Back from over a decades absence - the setup 10/25/2011 10:01 PM CDT
Last time I played gemstone was over a decade ago. I'm running OS X lion, wondering how best to get setup for the game. Looks like Avalon is the OS X client available, yes? Are there plugins for it? I saw mention of a plugin architecture in the ReadMe but can't seem to find any. Looks like getting Lich going will be super helpful, anything else I should be doing? How are all you other OS X folks setup for Gemstone these days?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Re: Back from over a decades absence - the setup 10/25/2011 10:49 PM CDT
Lich and Avalon is pretty good.

I personally alternate all over the board -- Windows machines, Linux machines, OS X consumer appliances. . . :)

I think my favorite combination personally is OS X / Wizard FE. Second is probably a really beastly PC with Stormfront.

Nothing mobile yet -- I might just have to roll up my sleeves and do it myself, I guess. Ipad and Evo are just begging for a 'monitor' app. ;) Was really hoping the hardcore Shattered folks would be all over that. I hate recreating someone's wheel.

Doug
Re: Back from over a decades absence - the setup 10/26/2011 08:22 AM CDT
I don't think Lion will be able to run the Wizard, since Rosetta Stone is no longer part of the OS.

Avalon + Lich is the only way to go on a Mac, if you ask me.

-Keleborrn.