Prev_page Previous 1
Caelumia 06/17/2007 08:09 AM CDT
I would like to address a rumor that you seem to be spreading that the Commanders of Ilithi have been rude to visitors.

Although you claim being part of Ilithi for 20 years or so, I consider you a Zolurenite. I'm certainly not alone in this. Paying taxes alone doesn't make you part of the great southern province.

I would encourage you to provide specific examples or stop the rumors. Our Ilithian Commanders are respectful people.

Doctor Kerrian Runegazer
Re: Caelumia 06/17/2007 11:16 AM CDT
I'm not Caelumia and really don't appreciate her spreading rumors but...the last time I checked Xand was provided with specific examples and said it wouldn't happen again.

If you're just wondering OOC'ly, yes there was some basis.

I am --- Navak
Re: Caelumia 06/17/2007 12:03 PM CDT
It's always easier to marginalize someone's opinion when you start to claim that they're not a "local".

Syralon
Nerevar says, "Are Nadrim's memories intact?"
Dornal gazes intently at Nadrim's corpse.
Dornal says to Nerevar, "No, they are not."
Dornal begins a cheerful ditty on his copperleaf kithara.
Re: Caelumia 06/17/2007 12:29 PM CDT
>It's always easier to marginalize someone's opinion when you start to claim that they're not a "local".

The only reason I brought up Caelumia's "locale" is because she has made a point to profess that she is an Ilithi citizen. Technically? Yes. As a matter of living day in and day out? No.

It is good that Xand was part of the conversation. I trust him implicitly and, if he deems all is alright, I'll assume it is.

Doctor Kerrian Runegazer
Notable of Ilithi
Re: Caelumia 06/17/2007 12:38 PM CDT
>The only reason I brought up Caelumia's "locale" is because she has made a point to profess that she is an Ilithi citizen. Technically? Yes. As a matter of living day in and day out? No.

Being there at the time, I can only say that it was brought up because immediately after we both arrived, we were told (twice) that "Zoluren people should go home." At that point, I think we may have said hello.

I am clearly not a citizen of Ilithi, but I visit the area often and was on an errand for a project for the Princess, which I took Caelumia along, to get her opinion on something unrelated but on the way to my errand. Unfortunately, perhaps, our visit collided with Alrina's. She seemed to have riled people up before we got there.

After being told that "Zoluren" should go home, this is when Caelumia let the party who kept insisting this that she (Caelumia) was in fact a citizen of Ilithi.

As far as Xand being involved, he was up in Zoluren speaking with Court Advisor Paschein about the incident. As far as I know it has been resolved, as he said it would not happen again. I'm glad of this, I was afraid Lady Dalterian would take offense at Alrina's treatment and we would have a diplomatic incident on our hands.

Ysselt
Re: Caelumia 06/17/2007 04:57 PM CDT
<<Being there at the time, I can only say that it was brought up because immediately after we both arrived, we were told (twice) that "Zoluren people should go home." At that point, I think we may have said hello.

I was there when this happened and thats pretty much how it happened. I didn't understand the instant hostility towards them.

Drevid

Venic smiles as he sticks his copper bead in one nostril, covers the other one, and exhales forcefully, shooting the bead directly at Drevid!
Re: Caelumia 06/17/2007 05:38 PM CDT
>It seemed to me, and I am just going to assume so, that certain people saw her down there and were looking to cause trouble or pick a fight with her.

To paraphrase Syr: Winner!

I would suspect it to be a combo of people 'knowing her' and her not being part of the 'omg in' crowd in Illithi.
Re: Caelumia 06/17/2007 05:40 PM CDT
Ahh I think I misunderstood what you were saying in your earlier post. I think I see now.

Drevid

Venic smiles as he sticks his copper bead in one nostril, covers the other one, and exhales forcefully, shooting the bead directly at Drevid!
Re: Caelumia 06/17/2007 06:18 PM CDT
"Rumors," for the curious, are, "We traveled to Shard (Lady-in-waiting Ysselt and I) and were verbally accosted and treated extremely rudely without any provocation whatsoever by multiple citizens of Ilithi as well as one Commander." This does not even go into the sort of behavior Maiden Alrina was subjected to, which was much worse - even from the Commander, who should know better.

It was not the behavior I was subjected to that was the cause for such alarm (indeed, I'm quite used to it, so I wonder why any of this is directed at me), it was the behavior that Maiden Alrina (the companion of Lady Dalterein, who is a Zoluren noble and cousin to Edenlaen) suffered as well as the harsh words directed at Lady-in-waiting Ysselt (who frankly has never done a cruel thing in her life, a wonder she even enjoys my company) that caused this "incident" to take place.

Fortunately, the incident was dealt with thanks to Xand, and yes, specific examples of both Garfaldo and Renala's as well as Leucius' inappropriate behavior and statements were provided by multiple third-party witnesses - not just Ysselt and I. That the incident is dealt with officially (or will be once the Prince weighs in on it) doesn't mean I will restrict my speech when I am among friends, particularly when they ask me about it. And truly, they are all I have spoken to. I cannot help what friends do with what I tell them.

Regardless of whether or not you consider me a "true" citizen of Ilithi, I have called the place home for years, I served in the Ilithi militia for years, I have always been loyal to Ilithi (unlike some calling themselves citizens these days) and frankly behavior like this is what prompts me to leave every single time I try to come home and neglect to take my gweths off or stay out of sight so I am not harassed on sight for daring to step foot in my homeland.

It is a very sad day when I travel north out of Ilithi with the taste of Ratha in my mouth.
Re: Caelumia 06/17/2007 07:58 PM CDT
>It is a very sad day when I travel north out of Ilithi with the taste of Ratha in my mouth.

You can put the "equating Shard to Ratha" vitriol to rest, Caelumia.

I will say that I am very disheartened that you, or anyone for that matter, were treated in such a way that they feel Ilithi isn't a place they might ever care to go back to. Fortunately, for those involved, it seems to have been taken care of.

Doctor Kerrian Runegazer
Notable of Ilithi
Re: Caelumia 06/17/2007 09:53 PM CDT
Could it be that perhaps some specific people are just not welcome in a certain area?
Re: Caelumia 06/17/2007 10:02 PM CDT
Like Xelten and Elanthia?

I am --- Navak
Re: Caelumia 06/17/2007 10:40 PM CDT
>>Like Xelten and Elanthia?

Xelten does just fine where he is. If he's supposed to feel otherwise, people should try a little harder.
Re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 09:11 AM CDT
Perhaps where there are less numbers the few are more recognized for better or for worse.

~ Leissl and $0.02

'When someone pushes your buttons, you're acknowledging what you have disowned.' -Dr. John Martini
Re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 10:13 AM CDT
>>You can put the "equating Shard to Ratha" vitriol to rest, Caelumia.

>>I would like to address a rumor that you seem to be spreading that the Commanders of Ilithi have been rude to visitors.

>>Although you claim being part of Ilithi for 20 years or so, I consider you a Zolurenite. I'm certainly not alone in this. Paying taxes alone doesn't make you part of the great southern province.

>>I would encourage you to provide specific examples or stop the rumors. Our Ilithian Commanders are respectful people.

Sounded very Rathan to me actually. They ALWAYS assume the worst of anybody they don't consider "local" even if it is one of their own causing the trouble. I suspect an apology to Cael is in order for that finger pointing you did.

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 10:56 AM CDT
>I suspect an apology to Cael is in order for that finger pointing you did.

I made it clear that I felt badly that she and anyone else was treated poorly to the extent they don't feel welcome in Ilithi.

Don't you find it more than a bit ironic that everyone who thinks that people shouldn't be so disparaging toward others are quicker than lightning to lambast the entire city of Ratha?

Doctor Kerrian Runegazer
Notable of Ilithi
Re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 11:04 AM CDT
>>I made it clear that I felt badly that she and anyone else was treated poorly to the extent they don't feel welcome in Ilithi.

Feeling badly that she was mistreated and apologizing for blatantly calling her out as if she had done something wrong are two totally different things.

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
-Ssra
Re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 11:07 AM CDT
I called her out to provide details. She did so. I'm not going to apologize for asking someone to explain themselves.

She more than adequately did so. She has not posted anymore, I suggest you follow her lead.

Doctor Kerrian Runegazer
Notable of Ilithi
Re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 11:17 AM CDT
You did not ask for details you told her to stop her behavior. If YOUR behavior is representative of the rest of the population there then it makes things even more clear. I respect people that are able to apologize for their indescretions, you apparently are not one of those people. I am opting not to follow your suggestion as you are not worthy of my respect dear notable of Ilithi.

In the future when you want details about an incident you may want to try and take a neutral approach rather than warning someone that their behavior is unwarranted and needs to stop.

~Arwinia

-Ssra
Re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 11:49 AM CDT
Well Cael has a poor rep and the only one to blame for that is well herself. There are always repercussions for actions even when people do not always wish to own up to them.

While Ysselt and Alrina do deserve an apology in my opinion, and Alrina received one that night when she encountered Aleyden. Using 3 people as a clear representation for the whole of Ilithi is probably poor judgment.

Cael's rep as a troublemaker is pretty well known, the fact she's killed people in crossings numerous times is well noted among most people. The fact she seeks our a known sorcerer often and keeps company with one doesn't look well upon her. To be honest she is a ilithi citizien because she pays taxes, yet whens he spends her time causing trouble in Zoluren. Who exactly would claim her or even respect anything she says given her background?

Anyways just my thoughts on the situation, can't expect people to be joyous at your arrival when you are widely known for other things, rather than the few good things you do.
"So like I said, don't take it personally. All cultures have their share of fools. It's just that we always felt yours had a lot more than ours."
~~Warrior Mage Guild Leader Senfrislor, The Prydaen in Their Own Words~~
Re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 12:03 PM CDT
Whether or not you like her history or what your opinions are of her if you are wrong in accusing someone you are still wrong and you should likewise be able to own up to it and apologize. Cael's history is not what's in debate here, the issue is someone heard that she had said something negative about some people in Ilithi and without finding out the justification told her to knock it off, at least until they found out the Zoluren court was involved, then they had no problem backing down. Unfortunately they still aren't adult enough to give her the apology she deserves. Maybe, just MAYBE, some folks should take the opportunity to get to know people before basing their judgements off of rumors.

~Arwinia

-Ssra
Re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 12:21 PM CDT
>Maybe, just MAYBE, some folks should take the opportunity to get to know people before basing their judgements off of rumors.

::laughs:: You think I don't know Caelumia? I do, Arwinia. Step away from the dais, dear, you know not of what you speak.

Doctor Kerrian Runegazer
Notable of Ilithi
re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 12:23 PM CDT
And I noticed you conveniently didn't mention my assertion that you and other people will judge Ratha up one side and down the other but are holier-than-thou when you think someone might have been judged. Hypocrite.

Doctor Kerrian Runegazer
Notable of Ilithi
re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 12:44 PM CDT
>>And I noticed you conveniently didn't mention my assertion that you and other people will judge Ratha up one side and down the other but are holier-than-thou when you think someone might have been judged. Hypocrite.

I give Ratha constant opportunities to prove otherwise and see this type of behavior from them on a weekly basis. Keep calling names and acting like a child dear. Soon are you going to threaten to take your ball and go home? Man, you must have a fragile ego if you can't even admit you were wrong to someone you "know".

~Arwinia

-Ssra
re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 12:48 PM CDT
Was there a specific reason you needed to "take up a cause" here when Caelumia had already said her piece?

Fragile ego? Hardly...but I certainly seem to notice a rather large one in you.

Caelumia has my apology for having made assumptions based on prior behavior.

Doctor Kerrian Runegazer
Notable of Ilithi
re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 12:54 PM CDT
Now was that so hard? You can even have a cookie

~Arwinia

-Ssra
re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 01:01 PM CDT
>You can even have a cookie

Make it windhaze and you're on.

Doctor Kerrian Runegazer
Notable of Ilithi
re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 01:02 PM CDT
I really do not like getting my hands dirty but Caelumia admitted herself during the Rose Competition in Shard that she is well known to be pushy and opinionated. I suppose I could find someone who could quote her if I had to. Hopefully it will not lead to that.

Based on her own confessions, I'd say she is well aware of her reputation.

~ Leissl and $0.02

'When someone pushes your buttons, you're acknowledging what you have disowned.' -Dr. John Martini
re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 01:06 PM CDT
>>I really do not like getting my hands dirty but Caelumia admitted herself during the Rose Competition in Shard that she is well known to be pushy and opinionated. I suppose I could find someone who could quote her if I had to. Hopefully it will not lead to that.

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand, if you really want to discuss the interesting events at the Rose Competition then we would have to also discuss how a certain local attempted to buy off the contestants because he didn't feel his wife could win of her own accord.

>>Make it windhaze and you're on.

Deal

~Arwinia

-Ssra
re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 01:11 PM CDT
>>This has nothing to do with the topic at hand

You are entitled to feel that way.

>>if you really want to discuss the interesting events at the Rose Competition then we would have to also discuss how a certain local attempted to buy off the contestants because he didn't feel his wife could win of her own accord.

I am just glad to see your hands are deeper into the dirt than I.

::Takes a rather large step away from the splashing mud::

~ Leissl and $0.02

re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 01:42 PM CDT
Let me just add that I haven't seen rudeness like what has been mentioned in Shard, other than by a few individuals who tend to be rude to almost everyone. Flavius essentially moved to Shard a while back and has been warmly received by most. Flavius has experienced far more rudeness in the Clerics guild in the Crossing than any he has seen in Shard.

"militantly enforcing the overly rigid standards of you and your small collection of friends"
re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 04:42 PM CDT
>>if you really want to discuss the interesting events at the Rose Competition then we would have to also discuss how a certain local attempted to buy off the contestants because he didn't feel his wife could win of her own accord.

That's incorrect (and if it were correct, it would be OOC, but I wouldn't expect you to actually know what you're talking about), but it is good to hear you prove that the person was actually spreading some lies even if they were not lying about mistreatment.
re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 04:48 PM CDT
Don't assume you know my sources or how I found out

~Arwinia

-Ssra
Re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 06:24 PM CDT
I find it rather funny that this went from an incident discussed more or less privately within a group of friends to being blown up and publicly discussed and propagated by the very group of people that were attempting to deny what happened and keep it hush-hush.

The blessings of Fate are fickle.

Rather than needlessly address the points of someone who claims to "know" me but has never in my recollection actually met or spoken with me, I'll address the Commander, whose points are actually worth my time to discuss.

>> Using 3 people as a clear representation for the whole of Ilithi is probably poor judgment.

And at no time was this done. I do not come to these conclusions lightly. They are the result of years of observation, and not only regarding how I was treated, but how I have seen others treated as well.

>> Cael's rep as a troublemaker is pretty well known, the fact she's killed people in crossings numerous times is well noted among most people.

I am hardly the only person that has committed murder that takes up residence in Ilithi. I would go so far as to say that most people even in the militia have committed this crime at some point in their lives. Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones, if you ask me.

>> The fact she seeks our a known sorcerer often and keeps company with one doesn't look well upon her.

A minor correction here; I did not seek out, I was sought out. I am hardly the only citizen of Ilithi to have cordial discussions with the man I'm sure you're referring to either; Indeed there are militia members and aspiring members of the Court that do the same, yet I am the one singled out for such a 'vile' association.

I'll also point out that since people - not just me - have been engaging in polite and cordial discussions with the Scion there have been no further attacks from him or his fellows on the people of Zoluren or Ilithi. Surely you of all people, Commander, would wish to see a problem resolved without violence and bloodshed whenever possible. The last thing Ilithi needs is more of it.

We'll not go into naming the known sorcerers that the militia has and does associate with or has welcomed into their ranks. Yet as you would not be held accountable for the actions of these other people or their misdoings, you should extend others the same courtesy.

I will state it here as a matter of public record for any who may be unclear: I do not practice sorcery. I actively work to educate people about the dangers of sorcery and the harm it has caused and continues to cause. I can say and do no else. I let my actions, rather than the hearsay and rumors other people circulate, speak for me in this case.

>> To be honest she is a ilithi citizien because she pays taxes, yet whens he spends her time causing trouble in Zoluren.

I am an Ilithi citizen because I am Elven, I am of the Mountain, and Ilithi is where my mother came from. I am an Ilithi citizen because I have served Ilithi for several decades in whatever capacity I was able to. Again, more than I can say for some of those wielding black-bannered vendettas against me.

I still have the pin that was given to me for being a member of the Melyo'i Ilithi and I carry it with me at all times as a reminder. I still recall quite clearly the vows I made to protect and serve Ilithi, its people, the Three, and the Ferdahl. I renewed those vows to Ferdahl Aemmin in person and in front of quite a few of you.

But unsubstantiated rumors and hearsay are often a more powerful force for change and public opinion than a person's actual actions, I suppose.

>> Who exactly would claim her or even respect anything she says given her background?

Many. While I won't (and can't) deny possessing a certain abrasive quality in my personality, I am usually possessing a good (albeit dry) humor and I am usually more than happy to discuss and pass along knowledge that may be useful to other people.

But this counts for nothing I see, since after all...

>> Anyways just my thoughts on the situation, can't expect people to be joyous at your arrival when you are widely known for other things, rather than the few good things you do.

Certainly, but keep in mind that you will not always be able to fall back on "but she's Caelumia!" as an excuse for nasty behavior when I have done nothing to any of you to warrant it.

And while I am loyal as always to the Queen, the Ferdahl, and Ilithi as a whole, my loyalty to its people is waning, precisely because of nastiness and empty justification offered by people who do not know me and often times have never even met me or exchanged more than one or two words with me, but insist I am some kind of villain in utter absence of proof to support such a claim.

Perhaps some of you should try rectifying some of that before casting stones at a person you don't know.
re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 10:07 PM CDT
Greetings I do hope this finds you all well.

I've been disturbed to be witness to all that has occured in these letters. I've addressed the issue with the Court Advisor of Zoluren, twice now infact.

Lets draw a curtian upon all this. Ilithians, I see no more need to continue here on this topic, I hope that you feel the same. If you feel this is something that you wish to discuss, please feel free to visit with me directly.

Regards,
Xand Duchet
Miltiary Liaison
In service to the Ferdahl
re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 11:09 PM CDT
Lennede was very helpful and welcoming when I ran into her on my trip to Shard. Not sure if she holds an official position, but I sure left with a good feeling about the community. Ysselt is seriously one of the nicest people in the realms, hate to hear she caught any static down there.

I can never tell if Cael wants to turn me into soup or not. So far no soup.

~Purehand
re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 11:26 PM CDT
Lennede is a lovely woman, yes, and a fine example of what I believe an Ilithi citizen should be.

I agree that it is best to simply drop the whole matter and move on. Hopefully with a bit more tact and mutual respect than has been displayed in the past.

And Purehand, you're much more adorable when parts of you haven't been liquified.
re: Caelumia 06/18/2007 11:36 PM CDT
Woohoo!

~Purehand
re: Caelumia 06/19/2007 06:00 AM CDT
I myself was thankful when Caelumia informed me of this incident, as it gave me a chance to inform and warn others so they would be aware of the situation and not caught off guard and surprised if they were to hear about it later from other sources.

Having known Caelumia for years, and personally made the effort to get to know her through actual dialogue and discussion at length, I am constantly astounded at the exaggerated and mean spirited reports of her from others. While I do acknowledge her incredibly short temper when dealing with foolish people and a bit of a prediliction for being pessimistic, I have never known her to be anything but completely honest, intellectual and always willing to repay a favor.

Personally I am often far more distressed to hear about the behavior of my fellow Ilithians towards others than some of the accusations brought against Caelumia, many of which I know to be untrue.

The fact is that this is not an isolated incident, it is merely the latest, and one of the more notable.

~ Celestian Kougen Aensworth, Advisor of Ilithi

"Live every day as though you will die tommorow. Learn every day as though you will live forever." - Mahatma Ghandi
re: Caelumia 06/19/2007 08:21 AM CDT
I <3 Cael

- Galren, MIA for a while, Moonskin
Prev_page Previous 1