Graphics and Character Management 11/01/2015 06:40 AM CST
All of a sudden, some of the graphics for a few of my character profiles have disappeared. They are checked as if they should appear, but they are hiding from me. I can however switch to another character profile through Character management and they work fine. It's not a huge issue but annoying.

Any thoughts?
Re: Graphics and Character Management 11/01/2015 07:58 AM CST
Try Avalon 4.3.2 Beta?

Chad, player of a few
Re: Graphics and Character Management 11/01/2015 08:53 AM CST
That's what I'm using. This just started a few days ago after working perfectly fine for quite a while.
Re: Graphics and Character Management 11/01/2015 10:18 AM CST
Did you happen to update to El Capitan?

I'm not suggesting that's at the root - but I'm seeing some strange things with that update, and trying to sort it all out.

Doug
Re: Graphics and Character Management 11/01/2015 02:25 PM CST
Have not updated the OS yet. Also, this is only one some of my character profiles not all of them. It's just weird and not the end of the world so I suppose I'll continue doing what I'm doing and just changing once I log in.
Re: Graphics and Character Management 11/03/2015 06:23 PM CST
I've had some reports of issues after updating to El Capitan. I haven't updated yet myself - it might be a little bit before I can, and before I can really get into these issues.

Since you haven't updated yet though, I doubt that that is the issue here. I'm not sure what is causing the problems, but if the problem persists you could try removing the preferences for those characters, which should cause Avalon to create fresh new files for them.

To do that, while Avalon is not running, go to your user directory -> Applications -> Simutronics -> GS, and just move try moving a directory that's named the same as one of the characters in question out of there (to, say, your desktop). The next time that you start Avalon and login with that character it should create a fresh set of files. You'll have to redo the window positions and such, but hopefully that will stop it from re-occurring.

As a second step, you should be able to duplicate a directory for a character that's setup how you want and working well, and rename it to another character, and copy those settings over to that character without having to redo them all.

Hopefully that will work out. Sometimes weird things happen with the prefs though :(

Ixix
Re: Graphics and Character Management 11/07/2015 06:41 AM CST
That worked perfectly! Thanks so much!