Font size question 03/20/2017 11:26 AM CDT
Just curious- I can't seem to figure out how (or if it's even possible) to change the font size on the Avalon FE. I have found the default setting but haven't been able to alter it. I figured it couldn't hurt to ask over here, someone might have pity on my overworked eyes :)

-GK

Ysharra says, "One day, I'm going to have "What?" inscribed on your tombstone, with lots of helpful punctuation."
Re: Font size question 03/20/2017 11:40 AM CDT
Right click the window you want to adjust, select EDIT WINDOW SETTINGS, and then the FONT button.

The standard OS X font dialog window opens that point.

Separate for each window.

Doug
Re: Font size question 03/21/2017 07:30 AM CDT
Thank you, Doug, I had found that before but for some reason it doesn't work. When I pull it up, there are the options for changing the color of the font, the background, and then the size, which is set at 12.00 but doesn't appear to be accurate. If I change that, then click done, nothing happens, the dialog box won't even close. I have to close it, and it resets back to 12. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, especially if it seems to work for everyone else. I swear between this and the gtk bindings thing I'm about to move GS to my three-year-old Dell desktop and give up using my Macbook.

-GK

Ysharra says, "One day, I'm going to have "What?" inscribed on your tombstone, with lots of helpful punctuation."
Re: Font size question 03/21/2017 08:55 AM CDT
I'm almost afraid to ask but. . . which version of OS X? I'll test here to see if I can recreated it.

Doug
Re: Font size question 03/21/2017 11:31 AM CDT
Yeah, skip that request, Ravenna.

I think I've reproduced it - even on my core system which I thought was working properly.

For a quick work-around, when you click on that FONT button and get the font dialog, working the columns from left to right, click on each already selected item. When you get to the size (right most column) select the size you want, and see if it changed the font the way you expected. If it did, close the font dialog and click DONE.

If it changed the other font selection, click on that button, and go through the process again. With a bit of patience, you should be able to get both fixed and regular fonts the way you want them.

Ixix - if you're still working Avalon front end issues, it appears as though (for at least 4.3.3 and 4.3.4 and Mavericks through Sierra) the modeless font dialog doesn't honor the proper (current) selected font, nor does it honor the selected type (regular versus fixed). Since the application creates its own modeless panel, I'm not sure how best to assist in troubleshooting, but the behavior is easy to see. Also note the 12.00 as referenced in font size. That might be an indicator of the problem.

Doug
Re: Font size question 03/21/2017 09:39 PM CDT
I was ever so confused until I thought to check and see if I had the latest Avalon, too, which I did not. Now your solution worked perfectly, thank you so much, Doug!

-GK!