Prev_page Previous 1
Master wanted 06/22/2008 06:03 PM CDT
Posted in Shard near the North Gate:

"Looking for a spar partner. Do not waste my time unless you are an accorded Grand Master. Write your name on this poster and I will find you."

Redeth mors'Fieri

OOC:

Looking for someone, preferably (probably only) a warmie or a moonie, of a higher level (100+ or you wont last long) to take on mentoring my war magess Redeth.

Looking for someone pretty mean. Definately not a nurturer, someone who melt her for a mispoken word. Someone she can really hate enough to train hard. You don't even have to RP an evil character...you just have to be mean/demanding to/of HER. You can be as sweet as you like to everyone else...that would actually be kinda funny.

You hear your master thinking, "Huggles to you too, whoever!"
>
'What are you teaching me?
You say, "What are you teaching me today, master?"
>
>Your master exclaims, "SHUT UP YOU SNIVELING WRETCH!"

Warning! This request is in no way directed at people who report. As soon as she's able Red's going to try to kill you and it wont be after consent is granted. She's around 70th circle right now, so if you want a good long go at it I'd suggest 120's and up (she's moving pretty fast...I think my average for 60-70th was a circle per 4 days) That goes both ways though. If Red gets out of line and mouthy I expect some consequence in the form of physical nastiness as well. As soon as she CAN kill you, it's over. You can do your retribution kill if it makes you feel better, but you wont be her mentor any more.

As far as the mentoring itself goes I don't expect much more than a few classes in passing, some scathing remarks and some ugliness. Certainly not someone to go hunting with her. Probably a few spars to begin with and more as she progresses. I'd also prefer someone who frequents either Shard or Ratha but that's also not a requirement, any part of the mainland will do (Theren and south)so long as he/she can get word to her to report (without traveling on the big boats out to the far islands.) I'm living in Shard but in a few more shield ranks I can move to Ratha for dobeks and stay till whenever they get too easy or stick around and dink around with adan'f. A few demands made of her...that sort of thing, but definately not an every day occurence as it will probably last for a while.

Changing WHAT she trains isn't going to happen, she will not backtrain anything but for the sake of RP you can demand she carry another weapon or whatever around.

Blackfire enthusiasts a plus...that's her big goal for the future but definately not a requirement.

Red'

You can get ahold of me on AIM Redethmorsfieri or (as I'd prefer) you can just gweth about a bit of blackfire lore or for a spar near Shard.

I can also furnish a list of 'weaknesses' (physically weak etc.) of hers that you can exploit or you can wing it.

Re: Master wanted 06/24/2008 10:39 AM CDT
Hmmm.. Not that i'd even consider it but i am a bit offended that you think no one under 100th would last very long with you in a spar.

~ Mordimer
Re: Master wanted 06/24/2008 12:14 PM CDT
>Hmmm.. Not that i'd even consider it but i am a bit offended that you think no one under 100th would last very long with you in a spar.

It's very funny to me, considering (based on my observations) she'd be beaten by more than a handful of folks 10+ circles below her.

________
"I for one welcome our new Lithping Overlordth."
________
Re: Master wanted 06/24/2008 05:18 PM CDT
I did a similiar MM/WM - Master/Apprenticeship in the past similiar to this, and it was a lot of fun for both of us. Went on for a couple years. He'd always call me Master and cower whenever we were together; yet, he'd bicker and gossip about me behind my back. Whenever I'd find out, he'd get hurt. Hope you can find someone appropiate to assist you.
Re: Master wanted 06/24/2008 06:11 PM CDT
I've never beaten anyone over 30 circles above me. Unless Mvorn was way higher than everyone thought. (it was a fluke and I couldn't reproduce it without his consent).

I wasn't boasting...in saying that they wouldn't last long I meant that it wouldn't be long before I circle to the point that I WOULD be able to kill them. I circle fast, that's my only thing. I don't stick around and talk to people much, I don't have but 2 friends in game, and I don't like to halt my training for anything short of a riot of a good time. That's the personality I've assumed in Redeth.

I get less out of it than your average person who pretty much uses it as an AIM with boundaries, but I enjoy it enough to continue. The few interactions I've had because of it have made it worthwhile. Because of this I also circle faster than anyone else I've ever met.

I'm trying to delve into the RP scene a bit more and still hold that kind of training up. This was what I came up with (while still trying to work on the bad girl approach).

And (due to recent doubt) this is in NO way sexual. No stickiness. I just want a meany who'll gorilla stomp me when I get lippy.

Red'

If your irony meter is ticking in the yellow check your hypocrisy canary as well.
Re: Master wanted 06/24/2008 06:36 PM CDT
I've been beaten alot in spars, like ALOT!

I don't remember any spars where they were below me and won. I don't even remember any spars (aside from a ranger who responded to my challenge in front of the warmie guild today (I used a inviso ring and promptly got informed that was against good form)) where I fought someone smaller than myself.

Correct me if you have an example but either way I wasn't boasting.

Most of my spars are 2 out of 3 so if someone blasted me the first time cause they were far more creative and smart than me that's one thing, but I'm almost positive I've never even had a spar where it was on even ground (instead of in someone else favor.)

Red'

When you 'hear' something and comment on it, you mine as well accept that your a fat woman at the hair salon swapping rumors cause it's fun for you. Ask someone reputable who's sparred with me, or seen me spar otherwise lets not bring conflict to a folder I was just trying to get some RP action out of.

If your irony meter is ticking in the yellow check your hypocrisy canary as well.
Re: Master wanted 06/24/2008 07:52 PM CDT
Circle means nothing...Look at Tropicalo. Highest War Mage in the realms and he dies all the time to people lower then him.

Crusader Taghz

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother...", William Shakespeare.
Re: Master wanted 06/24/2008 09:06 PM CDT
Red just needs a daily beating. Well an hourly beating just to keep the mouth shut.

Arctuniol

Knowledge is like manure, it's only good when spread.
Re: Master wanted 06/24/2008 09:13 PM CDT
>>Circle means nothing...

Find me a circle 5 who can destroy a 100th.

It's a guide post...not only that but it's also a marker for the amount of TDP's you've spent (outside of actual 200 rank tdp gain).

It's not exact, but it's a guidepost just like a stereotype. The average.

People at 100th circle can rape people at 70th circle, even when they're morons.

Red'

Re: Master wanted 06/24/2008 09:46 PM CDT
<People at 100th circle can rape people at 70th circle, even when they're morons.>

Definitely not true. No matter what you think it is more then possible to eliminate someone 100th circle at 70th, specially when they are not the type to PvP, but this is not the right place for this type of discussion.

Arctuniol

Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 01:25 AM CDT
<<Redeth: People at 100th circle can rape people at 70th circle, even when they're morons.>>

My 59th circle Thief has raped many a 100th + circle chartacters with ease. I also got stomped on by a 30th circle barbarian once so circle might be a general guidline but doesnt always hold true.
Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 01:36 AM CDT
>> Find me a circle 5 who can destroy a 100th.

I can think of a circle 0 that can destroy a few 100ths.

Rev. Reene

"Even if you are a 1,000 year old Necrolord who is so steeped in blasphemy that your words cause the ground to shake and the sky to darken, you do not tick off Kssarh." - Armifer
Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 07:21 AM CDT
I need a sidekick. Preferrably someone with low self-esteem who doesn't have enough skill to threaten my authoritah. Must have experience using one's self to intercept and block incoming slings and arrows. Should wear heavy armor, but be unable to evade my advances. Female sub a plus.

:oP Ragran
Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 07:23 AM CDT
what authoritah??
Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 07:24 AM CDT
insolence...

Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 07:57 AM CDT
>>Because of this I also circle faster than anyone else I've ever met.

You need to meet more people. Like you said, you don't interact much and just focus on training. How would you know where you stand amongst others?

Player of Holy Guardian Adakin of Prime
Killr of TF
Kastr of TF
"The Key To Immortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering."

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."
Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 08:23 AM CDT
/in his best Ivan Drago voice

"I must break you."

- Galren

>>The Rippentropps are a mysterious collective of well-known individuals whose primary charge is to initiate the advancing task of not stopping.
Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 09:00 AM CDT
>>in his best Ivan Drago voice

>>"I must break you."

>>- Galren

I could see Galren as a Russian 'roided-up boxer.

~Zaktraw
Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 10:22 AM CDT
Position filled! I just gotta find him now.

Red'

Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 11:45 AM CDT
>>I need a sidekick. Preferrably someone with low self-esteem who doesn't have enough skill to threaten my authoritah. Must have experience using one's self to intercept and block incoming slings and arrows. Should wear heavy armor, but be unable to evade my advances. Female sub a plus.

I was like 4/5 for that and I pegged the plus...low self esteem one though, can't help ya. Red's pretty in love with herself, it's everyone else she's not so keen on. That sounds oddly familiar.

>>You need to meet more people. Like you said, you don't interact much and just focus on training. How would you know where you stand amongst others?

Plenty of friends, none that survived a ten circle gap. I spend 90% of my time training so it's either hunt with me or anger me enough to get me off the mountain. Probably lots of people that circle faster than me but .

>>Red just needs a daily beating. Well an hourly beating just to keep the mouth shut.

She doesn't talk/think outloud much. I was actually thinking of making her mute for some reason or another but the maryandrew(?) (lame rp character nickname) site says you can't have a disability that you overcome in some weird way and I was going to talk with my familiar...so it's either full mute or keep on trucking.

If you were talking about the player: Smile for the birdie.

>>I can think of a circle 0 that can destroy a few 100ths.

Darn those necro wannabes. There are exceptions to everything.

I'm bummed I can't open my trap without crapping in someone's soup.

Let's review!:

Me:"I'd like someone to kick me around a bit, must be 100+ circle or you wont last long."

2:"I'm offended you don't think a 100th circle would last long."

3:"You're bragging and you're lying."

4:"Good luck, it was fun when I tried it." (my liferaft of understanding)

Me:"I'm not bragging about my skill, this is just what I need."

Me:"I don't lie and I'm certainly not bragging about my tenure as a pvper. You're a moron for believing something you've never witnessed."

5:"That doesn't apply to this guy."

6(in another forum):"You're opinion doesn't count on this cause of your RP post."

7:"You just need to shut up."

Me:"The generality is something I used to flesh out my request. It applies to MOST people, not all. It applies to me."

7:"That doesn't apply to everyone."

8:"Doesn't apply to me! I'm heavy mojo."

9:"Or this dude."

You guys are really souring this for me. Yes your mommies were right, everyone is special. I'm just an idiot.

Do me a favor: Next time I reach out for some fun just call me a moron at the start of it, I'd rather not spend 20 minutes dinking around with the next retort.

Red'

Re: Master wanted ::NUDGE:: 06/25/2008 11:56 AM CDT

This isn't the conflicts folder. Take the bickering over there.

Annwyl
Senior Board Monitor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing Senior Board Monitor DR-Annwyl@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor DR-Cecco@play.net.
Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 11:58 AM CDT
>>2:"I'm offended you don't think a 100th circle would last long."

It appears you dont know much about PvP.

Crusader Taghz

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother...", William Shakespeare.
Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 12:01 PM CDT
I got a post removed from another board for saying something similar. I didn't catch it in time, ANNWYL...I'll erase it if I need to but could you go over it.

Red'

Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 12:27 PM CDT
>>I could see Galren as a Russian 'roided-up boxer.

Anyone have any boxing gloves?

- Galren

>>The Rippentropps are a mysterious collective of well-known individuals whose primary charge is to initiate the advancing task of not stopping.
Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 12:48 PM CDT
I always thought of you as a fluffy bunny. Now a fluffy bunny wearing boxing gloves is very funny, but a fluffy bunny wearing boxing gloves as a sidekick is down right hilarious. Should be a cartoon.

Arctuniol

Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 01:14 PM CDT
>>I always thought of you as a fluffy bunny. Now a fluffy bunny wearing boxing gloves is very funny, but a fluffy bunny wearing boxing gloves as a sidekick is down right hilarious. Should be a cartoon.

Close enough.

http://users.cwnet.com/xephyr/rich/dzone/hoozoo/images/roger2.gif
Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 01:26 PM CDT
You can be my Apollo Creed old man :P We'll see how fluffy I am then.

- Galren

Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 02:25 PM CDT
I sparred Redeth yesterday a few times. She did very well for herself.

~ Mordimer
Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 02:28 PM CDT
>>I sparred Redeth yesterday a few times. She did very well for herself.<<

Heh.

- Mazrian
Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 02:40 PM CDT
>>I sparred Redeth yesterday a few times. She did very well for herself.<<

>Heh.

I'd like to see her spar a thief.

Someone buy her some juggling items.

________
"I for one welcome our new Lithping Overlordth."
________
Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 03:34 PM CDT
I'll give her three punches to the head before she goes down for the count. Anything less and I won't train her in the ways of Awesome.

- Galren

Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 05:35 PM CDT
<<I was actually thinking of making her mute for some reason or another but the maryandrew(?) (lame rp character nickname) site says you can't have a disability that you overcome in some weird way and I was going to talk with my familiar...so it's either full mute or keep on trucking.>>

There have been very very few really consistent mutes in the history of the game. I think the best way to overcome the challenge is to scroll words in the dirt using act or smile features.

Anyone that says you can't use that device as a way of communicating in lieu of speaking is dumb. Do it. Doooo it.

Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 09:10 PM CDT
>>Anyone that says you can't use that device as a way of communicating in lieu of speaking is dumb. Do it. Doooo it.

Thanks! I think I will, and now I have an reason to do it as well.

Red' got humiliated by Galren in front of another warmie. She's still fuming, I'll have her swear an oath of silence until she kills him.

I never thought of it going down like that, it worked NIFTY though. Thanks!

Red'

Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 09:34 PM CDT
There was a little barbarian there too! Though, he was too busy being scared of all of you.
Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 09:36 PM CDT
Please post log.

Crusader Taghz

Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 10:26 PM CDT
I actually did log it...how do I get to the logs?

Red'

Re: Master wanted 06/25/2008 11:15 PM CDT
>>Anyone that says you can't use that device as a way of communicating in lieu of speaking is dumb. Do it. Doooo it.

Not really, they simply aren't being as eloquent in the expression of their objections. Most often people say this in regards to the players scrolling in the dirt in odd places--like up in the boughs of a tree, on cobblestones or other hardpacked surfaces (ie, the marble floors of a bank lobby), or neck-deep in a puddle of water.

As long as you pay attention to and work within the bounds of your surroundings, writing in the dirt is ok.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Master wanted 06/26/2008 12:05 AM CDT
>>There have been very very few really consistent mutes in the history of the game.

My favorite mute used a companion slate. I can't for the life of me recall the name, but she's been around for ever.

--Player of many, master of none--
Re: Master wanted (LONG LOG!) I'm wretched at editing. 06/26/2008 12:07 AM CDT

You notice as a black leopard slinks into the area.
Eyes unfocused, Qedryn raises one hand before him in a studied gesture.
J>sit
You sit down.
The black leopard sits down.
Galren tosses five of his granite celpeze into the air and starts to juggle them. He gets a good crossover pattern going, and keeps the celpeze flying smoothly, with a good rhythm. He wraps it up with a flourish.
sJ>leave
You have left your group.
s>dance
You leap to your feet!
Qedryn holds a twisted cambrinth armband in both hands and closes his eyes in concentration.
Evertoamicus gestures.
Evertoamicus's cambrinth ring emits a loud snap.
Evertoamicus's ethereal shield shimmers slightly.
Evertoamicus holds a cambrinth ring in both hands and closes his eyes in concentration.
Elryyk whispers, "You could always smack around a couple snot nosed Prydaen hangin out here."
Brother Chauliss just arrived.
Galren tosses five of his granite celpeze into the air and starts to juggle them. He begins with a simple, smooth crossover pattern, and then starts tossing every third one over his shoulder and catching it behind his back. Galren keeps going for a while, a look of concentration on his face, then brings everything to a graceful stop.
>grin
Qedryn gestures.
Qedryn's cambrinth armband emits a loud snap.
You grin.
>whisper elry Not a fan of the fuzzies?
You whisper to Elryyk.
>look
Evertoamicus appears to be concentrating intently on something.
[Northeast Wilds, Grimsage Way]
An enormous tower of grey marble rises imposingly from the ground, its stones fitted so closely that it appears to be one seamless spear of earth. The top of the tower gleams brightly, the light reflecting from the panes of a skylight set into the roof. A set of gleaming ebonwood doors inlaid with gold lead into the tower. You also see a black leopard that is sitting and a firewood bin.
Also here: Brother Chauliss, Elryyk, Dathga Chuthi Vayato Qedryn, Shoplifter Lyticanite, Davafro Vayato Kalaralor, Mercenary Galren, Apprentice Merchant Silvaria, Tiashin, Flame Spitter Evertoamicus
Obvious paths: south.
Galren tosses five of his granite celpeze into the air and starts to juggle them. He begins with a simple, smooth crossover pattern, and then starts tossing every third one over his shoulder and catching it behind his back. Galren keeps going for a while, a look of concentration on his face, then brings everything to a graceful stop.
A billowing crystalline cloak suddenly shatters into a thousand shards that quickly melt into nothing.
Elryyk whispers, "I mean if you're going to look for fights no sense in sustaining yourself from insulting a few people."
Lyticanite asks, "anyone want a class or anything?"
Elryyk looks at you and shrugs.
Silvaria shows Kalaralor her gossamer chmir.
Qedryn holds a twisted cambrinth armband in both hands and closes his eyes in concentration.
Evertoamicus traces an arcane sigil in the air.
You recognize the spell as Ethereal Shield.
Galren tosses six of his granite celpeze into the air and starts to juggle them. He starts with a simple, smooth crossover pattern, and then shifts to a two-two-two pattern that keeps his hands flying. Then he segues into a crossover high-low pattern, with the celpeze flying to different heights in an impressive and showy display of skill.
Evertoamicus asks, "TM?"
Qedryn chants a few words in a low voice.
A billowing cloak of some unusual crystalline substance appears and wraps itself around Qedryn.
Elryyk whispers, "teach me parry ?"
Lyticanite chuckles.
Silvaria shows Kalaralor her mistsilk Pr'ysin.
Elryyk smiles at you.
Elryyk takes a seat.
Elryyk leans on you.
Qedryn gestures.
Lyticanite says, "of course, always TM here."
Tiashin says, "Targeted magic would be nice."
Lyticanite begins to lecture Evertoamicus on the proper use of the targeted magic skill.
Evertoamicus begins to listen to Lyticanite teach the targeted magic skill.
>"Anyone for a row? I've a mind to scuffle.
You say, "Anyone for a row? I've a mind to scuffle."
Lyticanite begins to lecture Tiashin on the proper use of the targeted magic skill.
Kalaralor rubs her eyes.
Tiashin begins to listen to Lyticanite teach the targeted magic skill.
Evertoamicus lets out a hearty cheer for Lyticanite!
Tiashin says, "Thanks."
Evertoamicus gestures.
Kalaralor says something in Prydaenese.
Silvaria says something in Prydaenese.
Evertoamicus holds a cambrinth ring in both hands and closes his eyes in concentration.
The bandages binding Evertoamicus's right arm soak through with blood as it begins bleeding again.

Elryyk says, "I think you'd pretty much mop up anyone here Red."
Qedryn gestures.
Lyticanite asks, "what do you hunt, red?"
Kalaralor asks something in Prydaenese.
Galren chuckles.
Elryyk says, "Doesn't look like anyone has the brass tax to take on the likes of you."
Evertoamicus appears to be concentrating intently on something.
Kalaralor scratches one ear, looking bemused.
Elryyk whispers, "Oooo Galren"
The hazy charcoal black shield fades from around you.
You notice as a black leopard sniffs the ground.
You notice Chauliss slip into a hiding place.
Evertoamicus traces an arcane sigil in the air.
>"Mostly gryphons. Sometimes Adan'f.
Galren raises an eyebrow.
Qedryn says something in Prydaenese.
You say, "Mostly gryphons. Sometimes Adan'f."
Elryyk whispers, "God please kill em. Rippentrop scum. He's an arrogant prick to."
Lyticanite holds up her hand and tilts it side to side in a so-so gesture.
>"Moving to Ratha for dobek tonight.
Qedryn rubs Kalaralor gently, massaging her muscles.
You say, "Moving to Ratha for dobek tonight."
Qedryn gestures.
Galren says, "I'll tango"
Lyticanite says, "yer a bit bigger than me"
You notice Chauliss come out of hiding.
Kalaralor says something in Prydaenese.
Kalaralor chuckles.
Elryyk whispers, "Told ya"
>nod
You nod.
Galren says, "Lets go sister"
Galren puts his celpeze in his oilcloth rucksack.
>join gal
Silvaria grins.
You join Galren's group.
Tiashin traces an arcane sigil in the air.
Evertoamicus gestures.
Evertoamicus's cambrinth ring emits a loud snap.
Lyticanite chortles softly at some secret joke.
Silvaria shows Kalaralor her gossamer chmir.
Silvaria says something in Prydaenese.
Silvaria shrugs.
Tiashin holds a cambrinth ring in both hands and closes his eyes in concentration.
J>"Cemetary?
You ask, "Cemetary?"
Galren says, "Yep"
Lyticanite says, "i kinda wanna watch"
Lyticanite says, "class on hold"
Elryyk whispers, "If I come watch you better win"
You notice as a black leopard gazes around with large yellow eyes.
Lyticanite grins.
Galren says, "Then join up"

[Hilltop Cemetery, Before Mausoleum]
The trees have given way to a mausoleum crafted from white marble. The entrance is marked by two smooth columns and perched just above, a solemn-looking stone gargoyle surveys the surroundings. You also see a huge WARNING sign.
Also here: Shoplifter Lyticanite, Mercenary Galren
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west.
Mercenary Galren's group just went north.
[Hilltop Cemetery, Winding Footpath]
Just beyond the iron fence that runs along the path to the southeast, you hear something moving about in the underbrush. Faint pinpoints of light fade in and out of the trees and you would swear the temperature just dropped. The outline of a square structure lies to the south, while a faint trail heads northwest through low-hanging trees. You also see an imposing marble crypt.
Also here: Shoplifter Lyticanite, Mercenary Galren
Obvious paths: southeast, south, southwest, northwest.
Galren stops you from following him.
>.sw
[Script sw is running, Esc to cancel, Shift-Esc to pause]
>prep sw
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
That won't affect your current attunement very much.
Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Swirling Winds spell.
>harness 7
You tap into the mana from seven of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
Roundtime: 3 seconds
R>harness 7
You tap into the mana from seven of the surrounding streams and add it to the average amount already streaming around you.
Lyticanite stares intently at a black leopard for a moment.
Elryyk just arrived.
You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.
Elryyk traces an arcane sigil in the air.
Elryyk appears to be concentrating intently on something.
>harness 7
You tap into the mana from seven of the surrounding streams and add it to the substantial amount already streaming around you.
Galren says, "Alright do your worst before I crack that skull"
Galren draws forth a steel-banded ironwood oval shield.
>harness 7
You tap into the mana from seven of the surrounding streams and add it to the appreciable amount already streaming around you.
Galren cracks his knuckles.
Lyticanite chuckles.
>harness 7
You tap into the mana from seven of the surrounding streams and add it to the large amount already streaming around you.
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
>grin
You grin.
>harness 7
You tap into the mana from seven of the surrounding streams and add it to the huge amount already streaming around you.
Elryyk seems to be concentrating intently on something.
Galren gets a log from inside his oilcloth rucksack.
>harness 7
You tap into the mana from seven of the surrounding streams and add it to the massive amount already streaming around you.
Lyticanite gets a cambrinth orb from inside her oilcloth rucksack.
>cast
*SW UP*
[script done]
>"That's refreshing...last fella I fought refused to do me any harm.
You gesture.
The mana you were holding contributes to the spell.
You harness the currents of air and channel them around yourself. They mold to your body, allowing you to dodge and parry more easily.
You say, "That's refreshing...last fella I fought refused to do me any harm."
>.suf
[Script suf is running, Esc to cancel, Shift-Esc to pause]
>prep suf 10
Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Sure Footing spell.
>harness 7
You tap into the mana from seven of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
Galren chuckles.
Elryyk gestures.
Elryyk's ethereal shield shimmers slightly.
>harness 7
Lyticanite puts her orb in her oilcloth rucksack.
You tap into the mana from seven of the surrounding streams and add it to the average amount already streaming around you.
Lyticanite gets a startled cambrinth chicken from inside her oilcloth rucksack.
Galren asks, "Any preference on limbs?"
>harness 7
You tap into the mana from seven of the surrounding streams and add it to the substantial amount already streaming around you.
R>harness 7
You tap into the mana from seven of the surrounding streams and add it to the appreciable amount already streaming around you.
Galren asks, "Have a favorite?"
Lyticanite traces an arcane sigil in the air.
Galren puts his log in his oilcloth rucksack.
>harness 7
You tap into the mana from seven of the surrounding streams and add it to the large amount already streaming around you.
R>"I'm partial to my right, go for that one.
You say, "I'm partial to my right, go for that one."
Lyticanite holds a coiled silver armlet shaped like a snake studded with cambrinth scales in both hands and closes her eyes in concentration.
>harness 7
You tap into the mana from seven of the surrounding streams and add it to the huge amount already streaming around you.
R>"And yours?
You ask, "And yours?"
>harness 7
You tap into the mana from seven of the surrounding streams and add it to the massive amount already streaming around you.
Lyticanite holds a bright yellow distant middens butterfly in both hands and closes her eyes in concentration.
Galren says, "You got it"
>cast
*SUF UP*
[script done]
You gesture.
You feel steadier.
Galren says, "Oh don't worry, you won't even touch me"
Lyticanite holds a pewter tailband engraved with dark storm clouds surrounding a cambrinth sun in both hands and closes her eyes in concentration.
>.aeg
[Script aeg is running, Esc to cancel, Shift-Esc to pause]
>prep aeg 10
Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Aegis of Granite spell.
>harness 7
R>harness 7
Lyticanite holds a startled cambrinth chicken in both hands and closes her eyes in concentration.
>harness 7
Lyticanite puts her chicken in her oilcloth rucksack.
Lyticanite whispers, "i'm thinking galren is like 100+ ... but i could be wrong."
>harness 7
Lyticanite chuckles.
Lyticanite holds a cambrinth orb in both hands and closes her eyes in concentration.
R>harness 7
R>harness 7
Lyticanite gestures.
Lyticanite's cambrinth orb emits a loud snap.
Lyticanite's cambrinth chicken emits a loud snap.
Lyticanite's cambrinth tailband emits a loud snap.
Lyticanite's silver armlet emits a loud snap.
Lyticanite's cambrinth butterfly emits a loud snap.
A shimmering shield surrounds Lyticanite.
Galren comes out of hiding.
>remove shield
>cast armworn
*shield on arm*
[script done]
Remove what?
You feel a pulse of elemental Earth energy surge through the ground beneath your feet and stream upward through your body. With a deft manipulation you channel the energy into a coherent pattern, shaping the outline of a small hazy charcoal black granite shield attached to your left arm.

You feel lingering traces of the Earth magic concentrate in your body, strengthening your shield arm and filling you with energy.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
* Driving in like an unbeatable force, Galren punches his spiked knuckle at you. You beat off some of the knuckle with an etched steel parry stick with black leather straps. The knuckle lands a hard hit that deeply bruises the right bicep.
[You're hurt, nimbly balanced and in better position.]
Lyticanite puts her chicken in her oilcloth rucksack.
* Driving in like an adept combatant, Galren punches his spiked knuckle at you. You turn aside most of the knuckle with an etched steel parry stick with black leather straps. The knuckle lands a solid hit that bruises the left forearm.
[You're battered, incredibly balanced and in excellent position.]
Lyticanite whispers, "should be fun either way. we might have a gow afterwards"
!>ret
You retreat back to pole range.
Lyticanite ponders.
Galren bobs, lowering himself into a smaller target.
[You're battered, incredibly balanced and in superior position.]
!>"didn't want to challenge first?
You ask, "didn't want to challenge first?"
!>path foc damage
!>prep cl 12
> target
> cast
You focus on manipulating an aethereal pathway to enhance the damage of your targeted spells.
Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Chain Lightning spell.
You begin to weave mana lines into a target pattern around Galren.
You gesture at Galren.
A hazy charcoal black bolt of lightning strikes near Galren but he manages to get out of the way!

A hazy charcoal black bolt of lightning strikes near Galren but he manages to get out of the way!

Roundtime: 1 second.
Galren chuckles.
!>prep cl 12
> target
> cast
Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Chain Lightning spell.
You gesture at Galren.

!R>prep cl 12
> target
> cast
You gesture at Galren.

!R>prep gz 3
> target
> cast
...wait 1 seconds.
...wait 1 seconds.
...wait 1 seconds.
!R>prep gz 3
> target
> cast
Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Gar Zeng spell.
You reach out toward Galren with your right hand.
A blast of hazy charcoal black electricity arcs from you to him!
He manages to get out of the way of the arcing blast of electricity!
Roundtime: 1 second
!R>prep gz 3
> target
> cast
Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Gar Zeng spell.
Two blasts of hazy charcoal black electricity arc from you to him!
He manages to get out of the way of the first arcing blast of electricity!
Galren says, "Noooo thanks"
!R>prep gz 3
> target
> cast
Two blasts of hazy charcoal black electricity arc from you to him!
Galren begins to advance on you!
Galren advances from nearby and is closing steadily.
!R>prep cl 12
> target
> cast
Your secondary spell pattern dissipates because your target is no longer in range, but the main spell remains intact.
!>ret
You are already as far away as you can get!
!>adv
What do you want to advance towards?
Galren leaps from hiding and ambushes you, completely surprising you.
* With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, Galren punches his spiked knuckle at you. You beat off some of the knuckle with an etched steel parry stick with black leather straps. The knuckle lands a solid hit that glances the spiked knuckle across the forehead, lightly stunning you.
[You're very beat up, very badly balanced with opponent in excellent position.]
!S>prep sd 20
You are still stunned.
* Moving like a striking snake, Galren punches his spiked knuckle at you. You deflect most of the knuckle with an etched steel parry stick with black leather straps. The knuckle lands a solid hit that glances the spiked knuckle across the forehead.
[You're badly hurt, very badly balanced with opponent in superior position.]
!S>look
Just beyond the iron fence that runs along the path to the southeast, you hear something moving about in the underbrush. Faint pinpoints of light fade in and out of the trees and you would swear the temperature just dropped. The outline of a square structure lies to the south, while a faint trail heads northwest through low-hanging trees. You also see a black leopard that is sitting and an imposing marble crypt.
Also here: Elryyk, Shoplifter Lyticanite, Mercenary Galren
Lyticanite ponders.
!S>prep sd 20
You are already preparing the Chain Lightning spell!
!>ret
You are already as far away as you can get!
!>release
You aren't holding any mana.
You let your concentration lapse and feel the spell's energies dissipate.
Type RELEASE HELP for more options.
Galren leaps from hiding and ambushes you, completely surprising you.
* Driving in like an adept combatant, Galren punches his spiked knuckle at you. You turn aside some of the knuckle with an etched steel parry stick with black leather straps. The knuckle lands a strong hit that lands a hard blow to the back of the head.
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your spirit and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

You are somewhat comforted that you have gained favor with your God and are in no danger of walking the Starry Road, never to return.

Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 312 minutes.
[You're very badly balanced]
DEAD>prep sd 20
You are a ghost! You must wait until someone resurrects you, or you decay. Either way, it won't be long now! (HELP for more details).
Lyticanite says, "that's, hmm."
Lyticanite chuckles.
You recognize the spell as Sure Footing.
DEAD>laugh
You laugh, the sepulchral sound echoing through the room.
Elryyk pats you on the back.
Lyticanite works carefully at tending your wounded head.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
Galren says, "Lets get this place cleaned up. We've got a lot to do"
Galren says, "Glass jaw you have thoug"
Lyticanite holds a coiled silver armlet shaped like a snake studded with cambrinth scales in both hands and closes her eyes in concentration.
Galren says, "Certainly can take a beating"
You notice as a black leopard looks around cautiously.
Lyticanite holds a bright yellow distant middens butterfly in both hands and closes her eyes in concentration.
GALREN DRAGGED ME TO CLERIC GUILD AND LYNNETE HEALED

Lynnete says, "ok his body is fixed, he just needs to find the will to live now"
Jopler tosses a couple of his colorful balls into the air in an attempt to juggle them. He manages to get them going, and keeps them flying for a short time. Jopler finally catches them as they come down and stops, managing a smooth, graceful end.
Athe just left.
Ryoukai moves over to guard a blackened-prong trident with a sharkskin handle.
The disposal bin burbles suddenly as its contents begin to dissolve....

After a moment, it seems to calm down.
Taysin says, "I am unable to raise as of yet."
Lynnete closes her eyes and breathes deeply.
Jopler tosses four of his colorful balls into the air and starts to juggle them, getting a good crossover pattern going for a while. He almost slips at the end, but manages to catch them all without quite dropping any.
DEAD>"Thank you, Lynnete.
Taysin gestures at you.
You feel a sense of security as the spell lends additional protection to your fragile memories.
You say, "Thank you, Lynnete."

Galren says, "Voulfe if you raise Redeth I'll consider all past transgressions forgiven and you shall be welcomed into my good graces."
Voulfe ponders.
Galren leans to his right slightly.
Voulfe says, "Hmm.."
Taysin bows his head and chants a prayer.
Galren stretches his arms.
The disposal bin burbles suddenly as its contents begin to dissolve....

After a moment, it seems to calm down.
Taysin holds a dark cambrinth armband inset with a multitude of tiny gemstone chips in both hands and closes his eyes in concentration.
Lynnete nods to Voulfe.
Taysin gestures.
Taysin's cambrinth armband emits a loud snap.
A soft crackle briefly comes from Taysin's direction.
Voulfe says, "Tempting.."
DEAD>look voul
You see Life Giver Voulfe, Resurrector of Elanthia, a Human.

You cannot make out his features with the clothing he is wearing.
He is in good shape.

He is wearing a translucent cambrinth armband decorated with small onyx plates, a target shield, a well-worn harness bearing a faded design of a dragon with missing scales, a long black hooded cloak fastened with a dragon-shaped pewter clasp, a supple black leucro hide pack clasped with a gleaming silver fang, a pair of cambrinth-framed spectacles, a cambrinth ring, some black jack boots, some steel-toed footwraps with silver buckles, a silver leather sheath, a polished belt frog with a steel broadsword and a rusting sap-stained axe hanging from it, some darned dark blue socks, a serpentine cambrinth earcuff carved in the shape of an adder, an etched crescent-shaped cambrinth moon pendant, a black canvas sack, a thigh bag, a polished black hauberk, a polished black helm, some polished black gloves, some wickedly spiked knuckles, some engraved elbow spikes, some iron knee spikes, a red gem pouch and a curiously shaped medicine bag covered with iridescent greenish-black grackle feathers.
Lynnete says, "accept it and raise him"
Taysin holds a dark cambrinth armband inset with a multitude of tiny gemstone chips in both hands and closes his eyes in concentration.
Voulfe says to Galren, "Say you're sorry for thumping me, and it's a deal."
Lynnete pats Voulfe on the back.
Taysin gestures.
A soft white nimbus ebbs toward Taysin, melding with his luminous aura.
DEAD>ooc lynn her hun...I really shoulda named me something more feminine, I know.
You project your spirit into a ghostly whisper to Lynnete.
Galren chuckles.
Voulfe says, "That's all I ask."
A tiny shadowling trots up to Voulfe, rubs against his leg for a moment, then slides down to lie on his feet and gaze up at him.
Taysin gestures.
Galren says, "It was a bit hastey I suppose"
Voulfe chuckles.
Jopler tosses three of his colorful balls into the air and starts juggling them. He is able to get them going, and keeps them flying for a short time, even managing to catch them all at the end, with a bit of panicked grabbing.
Galren says, "Then I apologize for the throat punch."
Galren says, "I still hate Jhin though."
Voulfe says, "Done."
Lynnete whispers, "Airam said she's sorry for the mistake the other day too just so you know"
Voulfe laughs!
Galren says, "I shall not budge on that."
Taysin gestures.
Voulfe exclaims, "Fair enough!"
Voulfe laughs at Galren.
Jopler tosses three of his colorful balls into the air and starts juggling them. He is able to get them going, and keeps them flying for a short time, even managing to catch them all at the end, with a bit of panicked grabbing.
Lualla just arrived.
Jopler tosses three of his colorful balls into the air and starts juggling them. He gets a good rhythm going, sending the colorful balls flying high into the air in a nice even pattern, until the end when he deftly catches each one and stops.
Lualla gives Voulfe some coins.
Voulfe says to you, "Alright... Let's get you on your feet."
Lualla nods graciously at Voulfe, giving him a polite smile.
Voulfe rubs his hands together.
DEAD>whisper lyn It's the heavy plate...no place for breasts.
Voulfe bows to Lualla.
DEAD>"thank you.
You say, "thank you."
Jopler tosses four of his colorful balls into the air and starts to juggle them, getting a good crossover pattern going for a while. He almost slips at the end, but manages to catch them all without quite dropping any.
Voulfe says to Lualla, "Thanks so much."
Lualla winks at Voulfe.
Voulfe bows his head and chants a prayer.
Voulfe seems to be concentrating intently on something.
Lualla says, "Thank you back"
Jopler tosses a couple of his colorful balls into the air in an attempt to juggle them. He manages to get them going, and keeps them flying for a short time, before finally catching them with a minimum of fumbling and grabbing.
Voulfe beams at Lualla!
Voulfe gestures at you.
You feel a sense of security as the spell lends additional protection to your fragile memories.
Jopler tosses three of his colorful balls into the air and starts juggling them. He gets a good rhythm going, sending the colorful balls flying high into the air in a nice even pattern, until the end when he deftly catches each one and stops.
Voulfe reaches up with open palms and cradles the floating cerulean orb, allowing the light to ripple over his body like a rising tide.
A pale-blue nimbus explodes outward, enshrouding Voulfe's body like a ghostly blanket. Slender tendrils of silver vapor slowly arise from the cloud and reach for Voulfe's eyes like long spectral fingers.
The color in Voulfe's eyes changes, the pupil gradually fading from sight as his eyes turn pale-blue in color.
Voulfe rakes the area with his eyes, searching for something unseen.
Voulfe's eyes flare briefly and the blue-white hue intensifies.
You feel pangs of despair as Voulfe's gaze slides over you, seemingly without registering your presence.
Lynnete whispers, "and for me to make the same mistake twice, I can only claim I'm tired at the moment, the other day was just going by your complaint at being called m'lady"
Taysin attaches a dark cambrinth armband inset with a multitude of tiny gemstone chips to his upper arm.
You feel pangs of despair as Voulfe's gaze slides over you, seemingly without registering your presence.
Taysin gets a Cleric pattern from inside his hip pouch.
Lynnete asks, "youd on't have her up yet?"
Voulfe gazes intently at your corpse.
Lynnete gazes at Voulfe.
Voulfe grins.
Lynnete lays her hand on your arm.
You feel a warmth radiate from Lynnete's touch.
You have a brief sensation that leaves your wounds tingling.
Lualla smiles at Rumael.
Voulfe says, "I didn't have rezz up."
Rumael grins at Lualla.
DEAD>whisper lynn I'm high maintenence...that's for sure and certain.
Lynnete asks, "and who's fault is that?"
Rumael says to Lualla, "dont get dead again"
Voulfe ponders.
Lynnete grins at you.
Lualla folds her arms across her chest.
Voulfe points at Galren.
Jopler closes his eyes for a moment and grows still.
Voulfe nods.
Lualla makes a grunting noise.
Voulfe laughs!
Rumael chuckles to himself.
A tiny shadowling trots up to Lualla, rubs against her leg for a moment, then slides down to lie on her feet and gaze up at her.
Lualla glances at a shadowling.
Charmer Camalita just arrived.
Jopler tosses a couple of his colorful balls into the air in an attempt to juggle them. He manages to get them going, and keeps them flying for a short time. Jopler finally catches them as they come down and stops, managing a smooth, graceful end.
Lynnete says, "awww how cute"
Ryoukai grins.
You feel a sense of security as Voulfe's eyes focus on you.
Camalita closes her eyes for a moment and grows still.
Rumael appears to be concentrating intently on something.
Voulfe gestures at you.
Your body is outlined by a silvery corona as your soul is bonded to it.
As Voulfe murmurs a quiet prayer to Meraud, his hands begin to glow faintly silver. He extends a glowing hand towards your body.
Ethereal bands of crimson surround your body, flickering at the edges of your vision. Silvery wisps trapped within the bands are channeled into your body. The red bands fade away and you shudder, gasping for breath.
Voulfe collapses.
Roundtime: 20 sec.
Lynnete tries to pull you to your feet, but cannot.
PR>dance
...wait 9 seconds.
Lynnete says, "I give up I'm weak tonight"
Voulfe tries to pull you to your feet, but cannot.
P>dance
You leap to your feet!
Voulfe pulls you towards him!
Voulfe ducks his head.
Rumael bows his head and chants a prayer.
>"Thank you.
You say, "Thank you."
Voulfe blushes a bright red color.
A small girl dressed in rags strolls into the area, looking around casually.
The fragile young girl wanders off.
>stretch
You stretch your arms. Feels great!
Voulfe says to Galren, " I'm glad I don't have to hate you anymore."
Voulfe grins at Galren.
Rumael says, "join up for some courage"
Yajo's group just arrived.
Voulfe joins Rumael's group.
Lualla joins Rumael's group.
Yajo bows to Galren.
Voulfe says, "Join for courage"
Galren says, "Now we head back there and we see just what you're made of."
Galren waves to Yajo.
Galren says, "Hello Yajo"
Yajo clasps Galren's forearm in a hearty Barbarian greeting.
Voulfe chuckles.
Your spirit feels less drained.
Rumael gestures.
Galren grabs Yajo's forearm in a vise-like grip and shakes him violently, greeting him like a long-lost Barbarian sibling.
>"I'll be back with another corpse.
You say, "I'll be back with another corpse."
>wink vou
Rumael cheerfully says, "luck"
You wink at Voulfe.
Galren asks, "Came to learn the secret of Hiss?"
MOVED TO GRAVEYARD FROM CLERIC GUILD
>hide
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
Roundtime: 6 sec.
Lyticanite sighs softly as the pale yellow sparks surrounding her body fade away.
The black leopard slinks off.
HR>look
Just beyond the iron fence that runs along the path to the southeast, you hear something moving about in the underbrush. Faint pinpoints of light fade in and out of the trees and you would swear the temperature just dropped. The outline of a square structure lies to the south, while a faint trail heads northwest through low-hanging trees. You also see an imposing marble crypt.
Also here: Shoplifter Lyticanite
Lyticanite chuckles.
Mercenary Galren's group just arrived.
H>"If you've spells that will protect you, I'd use them now.
You say, "If you've spells that will protect you, I'd use them now."
H>prep ip 20
You feel as if that will disrupt about half your current attunement.
Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Ice Patch spell.
Galren chuckles.
Lyticanite asks, "eh?"
Lyticanite gestures.
Lyticanite's ethereal shield shimmers slightly.
Galren says, "Do your worst Red. Yajo, I'll show you what I mean"
Galren asks, "Do you know what Slash does?"
You recognize the spell as Mantle of Flame.
H>cast gal
You come out of hiding.
You gesture at Galren.
Your spell backfires by a large amount.
Lyticanite gestures.
A soft crackle briefly comes from Lyticanite's direction.
>growl
You growl ferociously!
Yajo smiles.
Galren observes Yajo with fascination.
Galren asks, "Yes, no?"
Yajo nods to Galren.
Lyticanite gestures.
A crackling mantle of blazing reddish-gold flames surrounds Lyticanite!
Galren says, "Hide now"
You notice Yajo slip into a hiding place.
>wield ilt
You sense your black leopard stand back up.
>adv gal
You begin to advance on Galren.
Yajo just arrived.
Galren grins at Yajo.
Galren asks, "See?"
You sense your granite shield grow a bit lighter.
Yajo smirks.
Yajo nods to Galren.
You close to pole weapon range on Galren.
Galren says, "Even easier"
Galren says, "Than Slash"
You close to melee range on Galren.
Yajo exclaims, "Very nice!"
Galren says, "And useful"
>draw gal
< Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, you step backward and then jab at Galren. Galren dodges, twisting easily away from the blow.
[You're very badly hurt, very cold, somewhat off balance with opponent in good position.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
Galren snaps to attention and hails Yajo with a crisp hand salute.
Yajo glances at you.
R>sweep gal
< Moving as one fluid extension of power, you sweep a razor-edged dueling iltesh at Galren. Galren dodges, stepping aside with ease.
[You're very badly hurt, very cold, somewhat off balance with opponent in good position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
R>slice
There is nothing else to face!
At what are you trying to slice?
>slice gal
< Moving with powerful grace, you slice a razor-edged dueling iltesh at Galren. Galren dodges, stepping aside with ease.
[You're very badly hurt, very cold, solidly balanced with no advantage.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
Yajo says, "Might want to take care of that"
R>chop gal
< Moving as one fluid extension of power, you chop a razor-edged dueling iltesh at Galren. Galren dodges, with a practiced hand.
[You're very badly hurt, very cold, nimbly balanced and have slight advantage.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
Shoplifter Lyticanite just arrived.
>prep gz 3
> target
> cast
You reach out toward Galren with your left hand.
Two blasts of electricity arc from you to him!
Lyticanite chuckles.
>prep gz 3
> target
> cast
Three blasts of electricity arc from you to him!
Yajo glances at you.
>prep gz 3
> target
> cast
Three blasts of electricity arc from you to him!
Galren says to you, "Stop that right now. Think before you attack, you're using the wrong techniques"
Yajo says, "Looks...iritating"
Yajo nods.
>ret
>ret
You retreat from combat.
The flames surrounding Lyticanite burn brightly!
Galren asks, "How do you hit someone larger and faster?"
>sheath
You sheathe the dueling iltesh in your weapon harness.
Galren assesses his combat situation.
Lyticanite asks, "by dissabling them?"
Galren says, "Yes"
Lyticanite lets out a loud "Huzzah!"
Galren says, "What is the easiest way to hinder me"
You close to pole weapon range on Galren.
Galren makes a disgusting grunting noise.
You notice Yajo begin to watch your movements.
Lyticanite says, "um... i would go with possibly vertigo"
Galren grins at Lyticanite.
Lyticanite says, "or ice patch"
Galren says, "Smart one"
Lyticanite says, "but since you're big, i doubt i could drop you"
>path foc ease
You focus on manipulating an aethereal pathway to allow energy to flow more efficiently in your spell matrices.
Galren says, "There are 4 options though"
You notice as a black leopard looks around cautiously.
Yajo says, "I would recommend waiting until your asleep, then use a large mattock"
Yajo nods.
Galren chuckles.
>cast
You gesture.
Your spell backfires by a large amount.
Galren grins at Yajo.
Yajo gets a war mattock from inside his traveler's pack.
>growl
You growl ferociously!
Galren says, "Sleep with one eye open."
Yajo shows you a war mattock. Impressed into the metal is the image of a slender, sleepy-eyed salamander writhing about the inscription, "X marks the spot".
Yajo says, "Ew"
Yajo nods to Galren.
Galren chuckles.
Yajo puts his mattock in his traveler's pack.
R>health

Your body feels very beat up.
Your spirit feels extremely weak.
You have no significant injuries.

You sense that the exertions of your mind are altering the course of local aethereal streams.
You notice as a black leopard snarls for a moment, then seems to calm down.
You sense a tiny amount of mana slip away from you.
>cast
You gesture.
A small, cascading wave of tiny blue sparks erupts in the air before you.
Your Ethereal Shield flares a soft white as the sparks strike it, creating an impressively intense and brilliant explosion of static electricity!
Galren shudders and flexes, but is otherwise unharmed.
R>path stop
You gently relax your mind and release your hold on the aethereal pathways.
Galren grins.
Galren says, "Close but wrong one"
>ponder
You ponder.
Lyticanite says, "try to vert him"
Lyticanite says, "biggest vert ever. if he collapes, use lb"
Lyticanite says, "and after lb, spit with DB"
Galren says, "Give this one a cookie"
Lyticanite says, "if he dodges, then you're just outta luck"
Lyticanite grins.
>harness 20

You get an owl talisman from inside your swordsman's cloak.
>summ fam

A black leopard turns away, looks back over its shoulder once, and then wanders off.
>summ fam

You hold your talisman tightly and concentrate on summoning your owl.

A violet-eyed silvery-grey owl swoops in, flying directly at you with spread talons. Only after narrowly avoiding your face, the bird lands nearby and blinks warily at you.
You gesture at Galren.
You manage to channel most of your energy into the spell.
Your spell backfires.
Galren says, "I'll even make it easier"
Galren takes a seat.
Galren yawns expansively.
>health

Your body feels beat up.
Your spirit feels very weak.
You have no significant injuries.

Galren snores.
>look
Just beyond the iron fence that runs along the path to the southeast, you hear something moving about in the underbrush. Faint pinpoints of light fade in and out of the trees and you would swear the temperature just dropped. The outline of a square structure lies to the south, while a faint trail heads northwest through low-hanging trees. You also see a violet-eyed silvery-grey owl and an imposing marble crypt.
Also here: Shoplifter Lyticanite, Yajo, Mercenary Galren who is lying down
>prep ala
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Aether Lash spell.
Lyticanite says, "target longer"
>target
Lyticanite says, "since he's jus' layin' there"
Lyticanite says, "fully targetted, big lb"
You notice as a violet-eyed silvery-grey owl studies the ground intently.
R>"My spirit is wretched from death, I've not the concentration for large spells.
You say, "My spirit is wretched from death, I've not the concentration for large spells."
Galren whispers, "You're options are a huge, full prep vertigo or frostbite, start eating my fatigue to whittle down my evasion"
Lyticanite ponders.
Yajo ponders.
Yajo nods.
You sense that the exertions of your mind are altering the course of local aethereal streams.
>prep frb 10
Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Frostbite spell.
>"It's going to get cold.
You say, "It's going to get cold."
>harness 10
Lyticanite chuckles.
You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
R>harness 10
You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and add it to the moderate amount already streaming around you.
Lyticanite appears to be concentrating intently on something.
Yajo just went south.
R>harness 10
You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and add it to the generous amount already streaming around you.
Lyticanite says, "i'm good"
R>harness 10
You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and add it to the large amount already streaming around you.
Lyticanite says, "should be, at least."
>harness 10
You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and add it to the great amount already streaming around you.
Xibar sets, slowly dropping below the horizon.
R>path foc ease
You are already manipulating an aether pathway to your benefit.

>cast
You gesture.
Ice crystals begin to form in the air.
Yajo gasps in shock as his body is coated with thick frost!
Yajo collapses to the ground!
Roundtime: 2 seconds
Lyticanite's ethereal shield crackles with energy!
Your water-based spell was completely vaporized.
Lyticanite's Mantle of Flame flares outward in a roaring hiss of steam!
Your ethereal shield crackles with energy!
Galren shakes off the effects of the cold.
Yajo snorts, loudly.
Galren grins.
Lyticanite chuckles.
Yajo says, "Timing is everything"
Galren says, "Seems we've reached an impasse. You're not yet strong enough for my training."
Galren sits up.
You notice a violet-eyed silvery-grey owl stare at Yajo for a moment.
Galren says, "Im not sure if you're using all the tools at your disposal"
Yajo leaps to his feet!
Galren says, "But frankly I expected a bit more."
>"I'm unable to put as much into it as I'd like.
You say, "I'm unable to put as much into it as I'd like."
>growl redeth
You growl low in the back of your throat.
Galren says, "Then lets go where you can"
Galren stands up.
>sit
You sit down.
s>"It's not the area.
You say, "It's not the area."
Lyticanite says, "i'd give it a try, but i don't think i'd have much more luck"
s>dance
You leap to your feet!
Your concentration slips for a moment, and your spell is lost.
Lyticanite seems to be concentrating intently on something.
>ponder
You ponder.
>prep es 2
Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Ethereal Shield spell.
Lyticanite seems to be concentrating intently on something.
>cast
You gesture.
The shield already protecting you shimmers slightly.
>prep mof
Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Mantle of Flame spell.
>cast
You gesture.
Reaching out to where you sense your Ethereal Shield lies, you firmly grasp the power of your spell and weave it into the shield's matrix.
You are surrounded by a mantle of crackling, reddish-gold flames!
>prep voi
Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Veil of Ice spell.
Lyticanite gestures.
A crackling mantle of blazing reddish-gold flames surrounds Lyticanite!
Yajo bows to Galren.
Lyticanite says, "thoughts a sec"
>cast
You gesture.
A veil of ice forms around you.
>prep shock
Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Shockwave spell.
>asses
You assess your combat situation...

You (slightly off balance) are facing Galren at melee range.
Galren (solidly balanced) is facing you at melee range.
>adv gal
You are already at melee with Galren.
Galren nods.
>harness 10
You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
R>harness 10
You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and add it to the moderate amount already streaming around you.
You notice as a violet-eyed silvery-grey owl turns its head slowly around.
Yajo just went south.
R>harness 10
You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and add it to the generous amount already streaming around you.
R>harness 10
You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and add it to the large amount already streaming around you.
>path foc damage
>path stop
You gently relax your mind and release your hold on the aethereal pathways.
>path foc damage
You lack the necessary resolve to control the Focus Pathway of Damage.
>cast
You gesture.
Your silvery-grey owl seems to make your Shockwave spell less straining.
Harnessing the winds to your will, you throw your hand up and a gale explodes outward! Your Veil of Ice and Mantle of Flame are blown apart by the fierce winds, sending a shower of razor-sharp ice shards and bolts of brightly burning fire hurtling through the air in all directions!

Galren is hit by a roiling wall of fire and ice but somehow miraculously avoids being affected!
Galren grins.
Galren says, "The spell just wasn't strong enough to wound me"
Galren says, "Bonus points for the hit though"
>cast gal
You gesture at Galren.
You manage to channel most of your energy into the spell. The rest is wasted.
Your spell backfires slightly.
You notice as a violet-eyed silvery-grey owl studies the ground intently.
>snarl
You snarl.
>grap gal
You reach out toward Galren but are unable to make contact.
[You're very weak, solidly balanced with no advantage.]
Roundtime: 4 sec.
Lyticanite chuckles.
>prep ip 10
Tiny tendrils of lightning jolt between your hands as you prepare the Ice Patch spell.
>harness 10
R>harness 10
R>harness 10
R>harness 10
>harness 10
You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and add it to the great amount already streaming around you.
Lyticanite gestures.
Lyticanite's ethereal shield shimmers slightly.
>path foc ease
You focus on manipulating an aethereal pathway to allow energy to flow more efficiently in your spell matrices.
>cast gal
You gesture at Galren.
A sheet of slippery ice forms beneath Galren!
Galren barely manages to stay on his feet.
Roundtime: 4 seconds.
Lyticanite asks, "capped?"
>nod
You nod.
Lyticanite nods.
>wield ilt
You draw out your dueling iltesh from the weapon harness.
>draw gal
< Moving in with powerful grace, you step backward and then jab at Galren. Galren evades.
[You're very weak, off balance with opponent in better position.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
Galren chuckles.
Galren says, "Tenacity is a good quality I suppose"
Galren asks, "Using those pathways? Any constellation jewelery?"
Lyticanite says, "yeah, that's what i was just thinking...maybe with some cjs..."
Lyticanite chuckles.
>"Moon magic.
You say, "Moon magic."
>snort
You snort, loudly.
You notice as a violet-eyed silvery-grey owl blinks slowly.
Lyticanite says, "not moon magic when it helps a warmage."
Lyticanite shrugs.
Lyticanite says, "well, guess it is still kinda, but so is CV and that spell is awesome"
You gesture at Galren.
You are unable to keep some of the mana from leaking out of the spell pattern.
Your silvery-grey owl seems to make your Vertigo spell less straining.
You meticulously alter the air flow and pressure around Galren's head.
Galren pales for a brief moment but fights off your spell.
>growl
You growl ferociously!
Unable to hold up under the terrible strain any longer, your mind lets the complex web of manipulations collapse, allowing the aether to fall back into its natural channels.
Lyticanite says, "maybe if he lays down ... and you use barage."
Galren grins.
Galren falls over.
Lyticanite says, "with like"
Lyticanite says, "a massive GZ"
Lyticanite says, "or lb, if it works with it"

MORE FIGHTING KEPT MISSING
Lyticanite asks, "fully targeted?"
>nod
You nod.
Lyticanite chuckles.
Lyticanite shifts her weight.
>"Stand. You've made your point.
You say, "Stand. You've made your point."
>ret
Galren stands up.
>ret
You retreat from combat.
Galren dusts himself off.
Lyticanite grins at Galren.
Lyticanite says, "that was pretty impressive"
Lyticanite nods to Galren.
Galren says, "Heh, things get scary when I dance."
Galren says, "But thank you."
You notice as a violet-eyed silvery-grey owl blinks slowly.
>"I will be better.
You say, "I will be better."
Galren says to you, " You need more work before I can even begin to train you."
Galren says to you, "Sorry kiddo."
Galren says, "Good day ladies."
Galren nods politely.

Red'

Re: Master wanted (LONG LOG!) I'm wretched at editing. 06/26/2008 06:32 AM CDT
<<Most often people say this in regards to the players scrolling in the dirt in odd places--like up in the boughs of a tree, on cobblestones or other hardpacked surfaces (ie, the marble floors of a bank lobby), or neck-deep in a puddle of water.>>

you can use blades to roughly scratch words into bark, stones can scrape words into cobblestones, laser-scribes can work their way through marble, and if you move a finger through water really really really fast - then browbeat the person for not being able to tell what you're trying to write - you can spell out words in water...duuuuh.

Prev_page Previous 1