Burden Problems 08/14/2003 11:16 AM CDT
Not sure about other people but 45 strength, 30 stamina, and human... Had light burden before change and up to Burden now.... I mean yeah I'm a paladin and wear plate armor and all, but comeon. I hate to see what a novice paladin has in burden cause of this change...

Guess it gives me a reason to train strength to 60 now

Ellsdragon
--Weebles wobble but the don't fall down! or do they?!?
Re: Burden Problems 08/14/2003 11:18 AM CDT
When posting about encumbrance oddities, can you all please also post your races? Thanks!

-Tessima
Re: Burden Problems 08/14/2003 11:18 AM CDT
My warrior mage has always had light burden, mainly because I'm a fluff magnet, but now she's at burdened. Human, strength 33, stamina 34.

I know the GMs are looking at it, but if I remove my armor, it makes no difference in my burden, unless i drop it. Wearing the armor or holding it, doesn't make any change in my burden, when it would before.

To be a book-collector is to combine the worst characteristics of a dope fiend with those of a miser.

- Robertson Davies, "The Table Talk of Samuel Marchbanks"
Re: Burden Problems 08/14/2003 11:19 AM CDT
I went from Light Burden to Very Heavy Burden.
Im a human with 12 str and stam. I hope this helps...

After 17 years of life I have learned one thing, im not a casual gamer, I am a hardcore gamer.
Re: Burden Problems 08/14/2003 11:20 AM CDT
Elf, 20 Str, 20 Sta. Went from Somewhat burdened to Heavy Burden. Seems a bit drastic.... I don't carry much of weight aside from my armor (leathers) and a spellbook case. Small bit of fluff, that's about it. Hope this isn't a permanent thing... I'd like to put training into being more agile and smart, not bulging with muscle so I can wear clothing without falling over.

--- ian / sorann

And if your head explodes with dark forbodings too
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon...
--- Pink Floyd
Re: Burden Problems 08/14/2003 11:29 AM CDT
Dwarf, Str 14, Sta 25, went from light or possibly somewhat burdened to heavy burden. Also, whether I'm wearing all my chain armor or not wearing it, there's no visible change to burden.
Re: Burden Problems 08/14/2003 11:30 AM CDT
Kaldaran Ranger, 34 str, 30 stam ... I logged out last night with "none" (and I do my best to stay below 80% of "none" when I can, not sure if I was there last night), log in this morning with "somewhat burdened". I can't hunt with a burden like that, combat has taken burden into account to a serious degree. Hence why I always unsling my bundles and leave them on the ground, pick them up before moving on. Now I am facing either not hunting at all or having to go vault what I had thought was my "usual inventory".

If this is a bug, I hope it gets fixed soon and would like to know how it didn't get noticed in QC.

If it isn't, I guess it looks like I start hunting with even less than I usually do. <sigh>

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Re: Burden Problems 08/14/2003 12:35 PM CDT
It's fixed. At least for me it is. (I'm human.)

~Dulcinia

"I don't think that's Pete."
Re: Burden Problems 08/14/2003 12:47 PM CDT
>>If this is a bug, I hope it gets fixed soon and would like to know how it didn't get noticed in QC.

Kaldar, Togs, and S'Kra are as I understand it the "stronger races" and as a result of the zeroing in will now likely see an increase in overall burden (since their former bonus has been removed). Halflings and gnomes and such (the "weaker" races) should see their burden go down, since their former penalty has been removed.

Check the GM Announcments folder, Ellerina goes over all this in her post.

~ Nutawa
Re: Burden Problems 08/14/2003 01:21 PM CDT
>>Nutawa>>Check the GM Announcments folder, Ellerina goes over all this in her post.

I was referring to the jump to "somewhat" which was before she posted. ;-)

It was a bug, and they fixed it. I won't be able to determine exactly how much my burden went "up" unless I can find my old notes of where my burden threshhold (how many coins til "light" when nekkid) are, they're on this desk somewhere, I think ...

Meantime, I am back to "none", so I am happy. :-D Might have to shed some equipment to get back to my usual state of "80% or less" but that's cool.

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"