Havor Foehammer (Tiger Clan Blacksmith) - Just a description thing 06/28/2003 04:55 PM CDT
For Cadaya I thik..or whoever changes this sort of thing...I suppose this isn't really a bug, but maybe a typo, or just something that didn't follow the race charts since there weren't any. I've got no idea if you know about it, but just in case...here it is. Havor is only seven foot tall. Kinda short for a tog. I figured if you didn't know about it, you might want to change it. Or heck, maybe he's just short.

>l hav
[Assuming you mean Havor Foehammer.]

The Tiger Clan's renowned blacksmith, Havor Foehammer, is a seven-foot mountain of rippling Gor'Tog muscle. Faint creases around his face impart a ruggedly handsome appearance, but his deep azure eyes reflect pain and sorrow behind an otherwise stoic visage. A long, scarred leather apron protects his exquisitely sculpted body, and he grips a heavy iron hammer in his right hand like a child's toy.

Kelneth
Re: Havor Foehammer (Tiger Clan Blacksmith) - Just a description thing 06/28/2003 05:09 PM CDT
The only part I can thing of is that hes only 7 foot tall, almost as short as Viptorian.

Drachus
Re: Havor Foehammer (Tiger Clan Blacksmith) - Just a description thing 06/28/2003 05:11 PM CDT
Pretty sure that's not a bug. Some of the best blacksmiths are short. =) Girth is what's important.

--Ellerina

"It is impossible to travel faster than the speed of light, and certainly not desirable, as one's hat keeps blowing off."
-- Woody Allen
Re: Havor Foehammer (Tiger Clan Blacksmith) - Just a description thing 06/28/2003 05:29 PM CDT
I think your wrong Ellterina, Viptorian is most definatly not a smith<smirk>

Drachus
Re: Havor Foehammer (Tiger Clan Blacksmith) - Just a description thing 06/28/2003 06:30 PM CDT
>>Ellerina>>Pretty sure that's not a bug. Some of the best blacksmiths are short. =) Girth is what's important.

I don't think that's the issue they were concerned with as much as his being referred to as "a rippling mountain of Gor'Tog muscle". Granted, by human standards 7-foot tall is pretty big but not all THAT big and by Tog standards he's a runt.

~~~Krin
Re: Havor Foehammer (Tiger Clan Blacksmith) - Just a description thing 06/28/2003 06:55 PM CDT
<<I don't think that's the issue they were concerned with as much as his being referred to as "a rippling mountain of Gor'Tog muscle". Granted, by human standards 7-foot tall is pretty big but not all THAT big and by Tog standards he's a runt.>>

If that's the case, the thing to do is probably to TYPO it to the attention of the Tog champion and the designer of that area, and have them make the decision. But I think there is nothing in that description that implies that 7' is big *for a Tog*, per se. A mountain used in metaphor doesn't always just mean big -- it can mean stolid, resolute, dense, or a number of other things. A mountain of mashed potatoes heaped on a plate, for instance, doesn't necessarily imply that the mashed potatoes are the biggest mashed potatoes that ever were. It's just more in reference to form. =) When I read that description, I think of a very densely-muscled Tog, which may or may not influence his height at all.

--Ellerina

"It is impossible to travel faster than the speed of light, and certainly not desirable, as one's hat keeps blowing off."
-- Woody Allen
Re: Havor Foehammer (Tiger Clan Blacksmith) - Just a description thing 06/28/2003 06:58 PM CDT
No to mention seven feet is below the min for female AND male togs <grin> Hes stumpy junior!

Drachus