How does lifespan work? 12/26/2006 09:31 PM CST
If our character reaches it's lifespan limit, does that mean it will walk in the game?
Re: How does lifespan work? 12/26/2006 09:35 PM CST
>>If our character reaches it's lifespan limit, does that mean it will walk in the game?

No. It's been stated numerous times that there will be no dying of age.

It is easy to be brave from a safe distance.
-Aesop
Re: How does lifespan work? 12/26/2006 10:10 PM CST
Thanks, sorry for the stupid question
Re: How does lifespan work? 12/26/2006 10:26 PM CST
>>Thanks, sorry for the stupid question

No worries. When that occurred to me it worried me, too. Would really suck to work on a character for years and then just have him or her die.

-Aesop
Re: How does lifespan work? 12/27/2006 12:29 PM CST
>>Would really suck to work on a character for years and then just have him or her die.

That it would! But we needn't worry: Us adventurers are special!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: How does lifespan work? 12/29/2006 09:42 AM CST
Age is an illusion. Each time you die and depart you get a new body. What I do not understand is why we have death scars. But that's another discussion.

______
Mists and Magic, Ocean Breezes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: How does lifespan work? 12/29/2006 10:30 AM CST
>>Age is an illusion. Each time you die and depart you get a new body. What I do not understand is why we have death scars. But that's another discussion.

We have death scars in part because it isn't a new body, it's an old body brought to life. You are still you when you depart. You awaken, your wounds knitted, but you're still you. Your hair is still grey, your memeories are still floating around, your experience is still present, your personal preferences and your likes of food and your skin tone and your smelly hairy Halfling feet. You don't get a new, younger, different body when you depart.

-Aesop
Re: How does lifespan work? 12/29/2006 10:40 AM CST
But if you depart your body goes into the ground to make a grave. All of your posessions are conatined with your body which has now decomposed into the ground leaving only your material items. However your soul/consciousness whatever you want to call it remains with you. If departing teleports your damaged body to a cleric then your possesions should remain on your body. No sense in heading back to your body to get your stuff if you're still in it.

Gahlron Dragon'Claws
Ranger
~Mors ante dedecum
Nihil ante coffeum~
Re: How does lifespan work? 12/29/2006 11:03 AM CST
>But if you depart your body goes into the ground to make a grave. All of your posessions are conatined with your body which has now decomposed into the ground leaving only your material items.

>Age is an illusion. Each time you die and depart you get a new body. What I do not understand is why we have death scars. But that's another discussion.

There was an event. The two god is primarily responsible for reincarnation at death was damaged. After that, death scars. Because the reincarnation is no longer perfect.

So you have a new and old body at the same time. One could say that it is simply your mind recreating the wounds that killed it.
Re: How does lifespan work? 12/29/2006 12:49 PM CST
Or you could say that rather than the body decomposing, it is taken by the god that ressurects you and put into the temple, where you wake up.
Re: How does lifespan work? 12/29/2006 04:08 PM CST
Sounds silly to me.

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true." ~Wizard Zorander
Re: How does lifespan work? 12/29/2006 06:00 PM CST
It's a new body. I had my dead body snatched and thrown out of the swamp by a skeletal hand once. The ground ate my body when I departed after that. At that time you got a body without scars when you departed. Just because the god got hurt and we now some how get a new body with scars does not change that. It is definately not the old body. The items and the old body stay in that grave.

I think we appear to age because we remember how old we should be. But it's really a new body.

I guess that the scars are there because we firmly believe we are still injured enough so that part of the injury comes though and manifests on the new body.

I guess my emerald knight badge comes with me because it is more or less bonded to my soul and again my brain firmly believes that badge is there.

_______
Mists and Magic, Ocean Breezes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: How does lifespan work? 12/29/2006 06:43 PM CST
While we may have gotten new bodies in the past, per the GMs we do in fact retain our old ones now, just patched up in the form of death scars.

Rev. Reene

You are Caelumia Y'laeth, an Elf.
Holy Smoke, you're ugly! Who is your hairdresser? Medusa?

Get involved!
http://reene.euphoricsoup.com/text/roleplaying.html
Re: How does lifespan work? 12/29/2006 09:57 PM CST
Hmm, I don't recall seeing such a post. Care to provide a link?

Re: How does lifespan work? 12/29/2006 10:06 PM CST
It was a long time ago and I don't even remember what folder it was in.

Rev. Reene

You are Caelumia Y'laeth, an Elf.
Holy Smoke, you're ugly! Who is your hairdresser? Medusa?

Get involved!
http://reene.euphoricsoup.com/text/roleplaying.html