Re: Kaldar/Gnome meeting 01/05/2008 04:25 PM CST
Is this going to be a Platinum only Gnome/Kaldar meeting? Are you guys going to make me pull out Syreh?! <grin>

Vyraka

--Sa Tehara Oritai--
Re: Kaldar/Gnome meeting 01/05/2008 08:49 PM CST
The announcement looks like its an "Open To Everyone" Prime Meeting.

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!
Re: Kaldar/Gnome meeting 01/05/2008 09:32 PM CST
Ah okay...It was this part that made me think that it was Plat only.

>>Go check out the plat events calendar

Vyraka

--Sa Tehara Oritai--
Re: Kaldar/Gnome meeting 01/05/2008 10:11 PM CST
Hi all,

Yeah, rather than simply pick a date I figured I would invite feedback on a time and date which worked best for the majority. Rather than listing all the dates which won't work for me I figured it would be easier to just have everyone pick dates which do not conflict with the plat events calendar (i.e. the dates which don't work for me.) However, to answer your question yup this is a prime only meeting.

Although I do remember the Lieutenant and she would always be welcome back.

Thanks,
Archimede

Do you fear... death? Do you fear that dark abyss? -Davey Jones

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside.
Re: Kaldar/Gnome meeting 01/05/2008 11:59 PM CST

Oh - in that case, anytime after 6pm CST during the week shall be easy enough if you pick a time.

Archimedes, you remember Lieutenant Syreh? I'm dying to know who you were playing. Send me an IM sometime at Vyraka.

Cheers!

Vyraka

--Sa Tehara Oritai--
Re: Kaldar/Gnome meeting 01/07/2008 10:40 AM CST
Any weds or sat is great for me! I'm so looking forward to this. And I missed the gorbesh war, and have hard time finding actually data from, just summaries not much on who was who
Re: Kaldar/Gnome meeting 01/07/2008 10:42 AM CST
Ooh, fun! As long as it's after 5 PM mountain time I'll show up to listen in!

player of Kyriaca
Third time's the charm!
Re: Kaldar/Gnome meeting 01/07/2008 12:06 PM CST
> Any weds or sat is great for me! I'm so looking forward to this.

Odds are I won't be able to make it myself, but if I can't, I'll send a gift I'm been holding in reserve for a while now.

- GM Dartenian

"So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried, he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled that thing
That couldn't be done and he did it."
- Edgar Guest
Re: Kaldar/Gnome meeting 01/07/2008 01:28 PM CST
>>Odds are I won't be able to make it myself, but if I can't, I'll send a gift I'm been holding in reserve for a while now.

Kaldaran slaughter sword plz.
Re: Kaldar/Gnome meeting 01/08/2008 07:02 AM CST
I don't care when the meeting is, but please bring a list of the kaldar theme items that were released into the treasure system. I don't know why this is such a closely guarded secret.

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Ambassador of the Ilithi Court, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, ... still a Ranger
http://www.kynevon.info/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Kaldar/Gnome meeting. 01/11/2008 09:10 AM CST
Hi all,

What: Kaldar/Gnome meeting.
When: January 24th 10:00 PM EST.
Where: Gorbesh Fortress Shard.

Thanks,
Archimede

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside.
Re: Kaldar/Gnome meeting. 01/11/2008 01:21 PM CST
Nice! I will definitely be there (and hopefully drag a new player along as well) but I might need to tag along with someone in order to get there from the Crossing...

player of Kyriaca
Third time's the charm!
Re: Kaldar/Gnome meeting. 01/11/2008 03:15 PM CST
I'll hang around the Crossing that day for a bit to help anyone who doesn't know the way there.
Re: Kaldar/Gnome meeting. 01/11/2008 08:34 PM CST
Put this on the calender?

Thanks!
Kaldar/Gnome meeting for February 02/06/2008 08:13 AM CST
Hi all,

I've scheduled the Kaldar/Gnome meeting for February 26th at 10:00 EST at the Gorbesh fort just south of Shard. Hopefully I can get this on the calendar in the next day or so.

Thanks,
Archimede

Re: Kaldar/Gnome meeting for February 02/07/2008 06:08 PM CST
I know we mentioned food as the topic for the next mtg, is that still it? Are there any other cultural aspects we should think on?

Remember the good ol' days, when no one complained about the good ol' days?
Kaldar meeting 04/07/2008 08:54 PM CDT
Two months ago we had a Kaldar meeting at the Gorbesh fort in Shard. I left feeling inspired and excited from the things to come.

Two months later, I haven't heard anything.

Archimede, just a post saying "still here!" would be great.
Re: Kaldar meeting 04/08/2008 12:27 PM CDT
i second this several of us are eagerly awaiting our next metting. And would love to talk some more about the culture and more details on kaldar/gorbesh life.
Big Kaldar 04/28/2008 05:23 PM CDT
I was putting my name on some of the barbarian registers (as usual) I was the only Kaldar on every list. Made me wonder, who are the highest Kaldar character in Prime?? For each guild??

I'm seeing a lot of smaller characters as Kaldar lately, which is really cool.

~Player behind Korutu
Re: Big Kaldar 04/28/2008 05:38 PM CDT
Korutu is a pretty big barb one. Not sure if hes the highest.

Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Big Kaldar 04/29/2008 04:12 AM CDT
As for Kaldar Barbarians, my primary Prime character is one (Malkien). I know a few Kaldar Barbs in his general skill range too give or take about 15 circles (30 to 50).

If you're larger than that I would say you are probably the biggest. Maulem hasn't been around in a while to my knowledge (or if he is he just isn't as public as he used to be). Sadly I haven't had the time to play a lot so Malkien has fallen by the wayside while my TF character grows.
Doctor: Are you Alliance?
Early: Am I lion? Huh. I don't think of myself as a lion. But you might as well have a mighty roar!
Re: Big Kaldar 04/29/2008 07:15 AM CDT
>who are the highest Kaldar character in Prime?? For each guild??

I just hit 70th and I'm the only Kaldar I've seen on the Ranger registers other than Krinhad (who's been gone a long time). Of course the ranger registers don't show race, so I'm going off my highlights (I highlight every Kaldar I run into) and lots of folks don't use the registers.

I thought there was some Kaldaran Warmage out there post 100th?

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Ambassador of the Ilithi Court, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, ... still a Ranger
Re: Big Kaldar 04/29/2008 08:13 AM CDT
there are several of us moving up the barbarian ladder. but i suspect it will be a while before we can push anyone off the list.
Re: Big Kaldar 04/29/2008 04:42 PM CDT
>>I just hit 70th and I'm the only Kaldar I've seen on the Ranger registers other than Krinhad (who's been gone a long time).

To be fair, unless you're in TF (well, maybe) or Plat the registers are way too full for the "almosters" to make themselves visible unless you run into them or the gossip they create.

For instance, just puttering around the realms on my own I was actually starting to believe that empaths as a guild were dying out. Then at some point we had a meeting and nearly every single empath there was someone I'd never met before just actively running around (and not just newbs, lots of 50-70+ circle ones).

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Big Kaldar 04/29/2008 07:08 PM CDT
If I was the first Kaldar to hit 100th I want a custom Gorbesh title. :D

~Player behind Korutu
Re: Big Kaldar 04/30/2008 08:30 AM CDT
only if i get to take it from you by force once i hit 100
Re: Big Kaldar 04/30/2008 08:51 AM CDT
> only if i get to take it from you by force once i hit 100

There can be only one?

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Re: Big Kaldar 04/30/2008 11:25 AM CDT
>>> only if i get to take it from you by force once i hit 100

There can be only one?<<

Now I want to be a Kaldar. Because that sounds like too much fun.

~Zaktraw
Re: Big Kaldar 05/01/2008 12:31 AM CDT
Holy crap that would be awesome.

Give Korutu one of those slaughter swords and then let anyone over 100 challenge him for the rite of ascension to wield the sword.
Early: Am I lion? Huh. I don't think of myself as a lion. But you might as well have a mighty roar!
Re: Big Kaldar 05/01/2008 12:31 AM CDT
Well... maybe give him one he can keep too, just for himself.
Re: Big Kaldar 05/01/2008 12:33 AM CDT
>> Give Korutu one of those slaughter swords and then let anyone over 100 challenge him for the rite of ascension to wield the sword.

He has one.

And ain't no one takin' it from him.

Rev. Reene

"The amateur criminal believes that with intelligence and careful planning he will avoid detection. By contrast, the professional criminal knows he is going to get caught sooner or later and plans for that eventuality well in advance."
Re: Big Kaldar 05/06/2008 06:30 PM CDT
You said it sister.

MINE! COME AND GET IT...

You tap a twin-bladed Kaldaran Warlord's slaughtersword that you are holding.

Crafted to enhance every minute advantage within the heat of battle, the Warlord's slaughtersword exists an unspoken testament to the skill of its master. Dual saw toothed blades angle outward in a narrow V from the crossguard, their surfaces etched with a maze of razor-edged blood grooves. Twisted bloodwood, masterfully shaped in the appearance of a tangled mass of writhing spirits, curves outward from the base of the monstrous blades to form the hilt.

This weapon is as sturdy and strong as any true Kaldaran warrior. The proportions are perfect, and the dimensions are ideal.
A twin-bladed Kaldaran Warlord's slaughtersword is a two-handed edged melee-ranged weapon.

~Player behind Korutu Rippentropp
Re: Big Kaldar 05/07/2008 05:19 AM CDT
If you are insinuating that, if I kill you, you will give me the slaughtersword, then I think I suddenly have motivation to circle again.
Re: Big Kaldar 05/07/2008 06:18 AM CDT
I think that if that's what's he insinuated all of us have an incentive to began circling
Re: Big Kaldar 05/16/2008 10:23 AM CDT
I've only seen one other. Amazingly enough, they weren't selling.

Remember the good ol' days, when no one complained about the good ol' days?
Re: Big Kaldar 05/28/2008 09:42 AM CDT
Figured I'd add my name to the Kaldar/Gorbesh Barb list. Not quite 30th circle, but getting ready to roll over it here very soon. And Korutu, veeeeeery nice sword. It's a beauty.

--Lonur Hellstar

[Alisyn] "Drevid i think part of your scimitar is still in my abdomen"

[Ohuzewicasta] "Nah, he's just happy to see you"
Just rolled up another Kaldar... 07/10/2008 03:05 PM CDT
I just rolled up another new Kaldar and I happened to notice this little tidbit as I stepped out of the character manager:

Your grandfather always said the Gorbesh Empire was once grand and glorious. But during your lifetime, it has passed from one mad, grasping military dictator to another, each one worse than the last. Fueled by the prophecies of the wise Gnome Trimbolt, you joined the Kaldar separatists in a journey that was part pilgramage, part exodus.

I think that is a great bit of RP to add for new characters so they have a bit of history about their race. Keep up the great work guys!
Re: Just rolled up another Kaldar... 07/10/2008 03:55 PM CDT
I liked that little bit too, though I think in the actual timeline the exodus with Trimbolt happened too long ago for any new Kaldar to have been part of, heh. My barbarian's 37, almost 38, and according to the timeline she was born a year before the Gorbesh war occurred, so I have her coming along with her mom as a young child on that exodus, which I thnk happened a few years later? (Anyway, this is one reason I'd love to know where most of them might have settled, or did they just scatter anywhere?) It's probably possible that new people could still be trickling in from the Empire, though, or was that path totally shut off to even NPCs when the event occurred?

player of Kyriaca
Third time's the charm!
Re: Just rolled up another Kaldar... 07/11/2008 07:39 AM CDT
> that exodus, which I thnk happened a few years later? (Anyway, this is one reason I'd love to know where most of them might have settled, or did they just scatter anywhere?) It's probably possible that new people could still be trickling in from the Empire, though, or was that path totally shut off to even NPCs when the event occurred?

Based on the time line (I wasn't playing dr at the time) initial release of the race (ie: the exodus) happened right at the end of the Gorbesh war. I certainly wouldn't criticize anyone that said they came through the Hand from Albaria to Kremoria even today (that was the path the Outriders scouted and the rest followed). There are also accounts in the histories of the Gorbesh naval fleets coming around on the ocean side. I always assumed that the "Spine of the World" mountains (those in Ilihti near the Hand) jut out pretty far into the sea with little to no good ports, so passage that way is about as hard as through the Hand (ebil critters).

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, Ranger
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Kaldar/Gnome Title Suggestions 08/15/2008 01:07 PM CDT
TITLE REQS

Albarian Be Kaldar or Gnome

Lalerin (foreigner) Be Kaldar or Gnome

Gorbesh Be Kaldar

Cip'uja Be Gnome

Tloticuc Be Gnome

Iyqaromos Be Gnome

Sruhos va Tlo'oe Be Gnome

Opirks Be Gnome

Bosueq Be Gnome

Tamul Be Kaldar/Gnome and a Bard

Dunaja Be Kaldar/Gnome and a Barb

Uchubros Be Kaldar/Gnome and a Moon Mage

Koduis Be Kaldar/Gnome and a Paladin

Filinos Be Kaldar/Gnome and a War Mage

Tloha Be Kaldar/Gnome and a Ranger

Awenid Be Kaldar/Gnome and a Empath

Lonin Be Kaldar/Gnome and a Cleric

Smavandre Be Kaldar/Gnome and a Trader

Choro Be Kaldar/Gnome and Thief

Zozmure[er] (Outrider) Be Kaldar
Own a Horse
200 Perception,Stalking
150 Highest Weapon

Wenaya Givek (Imperial Solider) Be Kaldar/Gnome
150 in Highest Weapon
150 in Highest Armor
20 Discipline

Wenaya Ekavin (Imperial Bowman) Be Kaldar/Gnome
150 Highest Bow
100 Perception
20 Agility

Wenaya Gokose (Imperial Spy) Be Kaldar/Gnome
350 Stalking
300 Hiding
400 Perception
40 Agility,Reflex

Wenaya Sahin[ess] (Imperial Priest) Be Kaldar/Gnome
1,500 Total Magic
250 Teaching
150 Scholarship

Wenaya Ros (Imperial Mage) Be Kaldar/Gnome
150 PM,Harness,PP
100 Targeted Magic
20 Intelligence

Knirek Porase[er] (Nature Dweller) Be Kaldar/Gnome
100 Climb,Swim,Hide,Stalk
150 Foraging, Evasion

Prelate Be Kaldar
500 Teaching
300 Scholarship
50 Wisdom

Elder Be Kaldar
250 Teaching,Scholarship
25 Wisdom

Still a bit short of the Kaldarish titles. Feel free to comment or add to the list. I know some folks don't want to "waste" time time titles but if we are doing the suggesting then the GMs don't have alot of work to do. The hard part is the creative part not the adding of title which the title GM has said many a time is pretty easy.