Re: Kaldar -- 2011 03/22/2011 05:40 PM CDT
I think it's interesting, but I'm not sure if I entirely buy it. Kermoria was close enough that there was trade and contact between Kermoria and Albaria for several thousand years. In contrast, at least none of the sources I have come cross yet indicate much (if any) contact between Kermoria's eastern lands and the western (not sure if the Rakash / Prydaen lands are in Kermoria or another continent) until the mid 300's AV.

Moon Mages who get hit with HULP should indulge in their Survival Secondary side and run away.

-Armifer
Re: Kaldar -- 2011 03/22/2011 05:41 PM CDT
>I remember another explanation that was floated (not sure by who or with what authority) for Rakash/Prydean favors was that the proximity of Kermoria to the Rakash and Prydean homeland was closer than the proximity of Kermoria to Albaria. As such, you're able to obtain limited favors from those gods due to a weak but still present influence. Albaria is too far away to allow the 10 to manifest their power here.

If that's what let's you sleep at night. I know if I was a Kaldar I'd be a little troubled by that explanation and it's theological implications. Of course the theological implications of most of the alternative theories aren't a whole lot more comforting.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Kaldar -- 2011 03/22/2011 07:48 PM CDT
>>In contrast, at least none of the sources I have come cross yet indicate much (if any) contact between Kermoria's eastern lands and the western (not sure if the Rakash / Prydaen lands are in Kermoria or another continent) until the mid 300's AV.

Kermoria is a big continent. The trek between the shores is epic, made even worse by the fact that much of it is undeveloped wilderness.

It took Lyras's forward units over a month to cross the gap from the Barrier to P5 and that was using undead Rangers and Lunar Mages that knew the terrain, used their powers to their fullest extent, and had no concept of hunger, thirst, or fatigue. Consider even then, the Barrier was set up far east of the Rakash / Prydaen homelands.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Kaldar -- 2011 03/24/2011 12:04 AM CDT
As an aside to the god stuff above, Xzean linked to the Elanthipedia article in another thread that included what Armifer wrote about the whole which gods rule what and where question (<http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Necromancer_official_lore_posts#Prydean_Necromancers>). Mind you, this is explicitly the Temple's view on things, not the OOC-lore-truth:

There's three dominant competing views in the Temple for [the way gods work].
1) The Immortals exist as overgods of the plane except where minor deities are allowed to hold sway. The Prydaen gods exist because the Immortals are OK with contracting out Prydaen souls. Everything's OK as long as people keep this in context and do not place their silly household gods over the true gods of creation.
2) The Immortals exist as the only gods of the plane, everything else is demonic interference. The Prydaen gods are really a demonic force that has claimed their souls and the Eastern clerics have a moral obligation to do everything in their power to save the cats from themselves.
3) The Immortals exist as the only gods of the plane, and other divinities are cultural corruptions of the Immortals which the gods humor because they're so nice and open to genuine faith. Eastern clerics have a moral obligation to teach the noble savages the right way to pray.
Beyond that there's lesser, idiosyncratic views such as "the western gods were really just ancient heroes" to the incredibly unpopular "we should just learn to live together and respect each other's beliefs." The truth of the matter would require a better understanding of the universe than any mortal has.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Kaldar -- 2011 03/24/2011 05:14 AM CDT
Regarding the 10 not granting favors, I have a different theological take on the issue.

My character believes receiving favor from the gods is a weakness -- not only does she not expect favor from the 10, she actually expects the opposite. In her view, they are hostile and actively make life difficult, so that through encountering difficulties she may become stronger. I think of them sort of like parents practicing a form of tough love, and existing as examples of greatness rather than as individuals demanding adulation.

The ultimate in accomplishments, naturally, is to become strong enough to, say, battle the gods themselves -- without their help of course. (See Xin'Alaudas.)

Granted, I have no real reason for her to believe this, other than that it seemed to make sense from my reading of the attitudes of the gods, and the history with Xin'Alaudas. It also makes more sense to me than the "they're not local" explanation -- or at least, my character doesn't want to believe that because it would mean some weakness on the part of her gods, which she definitely isn't ready to accept.
Re: Kaldar -- 2011 03/24/2011 08:19 AM CDT
I like that viewpoint, ALEPH-ONE, I'd like to meet your Kaldar.

- Terra

RP at its finest: Evro says to Zynara, "I am tired....daylight savings has caught up with me."
Re: Kaldar -- 2011 03/24/2011 08:26 PM CDT
>>I like that viewpoint, ALEPH-ONE, I'd like to meet your Kaldar.

That can be arranged, if you like. :)

Email me, or IM me at Eyuve sometime. I'm in a weird time zone (as always!), but I'm always up for arranging things.
Kaldar Items 06/30/2011 08:17 AM CDT
It's been awhile since I did a conversation starter, so I figure we're due.

When you think of traditional Kaldar weapons and armor... what do you think of?

Likewise, are there any other types of items in general you particularly view as Kaldarish?

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Kaldar Items 07/19/2011 09:13 PM CDT
I also view (at least the Gorbesh side of things) as almost Roman in culture. I'm not quite sure its legions from there, perhaps more Varangian Guard.

So... lamellar armor, bearded axes, round shields and the like.

For the Kaldaran elements, I view them more as the other posts, so furs, leather armors. I seem to recall from the lore that they were often used as outriders an exploratory forests, plus with fighting in forests I would think the chance of noise and reflections might be something to avoid.
Re: Kaldar Items 07/19/2011 11:02 PM CDT
The wardrobe and weaponry, of what I envision, depends on the background of the Kaldar.

With that said...

>>When you think of traditional Kaldar weapons and armor... what do you think of?

Armor(s):
Lamellar and/or tanned or woven armor, Round shields.

Weapon(s):
Polearms, falchions, hunting knives, short bows, bolas, war mattocks

In general, I believe the preference for armor would be sturdy but easy to maneuver in - not too burdensome.

>>Likewise, are there any other types of items in general you particularly view as Kaldarish?

When I think Kaldar, I think distance - thus my weapons choices have reach, one way or the other. For up close and person, a heavy curved blade would be appropriate.

I also see Kaldar having a set of multipurpose tools -- carving, scraping, etc.

[== Vyraka ==]
Re: Kaldar Items 07/20/2011 07:28 AM CDT
I forgot to add - tattoos

I see Kaldar as being fond of body decoration.
Re: Kaldar Items 07/20/2011 08:31 AM CDT
>>I forgot to add - tattoos

>>I see Kaldar as being fond of body decoration.

I'd also like to see some more tattoos. I've searched quite a bit for one that I think would fit well with my Kaldar, and everything I've found either is too cutesy or somewhat overwrought and gory. It'd be nice to have ones that aren't clearly I'MA KILL YOU RAWR or CHECK OUT MY PRETTY TATTOO! Something simpler, like "a pattern of intricate, interlocking whorls" and things of that nature would be nice.

-Broichan Leshyahen
Re: Kaldar Items 07/20/2011 08:35 AM CDT
>>DUNTS2

This. Simplicity can often times be a very good thing in my opinion. I'm personally not a fan of the super elaborate detailed tattoos.

You have a tattoo of a darkened shadowy dragon that appears to be burned into the skin on your back.

~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Kaldar Items 07/20/2011 08:39 AM CDT
>You have an oval inscribed with the words "Property of Raesh" branded on your back.

-Raesh

Re: Kaldar Items 07/20/2011 12:59 PM CDT
<<I'm personally not a fan of the super elaborate detailed tattoos

Ditto.
Re: Kaldar Items 07/20/2011 05:36 PM CDT
>You have an oval inscribed with the words "Property of Raesh" branded on your back.

Is that on the Toad of Fate? I'll have to check that Toad of Fate at some point.

Re: Kaldar Items 07/20/2011 05:47 PM CDT

I just figured this meant that any new Kaldar shop would have more of those cute plush toads you can buy.
Re: Kaldar Items 07/20/2011 06:08 PM CDT
I'd like to see more items that represent the fight against the Ocular. The Kaldar were basically the Gorbesh Empire's vanguard against this threat for what, hundreds of years?

The Kaldar were in extended social and cultural and geopgraphical conflict with an enemy who worships chaos and can at any time take on the shape of a friend, a lover, a neighbor. I would think the Kaldar developed entire technologies or strategies to combat this danger; I imagine the lingering fear of this enemy would be very much akin to how Necromancy is treated in the five provinces.
Re: Kaldar Items 07/20/2011 06:50 PM CDT
>>I'd like to see more items that represent the fight against the Ocular

Funny you should say that...

-Raesh

Re: Kaldar Items 07/21/2011 09:26 AM CDT
>>I'd like to see more items that represent the fight against the Ocular

>>Funny you should say that...

OMG Raesh is actually currently being impersonated by an Ocular! Kill the toad and find the true Raesh!

-Broichan Leshyahen
Re: Kaldar Items 07/21/2011 10:13 AM CDT
>>Funny you should say that...

They've infiltrated our board monitors! No one's safe~!

But seriously. The Gorbesh War, the Sorrow War, the Lyras war: they were all nuanced and brought unique history and IC conflict to the realms. If by "funny you should say that" you mean "we are organizing the next major IC conflict based on the Ocular because we got off creatively on the potential of inspiring McCarthyism-like fervor and paranoia among the players."
Re: Kaldar Items 07/21/2011 10:17 AM CDT
Obviously there's going to be a war against an army led by an Ocular Sorcerer King whose mixing of the mana types to such a high degree will cause a backlash in Elanthia that totally changes the way all magic works.

~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Kaldar Items 07/21/2011 11:38 AM CDT
Maybe I'm just a bad Kaldar, but my character doesn't feel a whole lot of connection to the old traditional way of clothing/items that other folks seem to be embracing. Ven has been in Kermoria for 45 years, with no way to visit his homeland or anything like that. He's pretty well assimilated. About the only thing I (as a player) wish could be expanded on/worked on is the history/culture prior to arriving and more options for interfacing with the pantheon.

edit: I messed up my continents
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BearTrap
Traps, coming soon to DR.
Re: Kaldar Items 07/21/2011 12:47 PM CDT
>>Maybe I'm just a bad Kaldar, but my character doesn't feel a whole lot of connection to the old traditional way of clothing/items that other folks seem to be embracing. Ven has been in Kermoria for 45 years, with no way to visit his homeland or anything like that.

This is an entirely valid RP route. In fact, I suspect it's a fairly common one -- if only because there isn't a lot of culture out there for people to steep themselves in even if they're actively looking for it right now.

-Raesh

Re: Kaldar Items 09/19/2011 12:27 PM CDT
So, with HE quickly sneaking up on us (Wow... could I have been more blunt with that clue bat) we're quickly closing the window where suggestions here will have the potential to be implemented in the very near future.

As such, if there are any general types of items you'd like to have "Kaldar Style", this would be a good time to list them.

Don't worry so much about what "Kaldar Style" is -- I think I'm on fairly solid ground there. Likewise, we all know these forums. Don't feel like if you've posted it before it'd be a bad idea to post it again. Particularly if you've had many ideas, a summary post would be awesome. Specifically I'm looking for more fluffy types of items, or items you would find useful but aren't weapons/armor/magic and don't involve entirely new code.

-Raesh

Re: Kaldar Items 09/19/2011 03:45 PM CDT
1) Weapons (specifically, better-appraising bows that involve new code)

2) Armor (specifically, stuff that involves new code)

3) Magical stuff (specifically, stuff that involves new code)
Malkien
Re: Kaldar Items 09/19/2011 03:49 PM CDT
To actually try and contribute something worthwhile...

Containers are always cool. I would enjoy it if some of the stuff was described explicitly as "a Kaldaran xxx" in the item profile as opposed to the coloring and the LOOK description being a subtle tribute to one of the 10. Not that the subtle stuff isn't cool, I just can't think of any stuff besids things like totem spears and slaughter-swords, which were auction-grade stuff that I'll never get ahold of.
Malkien
Re: Kaldar Items 09/19/2011 05:35 PM CDT

This might be a little bit too "more of the same", but I'd like to see some new sochi designs. Perhaps something a little more rugged than silk and gold, and/or not specifically aimed at the Gorbesh gods like what we have now.

Also I'm just throwing this out there, but hanging weapon harnesses. What the heck is a raekhlo and is that possibly something we can claim is Kaldaran in origin?
Re: Kaldar Items 09/19/2011 08:01 PM CDT
<<What the heck is a raekhlo and is that possibly something we can claim is Kaldaran in origin?>>

Not Kaldaran in origin.

GM Jaedren
Events Guy
Re: Kaldar Items 09/19/2011 09:28 PM CDT
Alright then, as far as fluffy non-weapons/armor.

I really liked the idea of simple wooden amulets with Gorbesh runes for different deities of the Ten. A few verbs for them would be nice as well. (Whether or not they have some sort of magical bonus or not really doesn't matter)

Spear and axe harnesses, similar in size to long mesh and/or the rough burlap ones from last year. Big warrior like a Kaldar should have a big harness for his/her big weapon.

With the importance of Outriders in the Gorbesh Empire, and as I think of large parts of Albaria as tundra it seems horses would play a significant role in Kaldar life. With that in mind it'd be nice to see tack, or even a special type of 'Albarian' saddle. (As far as design elements I know far too little of actual horseback riding to suggest them)

Crampons, ice axes(fluff or weapon), and other climbing gear.

Any commemmorative items featuring Albarian VIP's; Xin'Alaudas, Duveus, Trimbolt.

Please please please bring back Kaldar breakfast eggs!

Would still love to see an Albarian/Kaldar material (something a bit more rugged than icesilk or Albarian lace) but that would probably involve all new code.

That's all I've got for now. Will go back through more posts in a bit. There have been a lot of good ideas in this folder, just need to find them all.

Oritai Jerecis Luyovathe, Siron vaz Wena
-player of
Re: Kaldar Items 09/19/2011 10:19 PM CDT
I would like to see fluff like amulets or cloaks that might have symbols of the different clans or such that have been suggested by players on the boards. I think I read someone with seven such clans? Even if there is no official support, it might be nice for people to be able to buy such items and band together and make their own clans. Also containers are great. Sheath and quiver options would be a great plus to people who want a more military theme without having to make new weapons. Maybe themed utility items like different types of skinning knives or lockpick rings?

Oh, and can the adjective to describe something of the Kaldar be 'Kaldarian' rather than 'Kaldaran'? Kaldaran makes me think of a planet that got blown up in a galaxy far, far away. LOL
Re: Kaldar Items 09/20/2011 01:04 AM CDT
>>Oh, and can the adjective to describe something of the Kaldar be 'Kaldarian' rather than 'Kaldaran'? Kaldaran makes me think of a planet that got blown up in a galaxy far, far away. LOL

"I grow tired of asking this, now where is the Necromancer base?"
"Dirge, it's in Dirge."
Malkien
Re: Kaldar Items 09/20/2011 03:33 AM CDT
Thanks Raesh, for giving us a nudge before it's too late.

I'll attempt a summary list of my thoughts (might include some repeats from earlier). (Warning, though. Uh. It's long.)

1. Materials.
-- Metals: iron, steel, possibly darkstone. For jewelry, silver.
-- Woods: ironwood, the conifers in general (pine, spruce, fir, juniper, cypress, yew), cedar, oak, walnut, possibly mistwood, wiirwood, gloomwood.
-- Cloth: wool, some linen and leather. There's also broadcloth, which is a dense woolen cloth.
-- Gems: Not much, maybe some amber or obsidian.
-- Colors: Mostly undyed, but if dyed, simple colors like red, blue, green.

2. Jewelry. For this, I picture bracers, amulets, some thick rings, thick ties to go around braids (I wish I knew what to call these, cause I think they'd be great). All iron, silver, or wood. Would range from completely plain to intricately carved -- possibly thick with runes or knotwork. Engagement or wedding rings would be nice. (Most of the ones that currently exist are far too fancy.)

3. Weapons and armor. I personally wouldn't buy storebought templates when forged is so much better now. That said, for those who would purchase some fluff weapons, I'd suggest spears (including HT/pike versions), greatswords, bastard swords, broadswords, long knives, halberds, and axes. For armor, I'd say mail and leather, round shields, and especially the simple round helmets (possibly with noseguard or eye-and-noseguard). Horned helmets being used by Vikings is a myth, but since we're in fantasy land those might be cool too.

4. Containers/utility items. Simple, rugged shoulder packs would be nice, especially if they were on the baldric template. Also, a toolkit or toolbelt that could actually fit all my tools (for mining, carving, etc.). A nice, big weapon harness (fit for greatsword or spear), and/or a Kaldar style morawen. I also like the idea of a belt knife, and carving knife (I'm sad right now that I can't use my belt knife for carving but that's a different story).

5. Clothing. Fortunately there are a lot of good places to buy simple things like wool tunics, etc., but obviously some that are slightly special would be nice. Tunics, shirts, trousers, boots. Especially boots -- fur-wrapped boots. Fur-covered cloaks. Thick winter gear. Priests' robes. Fests are also just about the only place one can get things like formal wear, so whatever kind of slightly nicer woolen things they might wear would be good. Again, wedding outfits?

6. Magical items. I know you said no new code, but maybe some runestones that have a slightly cooler look? :) Also wooden divination bowls/bones?

7. Style. Personally, I really like the following:
-- Short descriptions (most of the time). Try to end with the noun at least sometimes (e.g., "a thickly woven brown wool tunic," as opposed to "a thickly woven brown wool tunic with cedar buttons").
-- Leaving out the words Kaldar, Kaldaran, or Gorbesh. I've always found that including them just feels gratuitous to me. How do other characters know it's Kaldaran? The exception might be some kind of material that has become very famous, like Elothean silk. We could possibly have Kaldaran wool, or some such.
-- Leaving out words having to do with profession, like "an assassin's cloak," "a gravedigger's shovel." Similar to the above.
-- I like words that convey a sense of ruggedness, sturdiness, or massiveness. I've deliberately picked items in the past like "rugged" pants, "a thick-shafted spear," "a leather thigh bag reinforced with metal strips." I have had far less luck finding items that simply seem large -- yet we are giants, and it should show.

Okay that's all I can think of for the moment. I hope your eyes aren't bleeding too badly.

If you want some help writing up some taps/looks I'm always willing.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Kaldar Items 09/20/2011 03:47 AM CDT
P.S. Gosh that was a long list. Please don't take it as a laundry list. If you even do just one of those things I'll be happy!

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Kaldar Items 09/20/2011 04:55 AM CDT
>>Leaving out the words Kaldar, Kaldaran, or Gorbesh.

I like your list a lot! Except for this. I'd like a few items that are Kaldaran. How is the Elothean silverwillow crossbow strictly Elothean, when it's a standard store-bought template? Same for the Elven longsword? This isn't even taking into consideration that I somehow know that an ilglaiks skefne is in fact an ilglaiks skefne and not a duraka skefne, when both are just spears.

I definitely don't want a deluge of items, but to my knowledge the totem pole and slaughter-sword were the only strictly Kaldaran items, and I somehow doubt I'll ever get my hands on them. Once I've got a Kaldaran prayer amulet, or whatever, I'll be satisfied.

Nice suggestions otherwise!
Malkien
Re: Kaldar Items 09/20/2011 05:05 AM CDT
>>I like your list a lot!

<3. I'm glad someone actually read it.

(Unless that was typical Malkien sarcasm...)

>>Except for this. I'd like a few items that are Kaldaran.

Like I said, I'm not completely opposed -- we could have something like Kaldaran wool, or Kaldaran steel (maybe it's a distinctive color). I just personally don't like stuff where I can't imagine any discernible difference between the "racial" item and the regular version.

>>How is the Elothean silverwillow crossbow strictly Elothean, when it's a standard store-bought template? Same for the Elven longsword?

I think it's funny that you are using the same argument to argue for it as I am to argue against it. ;)

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Kaldar Items 09/20/2011 07:34 AM CDT
>>Malkien

::Notes down "Feed Malkien to Angiswaerd"::

>>new sochi designs

In a strange twist of fate, I actually did not inherit that particular merchant. I'll pass the request on to it's new owner.

>>GM Jaedren

How can you tell something is Kaldaran? He says it's his. Much like a cat.

>>Please please please bring back Kaldar breakfast eggs!

... what?

>>Would still love to see an Albarian/Kaldar material (something a bit more rugged than icesilk or Albarian lace) but that would probably involve all new code.

No, generally speaking, new materials don't require new code. Of course, with some of the crafting systems on the way, this may change. However I think I'm good here (as far as what I'm comfortable with doing and my current plans), though if someone suggests something I really take a liking to... we'll see.

>>I would like to see fluff like amulets or cloaks that might have symbols of the different clans or such that have been suggested by players on the boards.

I really do need to address the clans at some point, but now is not that time. Suffice it to say it to say I've read some of the old clan proposals and I'm not a fan. That's not to say there may not be a version of clans I'd be content to do, but if so, it wouldn't be the past one(s) that I've seen bandied about.

>>Oh, and can the adjective to describe something of the Kaldar be 'Kaldarian' rather than 'Kaldaran'? Kaldaran makes me think of a planet that got blown up in a galaxy far, far away. LOL

No. Also you're saying it wrong. It sounds more like "Human" not "Alderaan".

>>3. Weapons and armor. I personally wouldn't buy storebought templates when forged is so much better now.

I would not assume this to be universally true.

>>6. Magical items. I know you said no new code, but maybe some runestones that have a slightly cooler look?

I could do this... if you're okay with them being deprecated within a month or so when Magic 3.0 comes out.

>>Also wooden divination bowls/bones?

As a tangent -- wooden divination bowls don't work. Wooden bones do.

>>How do other characters know it's Kaldaran?

It's a tricky argument you can go both ways on. I feel it's justified sometimes, and not others (I likely lean towards "not" by default). The most likely one you'd see me use is "Gorbesh" due to the timing and history of their introduction to Kermoria.

That said, it is unlikely I'd introduce a new material as "Kaldaran X".

>>Albarian critter charts for my compendium!

Wouldn't we need Albarian critters?

>>Forging instructions for kaldar-specific items?

Funny you should mention that. It's something I'm interested in doing, but I don't know if the support structure will be ready for it.

>>Add bard recalls to some of the stuff please! Slip in some more canon, we need it.

That's... actually a lot larger topic of discussion than you might think. I think I'll save that for when I have some announcements ready for the Bards (Which should be the dreaded 'S' word.)

-Raesh

Re: Kaldar Items 09/20/2011 08:35 AM CDT
<<No. Also you're saying it wrong. It sounds more like "Human" not "Alderaan".

You mean Kaldar don't have umlauts? Worst. Viking. Ripoffs. Ever.
Re: Kaldar Items 09/20/2011 02:16 PM CDT
>>(Unless that was typical Malkien sarcasm...)

Your list was reasoned and well-informed. The sarcasm only comes when it's deserved.

>>::Notes down "Feed Malkien to Angiswaerd"::

Will the Angiswaerd have new functionality?
Malkien
Re: Kaldar Items 09/20/2011 05:25 PM CDT
>>3. Weapons and armor. I personally wouldn't buy storebought templates when forged is so much better now.

>>I would not assume this to be universally true.

If you're saying that some festival templates will be on par with forged, then that's awesome. I would totally buy such things. (Though short TAPs are even more crucial for me for weapons since weapons are the one thing that actively contribute to all the eye-bleeding scroll I have to put up with in combat.)

>>6. Magical items. I know you said no new code, but maybe some runestones that have a slightly cooler look?

>>I could do this... if you're okay with them being deprecated within a month or so when Magic 3.0 comes out.

Personally I'm cool with it (as long as they're cheap), but maybe it's not a great idea because of those people who don't read the boards. Anyway something to keep in mind for new crafting.

>>As a tangent -- wooden divination bowls don't work. Wooden bones do.

Perhaps metal or stone then? Bowls strike me as very runic and watery and therefore possibly in the style of the Kaldar (although I'm sure they'd take a completely different view of the Pethian philosophy). P.S. Why don't wooden bowls work?

>><<A nice, big weapon harness (fit for greatsword or spear), and/or a Kaldar style morawen.

>>Have you been reading my notes?

I've been hacking your computer since 1993! But seriously, who wouldn't have Tieheq in mind as the ultimate Kaldaran warrior?

>>The Priests and Healers of the Kaldaran world need some love.

I totally agree. Barbarian, Paladin, and WM are the most popular choices for Kaldars, but I think a race doesn't really get its full flavor unless we develop with all guilds in mind. Which reminds me, perhaps we could get some Kaldaran instruments also. Maybe wooden recorders/flutes, pan-pipes, horns (made of wood or horn), lyres, and simple drums, a la this site:

http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/music.shtml#Archaeology

Which also reminds me: Drinking horns. That are belt-worn flasks. I had one made for myself at the last fest (lucky me!) but it's definitely something I want to see available.

>>Thing hiders with a kaldar slant. Really would like to hide some of my hodgepodge armor.

I am always a fan of hiders. The current crop are largely too fancy. And an armor hider is actually at the very top of my wish list. Though I didn't ask because I assume it's impossible (it's already a prize in Chicken and I assumed they wouldn't want to decrease its value).

-- Player of Eyuve