Prev_page Previous 1
Huh? 07/17/2009 05:41 PM CDT
Xing Reg

1 Quarel Veryan Elf
2 Calgakus Armaghh Human
3 Falkonis Falkins Elf
4 Fengreve Fandollo Elf

Why in the world is there a GM on the register?

Falker
Re: Huh? 07/17/2009 06:05 PM CDT
>Why in the world is there a GM on the register?

I think the better question is why did he give himself so much survivals? Hide/Stalk I could see, but jeez, swim, climb, etc too? :/
Re: Huh? 07/17/2009 06:11 PM CDT
pwnt
Re: Huh? 07/17/2009 06:29 PM CDT
>>I think the better question is why did he give himself so much survivals? Hide/Stalk I could see, but jeez, swim, climb, etc too? :/

Maybe he just likes to be able to get around.

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please reinstall Universe and reboot. +++
Re: Huh? 07/18/2009 12:02 AM CDT
>I think the better question is why did he give himself so much survivals? Hide/Stalk I could see, but jeez, swim, climb, etc too? :/

Maybe he had more than 9000 in hiding.
Re: Huh? 07/18/2009 03:17 AM CDT
Hiding isnt counted on that Reg.

Falker
Re: Huh? 07/18/2009 06:17 AM CDT
lol

Nikpack
player of more than I should list

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: Huh? 07/18/2009 09:06 AM CDT
Maybe he was testing something that needed swimming that was mentioned at the con?

-pete
Re: Huh? 07/18/2009 01:29 PM CDT
>Hiding isnt counted on that Reg.

This. If he has 9000 hiding he needs to go tap Aesry.
Re: Huh? 07/18/2009 03:59 PM CDT
Well, also, if he has 9000 of anything, he has broke DR, because the cap is supposed to be 2000.

I'm thinking Kalika should smite him though, because I dont recall Quarel being a ranger, nor do I think he actually earned those ranks, lol.

Falker
Re: Huh? 07/18/2009 07:00 PM CDT
Pretty sure hiding counts on the reg.

Fimusalor rancidly says in Prydaenese, "Then I will eat her heart and deficate in her skull."

Fimusalor claws slowly clench and unclench, creating a scraping sound.
Re: Huh? 07/18/2009 10:06 PM CDT
<<<Pretty sure hiding counts on the reg.>>>

I always thought Crossing register was evasion, climbing, disarm, swimming, first aid, escaping and primary magic. There has been some mixed thoughts about skinning being/not being counted on Crossing as well.

Aesry is hiding, stalking, perception and scouting.

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Re: Huh? 07/18/2009 11:21 PM CDT
It's fixed.

He doesn't have enough swimming for the Selgotha, anyways :-P.

GameMaster Audacia

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Re: Huh? 07/18/2009 11:45 PM CDT
<<<He doesn't have enough swimming for the Selgotha, anyways :-P.>>>

Yikes! I think I am scared that we doesn't. I would think GMs would have a lot more then us. Is this comment a teaser though? I know swimming the Selgotha is "soon" but are you saying that its near as opposed to "Simu-soon", or am I get a little ahead of myself.

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Re: Huh? 07/18/2009 11:55 PM CDT
>Well, also, if he has 9000 of anything, he has broke DR, because the cap is supposed to be 2000.

Whoosh.
Re: Huh? 07/19/2009 04:11 AM CDT
<<Pretty sure hiding counts on the reg.

Hiding does not count on the Xing reg. Only Asery.

Falker
Re: Huh? 07/19/2009 12:02 PM CDT
>Yikes! I think I am scared that we doesn't. I would think GMs would have a lot more then us. Is this comment a teaser though? I know swimming the Selgotha is "soon" but are you saying that its near as opposed to "Simu-soon", or am I get a little ahead of myself.

We are still on track for a late-summer release.

It's not an easy swim, nor should it be. But it's doable :-)

GameMaster Audacia

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Re: Huh? 07/19/2009 12:52 PM CDT
>It's not an easy swim, nor should it be. But it's doable :-)

I'm really loving the sound of this. Yum. =)
Re: Huh? 07/19/2009 03:07 PM CDT
<<We are still on track for a late-summer release.

I already have the next swimming project ready for you, so get a move on! (Making the water between Mriss and Merkresh swim-able so we dont have to take the Galley.) :-D

Falker
Re: Huh? 07/19/2009 04:17 PM CDT
>It's not an easy swim, nor should it be. But it's doable :-)

Any chance of a ballpark estimate, so we have a goal to work towards?
Re: Huh? 07/19/2009 05:24 PM CDT
<We are still on track for a late-summer release.

<It's not an easy swim, nor should it be. But it's doable :-)

<GameMaster Audacia

So by the end of september we'll be able to swim the segoltha!!! sweet... and we will be able to sue if it's not ready by then! cuz Audi said it would be!!!!

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Re: Huh? 07/19/2009 10:28 PM CDT
The last guestimate seemed to indicate high 200's to mid 300's from what I semi-recall based on the comparison made at the time. But now I wonder.
Re: Huh? 07/19/2009 10:58 PM CDT
Currently it's set a hair higher than I had originally hinted at, but we aren't through QC yet, so it's subject to change.

It will teach WAY higher than I hinted at.

GameMaster Audacia

Re: Huh? 07/20/2009 12:45 AM CDT
>>It will teach WAY higher than I hinted at.

Was your original hint about how high it would teach or how hard it is to make it across? Because I'll be a sad panda if it's too terribly difficult =[
Re: Huh? 07/20/2009 01:35 AM CDT
I'm assuming it will teach to 80+0 based on that last hint.

I now need a mainland critter somewhere nearby this new swimming hole that teaches from 700 to 1k+.

Also, can you make some matching climbables to go with the swimmables?

Thank you. <3
Re: Huh? 07/20/2009 06:50 AM CDT
>Because I'll be a sad panda if it's too terribly difficult =[

This.

I'll be happy if I can make it with 200ish swimming + CAIS. Seems a little out of whack otherwise.

-pete
Re: Huh? 07/20/2009 07:41 AM CDT
I figured 225-250 would be reasonable. Then teach to infinity and beyond. nod
Re: Huh? 07/20/2009 09:49 AM CDT
> I'll be happy if I can make it with 200ish swimming + CAIS.

We need more reasons to have high swimming, and by "high" I mean expert+. It would be nice to have benefits to at least 1/3 to 1/2 of the skill cap (~700 to 1000 ranks) . Swimming is one of those skills that has a very soft and wide "benefits" range for each obstacle, because you can continue to work down roundtimes for quite a wide skill range. My hope is that with ~300 effective swimming you will still be far better off time wise taking the ferry and with 300 more or so ranks to work the time down to a minimum the Segoltha swim will be a nice perk for those that really push swimming.

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Tolle says, "Yup yup, 'bout time. What the heck took you so long?"
Re: Huh? 07/20/2009 11:29 AM CDT
>We need more reasons to have high swimming, and by "high" I mean expert+.

I think creating difficult swims and having a bypass in a primarily newbie area should be two separate things.

If there were a swim with 400-500 minimum difficulty between Therengia and P5, that would make sense. If there were a tough hunting area accessible from the bypass that required 300-400 swimming to get to, that would make sense. Having a tougher swim to get to Raven's Point would make sense.

But having the swim across the selgotha be the "next great" swimming barrier seems counter to the population of the region to me.

Put the base higher than the faldesu, but within range that someone who hunts around the Crossing area can do it if they are really pushing swimming.

-pete
Re: Huh? 07/20/2009 11:48 AM CDT
>>Pete's post

Seconded!
Re: Huh? 07/20/2009 01:01 PM CDT
>If there were a swim with 400-500 minimum difficulty between Therengia and P5, that would make sense.

That would be great. It would really tie p5 to p1-3 better and encourage more people to visit and/or move there.
Re: Huh? 07/20/2009 04:27 PM CDT
Are you sure it would be a swim and not a climb? Those are some nice big mountains aren't they? =)
Re: Huh? 07/20/2009 04:35 PM CDT
>>Are you sure it would be a swim and not a climb? Those are some nice big mountains aren't they? =)

Actually, [I think?] there's a river and some mountains >.>
Re: Huh? 07/20/2009 04:36 PM CDT
<<I'll be happy if I can make it with 200ish swimming + CAIS. Seems a little out of whack otherwise.

What? How do you figure? The water is deep enough for ships to pass through. Not to mention its not like we could swim it before anyway. It should totally be harder than 200ish swimming. There needs to be higher level swimming anyway, or else whats the point in having higher swimming?

Thats like saying climbing past the gondola should only take 200 climbing and a SPC. No thank you.

It should take a minimum of 400 + Cais IMO.

Falker
Re: Huh? 07/20/2009 04:37 PM CDT
I like to envision a Mountain lake that requires crossing... also I'm happy with 3-400 needed for crossing the segoltha

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Re: Huh? 07/20/2009 04:49 PM CDT
Says everyone who has 600 swimming anyway. The Faldesu is big and deep enough for ships to cross that doesn't even barely take 150 to swim. So that argument is null.
Re: Huh? 07/20/2009 05:36 PM CDT
>Says everyone who has 600 swimming anyway.

If that was the issue, we'd be asking for it to require 600 at a minimum. In fact.. =)
Re: Huh? 07/20/2009 05:47 PM CDT
>>If that was the issue, we'd be asking for it to require 600 at a minimum. In fact.. =)

You get my point. =\
Re: Huh? 07/20/2009 05:52 PM CDT
<<Says everyone who has 600 swimming anyway.

I'm going to refrain from pointing out the hypocrisy here, being that everyone else that thinks it should be lower, has lower swimming.

Lets just keep making more swim-able areas, but lets always make them only take 200 swimming. Thats a great idea. So instead of fixing a skill that already has a horrible reputation for needing to travel far away just to train it at certain levels, as well as doesnt have enough places to train it, as well as doesnt have hardly any higher level places to train it, we will just keep making new places that doesnt help do anything for moving up the ladder, nor does it give anyone something to work toward.

Seriously, get off it. If you dont have the swimming, you can do what people have being doing for the past 12+ years and take the ferry. The people that have been asking for the seg river to be swim-able have been asking for probably longer than you've been around, and they probably have those higher levels of swimming.

The excuse that The Crossings is a newb area, is a very poor arguement as well. In an area that is almost completely dedicated to noobs, there is no reason at all not to have things that attracts a few of the higher level/skill players back to the area.

Falker
Re: Huh? 07/20/2009 06:04 PM CDT
Actually I picked a number that made sense that is HIGHER than what I personally have in swimming right now. There's the Faldesu swim 120, then the Jantspyre swim 150-160, then the Crossing to Shard swim 225-250 was my recommendation. I figured it made SENSE. So what if it's easy to cross. Can swim the Faldesu at 120 and keeps training until 400? How about the Jantspyre has plenty of harder spots that's harder to swim through than past the spot where you need to get out. You can make a swim teach a lot higher than the required amount to make it is. If you can cross at 250 maybe it'll teach to however high who knows? But putting a swim right next to the starter town that takes 700 swimming is a good way to turn people off to this game because let's face it having 1 rank in a skill and needing 400 ranks to swim the closest useful body of water is a bit of a turn off.

And if you have 700 in swimming you're probably able to climb past the gondola in which case travel really isn't an issue considering you can get past every single vehicle wait obstacle in the game. And if you're a Ranger you can take the trails makes it very nice, too.
Prev_page Previous 1