This is weird 07/07/2012 01:12 AM CDT
I've been using Avalon since it came out with no problems. Now, just today, pretty much every time I quit Avalon, I get an "Avalon quit unexpectedly" message and box with options to ignore, report, or restart the application, the way you do when other applications crash. Mind you, Avalon is not quitting unexpectedly; I am just getting that message every time I shut down the application because the computer seems to think it is crashing. So it is not stopping me from playing, but it is very annoying.

The only thing that I am aware of having changed is that I got a new Logitech wireless mouse today to replace the Apple bluetooth mouse. I don't see why that would have an effect on Avalon.

Any of you who know more about computers than I do have any guesses as to why this is happening?

--David

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: This is weird 07/07/2012 12:52 PM CDT
I've had a particular logitech trackball that's worked fine on three macs for sixish years start causing kernel panics on a particular one when I plugged it in. So yeah, my own experience supports the possibility of logitech devices doing really screwy things.

- Metadi, the punny one
Re: This is weird 07/07/2012 01:23 PM CDT
Hmm. Well, thanks for the response. As I said, it's pretty annoying, but it's not really stopping me from playing. And since I like the Logitech mouse much better than the one by Apple, I guess I'll learn to live with it.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"