Avalon 4.3.5 08/10/2017 12:04 PM CDT
Hi everybody,

There's a new version of Avalon available, 4.3.5:

http://www.play.net/gs4/play/avalon-info.asp

A couple of notes: the script output indicator is now script> instead of s>, move commands issued by scripts will show the script output notice too now, and scrolling the story window up should be easier and more reliable when there's stuff going on.

Ixix
Re: Avalon 4.3.5 08/10/2017 01:43 PM CDT
Do you have full release notes of what was changed/updated besides the couple of notes you mentioned?
Re: Avalon 4.3.5 08/10/2017 06:46 PM CDT
It's a pretty small revision - aside from those changes mentioned, I also made some tweaks to the compiler settings to keep things working with the newer OS versions, and some small updates to GM only stuff.

Ixix
Re: Avalon 4.3.5 08/13/2017 11:44 AM CDT
Hi Ixix!

First, thank you so much for the new version, it's made gameplay much nicer for me as I can finally change the font and the font size. Very useful when you've been playing for a few hours, hah!

The scrolling is -much- improved and your notes are exactly right, it's far easier to scroll back and check/read things when there's a lot of input going on, merchants, storylines, etc. However, during the long Lich's Landing stuff on Friday I did notice that after a while, it went back to its old tricks of snapping back to the input instead of letting me scroll back. I tried restarting and it worked just fine again, and then a while later, it started up again.

I am -not- complaining, it's obviously a difficult puzzle and as I said it's greatly improved. I just thought that knowing that might help you in your future efforts. Much appreciated!

-GK!

Ysharra says, "One day, I'm going to have "What?" inscribed on your tombstone, with lots of helpful punctuation."
Re: Avalon 4.3.5 08/15/2017 04:06 AM CDT
Does it play nice with Lich? Picks up all your preferences?

-Berkana
Re: Avalon 4.3.5 08/15/2017 01:44 PM CDT
Berkana,

I had no trouble with Lich and Avalon on previous versions. There are some Lich scripts which add interface options that probably won't work, though. But that's a problem on a non-Windows machine no matter which front end you use. There are alternative scripts to try.

Lich doesn't seem to care whether I run Profanity, StormFront under Wine, or Avalon. It's all the same install of Lich.

I'm going to give Avalon a try again in a month or two and see if the updates . Life is too hectic right now to switch anything. :)

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
;tune towncrier
Re: Avalon 4.3.5 08/24/2017 10:37 AM CDT
I did have some problems with a Lich script, but I can't remember which one now. I think it was that the interface wouldn't pop up. I ended up switching to my tiiiiny laptop so I could run Stormfront since it is visually prettier with the links and highlighting.

Jen
-Darcena, Loirya, Kioya, Nextina
Re: Avalon 4.3.5 08/24/2017 11:13 AM CDT

Some Lich scripts won't work on Avalon (or Profanity) - but for these basic favs, there are usually Wizard versions that do work with Lich/Avalon.
---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
;tune towncrier