Prev_page Previous 1
Simucon 04/17/2007 07:19 PM CDT
Just curious...what other WM's will be attending the con this year? And, of course, which will be drinking heavily with me at some point?

~The Fire Lion Magmus Bloodston, Blackfire Enthusiast
Re: Simucon 04/17/2007 07:22 PM CDT
I want to show but my illness is quite inhibiting.. will just depend if i can show on my own or if i can pay right at the last min.. sucks being me

Necromancer Bob places his hand on your
corpse, it is then covered by a sicking
green light as you feal your soul traped
by chains.
An undead prydaen rises to its feet.
Re: Simucon 04/17/2007 07:36 PM CDT
I'll be there unless I get hit by a truck.

-Durnil
Re: Simucon 04/17/2007 08:58 PM CDT
I won't be there. (Yay!)

Already used my spare time off (boo!)
Re: Simucon 04/17/2007 10:41 PM CDT
Why does it have to be a truck? Maybe an airplane will crash into you.

"There's a time in all of our lives when we have the opportunity to choose between what is easy... and what is right."
Re: Simucon 04/17/2007 11:35 PM CDT
I've got a ring of protection from airplanes.

-Durnil
Re: Simucon 04/18/2007 08:29 AM CDT
I'm strongly considering going. There are two potential issues with this, though, so I'm a definite maybe at best.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Simucon 04/18/2007 11:40 AM CDT
I'll be there, and it's safe to assume I will be drinking large amounts of alcohol.

Gryck
Re: Simucon 04/18/2007 02:35 PM CDT
I'll be there to take care of Gryck after this 2nd beer.

I can think of a couple other WMs going too. Should be a good turn out.

XXXX signs, "I got a huge wedgie but I'm embarassed to pick it"

XXXX says, "Whos mark is this? Your sabre is a little awkward, but usable."
Re: Simucon 04/18/2007 02:41 PM CDT
I'll be there.
Re: Simucon 04/18/2007 03:11 PM CDT
I will be there.

-Tropicalo
Re: Simucon 04/18/2007 03:21 PM CDT
Good to hear that some familiar names will become familiar faces.

Oh...and that many drinks will be drunk...drank...whatever, we'll be drunk. Who cares which is right and which is wrong.

Re: Simucon 04/19/2007 06:58 AM CDT
Got a wedding to go to, but I'm going to try to sneak off and hit the con.
Re: Simucon 04/19/2007 09:37 AM CDT
Oh HELL yeah!

I've been achin' with missing the past two Cons.

Gulph, you'd better be coming. :D

~Aleximarus
Re: Simucon 04/19/2007 12:10 PM CDT
>>I'll be there to take care of Gryck after this 2nd beer.

Someone has to stay sober to make sure you don't do anything stupid...again.

And to act as a leaning post.

Gryck
Re: Simucon 04/19/2007 05:03 PM CDT
<<Someone has to stay sober to make sure you don't do anything stupid...again.

See, you have it all wrong. Sober people have better memories, and that is why you are making sure nothing stupid is done...again... Be a part of the solution Gryck, and, get drunk!

Re: Simucon 04/20/2007 09:16 AM CDT
>>Gulph, you'd better be coming.

I'd like to, but my life has been complicated in a very not nice way lately. I just don't know where I'll be come July.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Simucon 04/21/2007 12:46 AM CDT
>>See, you have it all wrong. Sober people have better memories, and that is why you are making sure nothing stupid is done...again... Be a part of the solution Gryck, and, get drunk!

Your logic is sound. Huzzah!

Gryck
Re: Simucon 04/27/2007 12:05 AM CDT
I've actually been really tempted to go this year... would totally be the first ever...

Xand
Re: Simucon 04/27/2007 06:07 PM CDT
<<would totally be the first ever...

So go. I'm going. It's my first. Depending on how it goes, maybe not the last. Worse case scenario, we all get drunk and have a laugh.

Re: Simucon 04/27/2007 06:20 PM CDT
>So go. I'm going. It's my first. Depending on how it goes, maybe not the last. Worse case scenario, we all get drunk and have a laugh.

Ditto.

-Durnil
Simucon? 07/07/2008 09:47 PM CDT
Any of you folks goin?

I'll be there yet again.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n142/Sirzason/wmsheet2.jpg

a black panther comes flying into view! it hits the ground, bouncing once before sliding to a stop.
A black panther is stunned!
Re: Simucon? 07/12/2008 07:40 PM CDT
Speaking of which, you need a room Jhime? I'll be there so just let me know.

Madigan

True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.

Arthur Ashe
Re: Simucon? 07/16/2008 08:45 PM CDT
I wanted to go but I have two court dates that fall right in the middle of it all. Have to pull this one off without me. Probably for the best, I'm a snarky drunk.

Red'

Redeth smiles and points at you with her right hand, then taps herself in the chest with her left. She raises both her hands in the air and whirls both around and then brings them together in a sharp crack of flesh on flesh.

Translation: go time
Re: Simucon? 07/17/2008 12:04 PM CDT
Hence the court dates?
Re: Simucon? 07/17/2008 12:36 PM CDT
Oddly enough I've never been arrested. I was a pretty good kid.

No...I'm a cop. Thus the court dates. One is for a drunk driver the other is for an attempted 1st degree assault.

Red'

Redeth smiles and points at you with her right hand, then taps herself in the chest with her left. She raises both her hands in the air and whirls both around and then brings them together in a sharp crack of flesh on flesh.

Re: Simucon? 07/18/2008 02:18 AM CDT
>>Oddly enough I've never been arrested. I was a pretty good kid.

>>No...I'm a cop. Thus the court dates. One is for a drunk driver the other is for an attempted 1st degree assault.

Know what I would do? I would storm into the courtroom, look the defendant square in the eye, and tell him/her that they're a loose cannon and they're off the force. Then I'd demand they turn in their badge and gun. If they do, great! If not, I'd tell the judge you're not going to play into any of their legislating-from-the-bench courtroom shenanigans and storm out.

I'll concede that legally speaking, it may not be the best course of action. I guess that's why I'm not a lawyer, judge, or cop. On the other hand, I've never been arrested, either, so perhaps there's something to it after all....

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Simucon? 07/18/2008 01:35 PM CDT
>I'll concede that legally speaking, it may not be the best course of action. I guess that's why I'm not a lawyer, judge, or cop. On the other hand, I've never been arrested, either, so perhaps there's something to it after all....

I've never been arrested either, but you'd be surprised how situational it can be. Some cops are just not that professional. Generally you're safe if you just shut up when told though.
Re: Simucon? 07/18/2008 02:12 PM CDT
That's the damn truth. Vera situational. Especially domestic violence stuff. You can get some Texas longhorn as a cop and he'll never arrest the female. It's ridiculous.

"She hit him on the head with an ashtray."

"Well he called her a naughty name!"

You wouldn't believe some of the answers my academy class came up with for DV situations. That was one of their answers. Lady conked her husband on the head for mouthing off and like 60% of the men said to haul HIM in.

I guess sexism has its benefits.

Red'

Re: Simucon? 07/18/2008 02:21 PM CDT
>>Know what I would do? I would storm into the courtroom, look the defendant square in the eye, and tell him/her that they're a loose cannon and they're off the force.

They're both my cases on two different civilians. One guy was tanked and drove through town after my boss talked with him. Guy ran from me while I had his license in my hand (I've actually driven him home before so I know where he lives too.) I lucked out though, another off-duty was at the bar for his birthday and helped me wrestle him around. Otherwise 110 me woulda tazed his butt.

The other one, this guy pulls a knife on someone he THINKS he knows, turns out he was high as a kite and drunk to boot and got his faces mixed up. The guy he pulled the knife on had a .45 on him. Lucky he didn't end up with a new breathing hole. He didn't put up a fight when I arrested him though. Gotta love the quiet ones.

So instead of alcohol, fun and making friends, I get courtroom, a grey uniform skirt and machine-gun questions from bad-breath lawyers. Yay jobs.

Hopefully next year though.

Red'

P.S.-Judges have NO sense of humor. I tried cracking a funny once and I got warned. Get three warnings and it's contempt of court...and it doesn't even have to be on the same case, just the same judge. I like the 80's movie "Angry Captain" approach though.

Re: Simucon? 07/18/2008 02:59 PM CDT
If you come to Simucon we can roleplay warrior mages and shoot people with your tasers.

I think I just heard Korutu volunteer.

It will be fun I promise.

a black panther comes flying into view! it hits the ground, bouncing once before sliding to a stop.
Re: Simucon? 07/19/2008 10:26 AM CDT
>>If you come to Simucon we can roleplay warrior mages and shoot people with your tasers.

Is that tingle or gar zeng?

GM Oolan Jeel

"This island is made mainly of coal and surrounded by fish. Only an organizing genius could produce a shortage of coal and fish at the same time." Aneurin Bevan, May 1945, on World War II rationing and shortages in England.
Re: Simucon? 07/19/2008 10:34 AM CDT
Its a combo of both, so its a new spell called "Pew Pew Taser Beams". Plz implement asap.
Re: Simucon? 07/19/2008 10:42 AM CDT
>>Know what I would do? I would storm into the courtroom, look the defendant square in the eye, and tell him/her that they're a loose cannon and they're off the force.

>They're both my cases on two different civilians.

That has no bearing on my advice.

>>If you come to Simucon we can roleplay warrior mages and shoot people with your tasers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw&NR=1

I call the +7 Vorpal Sword of Tyranny.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Simucon? 07/19/2008 07:32 PM CDT
its gz, does nerve damage.
Re: Simucon? 07/19/2008 10:10 PM CDT
<<Is that tingle or gar zeng?>>

Sounds like a whole new spell to me.

Teng Teng! Or...Gar Gingle?

Solomon

"Beat me, whip me, maintain my mindstate at sub-optimal levels!"
http://www.myspace.com/simutronicsdragonrealms
Re: Simucon? 07/20/2008 11:07 AM CDT
Tazer is more of a static discharge/gar zeng. Static ZENCHARGE! (sounds Buddhist)

You can use the shooty-probes and it's around pole range, or you can get up close and nasty and jam it into their neck. I've yet to make anyone pee themselves with it, but I'm hopeful.

If I can find my tazer video on youtube I'll post it. It's got my whole academy class on it. I'll be the white chick cursing up a storm. It's worth a giggle. I think the pepper spray one is funnier though...half a dozen grown adults in the back of a circling pickup screaming, "Faster you dolt!" while their heads stick out the sides like so many dogs, trying to get a cool breeze.

Red'

Re: Simucon? 07/20/2008 05:16 PM CDT
<<You can use the shooty-probes and it's around pole range, or you can get up close and nasty and jam it into their neck. I've yet to make anyone pee themselves with it, but I'm hopeful.

And people wonder why there's lobby groups advocating greater restrictions on the use of tasers by the 'professionals.'

-Evran
Re: Simucon? 07/20/2008 06:14 PM CDT
Anywayssssss

That joke went a little far. I'll just have to wait until next year to meet more war mages.

I know a ton of people going, but I think Gryck and I are about the only two people going that are WM as a primary character.

Start planning!

Re: Simucon? 07/20/2008 06:30 PM CDT
>>I know a ton of people going, but I think Gryck and I are about the only two people going that are WM as a primary character.<<

Ahem.

- Mazrian
Prev_page Previous 1