM CDT
"This caught my eye. I am curious as to what exactly you would need to plan for?" -- Naos

I'm not the original poster but when I submitted my application back in February, and put in the max options for time, it was when I was self-employed and still getting unemployment compensation. I had A LOT of free time.

Now.. I'm at a point where I need to get a part time job to supplement the self-employment.. and my time is going to be drastically less.

I think what you're missing here is that people are strongly desiring to become staff.. to the point of being willing to plan their lives around it and trying multiple times.. but no considerations are being made.

Hell.. it's routinely being said that the point of the website application was to make things easier and that you can go in and update your application whenever you want, but I posted (on my WinterDawn account) that I don't have the option to update my application. Not a single reply about whether this is intentional or a bug in the system.
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 12:59 PM CDT
"The difficulty is, we never know quite when we're going to hire during the year..." -- Izzea

I would figure, given the state of things, that Simutronics would be quite eager to hire people wanting to make the game better as a staff member.

Worried about people abusing the power? That's what trial periods are for.

Worried about people getting burnt out? That's why you give them small projects (such as going through bug reports or reading the forums and responding to threads that should have staff input) to start with until you know they can be trusted with a bigger job.

I'm not saying that each and every applicant should be hired..

..but it really sounds like you just let everyone sit there collecting dust until some yearly review.
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 01:20 PM CDT
Perhaps it would help applicants for current GM's to relate their own experience with the hiring process. How long did you guys have to wait before hearing about your application? Did you do sit back and wait, or were you doing 'call-backs'?
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 01:32 PM CDT
>I would figure, given the state of things, that Simutronics would be quite eager to hire people wanting to make the game better as a staff member.

There's a significant time and effort cost put in to new GameMaster training. We are, of course, always eager to get new classes of GMs, but I don't think there's a better way to make use of our limited training resources than by hiring in groups like they have been doing for some time.

>Worried about people abusing the power? That's what trial periods are for.

Except for the fact that our game is in real-time, with a real audience. New GameMasters are trained about the potential for abusing power, but I'm personally glad that the hiring team puts so much effort into culling the flock. We've had new GMs have not panned out for various reasons, and you'd be surprised at the damage that could be done by the aforementioned abuse.

>Worried about people getting burnt out? That's why you give them small projects (such as going through bug reports or reading the forums and responding to threads that should have staff input) to start with until you know they can be trusted with a bigger job.

The way our training process currently works, it's difficult to dribble out projects to people in general. In addition to the multitudinous things that genuinely need doing, we all tend to accumulate pet projects that can quickly become overwhelming. I know I have several MB of pure *.txt files of stuff that I want to do, but can't seem to fit in. I think maybe you're underestimating the sheer amount of learning new GMs need to do. I found my early days to be a matter of completely re-learning GemStone from behind the scenes.

>Perhaps it would help applicants for current GM's to relate their own experience with the hiring process. How long did you guys have to wait before hearing about your application? Did you do sit back and wait, or were you doing 'call-backs'?

I waited six years to get hired. It was something of an agonizing process, and I do remember the sensation that I was on one side of a brick wall with no one answering back. We are much more open about discussing our hiring process now than GMs used to be--to me, GMing in general used to have this aura of mystery that I found at turns silly, baffling, and frustrating.

I was relieved when I finally got accepted as a GameHost, and then a week or two after finishing training, I was interviewed to become a GameMaster. But yeah, six years.

Auchand

Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 01:50 PM CDT
>Perhaps it would help applicants for current GM's to relate their own experience with the hiring process. How long did you guys have to wait before hearing about your application? Did you do sit back and wait, or were you doing 'call-backs'?

I can tell you my story! I put in an app to be a GameHost in 2003 and then I forgot I'd ever applied. About a year later I was emailed about having a host interview. I was a GameHost and then a Senior GameHost for around 3 years before I was finally hired as a GameMaster in 2007. I'd had my GM app in for a good two or so years while I was hosting, and I was a little shy about being pushy for sure! I remember the horrible feeling of seeing friends and other hosts being hired while I was still waiting, but I remember thinking I'd give hosting 3 years and if my time hadn't come by then, it probably never would. Luckily, it did!

GM training was pretty tough, especially for me being on GMT and either staying up super late or missing classes. I honestly think it was worth waiting for, and being hired as a GM came at a good time for me. Also, I got hired alongside some super awesome people, our class rocked! ;)

~Izzea
ASGM Towns & Communities
Mentor Guru
Forum Manager
Famous in Norway
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 02:10 PM CDT
<<I'm actually surprised by the multiple comments I have seen from GMs about my suitability as a candidate. My application and subsequent emails answered all of these questions.

Something important to note, based on the statement above, is that not all GMs have access to the applications, or to emails pertaining to them. Because they contain information that would be considered more sensitive, such as your mailing address and real name, the applications are only accessible by the staff who need to see them for hiring purposes. This is a very limited pool of GMs.

On a personal note, I applied several times over the years.

My first application was as early as 1999. I ultimately became a GM in January of 2007. In between were several new applications as my skillset and interests changed. The application that led to me being hired was filed after a forum request for CE applicants. I was originally interviewed because a position had opened up to run the MHO system. During training I expressed an interest in Platinum, and then SGM Khaladon "stole" me for his Upsells team, which was also down a person. Because I filled a spot on Upsells and not on the original team I was intended for, the next hiring class had a spot for someone to take over MHOs. All this to say, I waited a long time.

Cheers,
Itzel

Team Plat
Forest Gnome Guru
Elven Nations Guru

Jaired says, "Stop standing in the way of the artistic picture that I am trying to paint through WORDS."
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 03:23 PM CDT
Whipper-snappers.
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 03:27 PM CDT
>Whipper-snappers.

Yep!

We call you "Old man Sleken" behind your back.

<3

~Izzea
ASGM Towns & Communities
Mentor Guru
Forum Manager
Famous in Norway
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 03:28 PM CDT
Auchand - 6 years

Izzea - 1 year

Itzel - 7 years

I get it now.. this is a fine wine process.
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 05:50 PM CDT
In any of the Real World jobs I've applied for, I've only ever gotten any sort of phone call or email if I was absolutely flat out rejected.

Also, in following up on the original question, once your application has been submitted and marked as "Reviewed", then that means the GM(s) in question are looking at it and it's locked from being updated so that it can't be changed while it's being evaluated. Until then, you can update it as often as you like and GMs shouldn't be marking apps as "Reviewed" unless they're actually in process of reviewing an app.

As many folks have pointed out, applying to be a GM is a process that can take quite a long time. Getting interviewed is something that can take months, depending on when your app was submitted on the hiring-cycle.

If you want to get your foot in the door, I've always been a strong proponent of applying to be a Host first and then working your way up. I started as a Mentor and worked my way up as a Board Monitor and then as a Host. It's beneficial for both parties, since we can get a good idea of how you work and you get a good idea of how things work upstairs without "ruining" anything for you and letting you see behind the curtain.

While the system we have now is far from perfect (for example, we can only set a blanket status for an App regardless of how many positions that person is wanting to apply for), it's a far sight better than the system we used to use.

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/GemStone-IV/60194690885
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 07:09 PM CDT
I applied twice and did not hear back until the second time. Overall, I waited about 2 years before being hired. It was well worth it, however, but I do remember being frustrated at the waiting process. I ended up being hired at the same time as Izzea and Auchand, along with several others who completely rock.

~Naionna

Not really an embassy, per se, but more like a "oh fine, let them sort it out, let's go have a doughnut" sort of deal. - Xynwen, on CHE annexes
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 08:45 PM CDT
"Also, in following up on the original question, once your application has been submitted and marked as "Reviewed", then that means the GM(s) in question are looking at it and it's locked from being updated so that it can't be changed while it's being evaluated. Until then, you can update it as often as you like and GMs shouldn't be marking apps as "Reviewed" unless they're actually in process of reviewing an app." -- Solomon

It's been that way since late February. Is that normal?
Re: A Player's Plea for Dev Applicants 06/14/2010 09:15 PM CDT
<<It's been that way since late February. Is that normal? >>

It's normal that apps marked as "Reviewed" are locked from changes, yes.

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/GemStone-IV/60194690885
Prev_page Previous 1