Missing macros 02/14/2012 12:47 AM CST
I just got a new iMac yesterday, running Mac OS 10.7.3. I transferred over Avalon. Then I copied the Simutronics folder (the one with the scripts, plists, pulgins, etc.) in the documents folder of my old Mac and put it into the new machine. I can open Avalon, and YASSE even seems to load just fine. However, none of my presets--Macros, window positions, highlights, etc.--is showing up. Is there something else I need to transfer over to reinstall my preferences? I thought it was just that Simutronics folder. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Missing macros 02/18/2012 06:34 PM CST
In your user home directory, in Library, in Preferences, is another Simutronics folder that has that info in it.

You should also duplicate that folder and periodically in case you run into the 'delete all your preferences' feature that's in Avalon.

-Keleborrn.
Re: Missing macros 02/18/2012 10:32 PM CST
Thanks, Keleborrn. That is indeed the one I was missing.

Now can anyone tell me why Avalon won't let me change my font size? I right click on the text window and it brings up "edit window settings." I click on that and it brings up a box in which I can set the font size. But when I hit done, the box does not go away, and the font does not change. The only way to get rid of the box is to hit the red button in the upper left corner, but then there is no change. I can change the foreground and background color through that window, but I can't do anything with the font.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Missing macros 02/19/2012 01:14 AM CST
Strange, the done button works for me (in Avalon 4.1.5), so you have something nonstandard going on.

- Metadi, the punny one